The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lomachenko vs Crolla

3 posters

Go down

Lomachenko vs Crolla  Empty Lomachenko vs Crolla

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Wed 20 Feb 2019 - 20:16

Unified world lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko will make his mandatory defense against former WBA title holder Anthony Crolla. Lomachenko was originally set to face IBF champion Richard Commey, but the Ghanaian has a hand injury.

The bout is set for April in LA. I don't really understand how the WBA recycled Crolla as mandatory. Nothing against Crolla, but Linares outclassed him twice. Lomachenko subsequently KO'd Linares. Can't see this being competitive at all.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Lomachenko vs Crolla  Empty Re: Lomachenko vs Crolla

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Feb 2019 - 21:37

It's a non-event, but that's what happens when you've got so many sanctioning bodies who are often reluctant to rank fighters who feature high up in rival organisations' lists.

Really nobody out there at 135 to extend Lomachenko, I fear. If Garcia falls short against Spence I imagine he'll drop back down, albeit probably to 140. Lomachenko and him might have to meet at Light-Welter if we want to see the Ukrainian in an interesting fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 25 Feb 2019 - 14:59

Absolutely love Anthony Crolla. He's a great fighter and he's had some really good wins recently but this isn't so much a reward. Lomachenko is an absolute freak and simply a class above.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down