The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster Rugby 2017-18

+45
Luckless Pedestrian
stevetynant
rodders
21st Century Schizoid Man
Geen sport voor watjes
profitius
WELL-PAST-IT
rapidsnowman
the-goon
Cyril
GunsGermsV2
Welly
Kanbei
Artful_Dodger
Rugby Fan
demosthenes
Maine man
BamBam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ScarletSpiderman
formerly known as Sam
BigGee
Hazel Sapling
eirebilly
Kingshu
lostinwales
munkian
carpet baboon
wolfball
aucklandlaurie
Marshes
toml
St John The Enforcer
The Great Aukster
Pot Hale
neilthom7
clivemcl
geoff999rugby
Don Alfonso
Rory_Gallagher
mikey_dragon
Redman
LordDowlais
Pete330v2
marty2086
49 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ulster Rugby 2017-18 - Page 2 Empty Ulster Rugby 2017-18

Post by marty2086 Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Director of Rugby Les Kiss  
Head Coach Jono Gibbes  
Assistant Coach Dwayne Peel
Scrum Coach Aaron Dundon  
Skills Coach Niall Malone

Players In
John Cooney from Connacht
Schalk van der Merwe from Southern Kings
Jean Deysel from Sharks
David Busby promoted from Academy
Aaron Cairns promoted from Academy
Ross Kane promoted from Academy
Rob Lyttle promoted from Academy
Tommy O'Hagan promoted from Academy
Jack Owens promoted from Academy

Players Out
Franco van der Merwe to Cardiff Blues
Roger Wilson retired
Conor Joyce to Jersey Reds
Mark Best to Jersey Reds
Jonny Murphy to Rotherham Titans
Ruan Pienaar to Montpellier
John Donnan released
Lorcan Dow released
Ricky Lutton released
Stephen Mulholland released

Ulster Rugby 2017/18 Senior Playing Squad

Rodney Ah You (18 ULS, 3 IRE)
John Andrew (27 ULS)
Rory Best (198 ULS, 104 IRE)
Callum Black (128 ULS)
Tommy Bowe (150 ULS, 69 IRE)
Peter Browne (31 ULS)
David Busby (2 ULS)
Aaron Cairns (1 ULS)
Darren Cave (193 ULS, 11 IRE)
Marcell Coetzee (4 ULS, 28 SA)
John Cooney (0 ULS, 1 IRE)
Jean Deysel (0 ULS, 4 SA)
Robbie Diack (193 ULS, 2 IRE)
Craig Gilroy (149 ULS, 10 IRE)
Iain Henderson (74 ULS, 32 IRE)
Chris Henry (165 ULS, 24 IRE)
Wiehahn Herbst (54 ULS)
Rob Herring (120 ULS, 1 IRE)
Brett Herron (7 ULS)
Paddy Jackson (123 ULS, 25 IRE)
Ross Kane (11 ULS)
Louis Ludik (54 ULS)
Robert Lyttle (8 ULS)
Luke Marshall (104 ULS, 11 IRE)
Paul Marshall (195 ULS, 3 IRE)
Kyle McCall (36 ULS)
Stuart McCloskey (58 ULS, 1 IRE)
Johnny McPhillips
Peter Nelson (37 ULS)
Alan O'Connor (39 ULS)
Tommy O'Hagan
Stuart Olding (62 ULS, 4 IRE)
Jack Owens (1 ULS)
Callum Patterson
Jared Payne (78 ULS, 20 IRE)
Charles Piutau (23 ULS, 16 NZ)
Matthew Rea
Sean Reidy (58 ULS, 2 IRE)
Clive Ross (52 ULS)
David Shanahan (13 ULS)
Jonny Simpson (4 ULS)
Jacob Stockdale (24 ULS, 2 IRE)
Kieran Treadwell (21 ULS, 2 IRE)
Andrew Trimble (217 ULS, 70 IRE)
Schalk van der Merwe
Andrew Warwick (74 ULS)

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Ulster Rugby 2017-18 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ulster Rugby 2017-18

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 25 Jul 2017, 9:43 pm

Well, speaking on purely rugby terms, we're goosed this season. Losing both Pienaar and Jackson is just too much. Does this mean that Nelson becomes the starting 10? What's his goalkicking like? I'm fairly sure that's our first, second and third goalkickers gone.

Luke Marshall is going to have to take a lot of responsibility of 12 and he isn't exactly Mr Reliable.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:00 pm

What with the Super rugby coming to an end perhaps there'll be a talented Kiwi 10 that'll be allowed a short term stay to help us out........oh no wait we're not Munster.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm

If the two lads are innocent of the charges, I hope they can get back to rugby as soon as possible a bit wiser. If they are guilty then I hope they get the time they deserve. It doesn't look too promising from how it has progressed.

In rugby terms, its a hammer blow to Ulster and Ireland. For Ulster, would McPhilips be anywhere near ready to step into the first? In terms of other options, could the IRFU make a bid to bring Madigan back? Steenson? Super Rugby NIQ?

For Ireland it looks threadbare now going into the AIs. Sexton, Carbery, who is next in line? Madigan? Jack Carty/JJ Hanrahan/Ross Bryne? Bleyendaal in 2018?

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:53 pm

It's not good to make any assumptions but is it true that these cases are brought to trial to show they are taken seriously, but are rarely convicted because it's hard to prove. Is that not true?i feel like it's something I've heard.
Needless to say, if they are guilty, I hope the evidence is there to show it. I in no way hope for a lack if evidence just for sake of rugby.
A heinous crime if indeed it was.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 26 Jul 2017, 4:23 am

clivemcl wrote:It's not good to make any assumptions but is it true that these cases are brought to trial to show they are taken seriously, but are rarely convicted because it's hard to prove. Is that not true?i feel like it's something I've heard.
Needless to say, if they are guilty, I hope the evidence is there to show it. I in no way hope for a lack if evidence just for sake of rugby.

the Irish are a pretty litigious lot, as we saw with Sam Cane last year its guilty until proven innocent.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Wed 26 Jul 2017, 4:36 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
clivemcl wrote:It's not good to make any assumptions but is it true that these cases are brought to trial to show they are taken seriously, but are rarely convicted because it's hard to prove. Is that not true?i feel like it's something I've heard.

the Irish are a pretty litigious lot, as we saw with Sam Cane last year its guilty until proven innocent.

You are a classy gent comparing a r*** case to legitimate complaints over a tackle. Think before you type.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:43 am

Marshes wrote:If the two lads are innocent of the charges, I hope they can get back to rugby as soon as possible a bit wiser. If they are guilty then I hope they get the time they deserve. It doesn't look too promising from how it has progressed.

In rugby terms, its a hammer blow to Ulster and Ireland. For Ulster, would McPhilips be anywhere near ready to step into the first? In terms of other options, could the IRFU make a bid to bring Madigan back? Steenson? Super Rugby NIQ?

For Ireland it looks threadbare now going into the AIs. Sexton, Carbery, who is next in line? Madigan? Jack Carty/JJ Hanrahan/Ross Bryne? Bleyendaal in 2018?

Will Sexton even be ready for November given the number of injuries he played with for the Lions?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:46 am

marty2086 wrote:
Marshes wrote:If the two lads are innocent of the charges, I hope they can get back to rugby as soon as possible a bit wiser. If they are guilty then I hope they get the time they deserve. It doesn't look too promising from how it has progressed.

Will Sexton even be ready for November given the number of injuries he played with for the Lions?

Apparently sexton has started some sort of pre season

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:54 am

carpet baboon wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Apparently sexton has started some sort of pre season

The mans insane

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:01 am

To be honest I couldn't give a toss about the international problems resulting from this. It's Ulster I care about and if the Munstercentric IRFU cannot see fit to help us out then the season's in a lot of bother already. These cases, although rarely convicted, can take a long time to come to an end. The IRFU left us without Ruan and now off field events have left us without our 1st choice out half. Time for the IRFU to step up for us and save our season. Without help we could be playing catch up far beyond 2018.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

They'd better have some good biscuits...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:17 am

munkian wrote:They'd  better have some good biscuits...

No HobNobs. Custard creams needed.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Haha what a bitter loser you are.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:36 am

Pete330v2 wrote:
munkian wrote:They'd  better have some good biscuits...

No HobNobs. Custard creams needed.

Ulster Rugby 2017-18 - Page 2 Origin10

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

Hobnobs should be at least top tier.

Mikado/Kimberly are I am a twonk of the highest order awful.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:57 am

munkian wrote:Hobnobs should be at least top tier.

Got to love the auto text converter...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:59 am

Pete330v2 wrote:To be honest I couldn't give a toss about the international problems resulting from this. It's Ulster I care about and if the Munstercentric IRFU cannot see fit to help us out then the season's in a lot of bother already. These cases, although rarely convicted, can take a long time to come to an end. The IRFU left us without Ruan and now off field events have left us without our 1st choice out half. Time for the IRFU to step up for us and save our season. Without help we could be playing catch up far beyond 2018.

Fair enough on all points, a real balls up by the powers that be, but given that we have just lost the heir apparent to Sexton for the season I would imagine the IRFU would scramble to get someone who is IQ in ASAP, and that could mean a very limited pool.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:01 am

lostinwales wrote:
munkian wrote:Hobnobs should be at least top tier.

Got to love the auto text converter...

Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:09 am

Marshes wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:To be honest I couldn't give a toss about the international problems resulting from this. It's Ulster I care about and if the Munstercentric IRFU cannot see fit to help us out then the season's in a lot of bother already. These cases, although rarely convicted, can take a long time to come to an end. The IRFU left us without Ruan and now off field events have left us without our 1st choice out half. Time for the IRFU to step up for us and save our season. Without help we could be playing catch up far beyond 2018.

Fair enough on all points, a real balls up by the powers that be, but given that we have just lost the heir apparent to Sexton for the season I would imagine the IRFU would scramble to get someone who is IQ in ASAP, and that could mean a very limited pool.

Who out there is IQ and available? Unless the IRFU/Ulster are willing buy out a contract it's unlikely to happen, they'll need to go down the NIQ route and even then it will be a struggle to get someone of quality unless you get someone from Super Rugby or Japan on a short term deal hoping Jacksons back before the years out

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

Is McPhillips good enough? Might be worth just blooding someone with potential through now rather than relying on stop-gaps.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:38 am

marty2086 wrote:
Marshes wrote:

Who out there is IQ and available? Unless the IRFU/Ulster are willing buy out a contract it's unlikely to happen, they'll need to go down the NIQ route and even then it will be a struggle to get someone of quality unless you get someone from Super Rugby or Japan on a short term deal hoping Jacksons back before the years out

Of the required quality I honestly don't know. Names that spring to mind are Madigan, Steenson, Keatley, Hanrahan, Ross Bryne, but it would certainly be a step down wherever is looked at. As Rory says below the IRFU could have the mind set that they don't potentially want a year of lost development on a stop gap.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:08 pm

This smacks of the exact same thing as the Ched Evans case. Trust me this could get very messy for these boys, if prior convictions are to go by then these boys could well be facing a sentence.

Look what happened with the Adam Johnson case.

Young lads, they seriously need some guidance, we all know how cynical the world is at the minute. I just hope that these kids are not set up to be made an example of.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:21 pm

To replace Marnitz Boshoff, Connacht just signed, Andrew Deegan which isn't the same level of signing.

It worries me if thats the best they can do, at this late notice can we do better?

Don't know anything about these but, Peter Grant of Western Force may become available seams like a decent player, SA player won't be picked up by the other Oz Teams.
Or Jackson Garden-Bachop is in the same boat. A New Zealander in an OZ team that may not have a future.

Anyone know if they are any good, Jackson Garden-Bachop at 22 could be signed as a project (IRFU may make a special case for Ulster to have a project FH)
Peter Grant at 32 would be cover for a year.

I don't think there is hope of Steenson, Ross Byrne, Madigan

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

This smacks of the exact same thing as the Ched Evans case. Trust me this could get very messy for these boys, if prior convictions are to go by then these boys could well be facing a sentence.

Look what happened with the Adam Johnson case.

Young lads, they seriously need some guidance, we all know how cynical the world is at the minute. I just hope that these kids are not set up to be made an example of.

clives point I believe is, that if it comes down to he said, she said and consent, then it usually fails to meet the standard of beyond a reasonable doubt.

In Johnsons case, there was evidence of him admitting to the charges.

We don't know the evidence in this case but it seems it will probably all be very public soon

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:29 pm

Madigan won't swap big money at Bristol for Ulster.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:04 pm

Why is everyone so worried? It has been known since last Autumn when Jackson missed the Chicago game how serious the allegations were. There has been ample time since for Bryn to make contingency plans knowing the probability that this would happen, so assuming he is not completely incompetent, everyone should keep calm and carry on.

Bryn will probably have a few old boys lined up and he has plenty to choose from: Mike Stanley, Sam Windsor, Niall O'Connor and James McKinney all spring to mind...
... but of course the most obvious old boy was still at the province last autumn. Bryn must have made the case to Nucifora that keeping Ruan would be prudent planning for such an eventuality, rather than having to throw a green fly half into the ring and risk ruining their long term development? When Nucifora calmed down he probably said - 'hmmm not a bad idea, you can have Cooney'.

So that's Bryn's plan B - Marshall at 9 and Cooney at 10...

OK, OK! Time to hit the red button!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm

Thanks for that Aukster, now I'm getting my first ever palpitation.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 2:55 pm

Sure if Gloucester have a poor start to the season Humphreys Sr. may be free Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 3:02 pm

marty2086 wrote:Sure if Gloucester have a poor start to the season Humphreys Sr. may be free Whistle

Don't mention that name in case Humphreys Jr hears

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 3:19 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Sure if Gloucester have a poor start to the season Humphreys Sr. may be free Whistle

Don't mention that name in case Humphreys Jr hears

He'll be one of the first to know about the need for a new 10, he works for CornerflagEsportif

Put his own name at the top of the list with Paddy Wallace 2nd

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 26 Jul 2017, 4:41 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:What with the Super rugby coming to an end perhaps there'll be a talented Kiwi 10 that'll be allowed a short term stay to help us out........oh no wait we're not Munster.

Ye lot can have Keatley Very Happy

Seriously though, it is very late in the day to find a replacement for Paddy. It just compounds the awful decision to force Pienaar out, the main player responsible for getting Paddy to the level he is at. I am sure if he would have stayed, he could have helped develop another 10 to a good level for Ulster.

Does not seem like a very good season awaits Ulster now.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 26 Jul 2017, 5:49 pm

McCloskey is a decent place kicker. If he can nail down the 12 shirt it could take a bit of pressure of a young 10.

Yes it's taken me all day to try and find some sort of ray of light, I will grant you it's not that bright a light

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

Didn't Cooney do a lot of Goal kicking? Would be likely he would do the kicking now wouldn't it?
Tbh Ulster have 4 options at for that 9/10 combo if they sign no one and none of them are great

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

It's time to blood the young guns. Let McPhillips and Lowry loose. Isn't Lowry being vaunted as the next big thing? Leinster blooded their kids and look what happened.
Caution needs tossing to the wind in desperate times and who knows, it might be the making of the new alternative Ulster.

Apparently bakebook's going mad to sign Steenson. That lad wouldn't relieve himself on us if we were on fire.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Apparently bakebook's going mad to sign Steenson. That lad wouldn't relieve himself on us if we were on fire.

I bet its the same bunch who were saying a few months ago Ulster are idiots for not being able to get him to sign and become Jacksons backup with the reasoning being, why wouldn't he want to?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Jul 2017, 12:31 am

Well, the Jackson/Olding case makes letting Pienaar go look worse. They should have been given the right to anonymity until proven guilty considering the long term effect the accusations can have. If it is like the Johnson case, they should never come back. If it is like the Ched Evans case, this could go either way. If it is like the Kobe case, they should be welcomed with open arms.

Ulster are a big side and should have the resources to bring in someone if the IRFU let them. Would someone like Handre Pollard be available? Can't imagine he feels like he owes much to the SARU after how they handled his ACL injury and the union are strapped for cash.

I thought the Cane thing was a reference to the Chiefs end of year party...

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:01 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:What with the Super rugby coming to an end perhaps there'll be a talented Kiwi 10 that'll be allowed a short term stay to help us out........oh no wait we're not Munster.

Ye lot can have Keatley Very Happy

Seriously though, it is very late in the day to find a replacement for Paddy. It just compounds the awful decision to force Pienaar out, the main player responsible for getting Paddy to the level he is at. I am sure if he would have stayed, he could have helped develop another 10 to a good level for Ulster.

Does not seem like a very good season awaits Ulster now.

Right now I'd take Keatley in a heartbeat, and he needs Ulster to complete his provincial set!

Keeping Pienaar would have been the sensible thing to do but it has become increasingly obvious that sense is not a word that the IRFU understand - they couldn't by definition as they are senseless!

Regarding the place kicking duties, Robert Lyttle is probably the most talented, but Cooney and Nelson are both decent standard, and McPhillips would be ahead of LMarshall and McCloskey. However they all will be like PJ was two seasons ago - hit and miss.

The half backs should probably be Cooney - Nelson with Luke at 12 to offer a 2nd 5/8 option. Does anyone know the status of Angus Lloyd?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:09 pm

Your old boy Rory Scholes just left Edinburgh today with a year of his contract still to run.

It never really worked out for him over there, seemingly he did not impress the previous coaches, who hardly played him, nor Cockers, who appears to have binned him.

He came over highly rated and with a general gnashing of teeth from the Ulster posters. Paraphrasing the famous George Best quote, 'where did it all go wrong?'

Is he likely to come back to Ulster?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

Scholes dug a hole for himself, he went to Edinburgh to play 15 when he was at his best on the wing and I think he ended up in the centre at one point

Don't think theres room for him at Ulster with Trimble, Piutau, Stockdale, Bowe, Ludik and Gilroy plus some youngr guys in Lyttle, Owens and Busby too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm

Sorry if I have missed this in all the posts. But I have just been reading in the news that both Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding will now miss the whole season.

Is this true ?

Ulster will struggle to finish in the playoffs without replacing those two if the story is true.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:11 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Sorry if I have missed this in all the posts. But I have just been reading in the news that both Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding will now miss the whole season.

Is this true ?

Ulster will struggle to finish in the playoffs without replacing those two if the story is true.

There is no way of knowing really. They could both be cleared before Christmas (unlikely) or they could both be finished as professional rugby players and have to serve a jail sentence if found guilty. Who knows what will happen. I will just say that I wouldn't be surprised if they did miss the whole season.

Frankly I'm not as bothered about Olding - he was average last season and is replaceable. Jackson isn't, for Ulster or for Ireland.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:13 pm

And might I just add I'm speaking in purely rugby terms, in case I'm accused of lack of tact or anything. Until the facts come out regarding the case, I can't comment on what did or did not take place and I will stick with "innocent until proven guilty".

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

Hi Rory, now I know that my fellow Welsh brethren on here do not like this news outlet, but this is where I read it you will have to alter the *** on the link:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/paddy-jackson-stuart-olding-r***-13386100

Que the red bars from people on here for posting this link. But here is the bit that caught my eye:-

Given the length of time court proceedings take in Northern Ireland, it is likely both will miss the entirety of the coming season. wrote:

Which kind of ties in with what you were saying.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:52 pm

It should all become clear next month how long they will initially be out for when they are up in court.

Saying it will be all season is too simplistic as each case is different, a trial could happen in a matter of months or it could take longer.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Hi Rory, now I know that my fellow Welsh brethren on here do not like this news outlet, but this is where I read it you will have to alter the *** on the link:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/paddy-jackson-stuart-olding-r***-13386100

Que the red bars from people on here for posting this link. But here is the bit that caught my eye:-

Which kind of ties in with what you were saying.

Yeah, I think RTE said the same. And don't worry, I'm not a fan of the newspaper bigotry brigade.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

Anyone who simply talks about how long the trial may or may not last needs to consider their words carefully. This line of thought and discussion implies that the trial will be the end of their absence. It implies they are innocent.
Any discussion on it should be thought of as MINIMUM time of absence.

To be totally blunt here, and as sad as it makes me, UR need to start planning for the worse.

But hey, UR do have a history of squandering a few seasons for supposed long term gain - case in point - the waiting for the coming Kiss.

For me, we need to start looking for a new high quality number 10. If we ever get Jackson back having been found innocent we will call it a blessing.

I'm not presuming guilt, I'm just saying you could come across badly for presuming innocence (or to put it another way -presuming the girl is lying about being raped).

I'd like to see UR looking for a full replacement, not a stop gap, nor the blooding of an inadequate youngster.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:08 pm

clivemcl wrote:I'm just saying you could come across badly for presuming innocence

Welcome to the United Kingdom, Clive, where our legal system is based on the presumption of innocence.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:23 pm

BigGee wrote:Your old boy Rory Scholes just left Edinburgh today with a year of his contract still to run.

It never really worked out for him over there, seemingly he did not impress the previous coaches, who hardly played him, nor Cockers, who appears to have binned him.

He came over highly rated and with a general gnashing of teeth from the Ulster posters. Paraphrasing the famous George Best quote, 'where did it all go wrong?'

That doesn't look too good for him. He was linked with Tigers before joining Edinburgh. If Cockers has binned him having previously looked to sign him I'd guess attitude may be a problem.

Leaving aside legal issues (it's horrible all round) where are Ulster going to get a front line flyhalf during pre season?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:47 pm

BigGee wrote:Your old boy Rory Scholes just left Edinburgh today with a year of his contract still to run.

Is there a link to this? Not good at all.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 27 Jul 2017, 9:35 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Is there a link to this? Not good at all.

I was reading about that at the end of last season. He's looking at a career in banking I seem to remember.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next