The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO

3 posters

Go down

Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO Empty Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO

Post by Duty281 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

If you haven't seen this yet you should! Agnew gets himself into a difficult situation when he tries how to explain how to put a bat rubber on, which reduces Michael Vaughan to childish laughter. Here's what he said:

"You gotta roll it on, down the stick and make sure it's all in place. No floppy stuff on the end of the handle, you can't have that. It's a bit of procedure. It's not easy putting a rubber on, is it, Michael?"

https://www.youtube.com/v/vzaNAgIbvsM

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO Empty Re: Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Incredible.

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO Empty Re: Jonathan Agnew - It's Not Easy to Put a Rubber On! VIDEO

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

I heard it live. They have so many of these "leg over" moments now I can only suspect they deliberatly set them up.
Even the "Batsmans Holding, the bowlers Willy" was one they had been waiting for rarther than accidental.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

Infact that was certainly scripted listening back.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

If it was scripted they certainly didn't left Vaughan in on it. His laughter sounded genuine!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:45 am

First time i've heard this video,amazing.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:28 am

Duty281 wrote:If it was scripted they certainly didn't left Vaughan in on it. His laughter sounded genuine!

The conversation had started earlier, using the workd rubers with some giggleing. Its quite clear that in that passage he was deliberatly trying to be as "carry on" as possible. Vaughns laughter is genuine, because he knows what Aggers is doing. Its hardly the first time they have done this. Part of the charm of TMS is the schoolboy silliness of the presenters, I still Chuckled Out Loud at work listening to it. But they do seem to be forcing these rather than letting them happen naturaly.

Theres no way that Aggers didnt know exactly what he was saying there, noone would accidentaly talk like that. Maybe scripted is a bit harsh, I guess its improvised but still deliberate.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down