The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Beaumont should go

+9
Sgt_Pooly
SecretFly
cascough
Poorfour
marty2086
aucklandlaurie
No 7&1/2
LondonTiger
rugbybanter
13 posters

Go down

Bill Beaumont should go Empty Bill Beaumont should go

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:43 am

Beaumont and his cohorts should step aside (excuse the pun) as they've done more than enough damage to the game since he came into the role than ISIS has done in the middle east . The state of rugby union is such that we have an individual who has endorsed the introduction of a "simplified version" of the rules of rugby. As if there wasn't enough ambiguity surrounding the interpretation of the laws! Larger lout Beaumont fails to understand that the problem lies within the management capability of those at world rugby HQ. Its time to get rid of this guy and get some smart people involved to get the game back to where it needs to be, otherwise its gradual degradation will kill the game!

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Bill Beaumont should go Empty Re: Bill Beaumont should go

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:52 am

Poor taste joke aside, the other article you have just posted states the laws haven't changed.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:04 am

the taste gurus cant give this lot the makeover they need, i'm afraid it will take a bit more than just a good dose of effective PR to right the wrongs that have tarnished this fraternity. Laws dont just change through a process of simplification (as you so aptly pointed out) however I sense that this is a knee jerk reaction in an attempt to broaden the appeal of the game. If they are concerned about the knit pickers perhaps they should focus on addressing some of the fundamental flaws that exist in the existing infrastructure. There s no need to appease any sector of the audience, just get the best two teams on the field and make sure that there are suitably qualified officials. Too many cooks spoil the broth, take the advice of a good chef and keep the menu professional yet tasteful, otherwise you will have the diners scrambling for the exit and terrible reputation as is where world rugby finds its self now!

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm struggling to see what they've done to annoy pu so much from this to be honest. Rugby is a complicated game but try to make the existing rules more accessible to people is a good thing to me!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 pm

quite the opposite in fact. Rugby is actually not a very complicated game but over the past 10 years has been handled so poorly from an administrative perspective that it has become unnecessarily "over complicated" . This is evident from the current structure and competition schedule of the Super 15, which now has a tiered African segment and single franchises from both Japan and Argentina. It has gotten to the stage where not only is there too much poor quality rugby being played but the structure of how points are accrued is an absolute mess! Factor in a broadcast schedule that is completely out of sync' in all its various forms digital/sat/cable/terrestrial etc... and begin to see how tangled it is. The internet/pay per view debate is part of the reason for this....

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Which has nothing to do with wr.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 am

it has everything to do with world rugby ( I assume that is what you are refer' to in "wr")? This body lacks a backbone right now in terms of getting it over the second phase of the millenial hurdle. The difference between now and 1995, is the technology that is driving the game from all levels. If the game is to survive another 100 years it needs to take a much firmer stance as far as an agenda is (encompassing everything from how/who/what/when/where they want playing the game)concerned and it needs to be driven by people that really have a thorough understanding of the game, not the broadcasters/new age unbundled telco's, other bodies who have little interest in its long term success).

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:28 am

They don't set the structure of the super 15 or negotiate tv deals on their behalf. And no world rugby shouldn't be negotiating these things or dictating to privately run leagues. Can you imagine fifa doing all that for all leagues in football.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Rugby Union is not run like soccer and I dont think WR would ever become rugbys equivalent of FIFA. SANZAAR and News Corp run the super show, SANZAAR comprise the home unions, WOrld Rugby is the governing body of the respective home Unions, Super rugby franchises are not privately run leagues as is the case with some of the NOrthern hemisphere clubs with the exception of The Rebels and (until recently but no longer relevant) the Western Force.

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:52 pm

I like how someone talks about getting smart people involved after calling someone a 'larger lout' picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 pm

The problem is the trend in the US in recent years is that the telcos are shopping big time for the content and live sport is at the top of the list as its the only thing the viewership want to watch "LIVE" (ie they dont want dvr/replay/recorded/playback of a live game it just isnt the same as im sure you and other fans of any sport can appreciate) Intergration of multiple platforms means there is intense competition from interests spanning everything from broadcaster,telco providers,sports organisations etc.. etc..to secure rights to get the best package in front of the right viewership. This includes faster internet speed, better terrestrial coverage, 4K picture quality etc...etc...Ultimately the competitive advantage will be won on engaging the fan in the best viewing experience of a live exclusive sports event on one particular type of platform (not several) that delivers uninterrupted, unrivalled sporting entertainment (and i use sporting entertainment as that is what it is in 2018) Comparatively it will be much more superior than anything else (ie dongle internet roku/hulu/amazon/youtube garbage)

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

marty2086 wrote:I like how someone talks about getting smart people involved after calling someone a 'larger lout' picard

Aye, everyone knows that with the size of the modern player, Billy B is much more of a smaller lout Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

So is it the unions rather than than wr who you want to see arrange tv deals? You're not being very clear.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 pm

i dont actually get why Bill Beamont has to be fired?

He holds a position to which the delegates have voted him.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Can anyone explain to me what the heck this thread is about? I've tried to find whatever it is that Beaumont has said that has upset rugbybanter so much, but Google returns nothing recent apart from the RWC 2023 bid (which was mismanaged in how it was presented to the media but actually pretty sound as a commercial bid process).
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm

He was initially annoyed about a more accessible eplanation of existing rules. Article I'd still on the international section. I'm unsure what it is about now.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Poorfour wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the heck this thread is about? I've tried to find whatever it is that Beaumont has said that has upset rugbybanter so much, but Google returns nothing recent apart from the RWC 2023 bid (which was mismanaged in how it was presented to the media but actually pretty sound as a commercial bid process).

His first post on the boards was a rant about Putin bribing WR to get Russian teams into the Challenge Cup ahead of more , missing the fact that WR aren't running the show and the Russian teams qualified for the competition.

There's a thread lambasting WR for not putting better officials in charge of games at all levels and this is the second thread about the simplification of the rules

From the posts I've read there's little rugby knowledge and no banter, so Im guessing the nom de guerre is meant to be ironic

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 pm

I think its an example of how some  people confuse  the roles of a Chief executive officer and a Chairman of a Board.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

More clueless than confused in this case it seems

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh good. I suppose. At least I haven't missed something important! Thanks for clarifying.

It really does seem he may have confused "association football" with "rugby football" if he's complaining about Russian collusion, governance and standards of officiating, though I struggle to understand how anyone could propose to materially simplify the rules of the rounder game.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am

No association with football at all. There is the RFU which is the English rugby Union , however they refer to it as simply the Rugby Football Union, not the English Rugby Union. There's no suggestion anywhere about Russian collusion so I don't know where you drew that conclusion? Unless you're blind you would see that there is clearly an issue as far as officiating is concerned. I will just give you one simple example and that is the number of times match officials intervene during a game for reasons other than 1) where a try is in doubt or 2) where there is foul play concerned. It is obvious from the dwindling numbers at stadiums that the game is in a poor state. It doesn't matter what the viewership stats are on other platforms, simple fact is if stadiums are in decline, the game is in decline...For this reason WR is failing.
Furthermore there is no confusion between CEO and Chairman, management seems to be the problem here and it is the responsibility of the Chairman to ensure that the board is giving management a sense of direction/purpose as far as all aspects of the game are concerned.
As for the Russian teams, I am absolutely surprised to see a result in a Euro competition whereby a top Paris club loses a game to a Russian team that , but in the overall interests of progressing the game amongst the minnows of world rugby it has some merits.
Let me know if you need any further clarification .

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

It's got to be some sort of bot, this. Hasn't it?

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Bots as in artificial intelligence? I think we can rule that out

No one mentioned Russian collusion but I think you are confusing collusion and corruption

Heres what you said

If the Russians want to fast track their ascent up the global rankings of club competition it would better done in the form of a team that is good enough to foot it with the best that the 6 nations has to offer (club teams) Krasni yar are just not ready for it yet and a backhander to world rugby from Putins rugby ambassadors should be the means to an end to allow it to happen.

Though the sentence is more a word car crash than anything

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Beaumont needs sacking because doncaster knights attendance is down this year? Not sure he ramped up the price and got rid of the good pies.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Cow pie is gone!?

Beaumont out.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Snow during what is probably the most important weekend in the European Rugby Calendar! It was a joke that it fell on the weekend just ended.
Who allowed that to happen? I know Laurie above tries to pass the buck to the underlings. But for certain, Beaumont should walk.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 am

perhaps you overlooked the interpretation of your assumption....You assume a "backhander" within the context of this post is anything other than the literal meaning of the word .....? Without seeking clarification ?? Stop  wasting my time.
words of advice in future dont assume anything...ask a few more pertinent questions..

marty2086 wrote:Bots as in artificial intelligence? I think we can rule that out

No one mentioned Russian collusion but I think you are confusing collusion and corruption

Heres what you said

If the Russians want to fast track their ascent up the global rankings of club competition it would better done in the form of a team that is good enough to foot it with the best that the 6 nations has to offer (club teams) Krasni yar are just not ready for it yet and a backhander to world rugby from Putins rugby ambassadors should be the means to an end to allow it to happen.

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm

It really could be.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 pm

rugbybanter wrote:perhaps you overlooked the interpretation of your assumption....You assume a "backhander" within the context of this post is anything other than the literal meaning of the word .....? Without seeking clarification ?? Stop  wasting my time.
words of advice in future dont assume anything...ask a few more pertinent questions..

marty2086 wrote:Bots as in artificial intelligence? I think we can rule that out

Heres what you said

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Ok, so when you post anything it is wrong to assume that words mean something other than what they actually mean?

Please explain the non literal meaning of the word then....

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 am

I can see words but they don't make sense. This is one bizarre thread, do you know Beshocked?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:11 am

no need to explain the non literal meaning of anything you twit, stop over analysing within the context of the statement. I can only gather from this that you initially assumed that a "backhander" engaging in activity other than desired conduct to get ahead of the curve, is that your interpretation? If so just confirm and i will set you down the right path ..

quote="marty2086"]
rugbybanter wrote:perhaps you overlooked the interpretation of your assumption....You assume a "backhander" within the context of this post is anything other than the literal meaning of the word .....? Without seeking clarification ?? Stop  wasting my time.

Heres what you said

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Ok, so when you post anything it is wrong to assume that words mean something other than what they actually mean?

Please explain the non literal meaning of the word then....[/quote]

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Can someone translate the thread into plain English please.

I am no grammar policeman but the phrase car crash does seem apt, with respect to OP

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm

What about "explain the non literal meaning"!!!!!!!!!!

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:30 am

what is a backhander in the literal sense of the word? Why would you assume it means anything other than the literal meaning, unless you are assuming it means otherwise!
Let me make it SIMPLE for your simple mind
1) write down what a backhander is (dictionary definition)
2) write down what you think I meant in the context of the thread
3) Why would you assume my use of the word is somehow exactly as you interpret it according to your definition within the context of the discussion...?
4) does it make any more sense ?

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 am

marty2086 wrote:
Bots as in artificial intelligence? I think we can rule that out

Heres what you said

WHO MENTIONED "CORRUPTION" ANYWHERE IN THE WORDING. THAT IS MERELY YOUR "INTERPRETATION" OF THE WORDS..RIGHT?

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:36 am

I don't think Beaumont is the right type of individual for this role.

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 pm

So you don't think an illegal payment to get a club into a competition is corruption then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 pm

backhander
NOUN
1A blow made with the back of the hand.

2BA secret and illegal payment; a bribe.

Perhaps he is saying that World Rugby were the victims of physical abuse rather than receiving a bribe?

That the Russian teams qualified by on field performances in the 3rd tier competition seems to have been ignored.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm

If you understand how this definition would be used figuratively in the colloquial sense you might understand the interpretation of the comment i made. Fact that you had to post the definition to understand how i used the word is pathetic to say the least..In future don't assume anything !

LondonTiger wrote:
backhander
NOUN

2BA secret and illegal payment; a bribe.

Perhaps he is saying that World Rugby were the victims of physical abuse rather than receiving a bribe?

That the Russian teams qualified by on field performances in the 3rd tier competition seems to have been ignored.

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Do you have to ask the question when there is absolutely no mention made anywhere about Russians being corrupt? You have created this idea in your mind that I have somehow suggested that the Russians are corrupt! What is this based on? If you can offer no more than an opinion of the definition of my comment perhaps you should re-word as being nothing more than your opinion instead of your suggested quote as attached!

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you don't think an illegal payment to get a club into a competition is corruption then?

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbybanter Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Do you have to ask the question when there is absolutely no mention made anywhere about Russians being corrupt? You have created this idea in your mind that I have somehow suggested that the Russians are corrupt! What is this based on? If you can offer no more than an opinion of the definition of my comment perhaps you should re-word as being nothing more than your opinion instead of your suggested quote as attached!

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you don't think an illegal payment to get a club into a competition is corruption then?

rugbybanter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

How have putin s rugby ambassadors figuratively given world rugby a slap to allow their team into the competition (that they qualified for anyway)?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 pm

You mentioned corruption. What did you mean by this?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Never knew Bill Beaumont was a Russian.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:Never knew Bill Beaumont was a Russian.
Komrad Beaumont?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by nlpnlp Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 am

No doctor_gay it is Comrade not Komrad.

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Kaiser Wilhelm Beaumont, he qualified to play for England through his grandmother.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm

I was looking at this and thinking well, where should he go? the pub?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down