The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher

+14
navyblueshorts
robopz
puligny
I'm never wrong
pedro
beninho
Davie
wiretapper
super_realist
raycastleunited
Roller_Coaster
Be_the_ball
GPB
kwinigolfer
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:42 pm

1).Let's start though with the US Open. Rather like Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka has all the "tools", at least when he's putting well, and perhaps in hindsight Erin Hills was made for him. Even though ultimately the dominating manner of his back-nine sprint away from the field was a surprise.
He's the seventh consecutive first-time Major winner and, apart from Stenson, I'd say the most impressive. And I'd also say as likely as anyone to earn a second Major pretty darn soon.

2).Along with Koepka, Erin Hills was the star of the show - hit or miss?
After the foreboding beforehand, the players seemed to love the course; some tut-tutting about the width of the fairways, and whether the set-up turned the US Open into a PGA, or even an Open Championship without wind, but consensus suggested they'd be in favour of returning, though that's unlikely for at least ten years.
Purely as an armchair spectator I didn't think the course flowed that well, especially as the set-up on some holes changed from day to day.
The USGA certainly didn't get the weather they bargained for, but Wisconsin in mid-June is never likely to be as firm and fast as they'd want. We haven't heard much about Chambers Bay since the 2015 fiasco, so it'll be interesting to hear what the USGA has to say in the next few weeks.

3).Did we learn anything about favourite golfers during the week? The loss of Johnson, McIlroy, Stenson, Scott, Day, Rose, Rahm etc on Friday suggests the course takes some learning and don't think I'd read too much into their missed cuts.
Justin Thomas and Rickie Fowler will be disappointed in their final result, but you can't take their best rounds away from them; they'll be back.

4).Was impressed by Tommy Fleetwood, matched Koepka in everything but length until the very end. Dodgy shots didn't seem to faze him and hope that form continues.
Snedeker played well and he's a bit of a streak player - could quite fancy him this week.
Lingmerth another streaky golfer who is worth watching.
And Well Done to Eddie Pepperell; to go from losing your card to 16th in the US Open is pretty stout.
Russell Henley fell asleep on the back nine Sunday, plus 8 over 4 holes, otherwise he'd've been in line for a top ten. Good player, getting better fast.

5).The US TV coverage was awful; they never seemed to get their audio right except for the self-inflating anchor, Joe Buck. Quite funny at the end when he mis-identified Koepka's piece of skirt - reminds me of long ago US TV Football commentaries when the t0ssp0t commentator in an LA studio was obviously doing his work with a Rothmans Football Yearbook open on his lap!
Anyway, Azinger who's so good usually was often muffled (or perhaps muzzled) and the on-course hacks' sound was even worse. No flow, incapable of properly telling the story.

6).This week is the final chance to earn exemption to the Open Championship via the:
~Top 20 FedEx points, not otherwise exempt: Harman, Steele, Henley, Hughes are the potential qualifiers right now. Swafford next in line & Charley Hoffman, always seemingly the odd man out, needs a big finish. He's up to #49 in the owgr's but looks likely to miss out.
~Top 20 Race To Dubai not otherwise exempt: Levy, Zanotti, Larrazabal, Fritelli, Lipsky in the qualifying places right now, with Burmester, Eddie Molinari, Storm, Dunners needing top results this week.

7).So, on to Hartford, Connecticut, The Travelers Championship and TPC River Highlands and one of the year's shortest courses, about 6,850 yards. The course received a facelift last year but wasn't lengthened - there's only a couple of places for extra yards, but it's still a decent test despite Furyk's 58 in the fourth round last year. Conditions then were perfect and very well could be this Thursday as well, warm, not much wind and the course has been softened by recent rain.

8).Bubba Watson has won twice here (and so has Mickelson), but then short hitters Duke and, last year, Russell Knox have won also.
Justin Thomas rocketed up last year's leaderboard with a Sunday 62 and, if there's one thing we've learned this year, Justin can go low.
The field has its high spots, McIlroy, Day, Spieth, Thomas, Reed, Power, but this also represents something of golf's version of the dog days of summer, with Hartford followed by the Quicken Loans, Greenbrier and John Deere, largely playing second fiddle, for European interests anyway, to action in Europe.
There's no Shane Lowry, no Andrew Johnston and no Soren Kjeldsen and their run at the FedEx play-offs is in serious trouble. The Open Championship will give them all a chance, and Soren and Shane will certainly be in the PGA, but all three must wonder where their "double dipping" will get them. Johnston never seemed to commit himself to the Tour, not sure where his career goes now.

9).Furyk is grouped with Harman and McIlroy for Rounds 1 and 2, so that will offer contrasting styles!
Harrington is back from his injury - always a very popular figure at The Travelers; haven't heard if he's applying for a medical "extension" but presumably he will.
In a nice twist of coincidence, journeyman Bob Heintz used to be a regular here, but if anyone's going to squeeze a 57 variety I'd go for Thomas.

10).Don't have much of a sense of a likely winner, but I'd kinda fancy the chances of Sneds, Berger and possibly Harris English (each way), as he seems to have finally woken up.
Looking forward to following the Round 1 action.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by GPB Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 pm

FTR, If Beef doesn't play the requisite 15 events, he will not be eligible to play the WTF playoffs.

Earlier this year, he entered (but did not have enough status) to play several events which I thought possibly could have counted towards his total.

He is at 11 events, and skipping this week means he only has 8 weeks to play 4 more events.

Rory has to play 7 more events after this week, and assuming he doesn't play any more regular events, it means he has to play the Tour Championship to get his 15 events.  I suspect Jay Monahan will capitulate if Rory asks for a waiver because of injuries and a wedding.

No other multi-tour pros appear to have an 15 tournament issue.

Edit: Other than Willett of course

GPB

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: 58 Last Year in Hartford - Can I Hear 57?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by GPB Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Kwini: Regarding Whats next for Bones that you asked in the other thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a foot soldier job with one of the TV networks.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Great stuff Kwini, last week did fizzle out a bit, but fair play the Koepka he played the best golf when it counted. I was a bit disappointed with Fowler dropping his head fairly early on in R4, he's too young and good to be getting down on himself.

Bones would be good in the commentary box I'd imagine, he's been at the top for so long he must have seen it all. Always came across as classier than Williams, who now seems to think his career was hindered by Woods.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Good point about the commentary gig thumbsup he and John Wood were very insightful during their experimental audition last year.
Both would be an asset, especially to FOX.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:24 am

Bones for TV, that sounds like a good idea I'd like to hear his thoughts from time to time.

Ahh, Williams. To be fair, the way he wiped and passed over that 8 iron in the 2008 US Open. Magical. Does anyone remember the wonderful groove clean and 4 iron pass at Hoylake? What a legend, certainly no better divot replacer I can recall, and raconteur? Black ass? Magnifique.

naughty naughty boy.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am

Ah, so "ass" comes through and yet to55er is naughty naughty boy.

If only Williams had made the swear filter...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:50 am

Be_the_ball wrote:
Bones would be good in the commentary box I'd imagine, he's been at the top for so long he must have seen it all. Always came across as classier than Williams

I think EVERYONE comes across as classier than Williams.

From his own website: "Together Tiger and I won 84 tournaments around the world including 13 major championships". We all know that without Williams' help Tiger would have only won one major.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am

How many trophies have Williams name on them? None.

I wish these planks would keep quiet and people like Spieth and Willet should stop encouraging them with the constant "we" references.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:57 am

Sky sports commentary is pretty good in general some better than others but since I follow the PGA tour on social media I got to hear some of the fox stuff on clips and I have never been so glad to have sky sports as my option.

Although I did see Ken Brown's name appear on screen during the coverage - although never heard him in any clips. Did fox use him much? Was he any cop?

As for Beef, Ewan Murray mentioned in commentary - and I think Rich Beem backed him up - that Beef was now back living in the UK full time and was planning to spend the rest of the season concentraing on the European tour as that is where he feels most comfortable. If the case - barring an exceptional Open - it looks like his PGA tour career is already over.

Kwini are you heading to Hartford this week? I know you said you have been previously.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Ken Brown was an on-course commentator, but Fox had their audio messed up; everyone besides the (w)anchor sounded as if they had a sock over their mic, Juli Inkster and Ken Brown more like a head-cover. All the on-course guys, plus Azinger & Fax at times, were largely unintelligible.

Beef started out as if he didn't understand the dynamics of his conditional membership status, his schedule seldom made sense and he hasn't played well enough to overcome the hole he dug himself

Heading down to Hartford this afternoon; usually try to attend the first two days, but just Thursday this week. Hoping to follow at least nine holes of Rory; never seen him except on the practice green.
Usually try to watch some of the young guys as well, looking forward to it. Every European Tour Director could learn lessons from The Travelers event, a wonderful spectating experience from parking your car to leaving the premises in the evening. Can't speak highly enough of it all (just don't tell GPB).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 pm

super_realist wrote:How many trophies have Williams name on them? None.

I wish these planks would keep quiet and people like Spieth and Willet should stop encouraging them with the constant "we" references.

Again I think you are mixing things up super

I see nothing wrong with players heaping praise on their caddies (and occasionally criticism as long as it's not just a bad workman blaming his tools)

On the other hand, caddies heaping praise on themselves .... which is what we were talking about

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Ken Brown was an on-course commentator, but Fox had their audio messed up; everyone besides the (w)anchor sounded as if they had a sock over their mic, Juli Inkster and Ken Brown more like a head-cover. All the on-course guys, plus Azinger & Fax at times, were largely unintelligible.

Beef started out as if he didn't understand the dynamics of his conditional membership status, his schedule seldom made sense and he hasn't played well enough to overcome the hole he dug himself

How does this happen? I can understand Fox having an issue on Thursday morning, did they not fix it over the 4 days? Shocking!

Potentially you're being a bit harsh on beef. Has he committed himself to the PGA Tour at any point? His success opened up some doors for him to play in the US, maybe he decided to dip his toe in the water and play a few tournaments to see if he enjoyed life on the US Tour. Getting the requisite number of starts / points may never have been an objective for him this season.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:26 pm

ray,
That's very true about Beef although one is inclined to think that, if he goes to the trouble of playing (most of) the web.com finals, which is basically the nouveau Q-School, he'd try and give it a committed whirl. As it is, it seems he hasn't really done that.
No problem with that, provided it's all by design and not default.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Wasn't the issue with Beef the fact he had such a low standing on the PGA tour, he played some events early doros, and never really did much, then he missed all the bigger events as he was so far down the list. He has status in europe and im guessing is qualified for the Open.

If he had played well then his situation may have been different, but he is hardly a world star, but it was worth a go for him surely?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Yes, he was top 10 last year

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:36 pm

ben,
One reason his "status" was so low is that he didn't try to beef it up by playing all the web.com final tournaments or early season Tour events - only played the WGC before the end of January and the season was 20% history by then.
"Worth a go" for sure, but he just didn't really give it a go.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Does that mean you are travelling there and back the same day Kwini? Impressive going if so.

Although in Scotland I live closer to Birkdale than you do to Hartford but I'll be watching the entire Open from the comfort of my sofa.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Nah,
Go down tonight, stay locally, on the first tee @ 7.00 a.m., back after play tomorrow. Home by 11.00 #hatespeedlimits!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I see that 3M are offering proposals to upgrade their Champions Tour event in the Minneapolis are to a full PGA Tour tournament.
Realistically, because of climate, that can't happen much before the US Open or after late September so perhaps they've sussed out a weak link among the Tour's summer sponsors? Quicken Loans?? The event that Tiger originally invented seems to have lost its lustre.
Otherwise, perhaps it could be a Play-Off entry, but that wouldn't fit with the notion of Play-Off tournaments being reduced from 4 to 3.

Amid the speculation is the sense that the Tour's current sponsorship situation is pretty solid, apart from "Houston" and Colonial.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Re. the 3M tournament: So you're saying there's a risk players will just post-it in?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:22 pm

pedro wrote:Re. the 3M tournament: So you're saying there's a risk players will just post-it in?
Scotch that thought.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:
pedro wrote:Re. the 3M tournament: So you're saying there's a risk players will just post-it in?
Scotch that thought.
They'll air it on tape delay.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:23 pm

For those who want it, Rory available to watch for a bit on the red button on Sky

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:29 pm

In which case Kwini may be making his debut on sky red button - said he was going to follow Rory for 9 today. Look out for the chap doing press ups by various greens and tees, and wearing a blue and white rosette!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 pm

After each tee shot we'll hear kwini shouting: 'Baba booey. Trump's da man!'

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 am

super_realist wrote:How many trophies have Williams name on them? None.

something we agree on

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 am

kwinigolfer wrote:I see that 3M are offering proposals to upgrade their Champions Tour event in the Minneapolis are to a full PGA Tour tournament.
Realistically, because of climate, that can't happen much before the US Open or after late September so perhaps they've sussed out a weak link among the Tour's summer sponsors? Quicken Loans?? The event that Tiger originally invented seems to have lost its lustre.
Otherwise, perhaps it could be a Play-Off entry, but that wouldn't fit with the notion of Play-Off  tournaments being reduced from 4 to 3.

Amid the speculation is the sense that the Tour's current sponsorship situation is pretty solid, apart from "Houston" and Colonial.
Quickens 4-year sponsor commitment to the "national" ends next week. Not heard anything about a renewal yet. Wouldn't surprise me if they bailed or took another event like Houston. Not to pile on, but if the supposed tournament host, management company owner and charity namesake can't keep himself healthy enough physically or mentally to attend his own event... Then why should a sponsor want to? Besides, with the Rolex series up and going, the prospect for any decent dual tour players or even decent numbers of top PGAT players is basically shot for the QL, Greenbrier.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 am

If I'm Bones... I'm making a call to Maverick McNealy first to find out if he's going pro... absent that, if Hossler gets status that would do. IMO Bones could do a newbie a world of good.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am

Shouting "play up Pompey" seemed quite refined!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:42 am

I reckon - based on nothing - Bones will take an easier route. Made for TV at least short term.
No sign of Joe LaCava (spelling?) seeking gainful employment?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:55 am

Italy(2) Argentina, Ireland, Norway, England, Sweden and Australia make up the last 8 at Amateur Championship. Harry Ellis the England rep, and former English Am champion. Toasting from Argentina so far roasting everyone in knockou, and Chiancetti from Italy is probably the most highly regarded based on reputation.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:Bones for TV, that sounds like a good idea I'd like to hear his thoughts from time to time.

Ahh, Williams. To be fair, the way he wiped and passed over that 8 iron in the 2008 US Open. Magical. Does anyone remember the wonderful groove clean and 4 iron pass at Hoylake? What a legend, certainly no better divot replacer I can recall, and raconteur? Black ass? Magnifique.

naughty naughty boy.
Laugh Yes, what would the World be w/o Williams? Better, probably.

Great write-up, as usual, Kwini. Many thanks.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Watched almost all of Rory's round, an easy 64 turned into a 67, ball-striking fantastic, but three very short missed putts - one of which would have been careless to a 36-handicapper - slowed him down.
Very fun group with Furyk & Harman, all played well and all having a good time by the looks of it.

No press-ups as medical staff would have had to get me up from the first attempt.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Kwini... quick note on Harrington.... Yes he will be entitled to a "Medical" for his injury earlier this year, but it will have a few differences... A "Major" medical requires being out 4 months continuously... Since Harrington was out 3 months he qualifies for a "Minor" Medical.

The differences are primarily "Minor Meds" are a lower priority category below the Web-Com category. The other difference is "Minors" extensions don't carry over as long as "Majors". But that probably won't affect Harrington as long as he got those starts in during the 2017-18 season.

On the plus side...

• Paddy will get an allocation of events the same as a Major Medical which is based on the available events during the time he missed... so he should have a good number of events to work with if he needs them.

• Harrington playing out of the lower Minor medical category shouldn't be an issue for him as he can probably get plenty of SE's if priority doesn't go that low. For some "no-name" guy, its a lot harder to get those starts, plus a lot of them are in ALT events with lower points, thus making the task of meeting the medical potentially more difficult.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Watched almost all of Rory's round, an easy 64 turned into a 67, ball-striking fantastic, but three very short missed putts - one of which would have been careless to a 36-handicapper - slowed him down.
Very fun group with Furyk & Harman, all played well and all having a good time by the looks of it.

No press-ups as medical staff would have had to get me up from the first attempt.
Who are you looking to follow today? Have a great time out there.... :-)

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:52 pm

robopz wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Watched almost all of Rory's round, an easy 64 turned into a 67, ball-striking fantastic, but three very short missed putts - one of which would have been careless to a 36-handicapper - slowed him down.

Who are you looking to follow today?  Have a great time out there.... :-)

Hi robo,
Had to come home last night, apparently domestic commitments drumpf golf tournaments.
But had a great day yesterday; also watched 15 holes of Finau and 9 of Lovemark/Hoffman (very impressive). Unfortunately afternoon marred by Cody Gribble (tantrum of the day) and Andrew Loupe, both embarrassingly bad.
Finau's short game was terrible, seems to have regressed since we followed him 2 years ago. Lovemark must hit it as far, but a very unappealing character to watch, looked as he'd rather be home with his feet up, screw the paying public, but Hoffmann seems a good guy, played beautifully the holes that we were with him.

Thanks for Padraig update and Quicken Loans insight. I don't think Harrington has used a career earnings exemption has he? He played well yesterday, saw him hit a few shots and still as popular in Hartford as ever.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Kwini... no Harrington has not used a career exemption... at #41 career money he has a top-50 exemption available... He's got only 8-9 active players within $4 million behind him so that exemption will probably be available to him at least in the 2018-2019 season... possibly another season or two after that... all depends on how much money he makes himself in the next couple of years. (He's age 45)

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Padraig's birthday is Aug 31st, so you'd think that's four full seasons he might want to play if possible. He seems to have somehow got by a hiccup in his career from three or four years ago and seems a bit rejuvenated. Nothing left to prove, just enjoy yourself Padraig!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 pm

England v Australia in final of Am tomorrow. What a double of English and British that would be for Harry Ellis. Hope that hasn't jinxed him c'mon Hampshire!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Where does Harry Ellis play, puligny?
His Florida State (Azinger, Koepka, Sluman among its Major winning alumni) record doesn't suggest such progress.

It looks a bit breezier in Hartford today, scores not as good as Round 1, not yet anyway.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Does anyone else remember when 300 yard drives were amazing? Rory has hit a 390 and a 350 plus yard drives in a few holes.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:Does anyone else remember when 300 yard drives were amazing? Rory has hit a 390 and a 350 plus yard drives in a few holes.

Mind boggling INW. Shocked

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Kwini- Meon Valley, but how much/how often I don't know. Nice lad and highly regarde. Some good am wins.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Could be a bit misleading Inw, with the wind as it is he's able to drive over some doglegs and I imagine they track back from the green. But still . . . . !
Would be even better if he could hole some putts.

Rory's only one under on 3 par-5's so far this week, and hasn't birdied any of the very short par-4's, 0 for 3. Must do that on this course.

puligny,
Some good Hants talent that you're inspiring . . . . . . . thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Best yet to come - look out for J Sundborg! Also Jack Singh Brar was Hants now at Remedy. VG!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 pm

puligny wrote:Best yet to come - look out for J Sundborg! Also Jack Singh  Brar was Hants now at Remedy. VG!

Is Sundborg from the IOW? Great memories of cricket tours over there but don't remember golf courses!

Rory playing as untidy a game today as he was on point (give or take a putt or three) yesterday when he really hit it beautifully.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 pm

For once I'm agreeing with that Simon chap on Sky. He's saying for Rory to not make any mistakes and get to the weekend for some reps. (Not quite the words he used....)
Might have a chance by driving the green.....

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Kwini, yes IO W or PO S as Mrs P would say - you can take the girl out of Pompey ...................!!!!
Shanklin and Sandown best but there are a few including 9holers.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Squeaky bum time for Rory.  Unfortunate slip there on 18.

Haven't seen too much of Martin Laird this year so far,  not making the cut but doing ok in the FedEx Cup at 64th. I always thought I'd be delighted if Seamus Power could emulate the Laird. Solid tour card with maybe a sneaky win here or there.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next