The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who needs Friends anyway?

+3
Adam D
President Trump
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
7 posters

Go down

Who needs Friends anyway? Empty Who needs Friends anyway?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 27 Jan - 21:13

So next month, E4’s 332-year marathon of Friends re-runs finally come to an end. And despite E4’s shovelling of the show down our throat on a daily basis, I’m going to miss the fallback of one of the best TV shows ever made, readily available when all other TV fails to gain my attention. The consistency of Friends over 10 series is a phenomenal achievement – and the show deserves to be near the top of any Top 10 of TV comedy.

Be that as it may, E4 has taken the decision to remove it, leaving a massive gap in its schedules (coupled with the end of Big Brother!) So what would you like E4 to fill this prime-time gap with? And what do you think they will actually fill it with?

Firstly, I’d like to see different shows every night of the week, in the same spot. So that you know for instance, at 9pm on E4, you are going to get a quality bit of comedy no matter what the day is – but with a variety that isn’t currently offered.

I’d like to see Curb your Enthusiasm get a spot of syndication on E4, as Channel 4 hides it away on More 4 late at night – and Curb your Enthusiasm IS the greatest TV show ever made, so deserves better.

Also, I’d like to see the often over-looked, greatly under-appreciated King of the Hill get a prime time slot. I like how King of the Hill doesn’t use its animation to create havoc that is impossible with real filming. It still reads like a real sitcom, proving that animation doesn’t just need to be used to completely suspend reality – there’s more to it than that, and it still manages to be very funny for it.

Or ideally, some investment in, and exposure of some new British comedy. Channel 4 have got things massively right in the past, taking punts on Ricky Gervais, Bo Selecta, Phoenix Nights, Russell Brand, and most recently The Inbetweeners – so why not put some faith in their ability to find good homegrown talent?

However, I fear E4 will probably churn out endless repetition of the experiment in creating Friends without the likeable characters or the funny jokes that is How I met Your Mother, or the experiment in creating Friends without the likeable characters or the funny jokes that is The Big Bang Theory.

Can E4 now step out of the shadow of its own laziness, and use this opportunity to become the channel it has always had the potential to be?

I’m betting on a Countdown – Hollyoaks Special and a gameshow where 20 virgins with tourettes compete for a date with Jenna Jameson and a signed, lifesize replica of her vagina, hosted by Andy Gray within the year.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Who needs Friends anyway? Empty Re: Who needs Friends anyway?

Post by President Trump Thu 27 Jan - 21:20

I’m betting on a Countdown – Hollyoaks Special and a gameshow where 20 virgins with tourettes compete for a date with Jenna Jameson and a signed, lifesize replica of her vagina, hosted by Andy Gray within the year

I beleive you can buy the said vagina online already :twisted:

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Jan - 21:21

I am a virgin with Tourettes - sign me up!

I would like to see them start showing some other really good american comedies in that time slot - not necessarily new either.

As an obvious replacement, I would start with Joey (which ran for 2 seasons) - nowhere near as bad as the bad rap it gets.

I would rerun Frasier - has dated VERY well unlike things like cheers.

I would consider putting on some of their early morning comedies like King of Queens (which is great) and Everybody loves Raymond.

Fiver have just started showing Malcolm in the Middle from the start - that would have been a great addition for E4.

I would also like for them to start reshowing classic Trek too - something feels just right about a 6pm slot for Trek.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 28 Jan - 2:47

I actually really like Big Bang Theory and would quite happily see re-runs of these series.

Frasier is definitely a good idea, its already on Channel 4 in a morning so no reason they cant use it on E4 aswell

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 27 Dec - 0:45

I made The Moistmaker- THe sandwich a minute ago and it was amazing.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Dec - 1:15

It's on Comedy Central from now on thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec - 7:23

and its already been over done on comedy central!

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 4 Jan - 11:35

Maybe they could give the Friends laughingbox a show of his own? He was great gas altogether.

Script dialogue: "Doh!!!!" - HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!
Script dialogue: "Whateverrrr!" - HAHAHAAAAHAAAAAAAHA_HA!

That guy knows how to improvise

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down