The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over...

2 posters

Go down

Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over... Empty Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over...

Post by LuvSports! Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:28 am

Hi all,

Just starting my freelance gig with The Roar.

I need to write 9 more articles over the next couple of weeks and I will get around £15.60 an article Laugh.
Gotta start the sporting journo career somewhere!

Please give this a read. Thoughts?

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/08/22/andy-murrays-grand-slam-winning-days/

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over... Empty Re: Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over...

Post by No name Bertie Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:21 pm

Well you have to start somewhere - but it looks like you are going to have to work hard for it.

Ps do all your articles have to be on tennis - or can it be in any sport? Ten articles solely on tennis, in such a relatively short period of time - would seem to be fairly challenging. The only way you could do that is by doing daily reports on tournaments such as the US Open qualifiers etc. Which means you will need access to all the television coverage available.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over... Empty Re: Andy Murray's grand slam winning days are over...

Post by No name Bertie Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:35 pm

It seems to be a fair assessment of the situation with extra bonus points for the Craig O'Shannessy quotes. OK

One typo I spotted - one two many "slam"s in ...  "King of Clay ended his slam three-year slam drought"

I have always noticed that Murray, always quick across the court, is very "clunky" in his movement - whereas Federer glides, Djokovic slides and Nadal is smooth in their movements - Murray clunks his way across court.  I suppose that is the reason his hips have taken such a pounding over the course of his career.  Of course maybe I exaggerate when I describe Murray's movement as clunky - but it is very noticeable compared to ‘Fedalovic’ and even many other players.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:45 am

No name Bertie wrote:Well you have to start somewhere - but it looks like you are going to have to work hard for it.

Ps do all your articles have to be on tennis - or can it be in any sport?  Ten articles solely on tennis, in such a relatively short period of time - would seem to be fairly challenging.   The only way you could do that is by doing daily reports on tournaments such as the US Open qualifiers etc.  Which means you will need access to all the television coverage available.

It is but I am up for the challenge!
I have a fair amount of ideas circling around in this dense dome of mine Very Happy

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:49 am

Yes I do not think he is as natural an athlete as they are but he is still an unbelievably good one at that. I don't think he would have won slams though if he had not gone down this route.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down