The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires?

+17
Luckless Pedestrian
Gooseberry
beshocked
robbo277
BamBam
funnyExiledScot
propdavid_london
profitius
True Raven
SecretFly
WELL-PAST-IT
Cyril
No9
majesticimperialman
doctor_grey
Scottrf
international198
21 posters

Go down

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires?

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap56%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap0%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap11%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap0%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap11%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_lcap22%Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Empty Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires?

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:15 pm

For me, it has to be Shane Williams.

international198

Back to top Go down

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Empty Re: Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires?

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Probably someone with coaching experience, so rule this list out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires? Empty Re: Who should coach Wales after Warren Gatland retires?

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:Probably someone with coaching experience, so rule this list out.

It's a good list, IMO. By the way, Shane Williams has some coaching experience from his time in Japan.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 pm

How about Sean Holley then? Would he be a good head coach for Wales?

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Howley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rose

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Howley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rose

I'm sure he'd do a great job. However, Shane Williams is a rugby genius who played the game like no other man played the game. I believe he would lead Wales to Grand Slams, World Cup triumphs and he would coach Wales to victory over New Zealand for the first time in about 60 years.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 pm

How about Steve Tandy or Wayne Pivac? They're doing great with the Ospreys and Scarlets respectively.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm

I do agree with you who ever takes over Wales Has to be a reconised Coach.

Probably some one with International experience.

If, If Gatland gets the NZ job. Why don't Wales try and get Steve Hanson. May be do a swap.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Wow.. keep trying on this WUM, you might get a bite...

Shane was a great player, so was Howley at the time and others (Gareth Edwards) you have on your list, but why would you think a great player becomes a great coach.

I'm going to put this down to one of the worst WUMs I've seen, because if your genuine, then you haven't a clue about Rugby...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Retires?

Gats is only 53, so about another 15 years with Wales then?

Gareth Edwards might be a bit old by 2032.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Cyril wrote:Retires?

Ok. Maybe not Gareth Edwards. How about Rhys Priestland or Gavin Henson?

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Cyril wrote:Retires?

Reckon he could still give some a run for their money..

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Well, someone who is not past it, but has international experience, produced a very successful team......................

How about Stuart Lancaster, has the experience and EJ is having a very good run with his team
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Jake White?

Send him a letter anyway. He has a few cabinets full of them so he'll be able to fit it in.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:47 pm

No9 wrote:Wow.. keep trying on this WUM, you might get a bite...

Shane was a great player, so was Howley at the time and others (Gareth Edwards) you have on your list, but why would you think a great player becomes a great coach.

I'm going to put this down to one of the worst WUMs I've seen, because if your genuine, then you haven't a clue about Rugby...
Howley has a track record. As an England supporter I would love for Howley to take Gatland's job........................

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Well, someone who is not past it, but has international experience, produced a very successful team......................

How about Stuart Lancaster, has the experience and EJ is having a very good run with his team

I'd rather Howley than Lancaster. Lancaster with this team got knocked out in the group stages of a World Cup...EJ is on an unbeaten run with same team that's lasted over a year. Says it all really about lancasters coaching credentials at international level

In fact I'd rather Mike Phillips seeing as how he's in the poll for taking over

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:29 pm

They said, "Williams you don't have the brains to be coach".
"Williams you don't have the experience to be coach".
"And you're still too small to be taken seriously!"

He is destined to win the world cup
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:26 am

I am sure Dai Young would be in the mix

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 am

It has to be Shane Williams. Only he can deliver the "Welsh Way" and bring back the glory days.

I was disappointed not to see Arwel Thomas on the list.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:44 am

True Raven wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Well, someone who is not past it, but has international experience, produced a very successful team......................

I'd rather Howley than Lancaster.  Lancaster with this team got knocked out in the group stages of a World Cup...EJ is on an unbeaten run with same team that's lasted over a year.  Says it all really about lancasters coaching credentials at international level

In fact I'd rather Mike Phillips seeing as how he's in the poll for taking over

As an England fan, I'd also rather you went for Rob Howley or Mike Phillips over Stuart Lancaster - Wales continuing with incompetence sounds just grand to me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:54 am

Phillips is so slow he'd probably announce his lineups after the game finishes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:59 am

We hired Martin Johnson!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 am

Aled Brew should be on that list......

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 am

Charvis has all the experience from SOHK

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:11 am

Of this list - Ickle Shane.

Think Dai Young is the best option though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

I think Nigel Owens would make a great international coach. Hes starting to slow down in his old age and this less important job would suit him whilst still allowing him to bask in the media spotlight.
" Im a coach not a referee"

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am

No Dai Young? Good grief!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:22 am

Gooseberry wrote:I think Nigel Owens would make a great international coach. Hes starting to slow down in his old age and this less important job  would suit him whilst still allowing him to bask in the media spotlight.
" Im a coach not a referee"
laughing

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:23 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:No Dai Young? Good grief!

Yeah anyone would think its some kind of obvious wind up Rolling Eyes

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

I'm not sure it is a wind up.

Deiniol Jones, FFS!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 am

Why do 'wind ups' get such bad press these days anyway?

Wummer's Lives Matter!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 am

I actually feel that John Kirwan would be very good for Wales. Think he would get them playing very attractive rugby again.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am

Max Boyce.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Retires?

the guy is barely in work with Wales anyway. I really dont want Wales to give their coach up for the Lions anymore it's crazy.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:29 pm

There is only 1 guy i want now and that is vern Cotter. Scots are fools to let him go though i think he has done his best work since he got his notice. He is exactly what Wales need, can take a small talented group and coach the basics, build confidence and slowly but surely turn a bit of a mess into a solid unit playing great rugby.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Yeah Cotter has done a great job with Scotland.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down