The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life off steroids.......and it's good !!

5 posters

Go down

Life off steroids.......and it's good !! Empty Life off steroids.......and it's good !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

May 3rd.........Decided after over 20 years I'd stop juicing........Time to grow up I guess.......

Not that I was ever a big juicer........But I used a little regularly (Test enth/cyp..... 400 a week)...........Also hit the gym four/five times a week which was very selfish looking back.....But vanity is a very addictive thing and I must say having a good physique and hitting the sunbed always gave me confidence (Still use the sunbed) and until recently my work introduced me to plenty of strangers...(male prostitution demands good communication skills)..

Weighed 222 at 6ftish when I stopped six months ago...and after the usual diarrhoea and lazy spells subsided...Always a side effect of coming off..........Started working out in my garage....Just three times a week...

Day 1......Powercleans, B.O rows..(Six sets total)
Day 2......Shoulder press, Bench and Incline Press...(10 sets total)
Day 3......Upright rows......(three sets total)

No legs but the powercleans are good for them..

Work hard and to failure still though.....

Lots of time for family now and I'm realizing what a schmuck I've been.....Over the years..

Still look good.....Lost a little size (Arms only noticeably).......218 last time I went on the scales.....

Got into the naive mindset that I'd lose my gains off steroids....Not exactly true obviously.....But paranoia and bodybuilding go hand in hand..

Written a previous article on steroids worth reading along with this one...........Don't contain the dangerous BS you get elsewhere on the net..

Hope you're all well..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Life off steroids.......and it's good !! Empty Re: Life off steroids.......and it's good !!

Post by Geordie Fri 18 Nov 2016, 2:05 pm

Im curious why you think you've been selfish? Are you entitled to your hour in the gym after work?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Life off steroids.......and it's good !! Empty Re: Life off steroids.......and it's good !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Nov 2016, 2:41 pm

Sometimes my lifting has been more consuming than it had a right to be...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 12:12 pm

Don't beat yourself up too much about your time at the gym, although you may have missed a little time with the kids after school-before bed, life fitness should mean more quality years with the grandkids and see your children develop into middle-aged men. Do keep an eye on your blood pressure and cholesterol though, although I suspect your diet is fairly healthy.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 3:00 pm

Yeah I agree with Aja, I don't think its a lot to keep yourself in shape.

You could have been spending it in the pub..like a couple of my pals. Now that wouldn't have been time well spent.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:53 pm

Took steroids for over 25 years so I'm not the usual case..

But I appreciate the comments..

The last 6 months to me are proof that hard work and lifestyle mean miles more than juice....Just a reminder really to those thinking they want to start or come off...That steroids are a tad overrated.

Cheers.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 29 Nov 2016, 10:11 am

I'm going to wait until I squat 220 naturally, then I'm going on. Was going to start in the new year, but I haven't reached my max potential just yet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 8:36 pm

220 kg.....Is alot without steroids..

Not sure you need them...Most I ever squated was 170 kg for maybe 8...can't remember.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:54 am

I'm better at reps, hit 160 for 14 the other night.

170 for reps is strong for bodybuilder. Especially one that doesn't mega juice.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 7:40 pm

I'm 6'2 and 14.5 stone. Been training now for 8 years juice free. I'm would consider juice as not really made any gains for 2 years. What would be the recommended product/ cycle for someone juicing for the 1st time?

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Dec 2016, 8:59 am

lambertm100 wrote:I'm 6'2 and 14.5 stone. Been training now for 8 years juice free. I'm would consider juice as not really made any gains for 2 years. What would be the recommended product/ cycle for someone juicing for the 1st time?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

Just use test mate and have some nolva on hand if gyno flares up. Use 250mg a week for a first cycle (if it's a good product). If it's a cheaper test, use 400-500mg a week.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down