The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results!

5 posters

Go down

V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results! Empty V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results!

Post by Samo Wed 23 Nov 2016, 8:07 pm

The votes were in. The votes were counted. The votes were forgotten about. The votes have been remembered!

4 people involved in pro wrestling history that the good people of V2 have chosen to immortalize in stone forever.

Fun little fact. The American Wolves got more points overall than The Rock. Make of that what you will. Honorable mention to Ric Flair. The Nature Boy (one of my top 4) narrowly missed out on a place on the mountain by just 2 points. He was beaten into fifth place by

4. Shawn Michaels.

The heartbreak kid has seen it all and done it all. A career spanning 4 decades and 4 seperate 'eras'. Debuting in 88, retiring in 98, returning in 02 and finally retiring once and for all in 2010. Holder of multiple championships including the first ever Grand Slam. An incredible 4 Match of the Year WON awards and 2 time 5* match winner. Record setter and record breaker. There isnt enough Hyperbole in the world to describe the career of HBK. Incredible highs and seemingly insurmountable lows. Once the most hated man in the industry, he turned a page and become on of the most loved and revered.

3. Vince McMahon.

Love him or hate him, theres no denying the impact VKM had on the industry. He took his Dads vision and went pro, bringing most of the territories under one banner. Creator of everything we know and love about wrestling today. He may have an ego, he may be out of touch, and he may have buried talent to further his own Mr. McMahon persona but theres no denying he is one of the greatest heels of all time, a bonafide Hall of Famer and revolutionary.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Genuinely one of the biggest stars of all time. WCW letting him go was the spark that lit the fire. He would go on to become an international sensation. Another man whos won everything there is to win, records set and records broken. He became the most over wrestler in the world at a time when wrestling was at its most popular in the mainstream, helping bring ratings in the 6's to RAW. His legendary feud with McMahon helped them overcome WCW and win the Monday Night Wars and is regarded as one of the best feuds of all time. Its hard to describe the impact he had on the WWF, but just ask anyone connected to the business and they'll let you know.

1. Hulk Hogan.

I cant even begin to describe the career of Hulk Hogan here. The first man to truly transcend the business into films. The biggest babyface of all time. The most recognizable of all time. The biggest draw of all time. Some may say he stole his gimmick from 'Superstar' Billy Graham (and its hard to argue sometimes) but you cant argue what he did for the business. Theres isnt a person in the developed world who hasnt heard of Hulk Hogan. Despite a blotch on his career during the end days of WCW he is still held in massive regard in the wrestling world, which is shown by the fact he was the Number 1 winner in the V2 Rushmore vote.

So there you have it. 4 names set in stone to represent Pro Wrestling for all time. We all know most about these 4 guys anyway, but I cant end this without recommending going back and watching them at their peak because I doubt we'll ever see anything that comes close to these 4 guys again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results! Empty Re: V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results!

Post by Crimey Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:47 am

I'm genuinely surprised The Undertaker didn't make it. I'd argue for pure longevity and notoriety he should be there ahead of Shawn Michaels.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results! Empty Re: V2 Wrestling Mount Rushmore - final results!

Post by Samo Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:11 am

Undertaker got surprisingly less votes than I thought. Not as big a shock as the Rock only getting 1 point though!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:15 am

I think it's because The Rock is actually bigger than wrestling. He's not "ours" any more as he's now one of the biggest movie stars in the world. It's hard to justify him as the Mount Rushmore of wrestling as I think he's probably more known for movies now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:02 pm

I also think, that whilst he's easily one of the best and most charismatic characters in the business, he didn't change it in the way Austin did.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm

He's arguably more talented, but didn't have the impact for this business. Austin changed it, Rock transcended it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Nov 2016, 2:38 pm

That was my four picks I think, I toiled between Shawn & Flair but from a personal perspective HBK always gets that vote

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down