The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Cage

4 posters

Go down

Luke Cage Empty Luke Cage

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

Anyone catch this yet on Netflix? I know the character but not much else. If you like Daredevil, this should also appeal to you

Back to top Go down

Luke Cage Empty Re: Luke Cage

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Yep, and can't wait for him to hook up with Danny Rand as well.

It nails bringing the character up to modern ideals, and is well shot, love the nods to the old comics also.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:09 pm

I have watched the first 6 episodes and it going along grand, just one negative is the jazz music (if you can call jazz music) its annoying

All the Heroes for Hire nods are great and I hope they do something like that in the future with Cage and Iron Fist

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:14 pm

loved dare devil and jessica jones but watched the first episode and wasnt sold on it.

dodgy music, everybody seems to be trying the cool gansta role, biggy picture being randomly thrown in there to try and gain some kudos? not sold on the main character, dont really see how hes going to get into much trouble.

will stick with it as the other series around this world were brillant, but found the 1st episode fairly boring

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:28 pm

Found myself having to go back and watch season 2 of Daredevil (which I'm enjoying) but there's a fair bit of crossover between shows and characters and I can't f*cking keep up. Who the f*ck is this Jessica Jones and do I have to watch it for sh!t to make sense in other shows?

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Found myself having to go back and watch season 2 of Daredevil (which I'm enjoying) but there's a fair bit of crossover between shows and characters and I can't f*cking keep up. Who the f*ck is this Jessica Jones and do I have to watch it for sh!t to make sense in other shows?

jessica jones is another spin off and its where you first get introduced to luke cage, i would recommend watching that first. dont think it will be essential but its a great series in its own right and worth a watch and will fill in some of the blanks

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Found myself having to go back and watch season 2 of Daredevil (which I'm enjoying) but there's a fair bit of crossover between shows and characters and I can't f*cking keep up. Who the f*ck is this Jessica Jones and do I have to watch it for sh!t to make sense in other shows?

jessica jones is another spin off and its where you first get introduced to luke cage, i would recommend watching that first. dont think it will be essential but its a great series in its own right and worth a watch and will fill in some of the blanks  
Bit f*cking late now...I also hear that Netflix is doing a spin off "Punisher" Jaysus feckin' Christ!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:37 pm

punisher was a good character so will look forward to that, just make sure you watch all of series 2 of daredevil first dave Wink

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:39 pm

just remembered that jess jones also tells the whole back story of luke cage wife aswell, yeah you went the wrong way round here

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:53 pm

B*ll*cks!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:06 am

Finished this today. I wasn't sold at first, the first six or seven episodes for me were pretty average, I didn't really feel much for the character and the 'villain' was weak as p!ss, then that pretty key moment happens (no spoilers here frome me) and the season just went from strength to strength and I really ended up enjoying it

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

Finished this now, thought the series as a whole was solid, and look forward to the defenders, like the ending though it felt like it could have ended at 2-3 points.

Think the tempo was a bit off sometimes but 8/10 series for me.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 12 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm

The ending sets up another series and hopefully after the Defenders they do a Hero for Hire series with Cage/Iron Fist/Jones taking on Black Mariah and some new Villains

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

Pretty much mate...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:07 am

finished this and wasn't really impressed. it wasn't bad but wouldn't say it was good. weakest of the three shows. no good baddies, not much to the main character. all a bit meh, i was hoping that diamond back was going to be a code name for fisk. think he could have saved it. as it happens the real diamonback was poor, did anybody buy into wanting to kill your brother storyline?

it just all felt like a black love in, which is fine but just didnt do it for me. it felt like the whole show had been made to appease the current black lives matter/oscar political situation over in america

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

Awful show.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down