The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin

+9
mid_gen
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Rugby Fan
rosbif
Sgt_Pooly
mikey_dragon
eirebilly
Mr Bounce
kingelderfield
13 posters

Go down

Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin Empty Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin

Post by kingelderfield Sat 27 May 2017, 9:34 am

Apart from a couple of games with today's main event an 82,000 sell out.

Both sides believing they can win but with most neutral assessments favouring the Ex men; forwards - set piece and form. Can Wasps find the form of a few months back (pre Dublin)?

Last edited by kingelderfield on Sat 27 May 2017, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Point made)

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin Empty Re: Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 27 May 2017, 10:20 am

I got worried there for a bit! Am on the train heading to London. Got me a ticket!

Hoping that it's a fantastic game and Wasps pull it off...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin Empty Re: Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin

Post by kingelderfield Sat 27 May 2017, 2:19 pm

So important Wasps get into this from the off........but the front row worries me.

What we could do for a couple of world class home grown props as I think realistically only McIntyre has a progressive future. This might be seen as harsh but the other 3 (Mullen included though he may benefit from less international exposure with Genge's development) plus JCW are all on the way out.

Well played Exeter, it just appeared they wanted it more and had the distillation to win through.

I thought Wasps still appeared to be playing as individuals in the sense that they were waiting for somebody to perform a moment of brilliance as had been the case throughout the season, when really, when push a came to shove, they need a greater 'team' coherence by way of resolve but far more in terms of application and strategy.

The nerves exhibited were bizarre and yet indicative of the occasion and sadly a number of players failed to expressive themselves sufficiently; Robson, Wade, Cipriani and Daly had relatively poor games.

Bugga.

Last edited by kingelderfield on Sun 28 May 2017, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:24 pm

Wasp's will have to really attack straight from the off and contain Exeter. Give Exeter a sniff of attack in the first 20mins and it could be a very long day for Wasps.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 27 May 2017, 2:25 pm

This is on BT sport right?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:28 pm

BT1 mikey
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 27 May 2017, 2:36 pm

eirebilly wrote:BT1 mikey

I won't be watching it then.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:47 pm

Nowell thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:47 pm

Nathan Hughes has been a one man wrecking ball so far but it's Exeter taking the early lead.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Nathan Hughes has been a one man wrecking ball so far but it's Exeter taking the early lead.

He is off now...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:51 pm

Big loss, he's been immense.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 2:58 pm

Looks like he will be back...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 3:04 pm

Yep, going to be a long day for Wasps. Exeter are just too good. Wasps 3 -- 14 Exeter after 28mins.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Sat 27 May 2017, 3:32 pm

Any one with a good stream?

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 27 May 2017, 3:57 pm

This is the best game I've seen Hughes pay for a while.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 27 May 2017, 4:28 pm

Extra time! This is fun Wasps v's Exeter...let the fun begin 3933776953

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by mid_gen Sat 27 May 2017, 4:30 pm

Yep he's been excellent.

Get the feeling Exeter are just missing something in the centers. Woodburn and Nowell have been making things happen but the midfield is a bit plodding and easily wrapped up.

Loving the charmingly amateur coverage here in Germany, presenters who think they aren't live checking what happens in extra time.

mid_gen

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 4:33 pm

Fantastic game, I had Wasps written off in the first half. Hell of a fight back by Wasps and an excellent defensive session towards the end of the second half.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 4:44 pm

Frantic stuff from both teams. Surely this cannot end 20-20 after extra time...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 27 May 2017, 4:46 pm

mid_gen wrote:Yep he's been excellent.

Get the feeling Exeter are just missing something in the centers. Woodburn and Nowell have been making things happen but the midfield is a bit plodding and easily wrapped up.

Loving the charmingly amateur coverage here in Germany, presenters who think they aren't live checking what happens in extra time.

I know!!! What is going on with that? The guy asking...."it's def 10mins each way in extra time yea?" Doh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 May 2017, 5:01 pm

Well done Exeter but heartbreak for Wasps.

Fair dues to both sides, possibly the best final I have ever seen clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 27 May 2017, 5:22 pm

Great for Exeter. I quite like them as they rose from the bottom to the top playing some good rugby. Another near miss for Dai's Wasps who are play some nice rugby themselves. Gatland was able to turn them from a basement team to a European powerhouse. Dai is being touted as the next Wales coach but hasn't really achieved with this Wasps team so that's a bit of a concern.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 27 May 2017, 5:30 pm

It was a tense final but the closing stages were a bit one-dimensional from a rugby point of view. Exeter kept possession, and Wasps kept tackling them but the invention and variety of the early part of the match disappeared.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 27 May 2017, 9:47 pm

Atmosphere was amazing at HQ. The action was back and forth, but I felt Exeter deserved their win as they had the superior forward pack and the better attack. Wasps spent a lot of time defending, sometimes desperately, with the occasional breakaway.

Gutted for them but they were beaten by the better team. And I have sunburn. Curse you East Stand! Very Happy

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 28 May 2017, 7:57 am

Yes Hughes had a great game & well played Exeter I think you deserved to win yesterday.
That said...Whilst I know u have to listen to the ref I think JP Doyle was incorrect in pinging Hughes for what looked like a legit turnover a minute before end of normal time.
Fine margins indeed.
Great game, atmosphere & whole day

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 28 May 2017, 9:51 am

Rugby Fan wrote:It was a tense final but the closing stages were a bit one-dimensional from a rugby point of view. Exeter kept possession, and Wasps kept tackling them but the invention and variety of the early part of the match disappeared.

You mean when most of the players were out on their feet? Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Sun 28 May 2017, 10:59 am

Congrats Exeter, a great rugby story.

However, during the last 10 mins of regulation time, I don't think I have ever seen as many players from one team (Exeter) flop over the ruck without supporting their body weight, it was literally every ruck, with Thomas Francis being a prime culprit.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 28 May 2017, 11:49 am

So important Wasps get into this from the off........but the front row worries me.

What we could do for a couple of world class home grown props as I think realistically only McIntyre has a progressive future. This might be seen as harsh but the other 3 (Mullen included though he may benefit from less international exposure with Genge's development) plus JCW are all on the way out.

Well played Exeter, it just appeared they wanted it more and had the distillation to win through.

I thought Wasps still appeared to be playing as individuals in the sense that they were waiting for somebody to perform a moment of brilliance as had been the case throughout the season, when really, when push a came to shove, they need a greater 'team' coherence by way of resolve but far more in terms of application and strategy.

The nerves exhibited were bizarre and yet indicative of the occasion and sadly a number of players failed to expressive themselves sufficiently; Robson, Wade, Cipriani and Daly had relatively poor games.

Bugga.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 30 May 2017, 9:22 am

Well done Exeter. clap Hard luck Wasps. Good final.

Still find JP Doyle's inconsistency with tries more ridiculous, the more we see of him but it's what we have.

Wanted to be the star of the show again but fortunately the main talking point wasn't the reffing decisions.

From a game billed as a game of the entertainers it didn't always sparkle but it was an interesting game as it went on. Exeter deserved to win because they more cohesive.

Wasps will feel they made too many errors and Exeter should be frustated by their lack of points particularly in that period in the 2nd half where they hit Wasps with wave after wave.

kingelderfield you are right. Wasps played too much as individuals and losing Beale was clearly a big blow.

Haskell has had a pretty indifferent 2017 IMO and this game hasn't changed that. I don't think he deserves to be picked for the Lions.

I felt for Hughes, he gave absolutely everything for Wasps.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down