The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

+51
Hammersmith harrier
Atila
Derbymanc
catchweight
BoxingFan88
Mad for Chelsea
Kareem61
Dylan1979
djlovesyou
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
qc2
lfc91
aja424
hogey
AZZJ44
rapidringsroad
Volcanicash
kingraf
wheelchair1991
mikeymax71
Lance
Dipper Brown
JabMachineMK2
Guest82
ShahenshahG
owen10ozzy
ONETWOFOREVER
seanmichaels
Haito
Valero's Conscience
Inventing Johnson Klute
TRUSSMAN66
Coxy001
Basset
Baby faced assassin
EX7EY
Rowley
Qoxiivi
melv500
sittingringside
88Chris05
Mochyn du
compelling and rich
horizontalhero
Jermaine2015
Herman Jaeger
Pedro147
Rodney
bhb001
Mr Bounce
55 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 10 Empty Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by Rowley Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

I can’t let a fight as big as this weekend pass without a thread asking for folks thoughts. For me this is one of those odd fights that I am looking forward to enormously but suspect might well fail to ignite. I suspect intriguing rather than exciting may accurately describe it. Got to say since this has been announced I have been picking Ward. I rate both of them highly but just think Ward is a special talent, a lot more rounded and like Mayweather one with an exceptional ability to shut opponents down and neutralise them.

That being said Kovalev is no underdog or no hoper, this is a genuinely close fight, and one in which you can make an argument either way. Whilst people rightly wax lyrical about Kovalev’s power his boxing ability should not be underplayed, few since Jones have solved the numerous riddles Hopkins poses so effectively. Also he is a natural big hitting light heavy, something Ward has never faced, whilst his defence has always looked solid at super middle he is not completely unhittable. Froch had his moments where he was able to land, so one would assume Sergey will be able to do likewise. How Ward stands up to that is one of the big questions in this one.

Also whilst Ward is hardly an old man his career post Super six has had more stops and starts than me attempting to run a marathon. Being in the ring with Kovalev would not be a place I would want to be blowing off a dose of ring rust. Despite that, I still think Ward will be victorious, he is smart at tying up/holding on the inside and fast enough that he will score with plenty when the fight is at range. If the ref is pretty easy going when it comes to his holding inside, and thus far he has tended to get away with it, I think he will secure the win on points.

All of this almost certainly guarantees you can put your house on Kovalev, but irrespective of the outcome I cannot wait for this fight. A genuine talent moving up to take on the best the division above him has to offer, this is the sort of fight the sport needs more of.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 10 Empty Re: Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:02 am

Mate I watched the fight on the tele twice. I don't need to watch that. My eyes worked fine.

Ward won at least 7 rounds, so a draw is the best Kov can do, in my eyes. I'm not the only person to score it fore Andre.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 10 Empty Re: Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:06 am

Ward won at least 7 rounds, which 7?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 am

Ward won seven rounds?..

Do me a rather large favour would you lol

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:10 am

One thing we can all agree on

Kovalev is the better BOXER

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Ward won at least 7 rounds, which 7?

Round 3 and 6 of the last 7. I'm entitled to my opinion the same as anyone else.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:12 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:One thing we can all agree on

I agree. That's why he got the decision. Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 am

I think Ward won rounds 3,6,7,8,9,11,12.

Last edited by AdamT on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 am

Think 6 is a Kovalev round as is 12

In round 12 he hurts Ward badly to the body

In round 6 Kovalev lands 2 of the best punches of the fight in a row

3 you could argue Kovalev as well

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:27 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Think 6 is a Kovalev round as is 12

That is your opinion again. I liked Wards bodywork and accuracy in most of the rounds. It was a close fight, but I scored it for Ward. I have scored it for him twice. No point watching it again, because the result stays the same.

You guys liked Kov, happy days. The 3 judges think Ward, won!

You do know that means Ward won? No matter what everyone thinks, it's all that matters.

Cry robbery all you like. Most level headed people that side would Kov, still think it was close and not a robbery.

This is nowhere near the same standard that Manny Robbed Juan. Not even close.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 am

AdamT wrote:

That is your opinion again. I liked Wards bodywork and accuracy in most of the rounds. It was a close fight, but I scored it for Ward. I have scored it for him twice. No point watching it again, because the result stays the same.

You do know that means Ward won? No matter what everyone thinks, it's all that matters.

Cry robbery all you like. Most level headed people that side would Kov, still think it was close and not a robbery.

You mean in the third fight?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

You mean in the third fight?

First and third.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:57 am

Imagine if you will, a former Olympian who holds the only Gold Medal for his country in men’s boxing since 2004. A boxer who is undefeated. Has conquered two weight classes. Has an extraordinary personal story, and who regularly gives his time and money to causes in his community. A fighter of high skill and flexibility who can adjust to almost any type of style coming from his opponent. A tough as nails sort whose own fighting style may not always be fan-friendly, but is full of both grit and guile. A man who may just be the best boxer in the world.

Now imagine that guy is Andre Ward. Well, you don’t have to imagine. Because that guy is Andre Ward. And here’s the strange thing.
Everybody hates Andre Ward.

Okay, maybe not everybody, but considering his bona fides in the ring and his clean nose out of it, Andre Ward is a remarkably unpopular boxer in his sport and in his own country.

The question is why?

On Saturday night, Ward took on the biggest, baddest bully on the block in Las Vegas. Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev. A massive puncher with underrated boxing skills who also happens to be the meanest, cruelest deliverer of punishment in the sport. With his wicked grin, nasty in the ring demeanor, and lethal fists, Kovalev is the best central casting villain since Dolph Lundgren laced them up in Rocky IV.

The fight was basically a “pick ‘em” going into the ring, with the mild betting favorite being Ward. There were many questions surrounding the American. A protracted dispute with his now-deceased promoter, Dan Goosen, had greatly limited Ward’s time in the ring over the last five years. Prior to Kovalev, Ward had fought only five times in five years. Aside from his destruction of the A list Chad Dawson in September of 2012, all of his opponents were at best of the “tune up” variety.

Many people (me included), felt Ward’s war of principle with Goosen was flittering away much of his prime. So, coming up in weight to take on the very active Kovalev (twelve fights since September of 2012), who had been fighting a higher quality of competition, left much doubt as to the outcome–despite Ward’s pedigree.

Those doubts seemed to come to fruition in the second round when Kovalev dropped Ward for only the second time in his career with a bruising right hand. This was no flash knockdown. Ward was blinking when he got up, and he looked far less than confident in his approach throughout the first half of the fight.
It was as if the chickens had come home to roost.

Whoever had Ward going into the fight was probably thinking about the impending lightness of their bank account.
Slowly though—almost invisibly—Ward recovered from his trip to the canvas and worked his way back into the fight. While he often struggled to find Kovalev’s head (save some notable head-snapping jabs and an infrequent hook), he committed to getting inside of the Russian’s power, landing thudding body blows that slowed Kovalev in the back half of the fight. It’s not easy to sway judges with inside fighting and body work. Head shots from guys with heavy hands often carry the day, and most of those punches came from Kovalev.

As the two fierce combatants closed out the twelfth round, I felt Ward had simply run out of time to catch up after Kovalev built his early lead. If this fight were going fifteen, I thought, Ward would surely win. After twelve, I had Kovalev by a point.

When the judges came in with a unanimous verdict for Ward (all cards carrying the same score 114-113), I was mildly surprised, but hardly aghast. Many of these rounds were close, and while I felt to score the fight for Ward, you pretty much had to give him all of the tight ones, I did not find it unreasonable to do so.

Apparently, I was in the minority.

In T-Mobile arena, the booing of the decision was lusty. However, it was no match for what was going on in the interwebs of social media. People were pressing on their CAPS LOCK and wearing out their exclamation point key.

ROBBED!!! BOGUS!!! THEFT!!! MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE!!!
So much shouting. It was like being at a virtual stoning.

This struck me as excessive. Even as someone who scored the fight for Kovalev, it seemed like the height of overreaction to call the result a highway robbery. This was an excellent, tight, and tense fight. While I may not have agreed with the decision, I could understand it.

Hell, it was nowhere near the worst decision of the night. If you wanted a focus for your outrage, you only needed to look two fights earlier on the undercard at the Perez/Hooker bout to find an object of ridicule. Perez thoroughly dominated Hooker from stem to stern and all he got for his trouble was a laughable split draw.

But I digress.

What’s difficult for me to get my head around was why so many people were so angry about watching a fight where the undefeated American champion picked himself off the canvas, battled with heart, mind, and body to get into the fight and put question into the minds of the judges at its close. I mean, SO ANGRY.

The truth of the matter as I see it, is people simply hate Andre Ward. For reasons that are as mysterious as the plotline to HBO’s Westworld (seriously, I have no idea what’s going on there).

There seems to be not even the slightest appreciation from of Ward’s life and career from the majority of boxing fans. Among the casual and the deeply committed, so much of what is aimed at Ward is downright vitriolic.

Again, I ask why?

I hesitate to suggest this, but is the reason why Ward is so disliked because he’s not a bad enough person? I mean, if you are an American, fighting on your country’s soil against a Russian in the age of Putin, wouldn’t you think you might score a little nationalist pride? Let’s face it folks, we are in the age of nationalism. Just look around you. Signs are everywhere. The movement just doesn’t seem to benefit Ward.

I acknowledge that Ward’s style isn’t always easy on the eyes despite his high level of skill. He’s hardly Winky Wright though. Or even Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather makes awful fights, has a risible history outside of the ring, and takes unpleasantness to new heights every time he opens his mouth. For this, he is loved by many in the boxing community with no small amount of fervor.

In many ways, Andre Ward is the opposite of that. He is tough, courageous, smart, and skilled. He has overcome an extremely rough start in life to ascend to the peak of his profession, and has not blemished himself outside the ring with even a single smudge on a police report.

Why don’t we like this man more? Why don’t we at least respect him?

Maybe we ought to spend some time thinking about that. Maybe we should have a mirror in hand while we do.

You guys take note. Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:09 am

You forgot to give the writer of the post that you copied and pasted credit by including a link to the article.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am

Atila wrote:AdamT,

You should give the writer of the post that you copied and pasted credit by including a link to the article.

Mr David Philips, NY fights.

http://nyfights.com/latest-boxing-news/everybody-hates-andre-ward/

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

Here's another opinion of the fight.
http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/11/21/13698892/larry-merchant-kovalev-ward-was-a-classic-hometown-decision

Larry Merchant: Kovalev-Ward was a classic hometown decision

FightHub caught up with former HBO fight commentator Larry Merchant to get his thoughts on the Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward Fight. Here's what he had to say:

"I thought it was a classic hometown decision, I thought Kovalev won the fight."

On the performance of both Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward:

"It was more ugly than beautiful. The match itself was better than the fight."

On if he was surprised by Ward's adjustments halfway through the fight:

"I give Ward credit, he fought the best fight he could, but it was one punch and clinch and I just think he didn't do enough but the judges all agreed.

"I didn't score it, I thought it was 7-5 for Kovalev with the knockdown. If it was 6-6, he still wins the fight. They scored it 7-5 for Ward."

On if he would like to see a rematch:

"No, I don't think it was a good enough fight for a rematch. But that doesn't mean it won't happen."

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 am

If it is from Merchant, I can't read it. I don't like the senile racist git.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:28 am

People need to get over the fact that Ward won a close fight.

Its not the end of the world. I disagree with Merchant and I enjoyed watching the fight and would definitely watch the rematch

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 am

AdamT wrote:I think Ward won rounds 3,6,7,8,9,11,12.

Ward landed 8 punches in the whole of round 6, 5 of which were jabs. Kovalev landed 6 power punches alone as well as out-throwing him in general for that round. I fail to see how Ward controlled anything in that round. He was outboxed and outlanded - he didn't control anything. One of the clearest rounds for Kovalev in the whole fight.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:32 am

Pedro147 wrote:

Ward landed 8 punches in the whole of round 6, 5 of which were jabs. Kovalev landed 6 power punches alone as well as out-throwing him in general for that round. I fail to see how Ward controlled anything in that round. He was outboxed and outlanded - he didn't control anything in that round.

Did you count the punches, or read compubox??

He was more accurate in the rounds. He was making Kov hit thin air.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 am

Boys this has been fun, but you need to get over it. Kovalev lost!

Please try and put your disdain for Mr Ward to one side. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be sticking up for Kovalev.

You know it. I know it.

Last edited by AdamT on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am

AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

Ward landed 8 punches in the whole of round 6, 5 of which were jabs. Kovalev landed 6 power punches alone as well as out-throwing him in general for that round. I fail to see how Ward controlled anything in that round. He was outboxed and outlanded - he didn't control anything in that round.

Did you count the punches, or read compubox??

He was more accurate in the rounds. He was making Kov hit thin air.

I watched it at the time and scored for Kovalev as well as looking at Compubox to backup what I saw with my eyes. You scored the round to Ward to landing less and moving backwards to avoid taking punches. That's not controlling the round. The effective aggression was with Kovalev as he forced the action while out scoring his opponent.

How and why did you score that round to Ward?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:37 am

AdamT wrote:Boys this has been fun, but you need to get over it. Kovalev lost!

Please try and put your disdain for Mr Ward to one side. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be sticking up for Kovalev.

You know it. I know it.

It's a forum where debate happens, that's how it works. I like Ward a lot didn't care who won the fight. Both really good fighters who I like and was looking forward to the fight since it was announced. But the result was really annoying for a lot of people hence the debate. It's not about liking or not liking one particular fighter.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 am

Why are you so annoyed? Is there something wrong with you?

It's a fight, get a life.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:42 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:People need to get over the fact that Ward won a close fight.

Its not the end of the world. I disagree with Merchant and I enjoyed watching the fight and would definitely watch the rematch
With the suspense of seeing 2 top fighters go at it, I would have enjoyed seeing it live, but I only saw a replay. However, when I saw it, I didn't actually think it was that exciting a fight. Take away who was fighting and the controversy over the decision and it was a scrappy, untidy fight, with not enough punches landed by either man.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:44 am

AdamT wrote:Why are you so annoyed? Is there something wrong with you?

Hahahahahaha, you're an embarrassment at times laughing

I'm not annoyed in the slightest, I'm trying to debate with you and to try and understand how you scored one particular round to a certain fighter, I thought that's how forums worked?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:45 am

Atila wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:People need to get over the fact that Ward won a close fight.

With the suspense of seeing 2 top fighters go at it, I would have enjoyed seeing it live, but I only saw a replay. However, when I saw it, I didn't actually think it was that exciting a fight. Take away who was fighting and the controversy over the decision and it was a scrappy, untidy fight, with not enough punches landed by either man.

Do you think a different ref could make for a better fight? The ref in his defence was trying to let the fighters work out from the holding but I think it was perhaps allowed to go on too often.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:46 am

Pedro147 wrote:

I'm not annoyed in the slightest, I'm trying to debate with you and to try and understand how you scored one particular round to a certain fighter, I thought that's how forums worked?

You realise by calling me an embarrassment, you have just cracked? Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:48 am

AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

That doesn't even make sense. I've simply asked you to explain something that you can't.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:51 am

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

That doesn't even make sense. I've simply asked you to explain something that you can't.

Ok I will explain it for you.

Hahahahahahahaha, you really are an embarrassment and laughing, is showing how frustrated you are.

What do you weigh??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:59 am

We will put all trolling or rubbish aside.

I will only wind up those who I suspect are trolling.

I will give you credit Pedro, you aren't a troll. So if any of my behaviour has annoyed you or other posters, I am genuinely sorry and will be more careful in future.

Is that fair enough??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:01 pm

AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha, you really are an embarrassment and laughing, is showing how frustrated you are.

What do you weigh??

This is my last reply to you. This was a brilliant forum until certain posters started doing what you're doing. You say something, someone disagrees and asks you to explain it and then just respond with non-coherent, irrelevant rubbish. People come onto this forum now and don't post due to posters like you. Your posts verge on moronic and debate is pointless with you for the reasons just listed.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:04 pm

I just said sorry chap.

Do you not see Haz trolling, or others??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

What do you weigh??

This is my last reply to you. This was a brilliant forum until certain posters started doing what you're doing. You say something, someone disagrees and asks you to explain it and then just respond with non-coherent, irrelevant rubbish. People come onto this forum now and don't post due to posters like you. Your posts verge on moronic and debate is pointless with you for the reasons just listed.

Also I didn't post for a fair while and there was little traffic.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

What do you weigh??

Insulting someone on the internet is pretty lame my friend. I wish you well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Somebody please explain to me how all three judges scored round 10 for Ward. Watch it without the bias Sky commentary and then ask yourself how this happened.

Apologies if you already have, but go back and watch the whole fight without any commentary. Ward lost, no doubt about it.

Macklin and Paul Smith sold their souls, that is obvious. Will happily play along with the Sky narrative in order to receive their pundit pay check. So glad I cancelled Sky a couple of years ago. They rarely mentioned any of Kovalev's punches landing in the second half of the fight. His jab was landing often and hurting Ward.

Sky Sports had already decided before the fight that Ward was going to win, along with the boxing establishment in the US. Sport has simply become War by another means.

Time to wake up folks. Think about the comments made by Wards trainer Hunter and also his manager about Russians. They had a political twist on this all along.

As for Ward being P4P No 1? If that is true then I'm the greatest footballer of all time.

Hope Loma doesn't suffer the same fate this wkend. ( A true P4P fighter )

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Somebody please explain to me how all three judges scored round 10 for Ward. Watch it without the bias Sky commentary and then ask yourself how this happened.

Apologies if you already have, but go back and watch the whole fight without any commentary. Ward lost, no doubt about it.

Macklin and Paul Smith sold their souls, that is obvious. Will happily play along with the Sky narrative in order to receive their pundit pay check. So glad I cancelled Sky a couple of years ago. They rarely mentioned any of Kovalev's punches landing in the second half of the fight. His jab was landing often and hurting Ward.

Sky Sports had already decided before the fight that Ward was going to win, along with the boxing establishment in the US. Sport has simply become War by another means.

Time to wake up folks. Think about the comments made by Wards trainer Hunter and also his manager about Russians. They had a political twist on this all along.

As for Ward being P4P No 1? If that is true then I'm the greatest footballer of all time.

I scored 10 for Kov to be honest.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Somebody please explain to me how all three judges scored round 10 for Ward. Watch it without the bias Sky commentary and then ask yourself how this happened.

welcome to the board Pele

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Load of crap, Ward won the fight because he deserved to and insinuating he's not a true P4P fighter is embarrassing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Atila wrote:

wouldn't argue with that fella, live it had tension. Know the result and very little happened after round 2. A tactical feintfest.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:28 pm

Hammersmith Harrier - Load of crap??

How? It's a fact that all 3 judges gave R10 to Ward?

All I'm saying is after watching R10 without bias commentary, how is this possible?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:34 pm

I tried to explain the sky 'agenda' earlier - as i'm struggling with this idea that they'd give a monkey's who won this particular fight. Now, the pundits picking a guy to win and then trying to claim he did afterwards... to justify their position,  yeh I can buy that. One lead commentator being an opinion shaper for others in a 'close' fight. Yep I can buy that.

Will the programme producer, pick a storyline or narrative in the build up that he thinks will help promote the fight. Yep that's his job. But really, they don't give a hoot who then goes on to win it unless they they have a promotional tie in. Which unless I'm mistaken, they don't with ward.

So I repeat, bunch of guys influenced by paulie's bias and not wanting their prediction to be wrong? Maybe. Seeking safety in numbers? Maybe. Major conspiracy theory? Only if you like conspiracy theories.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Hammersmith Harrier - Load of crap??

All I'm saying is after watching R10 without bias commentary, how is this possible?

Dylan, Hammy always like to greet new posters with a friendly welcome. Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Cannot believe the amount of crap being posted about this one fight. No wonder noone listens anymore when someone shouts robbery.

Very very close fight that some had Ward winning and some had Kov winning. Neither did enough to run away with it but in my eyes Ward had the cleaner sharper work and by around round 7 seemingly had Kov worked out.

Can we all also try and remember that it's not just the going forward fighter that counts, he's got to actually connect properly to have it count against his opponent, otherwise what would be the point of ANYONE actually learning to be a great defensively

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Loving this argument that Ward had Sergy figured out..

From a survival point of view maybe from not letting Sergy detonate maybe

But from an offensive point of view.....?

Not at all, couldn't figure Sergy out at all couldn't figure how to find the chin at all

A few good jabs and body shots mind but what about all the Sergy jabs, which went unnoticed by the Ward fans?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Hammersmith Harrier - Load of crap??

My main complaint was the end where you said Lomachenko was a true P4P fighter and Ward wasn't which he clearly is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:50 pm

It's funny how people attack me for having an opinion when it's genuine. I am glad to see decent posters having a similar view.

Some guys on here could do with pulling their big boy pants up and stop firing insults.

If I bash a fighter like GGG, I am entitled to. It's no different than guys bashing Floyd. Anyway I will be doing no stirring or banter. I realise this is a forum of boxing experts.

What I will do when I see others doing, exactly what I get accused of doing, is quote and call posters trolls when they do it.

I look forward to actually debating boxing again and if you don't want to debate with me fine. I don't care.

There are some good guys on here and I am genuinely sorry for being a pest.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Cannot believe the amount of crap being posted about this one fight. No wonder noone listens anymore when someone shouts robbery.

Very very close fight that some had Ward winning and some had Kov winning. Neither did enough to run away with it but in my eyes Ward had the cleaner sharper work and by around round 7 seemingly had Kov worked out.

Can we all also try and remember that it's not just the going forward fighter that counts, he's got to actually connect properly to have it count against his opponent, otherwise what would be the point of ANYONE actually learning to be a great defensively

While that is true

Kovalev connected with plenty after the 7th

Also being great defensively is far more impressive when you are setting up your own offence

You see Journeymen who make someone look bad by spoiling and being overly negative

I'm far more impressed with someone who makes you miss and makes you pay (Floyd made a career out of it)

Using your legs for defence by moving away from the combat zone is not that impressive and doesn't make you some sort of defensive wizard

Ward didn't figure Kovalev out otherwise he would have run away with it, he just did better

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:58 pm

You could equally argue Sergy had Ward figured out the entire twelve rounds

Didn't allow Ward to connect with his hooks and crosses both left and right practically once the whole fight

And let's assume it's the hooks and crosses which do the damage

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:01 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Cannot believe the amount of crap being posted about this one fight. No wonder noone listens anymore when someone shouts robbery.

While that is true

Kovalev connected with plenty after the 7th

Also being great defensively is far more impressive when you are setting up your own offence

You see Journeymen who make someone look bad by spoiling and being overly negative

I'm far more impressed with someone who makes you miss and makes you pay (Floyd made a career out of it)

Using your legs for defence by moving away from the combat zone is not that impressive and doesn't make you some sort of defensive wizard

Ward didn't figure Kovalev out otherwise he would have run away with it, he just did better

Excellent post, defence is far more impressive when it sets up offence

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:05 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:One thing we can all agree on

Not trolling, why do you say this?

If it's because he should of got the decision, then surely you rate Marquez over Pacquiao.

Please be consistent.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next