The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Exiles Squads

+2
BoredUntilAugust
dublfcynwa
6 posters

Go down

England vs Exiles Squads Empty England vs Exiles Squads

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

England VS EXILES

S Tomkins 1 Brett Hodgson
R Hall 2 Pat Richards
M Shenton 3 George Carmont
C Bridge 4 Matt King
T Briscoe 5 Francis Meli
K Sinfield 6 Rangi Chase
R Myler 7 Thomas Leuluai
J Peacock 8 Tony Puletua
L Robinson 9 Danny Buderus
J Graham 10 Mark O’Meley
J Wilkin 11 Iosia Soliola
B Westwood 12 Willie Manu
S O'Loughlin 13 Craig Fitzgibbon

Subs:
M McIlorum 14 David Faiumu
A Morley 15 Kylie Leuluai
G Carvell 16 Louis Anderson
J Tomkins 17 David Fa’alogo

I really don't see how England will win this game. The Exiles squad looks immense compared to us.

Back to top Go down

England vs Exiles Squads Empty Re: England vs Exiles Squads

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

I don't see England winning this one at all. However I think the concept is a brilliant idea and it's a lot better preperation for the 4 nation's than putting 60/70 point's on a Wales or France side that not really any competition.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:I don't see England winning this one at all. However I think the concept is a brilliant idea and it's a lot better preperation for the 4 nation's than putting 60/70 point's on a Wales or France side that not really any competition.

Totally agree. Really hope this becomes a regular fixture in the Superleague calender. Maybe even make it best of three series like the State of Origin. I know it'll never compete with the SOO but feel this will provide the sport alot more media coverage than a game against the French or Wales.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

I can see this taking off to be honest and the "exiles" will be well up for this as most of them are out of the international scene. It's a brilliant idea and whoever thought it up deserve's a pat on the back.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredUntilAugust Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:57 pm

Agree with both of you, Can't see England winning. Think Exiles will win by 10+

BoredUntilAugust

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:28 am

I see Engalnd winning in a very tight encounter. I also think its a great idea and lets hope it continue's for many many years.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:12 am

I see the exiles winning, is anybody going? I am tempted to drive over friday night from Bury, did this a couple of weeks ago when Warrington played at Headinglety and only got in the ground at 7.50 so unsure whether to go just in case

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

davidl1061 wrote:I see the exiles winning, is anybody going? I am tempted to drive over friday night from Bury, did this a couple of weeks ago when Warrington played at Headinglety and only got in the ground at 7.50 so unsure whether to go just in case
I'm waiting to hear from a mate of mine over there. i have suggested we and some other mates make a afternoon/evening of it in Leeds, but its a case of sleeping somewhere and going home in the morning.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

I only finish work at 6 and the M62 at that time on a friday is just a gamble of whether you get through or not. It was ok a copuple of weeks ago until we got to Leeds and the crawled all the way to Headingley. Now I dont think the crowd will be as big as a normal Leeds game so hopefully should be quicker

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

Why don't you get the train? It's a pain in the bum but its more reliable than the M62.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:15 am

If England can play mistake free and rotate the 4 props to bash them all game I think we'll have a chance because I expect the Exiles to tire in the last 20 mins.

If we compare the sides,

Head coach- Exiles by a country mile.

Forwards- England, we should dominate up front.

Halves- Exiles just.
If we had Brough and Roby with Robinson on the bench I'd have probably gone England, though Sinfield shouldn't be in the team IMO. Chase is good but is a bit of a hot/cold player and I'm not sure how he'll combine with Tommy Leu. Buderus is a legend, but legends are things that happened a long time a go.

Backs- Draw
Carmont and Meli are passed their best and benefit from playing in good club sides. Hodgson, Richards and King are good players still but have a combined age of around 100.
Hall is pants, Foster, Charnley or McGivelrey should be there. Bridge I assume was picked to have a couple of Wire centres? Otherwise I was bemused, Cudjoe's been in good form and was resident 4 from Autumn internationals. SamTom, Shenton and Briscoe have NRL potential.

Bench- England
I find it really strange that the Exiles have named 4 forwards on their bench. I assume it's because Bluey know's they'll run out of steam and need a quick rotation. Lack of a half surprises me as Buderus will be forced to go the full 80. Also does Bluey think there wont be any injuries?

Overall- England by 4.
Earlier in the week I tipped Exiles by under 13 points but the more I look at the team I think we'll sqeak it. We have to start well and the fact we've got a rubbish coach doesn't help! 🤦

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:35 am

BicesterWarrior wrote:If England can play mistake free and rotate the 4 props to bash them all game I think we'll have a chance because I expect the Exiles to tire in the last 20 mins.

If we compare the sides,

Head coach- Exiles by a country mile.

Forwards- England, we should dominate up front.

Halves- Exiles just.
If we had Brough and Roby with Robinson on the bench I'd have probably gone England, though Sinfield shouldn't be in the team IMO. Chase is good but is a bit of a hot/cold player and I'm not sure how he'll combine with Tommy Leu. Buderus is a legend, but legends are things that happened a long time a go.

Backs- Draw
Carmont and Meli are passed their best and benefit from playing in good club sides. Hodgson, Richards and King are good players still but have a combined age of around 100.
Hall is pants, Foster, Charnley or McGivelrey should be there. Bridge I assume was picked to have a couple of Wire centres? Otherwise I was bemused, Cudjoe's been in good form and was resident 4 from Autumn internationals. SamTom, Shenton and Briscoe have NRL potential.

Bench- England
I find it really strange that the Exiles have named 4 forwards on their bench. I assume it's because Bluey know's they'll run out of steam and need a quick rotation. Lack of a half surprises me as Buderus will be forced to go the full 80. Also does Bluey think there wont be any injuries?

Overall- England by 4.
Earlier in the week I tipped Exiles by under 13 points but the more I look at the team I think we'll sqeak it. We have to start well and the fact we've got a rubbish coach doesn't help! 🤦
A very good post. Lets hope your right with an England victory.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:20 pm

Cheers George.

Any other ex606ers on here mate?

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:39 am

BicesterWarrior wrote:Cheers George.

Any other ex606ers on here mate?
A few i think, but not enough yet, but i remain hopeful that in time some will come over and join us.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down