The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+27
navyblueshorts
tigertattie
Luckless Pedestrian
alfie
JDizzle
No name Bertie
88Chris05
Scottrf
Luke
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
El Radar
dummy_half
CaledonianCraig
lostinwales
Hero
Pr4wn
SecretFly
Galted
Samo
MrInvisible
Cardiff Dave
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
JuliusHMarx
31 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Political round up.............

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 23 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thread Split! Culture Cup Rules!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:04 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:But none of the play stuff matters at all. Their political leanings don’t matter. If a woman is screaming “get off me” while pouring banging can be heard during a domestic dispute in her own home, that’s a matter of public responsibility. The fact that it involved the prospective future PM makes it in the public interest.

The sickening part of this is that we all know if it had been a Labour or Lib Dem Mp the same journalists and People decrying the neighbours would be wanting the Mp strung up....

Irony is...The Mail...Telegraph and Sun get most of their stories by whistleblowers puking over a Celebrity or Politician using methods like taping..

What I would say is this is a neighbour with an agenda. Why? Well selling the story to a national newspaper kind of sums up her motives. The police were called and they never pressed charges. End of. Buttttt........

Forgetting this incident or sweeping it under the carpet (whichever you prefer) does not steer away from what a political disaster BJ is and he is about to become PM. I just find it truly mind-blowing. He was sacked from his post of Foreign Minister for sheer blundering incompetence. He is on record for nasty and scandalous digs at Muslim women, Scots and Scousers as well as saying 'f*** 'em' to businesses worried on how Brexit would affect them. And this is what Tories want as PM? Sorry but it sums up Tories and their supporters if this is truly and honestly the best they can offer.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:14 am

A Woman was screaming get off....Apparently three sets of neighbours heard the ruckus..Not just one..

So what if they are left leaning ??..Is that supposed to stop you reporting right wing neighbours getting abused .

The Mail.. Sun...Telegraph and Tory Mps would be saying how misogynistic Labour is had it been a leftie involved..

Newspapers get 2/3 of their stories from People snitching..

Murdoch papers were happy to phone hack dead girls..

The complete hypocrisy of this episode is the most worrying thing....We are supposed to out whistleblowers acting in the Human interest are we ???

Bollox to that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:18 am

What equipment was this man using to record?  Just a phone from the comfort of his favourite armchair?  Or was it purpose-specific, high tech listening equipment designed to...... well, spy?
If it's the latter, was that actually what police meant when they encouraged citizens to record incidents that they might believe to be anti-social behavior?  24-7 surveillance of the sounds coming from your Neighbour's private home?  Months of surveillance?  Just a 'concerned' innocent neighbour with no ulterior motives?

What else has this man recorded?  Sexual activity?  Boris on the phone talking politics?  Visitors to Johnson's home having what they think are private discussions?  Friends of Johnson's partner (male or female) coming to chat with Ms Symonds in what they believe to be a private setting?  
The neighbour only recorded when he heard loud noises that might hint at Anti-social behavior?
He wasn't tempted, paid or 'employed' to record other activities in Boris's home, held back for suitable revelations at politically opportunistic times?
Have the police found out the extent of this man's recordings and how appropriate they might be to the notion of anti-social behavior?
Is there any other kind of spying apparatus in this neighbour's possession?
Are there any undeclared holes in walls?  
Any cameras that might have taken footage of Boris Johnson outside or inside his own home?
Might an intelligence organisation, foreign or domestic be involved in the collection of data on one Boris Johnson?

If I were Boris Johnson, I'd be talking with my legal representative to find out the true nature of this 'concerned' neighbour's infiltration into my private AND political actions and thoughts.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:22 am

Take off that tin foil hat, Secret. It's making you look almost as ridiculous as you sound.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:36 am

Pr4wn wrote:Take off that tin foil hat, Secret. It's making you look almost as ridiculous as you sound.

I think you know by now - or should - that the old tin foil smear tricks don't work on me, Pr.  I just keep going.  I don't get distracted or 'shamed' into silence. I just keep going.

So take it one step at a time - was this 'concerned' citizen just using his phone or had he dedicated equipment up and running to record Boris Johnson's activity in his own home?  Have the police enquired about that detail yet?

Baby steps - one question at a time.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:48 am

You're so brave, Fly.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:49 am

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Take off that tin foil hat, Secret. It's making you look almost as ridiculous as you sound.

I think you know by now - or should - that the old tin foil smear tricks don't work on me, Pr.  I just keep going.  I don't get distracted or 'shamed' into silence.  I just keep going.

So take it one step at a time - was this 'concerned' citizen just using his phone or had he dedicated equipment up and running to record Boris Johnson's activity in his own home?  Have the police enquired about that detail yet?

That's two questions. I can't keep up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:57 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You're so brave, Fly.

I know!!! Positively heroic, I am!

But my tin foil hat has a stun gun personal protection attachment anyway, so I'm covered on that score.

Might sell one of them to Boris for the right price. But that eejit don't care about money, does he?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Jun 2019, 10:57 am

Some things are very clear:

Newspapers taking the higher ground here are hilarious - they don't just encourage this kind of news gathering for them, they beg for it.
It is a public interest story.
Right wing newspapers are pushing back and people eating it up should be concerned for themselves.
The life and living arrangements of these people are not public interest. 
You should definitely ring the police if you hear anything similar to what they heard.
I would also suggest recording it, if you have the frame of mind. 
The photos released today are hilarious. 
Boris is a not fit to run what people want this country to be, but probably is fit to run the 1940s, jingoist hellhole people are harking back to.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

I think you know by now - or should - that the old tin foil smear tricks don't work on me, Pr.  I just keep going.  I don't get distracted or 'shamed' into silence.  I just keep going.

That's two questions. I can't keep up.

You're great for the maths, Julius OK That's great, coz I'm useless with numbering!

Now enough of this evasion and nonsense. Back to the question of which there were two.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:04 am

lostinwales wrote:If she had not called out there would not be an incident.

This is the crux of it, isn't it? If you're running for the leadership of your party, and in effect to be the next prime minister, maybe don't cause your girlfriend to shout 'get off me' so loudly it can be heard from the next flat.

Having said that, I'm more concerned that Johnson's still saying stuff like this:

https://fullfact.org/europe/boris-johnson-gatt-article-24/

Even Liam Fox has been correcting him on this. Liam Fox, for crying out loud.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:04 am

Ummm, let me think....
Don't know and don't know.
Your turn.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:11 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Some things are very clear:

Newspapers taking the higher ground here are hilarious - they don't just encourage this kind of news gathering for them, they beg for it.
Right wing newspapers are pushing back and people eating it up should be concerned for themselves.
You should definitely ring the police if you hear anything similar to what they heard.
Boris is a not fit to run what people want this country to be, but probably is fit to run the 1940s, jingoist hellhole people are harking back to.

Christ Almighty!  As Folau might say.  

Wasn't there a War on around then to save the World from the Fires of Nazism?  And wasn't it a jingoistic fat man with a bigger-than-life personality cult around him that just about dragged the UK by the shoelaces through that time by the force of that irregular personality?

Hmmm.  Maybe your take on it is that he too was a little Englander who didn't see a place for his country in the German, French, Italian European Unity experiment that was taking place at the time?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Ummm, let me think....
Your turn.

You're running away from Public Interest, Julius. Not good. Mr Hunt will be most displeased with your casual approach.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:17 am

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Ummm, let me think....
Your turn.

You're running away from Public Interest, Julius.  Not good.  Mr Hunt will be most displeased with your casual approach.

I'm just following your lead, SF.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:55 am

SecretFly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Some things are very clear:

Christ Almighty!  As Folau might say.  

Wasn't there a War on around then to save the World from the Fires of Nazism?  And wasn't it a jingoistic fat man with a bigger-than-life personality cult around him that just about dragged the UK by the shoelaces through that time by the force of that irregular personality?

Hmmm.  Maybe your take on it is that he too was a little Englander who didn't see a place for his country in the German, French, Italian European Unity experiment that was taking place at the time?

I don't think you could have proven that last point even more. Churchill was a fat racist, so there are similarities.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:05 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I don't think you could have proven that last point even more. Churchill was a fat racist, so there are similarities.

Yeah, I knew you must have had an issue with him.  Not saying you're wrong, btw.  But based on evidence then, a fat racist can do good things?
Or is that going too far?  Better to serve in Nazi Hell than be beholden to the fat racist?  
Not putting words in your mouth but the question is there.  Was the fat racist guilty of doing a good deed - back then in the jingoistic 40s?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:37 pm

Racists of all sizes are capable of doing good things, but that doesn't make it desirable for a leader to be racist.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:54 pm

See big beastie John Prescott has been rushed to Hospital..

Certainly a character that guy...Hope it turns out ok..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:58 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Racists of all sizes are capable of doing good things, but that doesn't make it desirable for a leader to be racist.

Perhaps not.  That is an opinion.

But the truth is that in a world stuffed with humans, it's inevitable.  Racists are capable of doing good things.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:03 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Ms Carrie Symonds is on record in saying she has been stitched up by her neighbours.  It has also emerged her neighbours have been systematically recording through the shared walls - keeping a log of the sound activities emerging from Ms Carrie Symonds and Boris Johnson - so they are now saying that Symonds - Johnson had four raised arguments over the past 6 weeks or so ...

People are directly ignoring Ms Carrie Symonds - they are trampling over her rights and comments in order to get to Boris Johnson.  Ms Carrie Symonds has been objectified and ignored (that she has been stitched up by her neighbours and is now being harrassed).  The neighbours claims have been enshrined - and now the anti-Boris brigade are claiming it is a matter for the public interest.   It is such a one-sided outlook (hypocrisy) that it can definitely be categorised as political posturing.

So you don't think that the shouting of "get off me" in combination with banging and shouting was in the public interest?
Ms Carrie Symonds doesn't think so - and your response exactly showcases the point I was making.   But you are just one individual who may or may not be a political partisan.  The real issue is the so-called neutral BBC and others are making political capital out of it.

Ultimately everyone is going to have to hound Ms Carrie Symonds for an answer - the BBC can't expect Boris Johnson to talk about his personal relationship with Ms Carrie Symonds in public - but that is exactly what they have been demanding.  

This is all about anti-Boris propaganda and political opportunism (of a low order).   If they want to know what Ms Carrie Symonds said or did not say, or what she meant or did not mean, and under what context - they have to hound her.  And she is already being hounded and is in hiding.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:14 pm

The Feminists are protecting her.  24 hour guard around her hideaway, I hear.  
Big march planned for this weekend in London,
Activists on the airwaves all day telling the bad media to stop persecuting this woman for juicy details on her private life.

So it's all looking good for her from here on in  OK

What's this note I've been passed?  "Fake news, fly!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:19 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Police have asked people to record incidents of anti social behaviour..

There was a big outcry when a two year old was killed by his Parents some months ago after neighbours complained to the authorities and nothing was done.
Recording is one thing (and I'd argue the toss over that perhaps, too), but making it public in this fashion is pathetic.

Not if it is in the Public interest..
...which it isn't.

The police being called to the probable next Prime Minister's house in which he has a domestic argument, complete with shouting and banging and in which a woman can be heard shouting "get off me" is entirely in the public interest.
No, it is not.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:21 pm

MrInvisible wrote:With the Boris Johnson night-time disturbance story I think rightly or wrongly by saying nothing at all he's fanned the flames and looks shifty, regardless of the full story of what went on.  Surely he could have made a short statement thanking the neighbours for their concern but stating they've fully co-operated with police, that like most other couples they have their ups and downs, and requesting their right to private life is respected.

Will it make a difference to Tory leadership campaign?  Probably not - his harder line on Brexit/no deal will be the main issue with most of the membership.  I do though think longer term, it may play a small part along with a number of other incidents/utterances that make him that bit more toxic with more voters.  I wonder too if behind the scenes a few senior Tories are wondering if he is going to be too much of liability.
Pretty sensible, but then this is Boris Johnson we're talking about.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm

Pr4wn wrote:But none of the play stuff matters at all. Their political leanings don’t matter. If a woman is screaming “get off me” while pouring banging can be heard during a domestic dispute in her own home, that’s a matter of public responsibility. The fact that it involved the prospective future PM makes it in the public interest.
No, it does not.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

The sickening part of this is that we all know if it had been a Labour or Lib Dem Mp the same journalists and People decrying the neighbours would be wanting the Mp strung up....

Irony is...The Mail...Telegraph and Sun get most of their stories by whistleblowers puking over a Celebrity or Politician using methods like taping..
Speak for them/yourself. For me, I would decry similar in their case as also not being in the 'public interest'.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MrInvisible Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:23 pm

@Bertie, yes, Ms Symonds is in hiding...on the front page of today's Evening Standard - check out their front page today - nauseating PR pic of the 'happy couple' splashed on the front.

With regards to BBC and Boris, they frequently have his Dad on as a supposedly impartial contributor to pieces on him. The Beeb I suppose are partly to blame for building up the Boris myth over the years - it was after all his famous appearances on Have I Got News For You which helped develop his celebrity. Paul Merton or the infamous tub of lard would be more appealing candidates from the show for prime minister though.

By contrast I heard a v well handled (though unintentionally amusing at times) BBC 5 live radio phone in debate on the issue this morning. Nicky Campbell was his usual even-handed self, playing devils' advocate with all callers and being v robust in challenging those who felt the incident was significant and/or in public interest.

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:25 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Ms Carrie Symonds is on record in saying she has been stitched up by her neighbours.  It has also emerged her neighbours have been systematically recording through the shared walls - keeping a log of the sound activities emerging from Ms Carrie Symonds and Boris Johnson - so they are now saying that Symonds - Johnson had four raised arguments over the past 6 weeks or so ...

People are directly ignoring Ms Carrie Symonds - they are trampling over her rights and comments in order to get to Boris Johnson.  Ms Carrie Symonds has been objectified and ignored (that she has been stitched up by her neighbours and is now being harrassed).  The neighbours claims have been enshrined - and now the anti-Boris brigade are claiming it is a matter for the public interest.   It is such a one-sided outlook (hypocrisy) that it can definitely be categorised as political posturing.

So you don't think that the shouting of "get off me" in combination with banging and shouting was in the public interest?
Oh, for Heaven's sake. Stop cherry picking words allegedly used in this argument. In addition, just what meaning, exactly, are you ascribing to those words?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:37 pm

I know.

She was half bent over scrubbing the red wine he had spilled on the white sofa with cold water and dish detergent and he somehow took that as a "come on". That must have been the "get off me" part.

I bet he leaves crumbs from his cheese and crackers all over the floor and in between the cushions too! Absolutely no respect for other people's property.

The man is a complete pig and unfit to be your next PM.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:37 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Nice try at suppressing the truth, lads.  The concerned neighbours forgot to say they were Left wing EU supporters when they rang the newspapers?  Well, when you're genuinely 'concerned', you can forget these little details of course.

Meanwhile, the woman with Boris feels like she's a victim, feels wronged, feels played... 'stitch up', she says.  
So all the feminists groups will be out in force now to support her?

Are you suggesting that, given they were hearing a banging, shouting and a woman saying "get off me", that they shouldn't have called the police and instead just let it happen?

Were they supposed to declare their political leanings while they reported their concerns to the police?

What a bizarre post.
Whatever the outcome of the call to the police, nothing justifies selling the recording to the newspapers. Nothing. It is nothing to do with the public and it's not remotely 'in the public interest'. And I loathe Johnson. Why would it even cross your mind to record it?? Unless, of course, you know who your neighbour is in this case...

The Guardian famously never pays for stories, so they didn't sell it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:40 pm

MrInvisible wrote:@Bertie, yes, Ms Symonds is in hiding...on the front page of today's Evening Standard - check out their front page today - nauseating  PR pic of the 'happy couple' splashed on the front.

An absolutely disgraceful invasion of privacy, and I am sure we will hear all those prominent defenders of BJ’s right to privacy up in arms about this too.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:44 pm

MrInvisible wrote:@Bertie, yes, Ms Symonds is in hiding...on the front page of today's Evening Standard - check out their front page today - nauseating  PR pic of the 'happy couple' splashed on the front.

With regards to BBC and Boris ...

By contrast I heard a v well handled BBC 5 live radio ...

Bit in bold - why is a picture of Ms Symonds and Mr Johnson nauseating?  Surely Ms Symonds is the victim here - surely you can't be nauseated by a picture of Ms Symonds?  

Remember Ms Symonds is the victim here - at least as so many are claiming - a potential victim of the attempted murder at the hands of the Prime-Minister in waiting.

If Ms Symonds denies this - does the anti-Boris enmity - suddenly then turn on Ms Symonds - because she won't play along with this narrative and the anti-Boris rhetoric?

It sort of demonstrates that the people peddling this story don't care about Ms Symonds.   Hence political opportunism.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:46 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Speak for them/yourself. For me, I would decry similar in their case as also not being in the 'public interest'.

Navy has a point....If the next PM likes abusing Women.....Why should anyone want to know ??

I mean if you are a Women's rights and gender equality advocate....I shouldn't think it will affect your vote or anything..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:51 pm

No name Bertie wrote:

Bit in bold - why is a picture of Ms Symonds and Mr Johnson nauseating?  Surely Ms Symonds is the victim here - surely you can't be nauseated by a picture of Ms Symonds?  

Remember Ms Symonds is the victim here - at least as so many are claiming - a potential victim of the attempted murder at the hands of the Prime-Minister in waiting.

If Ms Symonds denies this - does the anti-Boris enmity - suddenly then turn on Ms Symonds - because she won't play along with this narrative and the anti-Boris rhetoric?

It sort of demonstrates that the people peddling this story don't care about Ms Symonds.   Hence political opportunism.

I'm guessing that for some people the effects are nauseating because it's clearly stage-managed and is being put out as an alterative to an actual response.    

Your attempts to twist it into some sort of vilification of Carrie Symonds "sort of demonstrates" that you're clutching at straws to spin this in favour of your point of view.

Last edited by superflyweight on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:53 pm

Would Symonds be the first abused woman to deny being abused and play along with the man's narrative?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Jun 2019, 1:58 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
No, it does not.

Sorry mate, but it absolutely does. If there is a chance that the next PM is a domestic abuser, it's in the public interest. Madness to claim otherwise.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:

I'm guessing that for some people the effects are nauseating because it's clearly stage-managed and is being put out as an alterative to an actual response.    

Your attempts to twist it into some sort of vilification of Carrie Symonds "sort of demonstrates" that you're clutching at straws to spin this in favour of your point of view.
Bit in bold. How do you know it is stage managed? You are showcasing what I said - ignoring Ms Carrie Symonds and asserting that there is a cover-up.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Would Symonds be the first abused woman to deny being abused and play along with the man's narrative?
Ditto.  Inferring that Symonds is a victim of abuse and that anything she might say to deny it is just a cover up.

That is why nothing Ms Symonds or Boris Johnson can say will assuage the bloodlust of the anti-boris brigade.  Ms Symonds no longer matters, Boris Johnson no longer matters.  The only thing that matters is the anti-Boris  narrative which must be preserved at all costs including ignoring and demonising Ms Symonds. QED. Case proven milords.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Would Symonds be the first abused woman to deny being abused and play along with the man's narrative?

So only believe the woman when she's facilitating condemnation of the man?

Yeah. That's handy. Could be quite useful as a concept in the right hands.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:

Yeah.  That's handy.  Could be quite useful as a concept in the right hands.  

A simple yes or no would suffice, although given that in 29877 posts, you've yet to answer a question...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:09 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
Ditto.  Inferring that Symonds is a victim of abuse and that anything she might say to deny it is just a cover up.

That is why nothing Ms Symonds or Boris Johnson can say will assuage the bloodlust of the anti-boris brigade.  Ms Symonds no longer matters, Boris Johnson no longer matters.  The only thing that matters is the anti-Boris  narrative which must be preserved at all costs including ignoring and demonising Ms Symonds.  QED.  Case proven milords.

Or that nothing that she could say would disprove the fact she screamed "get off me" during a domestic disturbance. It's damage control.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:14 pm

No name Bertie wrote:

Remember Ms Symonds is the victim here - at least as so many are claiming - a potential victim of the murder at the hands of the Prime-Minister in waiting.

Laugh God, I wait for moments like that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:21 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:

Bit in bold.  How do you know it is stage managed?  You are showcasing what I said - ignoring Ms Carrie Symonds and asserting that there is a cover-up.

Cognitive thought.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

A simple yes or no would suffice, although given that in 29877 posts, you've yet to answer a question...

Simple yes or no are for lifeless things like machines and Michael Gove.  But you know that already as you take a good few post before committing yourself to either yes or no.  And even then it's mostly 'I don't know.  Whadya think yourself?'

Ms Symonds wouldn't be the first woman to deny being abused to play along with the man's narrative.  Yes.

Again, so she might be lying is the obvious inference.

But then I don't recall seeing quotes of her denying anything,  so she can hardly be accused of lying about it.  What she does seem to be strongly suggesting is that her life with Boris is their business.   She also said it's a 'stitch up'.  Now that's her declaration.  So Boris bashers in continual denial by ignoring the implication of her own very words?  

So only listen to the woman when she's facilitating condemnation of the man?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:52 pm

Maybe people are all being corralled into taking sides in what appears to be a dichotomous situation when in fact there may be three parts to this conundrum. The hidden 3rd part of a trichotomy might be obscured by all this media frenzy and finger pointing. Just look at us on here!

Perhaps the third part is being overlooked if we delve deeper into recent events.

How do we not know that when Donald Trump was recently in the UK he may have said to Boris something along the lines of: "How about do what I do... bad publicity is still publicity. Drop some bait. The more shocking the better. The more they repeat your name (whether with good or bad connotations... it doesn't matter) you will surely drown out all of your competitors. People will just have "Boris" on their minds and in their heads.
You should try it. Worked for me!"

Of course this would involve a decent level of collaboration between both Boris and Ms Symonds and Trump. This indeed could have all been planned. The creepy use of 'victims of abuse' and winding up of the special interest groups to create a storm of reaction... surely not?

Then when he does becomes PM - he joins his pal across the Atlantic with another coalition of force against Iran... with some specially concocted evidence to do so. I don't know... makes me ill thinking of it. Sounds far-fetched but I wouldn't put it past any of them when it comes to turning twisted behaviour into a 'positive' steps towards a desired political goal.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 3:11 pm

Now there's real thinking.

Boris could be a victim here.  Boris could be laughing at how well the show is going.  Boris could be setting up Hunt to say too much and Boom introduce a clinger to Hunt himself.  

Politics is a spin and backstabbing business. Business as usual.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2019, 3:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Simple yes or no are for lifeless things like machines and Michael Gove.  But you know that already as you take a good few post before committing yourself to either yes or no.  And even then it's mostly 'I don't know.  Whadya think yourself?'

Ms Symonds wouldn't be the first woman to deny being abused to play along with the man's narrative.  Yes.

Again, so she might be lying is the obvious inference.

But then I don't recall seeing quotes of her denying anything,  so she can hardly be accused of lying about it.  What she does seem to be strongly suggesting is that her life with Boris is their business.   She also said it's a 'stitch up'.  Now that's her declaration.  So Boris bashers in continual denial by ignoring the implication of her own very words?  

So only listen to the woman when she's facilitating condemnation of the man?

Yes. Or no.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 3:18 pm

superflyweight wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Nice try at suppressing the truth, lads.  The concerned neighbours forgot to say they were Left wing EU supporters when they rang the newspapers?  Well, when you're genuinely 'concerned', you can forget these little details of course.

Meanwhile, the woman with Boris feels like she's a victim, feels wronged, feels played... 'stitch up', she says.  
So all the feminists groups will be out in force now to support her?

Are you suggesting that, given they were hearing a banging, shouting and a woman saying "get off me", that they shouldn't have called the police and instead just let it happen?

Were they supposed to declare their political leanings while they reported their concerns to the police?

What a bizarre post.
Whatever the outcome of the call to the police, nothing justifies selling the recording to the newspapers. Nothing. It is nothing to do with the public and it's not remotely 'in the public interest'. And I loathe Johnson. Why would it even cross your mind to record it?? Unless, of course, you know who your neighbour is in this case...

The Guardian famously never pays for stories, so they didn't sell it.
That makes it alright then?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Jun 2019, 3:20 pm

You missed the Yes.  Keep up, Julius.

It's spelled Y - E - S.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2019, 3:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Navy has a point....If the next PM likes abusing Women.....Why should anyone want to know ??

I mean if you are a Women's rights and gender equality advocate....I shouldn't think it will affect your vote or anything..
picard Laugh It's scary this extrapolation, isn't it? Your evidence of what you state above? No, a dodgy recording isn't it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next