The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK...

4 posters

Go down

Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK... Empty Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

Overcrowded prisons.......

7,000 prison guard jobs have been cut.....

People in prison for stupid offences like not paying fines.....

Plenty of work needs doing in the Community.........

Sad turn of events..........Suicide is a terrible thing.  Don't particularly mind hard core prisoners taking the easy way out but I imagine they are hard enough to cope..

Something needs to be done..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK... Empty Re: Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK...

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Nov 2016, 4:45 pm

Yep...a return to some kind of chain gang system for less serious prisoners who want to get out and do something. Constructive prison sentences that helps prisons themselves and gets both prison officers and prisoners alike out of that institutionalised entity where all brains must go to mush eventually - both prisoners and the people having to go in and administer those places on a daily basis.

Get the non-dangerous prisoners out and working on projects.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK... Empty Re: Record number of Prisoners committing suicide in the UK...

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:12 am

Personally, I would favour a return of the stocks for less serious stuff. Get them out there and let people throw rotten veg/eggs at them for, maybe, 48 hours or so. Then let them go. I'm sure that would work....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 29 Nov 2016, 11:11 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Personally, I would favour a return of the stocks for less serious stuff. Get them out there and let people throw rotten veg/eggs at them for, maybe, 48 hours or so. Then let them go. I'm sure that would work....

Shocked

Oh dear. Be careful - the Green, Global Warming, Vegan, Transsexual Movement (GGWVT) will have you imprisoned for loose talk like that! Abuse of veggies when so many in the world are starving???! Are you insane man?

Be very careful, navy. Someone is going to want to get you into stocks now for thought crimes of that nature.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:06 pm

Sorry. I let my secret inner disciplinarian/UKIP/Trump/Daily Fail persona get out for a sec. It won't happen again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 02 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm

Part of the reason prisons are overcrowded is that there are so many serial offenders (usually on the lower end of the scale). They can't cope with being outside (no qualifications, unable to get jobs etc.) so they deliberately re-offend to get back inside, where they actually feel safer.

As SecretFly alluded to, there needs to be more effort made to rehabilitate prisoners, get them ready for life on the outside.

Also prison staff need to be given better training (and properly equipped) to deal with difficult / violent inmates. There also needs to be better scrutiny / oversight to ensure there are measurable improvements.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down