The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens

+5
RDW
nickj
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
EWT Spoons
9 posters

Go down

Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens Empty Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:57 pm

Figure there probably isn’t going to be a huge amount of interest in this game, but the general banter thread is about to talk about Connor Murray so figure a new thread for this game might be worth it.

Anyway….
Edinburgh Rugby vs Timos  Timme The Romanian Saracens
Venue:  Myserside #FillMyerside
Ko: 19.35
TV – doubt it

Ref: Adam Jones

Teams:
Edinburgh
1. Dell
2. Cochrane
3. Berghan
4. Toolis
5. Gilco
6. Bradbury
7. Ritchie
8. CDP
9. Fowles
10. Weir
11.brown
12. Dean
13. Allan
14 Hoyland
15. Kinghorn

Subs
Rambo
Cosgrove
McCallum
Carmichael
Mata
SHC
Tovey
Scholes

Sarries:

No idea

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens Empty Re: Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm

possibly the worst 9/10 combo we could go with, but interestingly Dean at 12 and allan at 13 with Scholes on the bench.  Hodge clearly reads this forum.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens Empty Re: Edinburgh rugby vs the other Saracens

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm

only 800 tickets left for this game apparently. Not bad going. Should see an attendance of just shy of 5k I would imagine, which I think is the current capacity.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Jan 2017, 1:57 pm

Love the thread. Can't see that ref keeping up with play....

We have to win and we will win. How much will depend on whether Weir is shocking or merely adequate. The pack is good though, so if Fowles/Weir can't shine in this game, then there's little hope for them.

Hopefully a chance for Hoyland to stretch his legs. He's been a bit quiet these last few months.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

Glad someone else joined me here, was getting a bit pathetic.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:only 800 tickets left for this game apparently.  Not bad going.  Should see an attendance of just shy of 5k I would imagine, which I think is the current capacity.

That will actually be pretty impressive as lets be honest, this is not going to be much of a game. Not one that I would pay to go and see.

Edinburgh have picked a pretty decent side for it, so are taking no chances. I was hoping we might see Hardie playing, but it does not look like he is fit yet.

They really should be putting a score on the Romanians.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Glad someone else joined me here, was getting a bit pathetic.

Well I don't think the first game against them was considered even worthy of a thread, so at least this is an improvement on that!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

Surely its on the telly! Alba can't have anything else more pressing for their red button can they?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:09 pm

BigGee wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Glad someone else joined me here, was getting a bit pathetic.

Well I don't think the first game against them was considered even worthy of a thread, so at least this is an improvement on that!

This is true. I wasn't even going to bother with this one, but the Murray chat happened on the general thread so figured might be worth separating it.

Also given the success of the Edinburgh against no one thread, this can only be an improvement given there is an actual game....I hope.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:11 pm

Looks like Hodge has borrowed Toonie's Tombola - there has been a lot of rotation over the last few weeks!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Looks like Hodge has borrowed Toonie's Tombola - there has been a lot of rotation over the last few weeks!

Again, not necessarily a bad thing to introduce the concept of rotation to Edinburgh and if ever there was a game to do it, it would be this time.

With every season under Solly, the XV players he kept picking were utterly cooked by the end of March.

Is not a definition of insanity, making the same mistakes over and over again?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Looks like Hodge has borrowed Toonie's Tombola - there has been a lot of rotation over the last few weeks!

Again, not necessarily a bad thing to introduce the concept of rotation to Edinburgh and if ever there was a game to do it, it would be this time.

With every season under Solly, the XV players he kept picking were utterly cooked by the end of March.

AKA the 'Finn Russell's drop goal decision making process' effect? laughing

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:

AKA the 'Finn Russell's drop goal decision making process' effect? laughing

I will give you that one, but I am rather hopeful that he won't be doing it for three seasons!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:04 am

Just noticed that Cochrane is captain instead of Edinburgh 'co-captain' Gilchrist.

I might be reading too much into this given that Cochrane is on his 50th cap and often captain the team though...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:27 am

Apparently there's only 200 seats left for tonight - they might #FillMyreside after all!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:34 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Apparently there's only 200 seats left for tonight - they might #FillMyreside after all!

I think they'll manage it - half this office seems to be going (except me of course, I'll be looking after ToddlerfES for my sins).

It's a good game to have, first up. If they can fill the ground without away support it bodes well, albeit there will be a novelty factor with this being the first game.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:36 am

With the next 2 fixtures being Munster at home the night before the Ireland game, and the Blues at home the night before the Wales game, there might be a good chance to #FillMyreside for the foreseeable future!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

Definitely. The Munster fans will certainly bring it. Best away fans in the league in my experience (shame about the cry baby players!).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 10:34 am

Anyone think there will be a stream for this game somewhere? Keen as mustard to see it, but Myreside is bloody miles from Brighton

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

It isn't on TV in the UK, and I doubt a Romaniam broadcaster will be filming it...

Alba don't have the rights to show any European games - even if Sky or BT aren't.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:11 am

If I remember, and get a signal, I'll try and post some updates here during the game. But I've had a s***t week and I'm having a few beers beforehand, so my updates might be less factual in nature and more akin to drunken ramblings.

Might not be able to tell the difference from my normal posting to be fair.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

EWT Spoons wrote:If I remember, and get a signal, I'll try and post some updates here during the game.  But I've had a s***t week and I'm having a few beers beforehand, so my updates might be less factual  in nature and more akin to drunken ramblings.

Might not be able to tell the difference from my normal posting to be fair.

Please do - your level of inebriation will add to our enjoyment!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

Cheers Spoons, have a good one, v jealous

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:23 am

Here's spoons after a few jars!

"ben Toolish hash picked up the ball at the baish of the ruck *burp*
He's passhed it to She D Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I love you man, you're my besht friend in the world
She D Pee hash given the ball to Christine. Who calls a fcukin rugby player Christine anyway *hic*
Ah fur fcuks shake he'sh droped the fcukin ball. Sheee, that'sh what happensh when you call shomeone Christine!
And Weir can sook mah boaby!

Mon the burgh *hic* "
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

tigertattie wrote:Here's spoons after a few jars!

She D Pee hash given the ball to Christine. Who calls a fcukin rugby player Christine anyway *hic*
Ah fur fcuks shake he'sh droped the fcukin ball. Sheee, that'sh what happensh when you call shomeone Christine!

Mon the burgh *hic* "

Laugh

You should write your interesting facts in the same manner.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:39 am

Mon the burgh *hic* "
laughing

Tattie that is disturbingly accurate. At least talking, posting here, you will get some autocorrect wonders to go along with it.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

Game's sold out. FillMyerside seems to have worked

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

Well they've done it, they've managed to #FillMyreside! By my reckoning that is a crowd of 5500 which really is a great effort.

I'm sure the transport issues will be tested fully tonight - especially when people find out that a lot of the buses in that area stop running before full-time!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Mon the burgh *hic* "

Laugh

You should write your interesting facts in the same manner.

The potatooooooooo shcone, or *hic* Tattie Shcone ash we calls it, wash originally devised in dumb Barton Shire. Ish that where that dumb Joey Barton comesh from?
And shee that wee Duncan Weir? He'sh an utter shoitebag!

Mon the burgh *hic*
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:19 pm

There seems to be tv cameras here and adverts for bein. Might be a stream of the game somewhere

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:26 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:There seems to be tv cameras here and adverts for bein. Might be a stream of the game somewhere

That would make my Friday night a bit nicer

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:27 pm

Might just be for highlights.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:27 pm

Doesn't look a sell out

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:35 pm

Can't find anything. Oh well. If someone does, can you PM me

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 7:49 pm

Try Edinburgh driving maul

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm

Try Edinburgh. Dell off for hia

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm

More prop problems for Scotland!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm

Come on the boys!

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:07 pm

Dell not coming back on

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:07 pm

Failed hia

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:08 pm

And here's hoping Dell's ok. On another slightly worrying note, Montpellier are looking good vs Northampton Colts

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:08 pm

How does the atmosphere compare Spoons?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Timisora have offered nothing in attack. They're dropping like flies as well, tackle technique seems to be head to shoulder. Constantly down for injuries

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:11 pm

Atmosphere is still non existent. Kinghorn in for a try

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:12 pm

It sounds ok on the wireless

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:18 pm

Hard to judge on a game like this.

Reserve it for the Munster game!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:28 pm

and Edinburgh earn themselves a home quarter final by half time.

Well done Edinburgh.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm

To be fair it's a lot better in so much as it does seem an appropriate sized ground. It'll probably take a few weeks for people to get used to a noise making a difference

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 10:41 pm

So, I like myerside, I was always in favour so possibly biassed.
In other news Micheal Allen is tiny, Cornell is also small. And weir is pish (just for you tattie)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by des Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:25 am

I also like MyArseD.

Tom Brown is bigger than you'd think and Blair Kinghorn is taller and thinner that you'd think.

His shoulder is also as hard as you might expect if you were to run into it with your nose.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down