The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

+3
Good Golly I'm Olly
Voice of the Beehive
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Aaron Finch has returned to Surrey’s 15-strong squad for their final Kia Oval Vitality Blast clash of the campaign – against Hampshire on Wednesday.
Rocky drops out of the squad from the Gloucestershire game. Rolling Eyes
FULL SQUAD:
Jade Dernbach (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Nic Maddinson
Morne Morkel
Mat Pillans
Jason Roy
Jamie Smith
Freddie van den Bergh
So the big question is has TC been allowed off the naughty step Laugh if so
Borthwick. pillans. Burger van and Smith to miss out
The first three I never want to see play a T20 game for us ever again.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:26 pm

I think logic would suggest your team selection would be correct although logic doesn't always appear to have been applied in Surrey's team selections in the Blast this year.

Do we know for certain why naughty Tom disappeared from the team last game ? There could have been a few reasons, including his form, but surely if available he must play in the hope he finds his rhythm again.

Although none of them are suited to bowling in T20 I think I would have brought in one of Meaker, Dunn or McKerr instead of Pillans for this one and taken a chance. They could hardly do worse.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Unfortunately I think the burger van has caused food poisoning, and may be out of favour for some time.

Does anyone know if Finch will be playing the CC game against Lancs?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Unfortunately I think the burger van has caused food poisoning, and may be out of favour for some time.

Does anyone know if Finch will be playing the CC game against Lancs?

Great comment re Burger Van, Olly! clap Sad but true.

I don't know about Finch but my guess is that he will play against Lancs. Elgar doesn't rejoin until the following match so there's a vacancy. I strongly suspect that conversations with and about Finchy are currently going on.

Agree with JimBob and Beehive about the likely team tonight and lack of logic in previous selections. I'll be very surprised if we now qualify for the knock-out stage. It's always desperate when you not only need to win two on the bounce having lost the last two but also need other results to go your way! We've been far too much of a one man team - with Finchy motoring we've looked like competition winners but you can't rely on just him and too many of the others have been ordinary or worse.

Away for a fortnight from tomorrow. Enjoy the Lancs game, Olly. OK

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Burger van starts picard
Yet again the tail is too long furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Cheers Guildford looking forward to it - thanks again for the tickets Ok!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Burger van starts picard
Yet again the tail is too long furious

Our tail starts at 3 so i reckon you'll be alright

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 pm

So Freddie won't bowl at all great selection

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Finch dropped on 18

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Maddinson dropped on 31

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 pm

What a dreadful wkt to play T20 on
Never seen finch struggle so much and he scored 67
No batsman would enjoy that pitch

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 pm

In my opinion Aaron Finch is good at T20
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Sadly I think the win might not be enough as we're still reliant on Sussex slipping up and one of their matches is against the hapless Middlesex.

I'm not sure we really deserve to go through as we've been so reliant on our overseas players especially Finch of course. Despite the fact that we've recruited Plunkett there are still a lot of holes in our line up especially if we continue to lose the double act Sam and Ollie, who incidentally should have been made available for tonight's game in my opinion. One of them is going to be dropped by England anyway to reward Stokes.

Also when Batty retires, which could even be at the end of this season, who are our white ball spin options ?

Thankfully, as we all know the Championship side looks much stronger so I'm looking forward to four day cricket starting up again.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am

I had a look at the table and I think the equation is we need to beat Glamorgan and Sussex need to lose one of their last two games. Is that right?

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:55 pm

That's how I see it too James. Sussex are at Gloucestershire tonight. I think that's our best chance of the door opening because their last game is Middlesex at Hove and I can't see them slipping up there.

It will be tough against Glamorgan though, despite their last performance.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Agree comments above that we'll be lucky to go through and probably don't really deserve to do so, not least on account of being massively dependent on one overseas player. But it was really that awful batting paralysis against Gloucs that did for us.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down