The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 18 Aug 2018, 4:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a 15 Man Squad for the specsavers county championship game against Lancashire.
Following England duty, Sam Curran returns to the Surrey squad to face Lancashire as County Championship cricket returns to the Kia Oval.  Very Happy
Sam Curran, who has recently enjoyed a successful spell with the England Test side, rejoins the squad alongside brother Tom Curran who missed red ball cricket at the start of the year due to his involvement in the IPL.
Aaron Finch, who was in unstoppable form in the Vitality Blast this summer, will play his last game for the club  Sad
All-rounder Scott Borthwick sustained a wrist injury in training earlier this week for which he has since undergone a successful operation. Unfortunately, his injury rules him out for the rest of the season, and therefore he is not included in the Surrey squad.  Sad  Sad  Sad
Sadly Jason Roy will miss this game at least thanks to his own stupidity  Rolling Eyes
FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (c)
Gareth Batty
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Jade Dernbach
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Will Jacks
Stuart Meaker
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
Maybe Batty, Jacks, Harinath  and Meaker to miss out
Hard to call as it would mean baby face  Clarke and TC at 6,7,8 in the order would that make the tail too long?
Do we have Jacks at 6 and leave TC out decisions decisions
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 22 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Someone watching on the stream, is there any reason why they haven’t taken the new ball? I’m absolutely perplexed here at the ground!
no idea Headscratch

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2018, 3:33 pm

That was absolutely shocking captaincy from Burns since that 8th wicket fell im afraid

You seriously telling me Morkel having bowled five overs couldn’t bowl another one or two more?

Why have we spread the field and only one slip to the bloody number 10?

Why haven’t we taken the new ball when nothing is happening with the old one?

Deserve to lose this game purely based on that passage of play. Awful captaincy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 22 Aug 2018, 3:45 pm

is sam injured?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2018, 4:04 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:is sam injured?

He’s on the field, but did go off yesterday after taking a blow to the hand.

I would say we will hopefully find out post match but Churchy will be too busy weaving a web of words about nothing rather than asking a useful question...(I love Churchy but my god man ask a question worth answering!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2018, 4:18 pm

Oh look we’ve taken the new ball, bowled Morkel and he’s got a wicket - not rocket science is it!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm

MORNE!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 22 Aug 2018, 4:33 pm

WHAT A WIN Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
CORPORAL OPEN THAT BAR Ale mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 22 Aug 2018, 5:00 pm

Apologies Jimbob - a few minutes late. The bar is fullly open. Whisky Whisky Whisky guinness guinness guinness Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

Morkel clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Cracking catch by Jacks at the end. clap clap clap

Well, I had long since give that one as lost. That was certainly a match that for long stretches we were somewhat behind or at best level. Full of all sorts of strange twists and turns - who would have thought that batting of Dernbach would play such a vital role in both Surrey innings. Erm Erm

An absolutely vital win considering the impressive win by Somerset today. Notts crushed in this round of matches so it's even more clear now that the title race is between Surrey and Somerset.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm

Important win and what a grab by Jacks at the end.

Definitely down to a two horse race for the title now.  As a pessimist I still await the announcement of the Test side to see how many players we'll be missing for the next three games but at least I think they'll all be back for the game at Taunton.

Totally agree with Olly about dear old Churchy never asking the pertinent questions. On each evening of this match the important question was about whether Dernbach would be able to bowl - never asked of course. Good commentator though.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:50 pm

Wow...what a result...just reflecting back to Sunday when Surrey were  150 or so for 8...little did we know what drama lay ahead and that Surrey would sneak home...I actually feel sorry for Lancs in the sense that they definitely rose to the occasion and were just ahead for most of the match until the very end...still I guess the mark of ‘potential’ champions is when the going gets tough they get going...wonderful performance by Morket, both bat and ball..clearly injuries and test calls have done us no favours..andmay be a major issue for the next few games...especially if Burns gets called up...but that is for another day. In the meantime, Corporal, make mine a double and I will enjoy watching that stunning catch by Jacks, over and over again! Bubbly

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:54 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:game lost need Essex to do us a favour now Fingers Crossed

It’s ok Jimbob, we don’t need Essex to do us a favour!! Very Happy Cool Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 22 Aug 2018, 7:09 pm

Looking at the Div 1 table there's really only one team, Notts, that is neither challenging for the title nor, alternatively, at serious risk of relegation. Should make for some good matches over the next few rounds. Even Notts could get drawn into the relegation battle if they have a couple of matches with minimal points.

Reflecting on our batting in this match, the second string of Harinath and Patel didn't contribute significant runs, although the latter can occupy the crease for a fair time. I think we are now without Finch, but maybe with Elgar returning? I haven't seen when Roy is expected to be back after his *mishap*. I guess on the bowling front we have Tom Curran hopefully raring to go, with Meaker as an option. If Somerset prepare a spinners paradise for the potentially crucial match against Surrey we could yet see Batty in the cc.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:36 pm

chichestersurreyfan wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:game lost need Essex to do us a favour now Fingers Crossed

It’s ok Jimbob, we don’t need Essex to do us a favour!! Very Happy Cool Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:37 pm

Elgar is available for the last 5 games Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:19 pm

Tom Curran was doing some bowling on the outfield throughout the game at lunch - and I think McKerr was too. So he is fit, and you would presume comes in for Dernbach.

If Burns goes, then Elgar comes in for him - if not, Elgar comes in for Harinath imo. Roy for Finch the other change (presume he is ok)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2