The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerald Washington vs Deontay Wilder - A Gimme?

2 posters

Go down

Gerald Washington vs Deontay Wilder - A Gimme? Empty Gerald Washington vs Deontay Wilder - A Gimme?

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 25 Feb 2017, 1:07 pm

i see this fight being much like Joshua vs Breazeale (ironically Breazeale is on the undercard) where Washington is likely to be not much more than target practice for Wilder until he falls over. It's the old "Somebody's 0 has got to go" statement and I'm almost certain that Wilder will win this at a canter. He's not quite the wild swinging hail mary throwing club fighter he once was, and has learned a bit of patience. However, he still has yet to fight anyone in the top echelons of the heavyweight division (not that there's much there) - his top win is still Stiverne.

Can Washington step up to the mark like Wilder himself did? After all, back when he won the title he was regarded as a KO artist against no-hopers and would surely get burned when he challenged for the belt. A lot of us were wrong when we predicted that result. Washington has just won the lottery with a pretty much undeserved shot. If I were him, I'd turn the first couple of rounds into an out and out war. Wilder doesn't like pressure, so if Washington is going to have any chance of winning, he's got to go hell for leather. It's probably that he'll get binned, but at least it'll be fun for us.

Wilder KO4/5 for me.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Gerald Washington vs Deontay Wilder - A Gimme? Empty Re: Gerald Washington vs Deontay Wilder - A Gimme?

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 26 Feb 2017, 6:46 am

Wilder not impressing again, could have been lack of motivation

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down