The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets vs La Rochelle

+10
Steffan
VinceWLB
eirebilly
The Great Aukster
Artful_Dodger
21st Century Schizoid Man
Kingshu
formerly known as Sam
Pot Hale
BigTrevsbigmac
14 posters

Go down

Scarlets vs La Rochelle Empty Scarlets vs La Rochelle

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 30 Mar 2018, 5:32 pm

Match thread.

I will be routing for the Scarlets, good luck.

Scarlets: Halfpenny; Asquith, S Williams, Parkes, S Evans; Patchell, G Davies; R Evans, Owens (capt), Lee, Beirne, Bulbring, Shingler, J Davies, Barclay.

Replacements: Elias, D Evans, Kruger, Rawlins, Boyde, J Macleod, A Davies, D Jones.

La Rochelle: Bouldoire; Rattez, Retiere, Aguillon, Barry; Sinzelle, Bales; Priso, Bourgarit, Atonio, Sazy, Tanguy, Botia, Kieft, Afa Amosa

Replacements: Forbes, Tufele, Boughanmi, Lamboley, Gourdon, Kerr-Barlow, Noble, Boudehent.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Scarlets vs La Rochelle Empty Re: Scarlets vs La Rochelle

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Mar 2018, 6:20 pm

In a twist of fate James Davies finds himself on the wing for the injured Paul Asquith.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 30 Mar 2018, 6:31 pm

12-10 to Scarlets at halftime. All pens for Llanelli. Keep it up boys.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:15 pm

Scarlets always seem in control in the crucial moments of the game. They’re picking up some injuries though, I think we could we how thin their squad is now that they’re fighting in two competitions.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:20 pm

Poor quality game La Rochelle giving away dull penalties all game. It didn’t look like a quarter final between 2 top 8 euro sides

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:24 pm

Luke Pearce has had a shocking game and killed this game as a spectacle by refusing to give anything against Scarlets for their cynical killing of the maul in their try line. Penalty try and yellow card all day and he bottled it. Scarlets have had every 50/50.

La Rochelle tiring and Scarlets rampant now.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:27 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Luke Pearce has had a shocking game and killed this game as a spectacle by refusing to give anything against Scarlets for their cynical killing of the maul in their try line. Penalty try and yellow card all day and he bottled it. Scarlets have had every 50/50.

Scarlets certainly rode their luck with the ref and probably should have had a yellow card sooner. But every team needs a bit of luck. They’ve had theirs today.

Well done Scarlets for reaching the semis for the first time in the ERC Cup.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:36 pm

Congrats Scarlets, wouldn't bother me one little bit to see a Welsh team lift the trophy for the first time.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:46 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Congrats Scarlets, wouldn't bother me one little bit to see a Welsh team lift the trophy for the first time.  

I'd just like to see a team playing positive rugby win irrelevant of nationality. Hopefully Scarlets will keep that running game and go all the way. They are certainly a good watch.

Ken Owens was a deserved man of the match, massive shift from him.

Pot, every side needs some luck but that was terrible reffing. How you can give two final warnings within five minutes of each other... embarrassing as an Englishman to see such a poor performance from our officials when both teams were trying to open up and play.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Mar 2018, 8:25 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Luke Pearce has had a shocking game and killed this game as a spectacle by refusing to give anything against Scarlets for their cynical killing of the maul in their try line. Penalty try and yellow card all day and he bottled it. Scarlets have had every 50/50.

Scarlets certainly rode their luck with the ref and probably should have had a yellow card sooner. But every team needs a bit of luck.  They’ve had theirs today.

Well done Scarlets for reaching the semis for the first time in the ERC Cup.

Oh ignore them it's just the usual BS from the English every time a non-English team does something remotely good. You seen plenty of it the moment they finished 5th in the 6N.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 30 Mar 2018, 8:39 pm

The standard of reffing is shocking etc etc.
Think everyone gives out about standard of reffing in every league in the world.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Mar 2018, 9:12 pm

Well played Scarlets. clap Ref was a shocking, disgraceful homer mind ! Where on earth did they dredge him up from? TF he does not yet do the Pro 14.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 30 Mar 2018, 9:34 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:Congrats Scarlets, wouldn't bother me one little bit to see a Welsh team lift the trophy for the first time.  

I'd just like to see a team playing positive rugby win irrelevant of nationality. Hopefully Scarlets will keep that running game and go all the way. They are certainly a good watch.

Ken Owens was a deserved man of the match, massive shift from him.

Pot, every side needs some luck but that was terrible reffing. How you can give two final warnings within five minutes of each other... embarrassing as an Englishman to see such a poor performance from our officials when both teams were trying to open up and play.

I see what you are saying, but I think it would be great for European rugby for a team outside of Ireland, England and France lift the trophy. Also, they play great rugby.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 31 Mar 2018, 8:03 am

Congratulations to Scarlets.

Agree AD, in the 22 years it has been running, it has only been won by 11 teams - 5 English. 3 French and 3 Irish. The term 'European' implies that nationality is an intrinsic part of the competition and therefore it would be good to see another nation represented on the winners board.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Mar 2018, 8:29 am

I remember getting slated by a few on here for saying that La Rochelle were not as good as many had made them out to be and that I felt they would go out in the knock out phase of the competition.

Great result from the Scarlets who will certainly push either Leinster or Saracens, more than likely Leinster though and their experience in beating them in a semi final away from home will still be with them.

Absolutely fantastic for the Scarlets and their fans clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 31 Mar 2018, 9:42 am

I thought this was a poor game, Scarlets won it but that wasn't a convincing performance and this wont cut it in the next round.

Beirne was, as always, phenomenal and had a huge impact on the game, think there is some credence to the statement he may well be the best forward in Europe right now.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 31 Mar 2018, 10:29 am

Gutted with the result but a good performance from Llanelli to be fair

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 31 Mar 2018, 11:13 am

Congratulations to the Scarlets clap Great scenes around the ground all through, brilliant to see.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 01 Apr 2018, 7:07 pm

stub wrote:Congratulations to the Scarlets clap Great scenes around the ground all through, brilliant  to see.
Including the raciamalist ones?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 01 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
stub wrote:Congratulations to the Scarlets clap Great scenes around the ground all through, brilliant  to see.

I heard about that today. All I can say is there was nothing like that by us. Although Martyn Madden was sat a few rows in front of us. It’s a real shame whoever it was didn’t do it in front deal of likes of Madden and get their comeuppance.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 03 Apr 2018, 2:58 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/43614179

If true then I hope they get to the bottom of it and ban those people from the ground for life. It's unacceptable in our sport and in all walks of society. I would love to say I'm surprised but I'm not in the slightest having had a run-in or two with some 'fans' from down that way - thankfully they are a minority and do not represent the majority of the rugby-mad community in West Wales.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 03 Apr 2018, 8:52 pm

On the fans site, it seems like there were a group of drunk lads (the big occasion type), being dicks, just general boisterousness. But then one made a monkey noise, and was told by everyone around to wind his neck in and he did.

Doesn’t make it right, and the fool needs to be dealt with accordingly. The same as the three or four tools that ran on the pitch at full time too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Wed 04 Apr 2018, 11:57 am

Stone Motif wrote:

No, not including the racist idiot.

Only just heard about this - a shame but all areas have the odd one or two. He should be properly dealt with and his actions not allowed to take the shine off a great day for the Scarlets.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down