The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October

+7
Anglobraveheart
IanBru
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
Hazel Sapling
jimbopip
BigGee
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October - Page 2 Empty Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October

Post by BigGee Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Munster v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 27th October
Thormond Park
Limerick

ko 17.15

Live on Premier Sports

Two teams on good form, judging by the European games over the last two weeks, but that probably counts for very little in predicting this game, as both teams will be without the bulk of their international players, who will be prepping for the Autumn International series.

I actually enjoy these games, partially due to their unpredictability and also because I like to see the next generation of up and coming players get their opportunities to prove that they belong at this level.

Having said that, both sides have pretty deep squads and will be able to put out a decent team, with plenty of international players still available and others who are on the fringes.

Thormond Park is rarely a happy hunting ground for any team, whichever Munster team is playing, as home victories are seen as a basic requirement. Glasgow along with most other teams have always struggled there. However what bragging rights there are this season, belong to the Scots, who won the home leg quite convincingly and are sitting on top of their conference, not that it will count for a great deal on Saturday afternoon.

History suggests a Munster win and it will need a big performance from Glasgow to upset that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October

Post by BigGee Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 pm

Brendan wrote:Surely DR should be fuming that they were 14 up with 15 mins to go and conceded 15 unanswered points.

Glasgow have added a bit of bite to themselves this season. Much shared to boss about.

Munster luck but as long as they get wins it's ok. If it had finished 24-10 Munster would have been level with Zebre. Hard to judge Van G but not sold on him

I think with the team we took over there, to come away with anything from the game was a result but to play the way we did and get 2 points was beyond expectations. The margins were very very tight at the end of the day and that last call could have gone either way.

Coaches are realistic, we are not going to win every game and sometimes, going forward the performance is as valuable as the result.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Glasgow Saturday 27th October

Post by bsando Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 am

Was just watching the first half replay this morning before work (missed it on Sat) and the "forward pass" from Gibbins to P Horne before halftime which was a guaranteed try looks absolutely fine from what I can see. Camera angles can be deceptive but considering Horne was behind Gibbins at the time of the pass I think it was the wrong call there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 pm

bsando wrote:Was just watching the first half replay this morning before work (missed it on Sat) and the "forward pass" from Gibbins to P Horne before halftime which was a guaranteed try looks absolutely fine from what I can see. Camera angles can be deceptive but considering Horne was behind Gibbins at the time of the pass I think it was the wrong call there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

No point crying over spilt milk, but by the way forward passing is adjudicated these days, that was incredibly unlucky. Maybe the Thormond Park crowd had something to do with it, it was definitely a home town call!

The Stander clearout at the last ruck where they won the penalty was both early and high and beyond the ruck, but they got away with that one as well. Still they had nothing to lose at that stage, so why not give it a go, it proves nothing else to what we already know, that Munster remain a streetwise team!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2