The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avivia Premiership - EQP Status

+3
geoff999rugby
Welly
LondonTiger
7 posters

Go down

Avivia Premiership - EQP Status Empty Avivia Premiership - EQP Status

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:11 am

Ok, following on from discussions on another post.

Some questions:

1) What is your clubs strongest 23 - how many EQPs in it (note this will ignore injuries)
2) What team is being selected this season in teh Premiership (I am using statbunker to provide me with teh starts players make)
3) What is recruitment looking like for next season re EQP status
4) Are you comfortable with your sides efforts?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Avivia Premiership - EQP Status Empty Re: Avivia Premiership - EQP Status

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:23 am

1) Genge, Youngs, Cole, Kitchener, Barrow, Williams, O'Connor, Kalamafoni, Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Malouf, Veainu; TPN, Bateman, Mulipola, Fitzgerald, Hamilton, Harrison, Tait, Thompstone (11 EQP starting, 4 on bench so under the 16 minimum)

2) Bateman, Youngs, Cole, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Williams, O.Connor, Kalamafoni, Youngs, Ford, Malouf, Toomua, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Veainu, Thacker, Genge, Mulipola, Wells, Harrison, Tait, May (Very similar, especially when TPN overtakes Thacker in appearances)

3) AFAIK all recruits announced so far are EQP (Spencer, Thompson), but also losing EQPs in Thacker and McGuigan (and maybe Barrow)

4) I think we can do more. Still too much reliance on guys like Hamilton, or SH players who are EQP through parentage.

In the ideal world, based on what is currently happening with ins and outs) the following would start the season for us next year:

Genge, Youngs, Cole, Kitch, Spencer, O'Connor, Evans, Thompson**, Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Veainu

This would be a team which is mostly EQP (13) with a sprinkling of SH class. I woudl however prefer a stronger 6 and 8.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:24 pm

1 and 2 you've covered, maybe with TPN and Youngs reversed.

3) David Denton is coming in, but the rumours suggest it'll be to replace Hamilton so it shouldn't change much there.

4) Probably not going to be popular, but I really don't care about developing players for the national side. In terms of rugby priorities Leicester are so far ahead of England for me that I wouldn't mind a team with 0 EQP. Not that I'd want a team of mercenaries - I get much more enjoyment from players which develop and grow at Tigers, but that comes just as much from players like Ayerza, Mulipola, Malouf, etc. as if does EQP.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:31 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:1 and 2 you've covered, maybe with TPN and Youngs reversed.

3) David Denton is coming in, but the rumours suggest it'll be to replace Hamilton so it shouldn't change much there.

4) Probably not going to be popular, but I really don't care. In terms of rugby priorities Leicester are so far ahead of England for me that I wouldn't mind a team with 0 EQP. Not that I'd want a team of mercenaries - I get much more enjoyment from players which develop and grow at Tigers, but that comes just as much from players like Ayerza, Mulipola, Malouf, etc. as if does EQP.

I like to feel that I am watching a team largely made up of those we have developed. So yes the guys you mention fit that bill. Not sure how much I would enjoy watching a side built Toulon style - though expecting to win would be nice.

Forgot Denton.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm

Chiefs this season:

Moon, Yeandle, Francis, Hill, Lees, Armand, Simmonds, Waldrom, White, Steenson, Woodburn, Hill, Slade, Whitten, Turner (13 EQP/2 Aussies?)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:52 pm

Aye that's the point I was trying to make, I want to see developed players but I don't care whether they are EQP or plucked from a semi-pro Argentinian side that nobody has heard of. I'd take an entire 40 man squad of Ayerzas without issue.

I certainly wouldn't want Tigers to prioritise one player over another because he happens to be EQP, especially when the national side has shown it's happy to overlook home-grown English players in favour of people with a dubious connection to the country. Thomas Waldrom, for example.

Anyway, just wanted to provide a view from the other side. Not looking to derail your thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:55 pm

Wasps:

McIntyre, Johnson, Cooper-Wooley, Gaskell, Launchbury, Haskell, Young, Thompson, Robson, Cipriani, Bassett, Gopperth, De Jongh, Wade, Le Roux (10/5 split?)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:00 pm

Sarries:

Barrington, George, Figallo, Isiekwe, Kruis, Burger, Clark, Wray, Spencer, Lozowski, Wyles, Barritt, Bosch, Earle, Goode (11/4)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm

Falcons this season:

Vickers, Cooper, Welsh, Green, Witty, Wilson, Welch, Latu, Takulua, Flood, Sinotti, Socino, Harris, Goneva, Hammersley (7/8?)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm

Bath this season:

Obano, Dunn, Perenise, Stooke, Charteris, Garvey, Grant, Mercer, fotuali'i, Priestland, Brew, Tapuai, Joseph, Banahan, Watson (7/8?)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Chiefs this season:

Moon, Yeandle, Francis, Hill, Lees, Armand, Simmonds, Waldrom, White, Steenson, Woodburn, Hill, Slade, Whitten, Turner  (13 EQP/2 Aussies?)

Of those Francis, White, Whitten and Turner are Non-EQP.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:50 pm

Yep Whitten has played for Ireland

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

Welly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Chiefs this season:

Moon, Yeandle, Francis, Hill, Lees, Armand, Simmonds, Waldrom, White, Steenson, Woodburn, Hill, Slade, Whitten, Turner  (13 EQP/2 Aussies?)

Of those Francis, White, Whitten and Turner are Non-EQP.

No idea how I missed Whitten as he is so clearly Irish, Francis well I may have written his name, but was thinking Williams.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:32 pm

Best XV IMO - Reid, Faingaa, Franks, Van Der Merwe, Coman, Botha, Cowan, Treviranus, Van Zyl, Marshall, Lewington, Williams, Fowlie, Cokanasiga, Bell (10 non EQ, 5 EQ)

Regular XV - Franks, Paice, Du Plessis, Van Der Merwe, Paulo, Cowan, Northcote-Green, Treviranus, Steele, Tonks, Lewington, Williams, Fowlie, Cokanasiga, Marshall (8 non EQ, 7 EQ)

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 08 Mar 2018, 5:45 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Bath this season:

Obano, Dunn, Perenise, Stooke, Charteris, Garvey, Grant, Mercer, fotuali'i, Priestland, Brew, Tapuai, Joseph, Banahan, Watson (7/8?)

Not far off. But Thomas, Roko, Clark, Ewels, Atwood would come in first choice if not injured. But as would Louw

I’d expect us to be

Obano, Dunn, Thomas, Stooke/Ewels, Garvey/Charteris, Mercer, Louw, Faletau,
Kahn, Priestland/Burns, roko, Clark, Joseph, Banahan, Watson

So that’s 10 definitely, be up to 12 possibles if Burns and Garvey started

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 09 Mar 2018, 12:02 pm

Saracens

1)

Vunipola,George,Koch,Kruis,Itoje,Rhodes,Clark,Billy,Wigglesworth,Farrell,Maitland,Barritt,Taylor,Williams,Goode

Barrington,Brits,Figallo,Isiekwe,Burger,Spencer,Lozowski,Wyles

14/23 EQP

2) You already answered that Londontiger though some academy youngsters are getting some gametime in the IW like Earl, Malins and Segun.

3) 2 EQP wingers coming in - Strettle and Lewington - Earle out. Wyles retiring, Brits retiring, Longbottom leaving.

If Sinckler rumour comes true it will help.

4) Could be utilising the youngsters a bit more.

Some positions better than others.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 09 Mar 2018, 4:27 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Falcons this season:

Vickers, Cooper, Welsh, Green, Witty, Wilson, Welch, Latu, Takulua, Flood, Sinotti, Socino, Harris, Goneva, Hammersley (7/8?)

Yeah pretty accurate.

Micky Young has been starting at 9 for most of the games recently, and Matavesi is now 1st choice 12
A look at the deeper squad (1st choice players 1st)

Vickers (EQ) / Lockwood (EQ) / Benjamin (EQ) / Mavinga (NEQ)
Cooper (NEQ) / Lawson (NEQ) / Sowery (EQ) / Socino (NEQ)
Welsh (NEQ) / Scott Wilson (EQ) / Davey Wilson (EQ)
Green (EQ) / Olmstead (NEQ) / Davidson (NEQ) / Davies (EQ)
Witty (EQ) / Robinson (EQ) / Young (NEQ)
Welch (EQ) / Graham (EQ) / Uzokwe (EQ)
Wilson (EQ) / Chick (EQ)
Latu  (NEQ) / Burrows (EQ) / Hogg (NEQ)

Takulua (NEQ) / Young (EQ)
Flood (EQ) / Hodgson (EQ)
Matavesi (NEQ) / Socino (NEQ)
Harris (NEQ) / Penny  (EQ) / Stevenson (EQ)
Goneva  (NEQ) / Radwan (EQ) (DTH hasn't played one game)
Tait  (EQ) / Hammersley (EQ)

I would say the vast majority of youngsters coming through the academy are EQ local lads...and we don't no anything about signings...other than Socino is off to Edinburgh.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down