The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09

+17
VinceWLB
CraigS1874
tigertattie
jimbopip
George Carlin
reallybored
RiscaGame
RuggerRadge2611
TheMildlyFranticLlama
munkian
mikey_dragon
Hazel Sapling
Stone Motif
des
BigGee
Luckless Pedestrian
EWT Spoons
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09 Empty Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 am

Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons
Myerside
19.35 ko
TV: Alba/S4c

Last time out:
Edinburgh 24 - 20 Dragons

Head to Head
Dragons -  Edinburgh
31 Played 31
15 Wins 15
15 Losses 15
1 Draws 1
62 Tries 67

This Season
Edinburgh - Dragons
Who knows, certainly not the Pro14 Website apparently.

Teams
Edinburgh
15. Blair Kinghorn (43)

14. Damien Hoyland (48)

13. Chris Dean (43)

12. Robbie Fruean *

11. Jason Harries (1)

10. Duncan Weir (21)

9. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (83)

1. Michele Rizzo (1)

2. Stuart McInally (101)

3. WP Nel (104)

4. Ben Toolis (70)

5. Grant Gilchrist (99)

6. Jamie Ritchie (31)

7. Hamish Watson (72)

8. Magnus Bradbury CAPTAIN (31)

Replacements

16. Ross Ford (176)

17. Darryl Marfo (1)

18. Simon Berghan (32)

19. Fraser McKenzie (80)

20. Cornell du Preez (80)

21. Nathan Fowles (34)

22. Jason Tovey (24)

23. Junior Rasolea (14)

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09 Empty Re: Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:52 am

Can we please not talk about 'last time out'? The last quarter of the corresponding game last season was too painful to be revisited....

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09 Empty Re: Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09

Post by RDW Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:02 am

Having beaten Blues away the Edinburgh of old would usually lose this kind of game. However I can't imagine Cockers will be letting anyone get ahead of themselves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them a bit of a thrashing this week at training as a reminder.

That combined with the Dragons' dreadful pre-season and opening game makes me think we really need to be targeting a BP with this one. The head to heads show these games are close but if we really have higher ambitions then finishing in the bottom 4 then we really need to be convincingly beating bottom 4 teams!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:05 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Having beaten Blues away the Edinburgh of old would usually lose this kind of game. However I can't imagine Cockers will be letting anyone get ahead of themselves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them a bit of a thrashing this week at training as a reminder.

That combined with the Dragons' dreadful pre-season and opening game makes me think we really need to be targeting a BP with this one. The head to heads show these games are close but if we really have higher ambitions then finishing in the bottom 4 then we really need to be convincingly beating bottom 4 teams!

You really are tempting fate, aren't you!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 am

In Cockers we trust!

A win is what we really need but a BP would be very well received...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:15 am

Not sure I'll get carried away with a TBP at this stage, but with Fruean available (in theory) for this game, then it will give us a much better option at centre.

If we get a win I'll be happy, anything more would be a bonus (clue is in the name I guess)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by des Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Can we please not talk about 'last time out'? The last quarter of the corresponding game last season was too painful to be revisited....
It wasn't a quarter, it was an eighth.

Me and my friend had started to leave thinking it was over. Stood up, scored a try. Went for a pee, scored a try. Were just about to leave the gate, TMO, then try awarded.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by des Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Having beaten Blues away the Edinburgh of old would usually lose this kind of game. However I can't imagine Cockers will be letting anyone get ahead of themselves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them a bit of a thrashing this week at training as a reminder.

You really are tempting fate, aren't you!
Seconded.

Remember the Zebre game last season RDW? I was on the verge of putting £10 on them to win (£130 return) but thought losing to Zebre after the win against Harlequins wouldn't be offset by £130.

Also, remember what the Dragons no 7 did to us down there last season? The point were he nicked the ball off the back of the non-maul said it all.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Dreadful pre-season? Let's see anyone else in the arse end of the Pro 14 do any better against Montpelier, Saints Exeter and SRU1...that being said with your pack starting to play to its actual sum of its parts you are well set up to steamroller us.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:08 pm

des wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Can we please not talk about 'last time out'? The last quarter of the corresponding game last season was too painful to be revisited....
It wasn't a quarter, it was an eighth.  

Me and my friend had started to leave thinking it was over.  Stood up, scored a try. Went for a pee, scored a try.  Were just about to leave the gate, TMO, then try awarded.

I asked if we could not talk about it! Sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Fancy Edinburgh to put it together a bit more this week. Last week they played against a better team on paper but Cardiff did not have a plan. Dragons had more energy about them.

I would stick Dean into 12 and get Fruean in if he is fit. Depending on the ref, Mata to start at 6 with Ritchie dropping to the bench unless it is a ref that does not reward turnovers. Nel drops out for Berghan and McCallum to bench. Be interested to see what he goes for in the locks and whether Tovey gets a shot.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 am

Finally got round to watching the Blues game - it certainly was a pleasing performance, if a lot still to work on. Some detailed thoughts for those who care to read it...

Front row

I thought McInally had his best game for a while - he put a lot of work in with a number of carries. He looks like he's put some bulk on which I think he needed to be  a hooker - I've never been convinced when he's said he wanted to keep his back row body shape and just play at hooker.

Marfo and Nel seemed to do well in the scrums up until when they were hooked on 50 minutes. The reserve front row made a good impact with Berghan even getting himself a penalty turnover.

2nd row

I would agree that Gilchrist played well (dodges stones being thrown by CakeorDeath) - he put in a good shift. He was a willing carrier and although he didn't make massive ground he generally got over the gainline which is all you can ask running into heavy traffic. He put some decent hits in too. He still isn't in our top 3 locks for Scotland but he isn't as far away as he has looked in the last few seasons.

Bresler made an impressive 13 tackles in the time he was on but only carried 4 times. IMO he actually looked a bit slow and unathletic - he may end up missing out long term as all of our other locks are very athletic. Still, he is the toughest barsteward out of the lot of them and you would want him in a scrap.

Back row

I thought Ritchie had a big game - he was an absolute nuisance all game and had a few decent carries including a line break. I think he got 2 turnovers too. I hope Cockers/Hodge pull him up for his badly executed 2 on 1 following his great line break late on - he passed far too early and ruined a near certain try. He deserves to keep his spot at blindside though.

I though Hardie had a quiet game but made 22 tackles apparently which is a big shift. I'm looking forward to Watson coming back though as I feel we need a bit more action in that backrow.

Bradbury grew into the game after a quiet start but I'd like to see more of him across the 80. VC's opinion that he needs to up his physicality is also true.  Still, some big carries and good meters made from him.

Half backs

SHC had a good game - some excellent box kicks which caused the Blues a lot of trouble (I'm amazed Morgan wasn't hooked at half time!). Some clever play in the buildup to Kinghorn's try, if a little forward.

Edinburgh came with a clear gameplan and I thought Weir executed it well. He's never going to fit into Townsend's playing style for Scotland but if he carries on in this regard then he should do a job for Edinburgh this season, without setting the heather alight.  He even got a turnover penalty putting his body on the line! He threw the odd hospital pass and still sits deep in attack but if we use him wisely (i.e. don't ask him to try and be Finn Russell) then we should be able to build a competent game plan around him.

Centres

Rosolea had a fairly quiet game, and to me is only squad cover until Freuan and Bennett make an appearance.

I thought Dean had a good game - he was physical in defence and marshalled the 13 channel well. He also runs some good angles. To me he is definitely a better 12 though and I hope he is partnered with Freaun for this game.

Back 3

Kinghorn was the clear standout, showing the best of what he did last season while limiting the bad parts - he still lost the ball in contact a couple of times which he really needs to work on. This could be a big season for him with Hogg injured and a lack of depth at 15 for Scotland - here's hoping he can bring some consistency to his game week in week out, which was his problem last season.

Fife chased the box kicks well - to me he is second only to Seymour in terms of aerial ability so would be good to keep him if we continue with this game plan. Harries looked full of energy but the bounce of the ball just didn't favour him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:38 am

Looking forward to this weekend I would pick the following - mixing things up a little bit but  keeping the core of the team that won at the weekend. My aim being a big pack to try to dominate the Dragons up front and a bit more flair in the backs.

1 Marfo
2 Ford
3 Nel
4 Gilchrist
5 Toolis
6 Ritchie
7 Watson (Hardie if he's not fit)
8 Bradbury

9 SHC
10 Weir
11 Graham
12 Dean
13 Fruean
14 Harries
15 Kinghorn

Subs - Rizzo, McInally, Berghan, Mckenzie, CDP, Fowles, Tovey, Bryce

That backline in particular is probably the most attack minded we can put out just now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

It would maybe be good to see Farndale on the bench to give him the chance to show what he can do. Likewise CHH, who is surely the longer term option to McKenzie and needs to be developed.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am

Dragons haven't scored two tries, they've scored one.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:53 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Dragons haven't scored two tries, they've scored one.

And even that was a dubious penalty try!

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

Griff wrote:

Hardly dubious
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am

BigGee wrote:It would maybe be good to see Farndale on the bench to give him the chance to show what he can do. Likewise CHH, who is surely the longer term option to McKenzie and needs to be developed.

Yeah I'd be happy with that. You're right that McKenzie is probably never going to play for Scotland but CHH may do so needs developed - McKenzie may end up just being squad cover.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am

I took the info from the pro14 site. They're still claiming Dragons scored 2. I believe you mikey, but just pointing out where I got the info from

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am

EWT Spoons wrote:I took the info from the pro14 site.  They're still claiming Dragons scored 2.  I believe you mikey, but just pointing out where I got the info from

Yupp, just the one.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:It would maybe be good to see Farndale on the bench to give him the chance to show what he can do. Likewise CHH, who is surely the longer term option to McKenzie and needs to be developed.

Yeah I'd be happy with that. You're right that McKenzie is probably never going to play for Scotland but CHH may do so needs developed - McKenzie may end up just being squad cover.

For a player who showed so much promise when he was younger, McKenzie's career really has faded away. He has never really been anything other than a squad player since he came back to Edinburgh and it is hard to see him being there to much longer with the younger options that they now possess at lock. It is a shame really as he was definitely looking like international material at one stage. Did he not get injured just as he was called up to the squad? He never got the call again.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 am

http://www.pro14rugby.org/overview/?FixGuid=17EN3627

As I say it's from here. But looking at the stats it looks like they are way off as apparently it was only one try and it was converted, but the pro14 site claims two tries and neither converted.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 am

Since he came back I think Farndale has only made one sub appearance (against Sale), I don’t think he came off the bench (or was even on it in the first place) against Newcastle.  Not sure if Cockerill rates him enough as a potential starter/bench option or purely as cover if every other player suddenly gets injured.

However I agree from what I’ve seen of him, it would be nice for him to get a run out to show what he can/cannot do.

In terms of this game, I would be amazed if Bresler isn’t involved.  He has a bit of aggression about him and I think Cockerill likes that, might be on the bench granted, but I think he will be involved, especially as I don’t think he falls under the 4/5 game rule, given he’s not a Scottish International.

However, if he’s not then  I agree with BigGee and I would like to see CHH on the bench as cover.  In preseason he did well enough to not be a risk if he comes on, but I think RC might want to get a home win under his belt before he starts tampering around with the team too much.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 am

EWT Spoons wrote:http://www.pro14rugby.org/overview/?FixGuid=17EN3627

As I say it's from here.  But looking at the stats it looks like they are way off as apparently it was only one try and it was converted, but the pro14 site claims two tries and neither converted.

Outstanding! clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:23 am

Who does it say scored both tries? Technically speaking, nobody scored our only try of the season Erm Laugh

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am

Match report is accurate (I think, having not been there or seen the game) just the preview stats for the Edinburgh vs Dragons game is way off.

http://www.pro14rugby.org/report/leinster-dominate-dragons-in-opening-day-victory  match report

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:32 am

munkian wrote:
Griff wrote:

Hardly dubious

Well I'd be annoyed if one of those was awarded against us.  It was a slightly high tackle.  One of those 'seat belt' tackles where the arm goes over the shoulder and across the chest.  The law states something like 'a try would have been scored if not for the high tackle', but I think that's rubbish (in this case)!  If it was a normal tackle he would have stopped him (legally) too so I can't see why it was certain that a try would have been scored.  It's not like the defender would just vanish into thin air if a high tackle was not an option, so how is it certain?!

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:55 am

It was as certain as the Screech yellow IMO, so both were a bit dubious for me.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Good summary of the Blues game RDW, I only managed to watch it yesterday too so am also behind the curve. Only 1 thing I'd add, if Ritchie gets some stick for his 2-on-1 screw up then Chris Dean will be very lucky to escape some criticism for his horrendous attempt at a clearing kick on our goal line, which gave them the ball and they subsequently scored a try off it. In that situation he needed to not panic and just hold the ball, instead he went to kick it away but didnt have nearly enough space to get a kick away. He also coughed up the ball in midfield far too easily at one point, so I'd have his game as a bit more of a mixed bag than how you've rated him.

Ritchie I thought was excellent, he's clearly improved significantly and outshine Bradbury at the weekend. All in all it was a great start to the season, and so important for the players to start with a win after what will have been long weeks of talking about what they need to do to build momentum - if they'd come through all that then started the season on a loss it would've been a tough way to start the Cockers regime.

Looking forward I'd love to see a Ritchie, Watson, Bradbury back row, with Mata to come on late on and run riot!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Good point about Dean - he showed a complete lack of composure which pretty much directly led to them scoring a try. Even if he had managed to kick it it won't have gone far.

That is the kind of thing that will annoy Cockers I'm sure - we work hard to get the turnover and then give it straight back!

I just thought he looked aggressive in defence and ran the 13 channel well - the most difficult position on the pitch for defencive positioning. I also like the hard lines that he runs. His little chip through for Harries near the end was also good and quite unexpected for him to have done that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Well making the decision to go along to this match. Cockers has made a believer out of me so I'll be going to an Edinburgh game for the first time in about 2 and a half years.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Well making the decision to go along to this match. Cockers has made a believer out of me so I'll be going to an Edinburgh game for the first time in about 2 and a half years.

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09 Dads-Army-Frazier-doomed

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by des Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:05 pm

I was going to mention that if we win this weekend that'll be 4 games in a row.  When did we last see that?

That's fate well and truly tempted.  I'll be sticking £20 on a Dragons win (and £2 on a draw).

des

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Add the fact that Treviso at home next week should really mean 5 in a row - we're definitely doomed!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:17 pm

I don't mind being reminded of the corresponding fixture last season, as at least it was a game we should've won on the road. That was as good as it got away really, wasn't it? Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Good summary RDW_Scotland, agree with it all.

Very solid performance in a match we're used to seeing Edinburgh lose; set-piece was decent, half-backs controlled territory, the defence was organised and committed throughout.

Was impressed with the pack, good balance in the back-row but would like to see Bradbury carry more.  If Hidalgo-Clyne & Weir control the game in the same way I'd back them to do the business.

Obviously I'd love to see McCallum, Hunter-Hill, Graham involved but Treviso at home is up next, so I wouldn't make too many changes for this match.

Hard to resist starting Fruean if he's fit though.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 am

Fruean is expected to be in the 23 this weekend - can't wait to see him in action. He's an absolute beast!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 am

Anyone been to Myreside lately? Have they scrubbed it up, or is the most pleasant architectural feature still the large cowpat under the north stand?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

Good timing - I've just received the following email. Sounds like they have listened to the complaints and have made some positive changes

BRAND NEW FACILITIES
New and improved toilet facilities are located in the North-East corner and behind the South Stand - all properly plumbed and lit with running water. There’s also a brand-new toilet facility for our disabled spectators located next to the disabled area on the East side of the ground, and another is situated across the road next to the supporters’ bar.

THE HUXLEY CLUBHOUSE
The supporters’ bar will be hosted and operated in partnership with national pub group, Signature Pubs, who are using their expertise in running some of the city’s finest establishments to deliver a greater match night experience at Myreside. The enhanced experience will also see the supporters’ marquee refurnished, with Signature Pubs offering food and drink from their establishments at the home of the capital club.

THE QUICK TAP
Beat the match night queues and visit The Quick Tap, situated right behind the South Stand. Our state-of-the-art bar can pour a range of drinks on draught including Tennents Lager, Caledonia Best and Guinness.

THE BIG SCREEN
The big screen has moved! It’s now situated in the North-West corner, which is visible from all areas of the ground. Keep an eye out for our latest news and videos throughout the evening.

THE MACRON STORE
Our brand-new matchday Macron store, stationed next to the Actavo Stand and behind the big screen, means that supporters can get their hands on a fantastic 2017/18 range of merchandise before, during and after the match! Grab a new shirt, scarf or hoodie to show your support. Our players will be along helping at the store too, so drop by and say hello…

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am

All sounds very positive. The biggest issues were the toilets and the big screen, so to have them sorted is great news. I know some folk didn't like the tent thing (personally I thought it was fine) so nice for them that's been sorted too.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 am

Strong Edinburgh team named - even stronger than last week IMO. Fruean to make his debut!

Head-coach Richard Cockerill has named his Edinburgh side for the club’s first home match of the Guinness PRO14 season tomorrow night (Friday 8 September) against the Dragons at Myreside (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA.

The team selection sees five changes to the starting XV that beat Cardiff Blues last weekend.

Centre Robbie Fruean will make his Edinburgh debut, replacing Junior Rasolea who is named among the replacements. The former Junior All Black is partnered in the midfield by one of last week’s try-scorers, Chris Dean.

Elsewhere in the backs, Damien Hoyland replaces the injured Dougie Fife on the right wing.

At loose-head, Italian international prop Michele Rizzo replaces Darryl Marfo who drops to the bench whilst Ben Toolis rorates in for Anton Bresler. Toolis will pack-down alongside Grant Gilchrist who makes his 100th appearance in the black and red.

The only change in the back-row sees Hamish Watson come in for John Hardie.

On his team selection, Cockerill said: “Training has been good this week and we took great confidence from getting the result in Cardiff. We’ve put in a lot of hard work in pre-season and I think we saw the rewards of that at the weekend.

“We’ve got to keep chipping away and keep building that confidence, culture and identity in what we’re doing. It was a good start for us, but we need to get it right again tomorrow night against the Dragons to make sure we keep collecting points - getting as many as we can, as early as we can.

“I expect energy from the guys who’ve come in. They’ve worked hard and got their opportunity to play. We’ve got a strong squad and we’ve got options in a lot of positions, so for the guys coming in, I want them to bring us energy, but I also want them to fight and try and earn a spot in this team.

“Myreside is a great stadium. The guys behind the scenes have put in a lot of work to get it ready and it’s a fantastic surface for the team to play on. When people come and watch us, they’ll walk away knowing that their team has put 100 per cent commitment into the Edinburgh shirt.”

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Dragons at Myreside in the Guinness PRO14 on Friday 8 September (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA

15. Blair Kinghorn (43)

14. Damien Hoyland (48)

13. Chris Dean (43)

12. Robbie Fruean *

11. Jason Harries (1)

10. Duncan Weir (21)

9. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (83)

1. Michele Rizzo (1)

2. Stuart McInally (101)

3. WP Nel (104)

4. Ben Toolis (70)

5. Grant Gilchrist (99)

6. Jamie Ritchie (31)

7. Hamish Watson (72)

8. Magnus Bradbury CAPTAIN (31)

Replacements

16. Ross Ford (176)

17. Darryl Marfo (1)

18. Simon Berghan (32)

19. Fraser McKenzie (80)

20. Cornell du Preez (80)

21. Nathan Fowles (34)

22. Jason Tovey (24)

23. Junior Rasolea (14)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:24 am

That back row Very Happy

Strong team, amazing how much of a boost it is to see Fruean's name appear in that midfield. I'm in Wales this weekend for my stag do, will need to see if we can catch it on tv somewhere, provided I can still see by 7.35PM

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:26 am

Delighted with that team. Hoyland, Freuan and Toolis should in theory make the side stronger than last week.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:31 am

Aye it's an all action, young Scottish back row.

I wonder if we'll see a more direct gameplan given we've got Fruean at centre and midget Hoyland on the wing instead of Fife. We may not get as much success out of the box kicks without Fife chasing.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 pm

By jaysus there's an exciting Edinburgh team struggling to get out of that line up.

Looking forward to this - will it be on a highly disreputably live feed of questionable legality so that I can (obviously) not watch it?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Pro14: Edinburgh Rugby vs Dragons Fri 8/09 21430610
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Not our first choice 9 and I'd prefer AOB at 10 with Henson at 12 but we'll see how we do.

We are also missing our first choice 7 and 2nd choice 7/8 in Cudd and Griffiths.

Cudd looks to be out for the season but hopefully Griffiths will be back soon.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Who was the Dragons openside that caused havoc last season?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 pm

George Carlin wrote:By jaysus there's an exciting Edinburgh team struggling to get out of that line up.

Looking forward to this - will it be on a highly disreputably live feed of questionable legality so that I can (obviously) not watch it?

I'm sure it will be - I trust you know all the usual places to (not) look?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:By jaysus there's an exciting Edinburgh team struggling to get out of that line up.

I'm sure it will be - I trust you know all the usual places to (not) look?

Its on BBC Labia
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next