The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference - 5th June

+3
BamBam
Trebs
Hero
7 posters

Go down

Press Conference - 5th June Empty Press Conference - 5th June

Post by Hero Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm

1.    Which team apart from your own do you think has strengthened the most and you’d expect to be challenging for the title?
2.    Which individual transfer buy of your own were you most happy to bring in?
3.    Which transfer surprised you the most so far?
4.    Which RL manager do you think you’re most like in regards to transfers and tactics?
5.    Would you like to see a U23 cup involved during this season?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Press Conference - 5th June Empty Re: Press Conference - 5th June

Post by Hero Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:58 am

1. Nadz has brought in a lot of youth that's usually my aim, stole quite a march on me in fact. Tranq though has gone for experience and I can see him dominating early on whilst others await TM increases.
2. Probably should say Bakayoko but I'm hoping Vinicius Jr gets a rise soon on TM to reflect his transfer to Real, just hope they don't wait until 2018 to do it! Overall though it's been more a mix of decent talent rather than a Wow one.
3. Mbappe for 30m, that's a big set of balls on Bam.
4. Someone like Klopp, invests in youth and scouting talent but can get found out tactically at times as you know how to play against them.
5. Yes please.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:03 am

1. I don't know. I've not strengthened my own side as much as I'd have liked to so I'm certainly not in the running. Some good buys from Olly and Nadz is always a bit of a wild card.

2. I'm looking forward to the next player I bring in more than those I've already got.

3. Mbappe for 30m straight up is a bold move.

4. Often my transfers get questioned, so perhaps not a Harry Redknapp wheeler dealer. I like to think that I'm someone who can think differently to others, think outside the box. I'll say Louis can Gaal as he's my favourite real life manager.

5. Introduction a cup in season 2 would be better IMO.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:23 am

1. I like the look of Nads signings - happy ish with mine but obviously dependant on Mbappe not being injured

2. Mbappe just to have him, but pleased to have got Dembele and Locatelli on the cheap too

3. I thought Rashford would be cheaper than that, but nothing else is a real surprise

4. Jose - usually build from the back, but this time went out and signed the big name striker

5. No, Hero will cruise it angel

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:31 am

New Swansea Manager Fluxy spoke with BBC Radio Wales in a short interview, ahead of the start of the new JAV2 season.

1.    Which team apart from your own do you think has strengthened the most and you’d expect to be challenging for the title?
"Being a relative newbie in this league, it would be hard to judge for me who has an edge. I suspect that the results after three games will reveal the truth. However, I would plump for Torino with their experience in the spine of the team at the moment."

2.    Which individual transfer buy of your own were you most happy to bring in?

"Not being as active as I would have liked in the market, has meant that we could not bring in the talent that I had hoped at one stage. Although I believe we will be delighted with the acquisitions of [Josh] King and [Harry] MaGuire. Both are talented young men with a lot of potential. I was also pleased to persuade Tom [Davies] to make the move to Wales with us. 

3.    Which transfer surprised you the most so far?

"Not sure there was one to be surprised at exactly, however Bakayoko will be one that draws a few plaudits. A good friend of mine, Bam probably made the best signing with Mbappe, as long as he remains injury free and can keep the vultures from signing him!"

4.    Which RL manager do you think you’re most like in regards to transfers and tactics?
"Considering I'm a bit of an unknown for most in the league, it would be hard for me to judge and compare against others. With countless hours of management in football [manager] I would say there are tropes and characteristics of some managers like: Wenger, Monk, Pochettino and Howe. 
We have a trust in young energetic players, and have a particular way in which they we want them to play. Although not afraid to get stuck in to the job if required."

5.    Would you like to see a U23 cup involved during this season?

"I couldn't answer either way, although it might become a little tough mid season for some teams, in my opinion." 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:56 am

1. Which team apart from your own do you think has strengthened the most and you’d expect to be challenging for the title?

BamBams

2. Which individual transfer buy of your own were you most happy to bring in?

Lucas Hernandez - quality player, relatively cheap, lovely stuff

3. Which transfer surprised you the most so far?

Every transfer of a player over the age of 30

4. Which RL manager do you think you’re most like in regards to transfers and tactics?

All about the stats, so my mate Rafa

5. Would you like to see a U23 cup involved during this season?

No because I just released most of mine Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 06 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

1.  Monsieur Hero has made some strong signings in Bakayoko and Dembele,  but it's anybodys title to win in the first season. 
2. My boy Marco Asensio. 12mill is a bargain in today's market and I will be waiting for his inevitable value increase to 20mill+ soon.
3. I was surprised bambino spent that much on Mbappe but it doesn't seem that bad now after his value increase. Tranq signing Pepe is a risky one. If he moves to China he's as good as retired but if he moves to PSG or Inter, he would be a bargain. 
4. I try to model myself after the man himself Zizou. 
5. Yes for definite.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:18 pm

1. Which team apart from your own do you think has strengthened the most and you’d expect to be challenging for the title?
leipzig should have the strongest base to build off

2. Which individual transfer buy of your own were you most happy to bring in?
Chiellini, solid as a rock and a hg to boot

3. Which transfer surprised you the most so far?
was surprised mbappe went so quickly, but at that price he still looks like a good buy

4. Which RL manager do you think you’re most like in regards to transfers and tactics?
Klopp, inspire signings above my level to see the board balls it up for me

5. Would you like to see a U23 cup involved during this season?
Bit too soon for me this season
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:01 pm

New questions plz.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content