The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westworld

4 posters

Go down

Westworld Empty Westworld

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm

New series on SKY based on the 1973(?) sci-fi classic. HBO believe it will follow in the footsteps of recent hits such as Game of Thrones and older stuff like Deadwood. Have only watched the first episode but I'm enjoying it. Certainly darker than the film with several interesting sub plots. The ever reliable Ed Harris looks to be having fun playing a baddie and Anthony Hopkins lends the whole thing an air of gravitas.

Check it out if you can fit it in between the plethora of other shows you haven't got time to watch.

Back to top Go down

Westworld Empty Re: Westworld

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:59 pm

I'm watching this, Serial. In fact, I watched the second episode this very morning. I'm really enjoying it.

Harris is excellent. Really starts to turn the menace factor up a notch in episode 2. It's very dark and sinister and very easy to imagine something like WestWorld in the future.

It will almost certainly become wildly popular, and then you'll be inundated with posts telling you it's sh*t and the 1970's version was better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

It must be excellent if someone with a taste as discerning as yours is enjoying it, Tina.

However, I disagree that there will be Westworlds in the future given that we currently can't find people smart enough to operate a rollercoaster without it maiming people

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 Oct 2016, 8:26 am

Watched the first two episodes and really enjoying it. As you say Tina, Harris is stealing the show for sure. Wouldn't mind Newtons character getting killed off though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

Liking the concepts but find it unexciting all the same.I'll watch Hopkins in anything so will perservere.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 10:07 am

Absolutely loving this show.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:29 pm

Watched episode 6 last night.

Did not expect that ending.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 25 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Watched episode 6 last night.

Did not expect that ending.

Yeah loved that ending! Just get's better as it goes, last two episodes should be great.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 4:20 pm

Now it's over, what is the consensus? The broadsheets are saying it is capturing the zeitgeist ,whatever that means, personally I have been hugely enjoying "The Young Pope".

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 9:16 am

I really enjoyed it. Although I read a lot of fan theories throughout the season so much of the big 'shocks' weren't as big a shock to me. In a sense ruining much of the shock factor, however having certain things in my head from early in the season meant I picked up a lot of subtle clues in the background etc. that helped me understand what was going on and meant I wasn't as confused as some people in my office were.

Can't wait for season 2!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum