The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

3 posters

Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE  VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Mark Stoneman has returned to Surrey’s 15-man Vitality Blast squad for Thursday’s clash with Sussex Sharks at the Kia Oval.
18-year-old wicket keeper Jamie Smith, who made his first team debut in the opening match of the campaign before signing professional terms, is also part of the squad again.
Aaron Finch is missing from the squad due to a family bereavement  Sad  and has returned to Australia. It is hoped he will next be available to face Hampshire on Wednesday 15th August. Fingers Crossed
FULL SQUAD:
Jade Dernbach (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Nic Maddinson
Morne Morkel
Mat Pillans
Jason Roy
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Freddie van den Bergh

Massive blow to lose finch but what can you do about that  Sad
Burns would have come in for Pope regardless so will go for Rocky in for finch
Borthwick, Pillans ,Smith and Burger van to share drink duties.
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE  VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Aug 2018, 5:41 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Yep, massive blow to lose Finchy.

I'm not convinced that Rocky will play. If he does, I think it would be as an opener rather than down the order. However, I would have Burns or Jacks to partner Roy up top.

Possibly Badger could get back in around number 8 rather than Rocky although that does nothing to excite me.

Agree with you about the other three to miss out.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE  VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS SUSSEX SHARKS/SOMERSET/GLOUCERSTERSHIRE VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 6:30 pm

Pitch inspection at 7 pm. You there, JimBob? What do you reckon?

Even if we play, I'm not confident with Finchy missing. We do need more than 1 point for an abandoned game though - got to start catching up on those above us.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 7:33 pm

15 overs each Guildford burns in as expected
Pillans also starts which makes our tail even longer Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 7:35 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl :

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 7:50 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

I'm not too unhappy with Pillans playing. If needed, he can probably biff harder than Badger or Smith. He's also a genuine extra option with the ball - it's probably harder to try and get Jacks to sneak in a quick over unnoticed when it's only 15 overs per side.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 8:20 pm

Looking like we need that extra batsman with this bowling performance

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 8:42 pm

Rain saves the day

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 8:45 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Looking like we need that extra batsman with this bowling performance

Watched some on the stream. Guess it must be difficult to grip the ball but the bowling has still seemed poor - too much too wide or too short. Dreadful first over from TC.

Seemed a bad miss by Batty early on when he should have taken Wright off Morkel's bowling. The stream didn't show the actual drop but the way the ball was lobbed up and the batsman's immediate reaction suggested it should have been taken comfortably.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 8:53 pm

Off now for rain.

Given Sussex were only 2 down off 13 overs with plenty on the board, we'll be set something like 2,000 if we have 5 overs to get a Ducky-Lewis score!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:04 pm

TC isn't justifying his place in this team
Been awful for too long now this year

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:11 pm

1 point each

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:16 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:TC isn't justifying his place in this team

According to the Wallpaper (Supporters) website, TC's last 3 overs have gone for 60.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:19 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:1 point each

I wanted a win before the start but have to say that 1 point is a bonus given the score when it was stopped and that we were without Finch.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Aug 2018, 11:59 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:TC isn't justifying his place in this team

According to the Wallpaper (Supporters) website, TC's last 3 overs have gone for 60.
picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 10:19 am

Same squad for somerset

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:07 pm

Burger van in for pillans the only change

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm

Somerset win toss and bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:34 pm

Burns run out off the first ball picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:48 pm

Cheers, JimBob. Didn't realise this had an early start. Guess they can't finish late as they don't have electricity in Cider country! Wink

Pleased the Burger Van gets a game. He deserves it after all his drinks carrying. Probably sensible as well given that Somerset tracks are usually spin friendly.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:50 pm

JimBob - is there a stream or is just a Churchy radio job? Cheers.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Aug 2018, 5:28 pm

130/6 in the 15th. Good run rate thanks to Jacks and Clarke who got us back in the game. However, they've both gone and we've probably lost a couple of wickets too many to give it a proper biff now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 5:59 pm

guildfordbat wrote:JimBob - is there a stream or is just a Churchy radio job? Cheers.
there is a stream OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 6:01 pm

176 for 9 off 20 well short imo As we said before the tail is too long

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 7:48 pm

think we cam kiss this competition goodbye
If you can check out the tweet from TC he is not happy warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 7:59 pm

TC has now deleted it

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Aug 2018, 8:48 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:TC has now deleted it

What was the general message, JimBob?

My own take is that with Finch in full flow, we look world beaters in this competition. However, without him, we look very ordinary.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Aug 2018, 9:24 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

My own take is that with Finch in full flow, we look world beaters in this competition. However, without him, we look very ordinary.
Comfortably the worst crowd I’ve ever experienced today. A complete embarrassment to Somerset CCC and all their players (who played a great game and are very good men). A bunch of peasants setting a terrible example for the many young kids I saw in the crowd today. Such a shame!

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 11 Aug 2018, 1:54 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Comfortably the worst crowd I’ve ever experienced today. A complete embarrassment to Somerset CCC and all their players (who played a great game and are very good men). A bunch of peasants setting a terrible example for the many young kids I saw in the crowd today. Such a shame!

Cheers, JimBob.

I can sympathise with TC's feelings but don't think that tweeting them was the cleverest thing he's ever done.

Probably got to win all 3 remaining games to qualify for next stage.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 11 Aug 2018, 2:48 pm

same squad for Gloucestershire

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 12 Aug 2018, 6:03 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:same squad for Glamorgan

JimBob - you do a cracking job for us here but you're not so hot on your Gloucs and Glams! thumbsup

Anyway, to save you the trouble of saying it - defeat snatched from the jaws of victory today.

That must be it for us in this year's t20.

The Championship is the one I really care about but that's no excuse for Surrey having been so poor in white ball cricket this summer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 12 Aug 2018, 8:47 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:same squad for Glamorgan

JimBob - you do a cracking job for us here but you're not so hot on your Gloucs and Glams! thumbsup

Anyway, to save you the trouble of saying it - defeat snatched from the jaws of victory today.

That must be it for us in this year's t20.

The Championship is the one I really care about but that's no excuse for Surrey having been so poor in white ball cricket this summer.
I'm blaming sunstroke Guildford Laugh
As for the team selection today that was beyond a joke 5 tail enders picard
A extra batsman was needed more than ever with TC not playing then we would have won easily mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Aug 2018, 8:49 pm

Nonsense team selection agreed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 12 Aug 2018, 9:30 pm

I wonder if TC not playing today was due to his ''Somerset peasants'' tweet. Never mind Somerset, that won't have gone down well with Surrey's management either.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down