The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST  Empty SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 19 Jul 2018, 5:03 pm

Surrey have named a squad of 15, including returning Lions players Rory Burns, Ollie Pope & Sam Curran, for Friday’s Vitality Blast trip to face Kent Spitfires at Canterbury.
Jason Roy misses out through a finger injury  Sad and Tom Curran is still not quite match fit yet.
There is no place in the squad for Stuart Meaker.
FULL SQUAD:
Jade Dernbach (c)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Nic Maddinson
Morne Morkel
Mat Pillans
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Freddie van den Bergh
Same four to miss out from the game against sussex even though I would rather have Jacks instead of Borthwick.
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST  Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Thu 19 Jul 2018, 6:19 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Agree with you about the likely team. I also go along with you about preferring Jacks to Borthwick. For me, it's a no contest - Jacks hits the ball further and is less likely to be a disaster as the sixth bowler.

Win this one and we'll be back in the running with 3 wins out of 5. However, we often struggle against Kent in the white ball game. It would be good if Mad Dog can bite.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST  Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 20 Jul 2018, 6:32 pm

As predicted Surrey unchanged

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 20 Jul 2018, 6:40 pm

Surrey win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 20 Jul 2018, 8:37 pm

250 for 6 WOW

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 20 Jul 2018, 8:42 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:250 for 6 WOW

And it starts to rain!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 20 Jul 2018, 9:10 pm

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 20 Jul 2018, 9:28 pm

call the police there's been a mugging mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 20 Jul 2018, 9:42 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:call the police there's been a mugging mad  

Smile clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 20 Jul 2018, 9:55 pm

First time it’s rained in months!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 20 Jul 2018, 10:22 pm

That's very unfortunate! Rolling Eyes Surrey certainly posted a fairly competitive total! Shocked Impressive innings by Rory Burns among others, showing he has become a very realistic choice for T20 rather than someone who could be called upon if there were lots injuries or other absences.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Fri 20 Jul 2018, 11:31 pm

Well that's disappointing

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 21 Jul 2018, 9:05 am

Looking on the positive side.

As JimBob said, we got mugged. Kent supporters will be happier and relieved in knowing they got out of jail. However, we shouldn't overlook that we achieved a fantastic total with some very good and consistent batting. Whilst Finch headlined again, we were not totally dependent upon him. All seven batsmen reached double figures with scoring rates between 160 and 266.

IF we can continue to produce those sort of displays, we must be in with a very decent chance of winning this tournament. However, our losses in the first 2 games and last night's rain mean we can't afford further slip ups.

Our bowlers will also need to be on the money. I assume Borthwick will be benched when Roy is fit and available. I've no problem with that (Badger seems to be a number 8 batsman who can't reach the rope and an emergency bowler we don't want to see with the ball). It does mean though - and unusually for Surrey - that we'll be playing with only 5 bowlers and so all will have to be on form. I'm assuming here that when Tom Curran is also fit and available he'll come in for a bowler, probably an unlucky Pillans.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down