The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher

+18
Davie
JAS
1GrumpyGolfer
sirbenson
raycastleunited
I'm never wrong
Eyetoldyouso
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
navyblueshorts
wiretapper
McLaren
GPB
robopz
pedro
kwinigolfer
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).The PGA Tour season sputters to its conclusion this week, at the Tour Championship, in Atlanta, Georgia, at Donald Ross's East Lake design.  (Don't worry, "16/17" gets things going again in three weeks's time.)

Every golf fan has an opinion of the FedEx Play-Offs, but one thing I'd change permanently is to take the week off between "Boston" and the Beemer, then run straight from whichever city hosts the old Western Open (Philadelphia in two years' time if that makes sense to anyone but Shotrock) to Atlanta; the week off just feels as if all momentum for the thirty finalists, or at least us fans, is lost.

2).But one good thing this year is that the Tour has switched nines at East Lake; the purists were apparently not happy that the 18th hole is no longer the difficult par-3, demanding but hardly exciting, but now a Par-5 that's reachable after a super drive. Hopefully some risk/reward is included with the change.
East Lake has few enough memorable holes after all, but one is the old 6th which is played over water with a mid to long iron. Now it's the 15th and may play a more prominent part in the tournament's outcome.

3).Atlanta will be Warmlanta this week, if not exactly Hotlanta; there's no sustained "weather" in the forecast, chance of occasional shower but no strong winds, so scoring should be good.

4).And Davis LoveIII has had us all on the edge of our seats for a couple of weeks now as we all wonder who'll get his Horschel pick. Apparently Bubba and Berger, Furyk and Thomas have been with some of the USA Team at Hazeltine, a wasted trip for at least two of them but it lends credence to the idea that LoveIII is looking for an excuse to choose a Young Gun, but will fall back with Watson if both misfire.

5).Meanwhile Andrew Johnston may be targetting next year's Tour Championship as he maps out his schedule for next season, Tour card in hand. Well done to him, and interesting that the Boise Tournament Director gave a shout out to Beef as an attraction that led to record crowds.
I'm not sure that the land of Donald Drumpf and brewski thruskis is a perfect fit for Mr.Beef. Strange that he should have snapped up an endorsement for Arby's when surely Montreal's iconic Joe Beef, described as "emboldening gluttony", would have been a better match. Oh well, can't have everything.
We discussed Beef's options in last week's thread, but he's committed to the Dunhill in Scotland the week following the Ryder Cup and that clashes with the web.com Tour Championship, the fourth and final wTF event. And that means this week's wTF Round 3 is crucial to him reaching the higher echelons of the "reshuffle" priority list in getting in to 16/17 tournaments.

6).Michael Thompson, Stallings and Carballo joined Beef in earning their cards last week, while Gonzo is only about $4K from joining them. What a sweet return to the big time that would be for Mr and Mrs G.

7).The Top 25 money winners in these "finals", who are not already exempt via the web.com season-long money-list, qualify for a 16/17 Tour card and Europeans in promising position after two tournaments include:
8th: Gonzo
17th: Norlander
18th: Owen

8).It was a terrific week for another Englishman, the rather more muted, but no less ecstatic Paul Broadhurst who birdied the 18th to win the Champions Tour event at Pebble Beach, and that win puts him in a strong position for the lucrative quasi-Play-Off season finale Charles Schwab series which begins in late October.  

9).Plenty of Europeans have fattened their pension plans courtesy of the ten-year-old FedEx bonus pool.Excluding this year's hand-outs, the big winners (unofficially) have been:
$13.3M: Stenson
$5.5M:  McIlroy
$5.3M:  Donald
$3.8M:  Rose
$3.7M:  Garcia
$1.4M:  Harrington
$1.4M:  Casey
$1.1M:  Pettersson
Whilst others can look forward to at least $750K: Poulter, Laird, Jacobson, Davis, Westwood.

10).No strong feelings here as to who will ride off with the Tour Championship and/or the FedEx Cup and its $10M swag. But very interested to see if the switching of the "nines" adds some spice to the finale and obviously hoping that McIlroy flies to Hazeltine with another win under his belt, and Ray Charles's old sweet song can keep Georgia on his mind..

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty Re: PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 2:53 pm

robopz wrote:I'm in a tough spot for this Ryder Cup.  Individually I'll be rooting rah-rah USA in most all the individual matches... But the thought of Team USA winning, and in effect validateing Phil after what he did to Tom Watson last time, not to mention his "I'm the one in charge here...Me, Me, Me" attitude is revolting to me.

I liked Phil when he first came out. Began to dislike him in his FIGJAM days, started to like him again when he seemed to have an epiphany, but over the last 2 years have come to dislike him more than ever.  His scolding the PGA Tour for not setting up East Lake as nothing more than his personal RC prep, and then criticizing the lateness of the final captain's pick (when it was HIMSELF who wanted it in the first place) are just the latest illustrations of whatta dic that guy is... IMHO of course.

Robo: What is the "definition of insanity" cliche?

Albert Einstein wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Did you see the Golf Channel interview with Ken Schofield last night. Schofield told the story of how Tony Jacklin became the Captain of the 1983 Ryder Cup. Peter Alliss was in line to be the Captain of that team, keeping the tradition of the "Old Guard" as Captains of the GBI/Europe Ryder Cup Team. It wasn't the players that selected the Captain of the team, it was essentially committee of the "wheels" of EuroTour (or the GB&I PGA). It was essentially a "Lifetime Achievement" Captain Appointment.

The Players wanted someone that was more current, someone more connected with their generation. And there was a lot bickering between the constituents. Bernhard Langer, the leading player of the EuroTour in 1983, sided with the players. That prompted Schofield to ask Jacklin to Captain the team (in May, 1983 BTW). Jacklin accepted on the condition that the Team gets First Class treatment.

Anecdotally, the EuroTour Players getting ownership in the Ryder Cup may have been the springboard to their success in the last 30 years.

IMO, there are parallels to the "Phil's revolution" to the 1983 Euro RC Ryder Cup team. Could Mickelson have been more diplomatic? No question about it. But what would have been the impact had Mickelson done his thing more subliminally?

I cringed at that 2014 Post RC press Conference. Watson is one of my favorite players and I didn't like him being thrown under the proverbial bus so publicly. With the old fogies at the PGAofA, I don't think much would have changed had not someone spoken up at the 2014 Post RC Presser. The main thing that Mickelson wanted was player ownership in the process and apparently he had a lot of support from the players as they seemed to back him. (Woods & Furyk)

Will the TF be a failure if US team loses this week? Not necessarily because that is "results orientated" thinking. The 1983 Euro RC team lost and I don't think that "mutiny" was a mistake.

GPB

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty Re: PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro Wed 28 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

No doubt the US is on the right track with the new "system". Still it's fun to make fun of..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 28 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

GPB... I agree there may potential benefits to getting the "ownership" of the USA Team into the players hands. In fact I think it'll pay dividends sooner or later (I'm just not that optimistic it will this year)

But my objection with Phil is... REAL leadership is finding a way to effect change without being such a total whining dic about it... for instance:  

• Phil whines at Watson about everything...

• Phil whines at the PGA Tour for not setting up East Lake as his personal RC prep

• Phil whines at the lateness of the last pick (which was a decision made in HIS task force)

• Phil whines at what a "great captain" Sutton was, but how Sutton was entirely at fault for his poor play with Tiger in 2004... like Phil switching clubs that week had nothing to do with it. Gimme a freeking break... (https://twitter.com/JasonSobelESPN/status/781135838017036289)

My only question... if USA loses the Ryder Cup and/or Phil plays poorly... who's he gonna throw under the bus THIS time... cuz we know it surely won't be HIS fault....

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 4:34 pm

Robo: Wow. So much hyperbole. and hypocrisy

So I guess players should be like little children. Seen and not heard?

I said that Phil might have been more diplomatic but if he had been more diplomatic, would anyone have listened?

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2016, 4:51 pm

I followed some matches at MV in 1987 w/Tommy Horton who was one of Jacklin's men on the ground, before it was fashionable to have VC's everywhere. He reckoned his role was perfect, respected by all the Euro Team, but none of the Americans knew who the hell he was. Quite. (And he's the only one I knew, perhaps others also.)
The US might very well win this, but it won't be because of all the different voices shouting in DLIII's ear because they want it to be known they have an opinion. But it seems the Task Force system encourages it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2016, 4:54 pm

GPB wrote:Robo:  Wow.  So much hyperbole.  and hypocrisy

So I guess players should be like little children.  Seen and not heard?

I said that Phil might have been more diplomatic but if he had been more diplomatic, would anyone have listened?

He's not saying that you have to be quiet GPB, just that you don't have to act like a petulant child, which is how Mickelson, who is usually classy, acted to his shame and detriment.
There are ways and means of getting your point across and make it heard, but acting like he did is not how to do it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 5:06 pm

super_realist wrote:

He's not saying that you have to be quiet GPB, just that you don't have to act like a petulant child, which is how Mickelson, who is usually classy, acted to his shame and detriment.
There are ways and means of getting your point across and make it heard, but acting like he did is not how to do it.

Have you considered that Mickelson might have tried more diplomatic means and without success. The PGAofAmerica is a good ole boys club of old Fogeys who are holding onto the Ryder Cup with a death grip. I can see them not being receptive to change. My old Golf pro's brother is a high ranking PGAofA official. And he is one of the most sanctimonious and pompous b@st@rds I have met in the game of golf.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 28 Sep 2016, 5:15 pm

super_realist wrote:He's not saying that you have to be quiet GPB, just that you don't have to act like a petulant child, which is how Mickelson, who is usually classy, acted to his shame and detriment.
Bingo!!!

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2016, 5:27 pm

GPB wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Have you considered that Mickelson might have tried more diplomatic means and without success.   The PGAofAmerica is a good ole boys club of old Fogeys who are holding onto the Ryder Cup with a death grip.  I can see them not being receptive to change.  My old Golf pro's brother is a high ranking PGAofA official.  And he is one of the most sanctimonious and pompous b@st@rds I have met in the game of golf.

And you think that the R&A and those in charge of the European Tour are not a bunch of sanctimonious and pompous bastards? Come one GPB, just admit it. Mickelson was out of order.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

Tweeter Alliss @TweeterAlliss
That's Watson I ran over in 2014, just steamrolled Hal Sutton, who is next to fall under my Bus? #BusDriverPhil #rydercup

https://twitter.com/TweeterAlliss/status/781190152165220353

PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 CtdYS2vWgAA7G7f

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Have you considered that Mickelson might have tried more diplomatic means and without success.   The PGAofAmerica is a good ole boys club of old Fogeys who are holding onto the Ryder Cup with a death grip.  I can see them not being receptive to change.  My old Golf pro's brother is a high ranking PGAofA official.  And he is one of the most sanctimonious and pompous b@st@rds I have met in the game of golf.

And you think that the R&A and those in charge of the European Tour are not a bunch of sanctimonious and pompous bastards? Come one GPB, just admit it. Mickelson was out of order.

Wow, the Strawman Argument!!!

BTW, I think I already alluded to that in my earlier post when I discussed what happened in the 1983 Euro RC team.

I am saying that we don't know the rest of the story. All we have seen is what Mickelson did at the end of the 2014 RC. We don't know everything that led up to the "mutiny". Mickelson might have been frustrated because the PGAofA was not listening to the players. And IMO, there are perfectly good reasons why Mickelson did what he did.

The fact that most of the American Team did not speak out against Phil Mickelson tells me that my hypothesis is plausible.

Heaven forbid a player actually express his opinion.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:09 pm

It's not a strawman at all, you insinuate that the PGA are to blame, when every governing body of every sport is both fuddy and duddy.

I'm fine with a player expressing opinion, most players in sports are boring as paint drying, but Mickelson ought to have acted like an adult and not a kid who's had his lolly taken away.  Go mad behind doors if you like, but in public you just look like a spoilt brat.

He might have had good reasons, but he acts like a t1t.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:18 pm

What happened with the 1983 Euro RC Team? If anything, that was the year it all came together for Europe, down to the last match and a brilliant wedge by Lanny W to clinch it - different directions since then, thanks largely to Tony Jacklin and his legacy.

If Phil doesn't think much of US Ryder Cup stewardship, why the hell doesn't he step aside and give someone else a go who actually wants to play?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:38 pm

Kwini, See post at the top of the page 4 of 4. Post #150 (I think). The Ken Schofield story.

(Why aren't posts number on the page anyways?).

Super, I acknowledge that the R/A, USGA, and other personnel in the governing bodies are both FUDDY & DUDDY.

But apparently you cannot (or will not) comprehend the possibility that Mickelson's outburst at the post RC presser could have been his last resort. The PGAofA were just not listening to him or the other players. and his mutiny was one of frustration.

FTR, I don't know that this happen but IMO, it is very possible. No one knows the rest of the story.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:14 pm

Sorry GPB, I missed your comments in the middle of the rest of 'em!
Yup, pretty much knew that story, Thanks.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:22 pm

GPB wrote:Kwini, See post at the top of the page 4 of 4.  Post #150 (I think).  The Ken Schofield story.

(Why aren't posts number on the page anyways?).

Super, I acknowledge that the R/A, USGA, and other personnel in the governing bodies are both FUDDY & DUDDY.  

But apparently you cannot (or will not) comprehend the possibility that Mickelson's outburst at the post RC presser could have been his last resort.  The PGAofA were just not listening to him or the other players.  and his mutiny was one of frustration.

FTR, I don't know that this happen but IMO, it is very possible.  No one knows the rest of the story.

It might well have been the last resort as you say, but it didn't take a petulant child to turn Europe around from being a disparate bunch of no hopers into regular RC winners.

Phil might have a point, but he doesn't need to behave like a baby or a greenpeace activist. It's the manner of how he put it across, not what he said.

On the other hand, if Phil had a good, or even average RC record, I might excuse him this, but he doesn't even acknowledge his own massive contribution to America's repeated failure by virtue of the lack of points he's won. He's as much to blame as anyone else because for every game he's played he ships points to the opposition. It's like blaming the penalty spot when you miss the goal. His fault he's done so badly, not the PGA, not Captain's, HIM

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:48 pm

sheeesh....More hyperbole. and pretty RICH considering how bent you get when someone names their kid a non traditional name or happens to thank a diety.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 28 Sep 2016, 9:59 pm

GPB wrote:But apparently you cannot (or will not) comprehend the possibility that Mickelson's outburst at the post RC presser could have been his last resort.  The PGAofA were just not listening to him or the other players.  and his mutiny was one of frustration.

FTR, I don't know that this happen but IMO, it is very possible.  No one knows the rest of the story.
Huh? Oh... well that makes it entirely OK then... "So the PGA of A won't listen to me... waaah.... waaah... waaah.... So I'll show them by making my point in the most dic-ish and classless way possible."

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:19 pm

robopz wrote:
GPB wrote:But apparently you cannot (or will not) comprehend the possibility that Mickelson's outburst at the post RC presser could have been his last resort.  The PGAofA were just not listening to him or the other players.  and his mutiny was one of frustration.

Huh?  Oh... well that makes it entirely OK then...  "So the PGA of A won't listen to me... waaah.... waaah... waaah.... So I'll show them by making my point in the most dic-ish and classless way  possible."

I can't think of more dic-ish and classless ways.  **cough**

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:35 pm

GPB wrote:
robopz wrote:

Huh?  Oh... well that makes it entirely OK then...  "So the PGA of A won't listen to me... waaah.... waaah... waaah.... So I'll show them by making my point in the most dic-ish and classless way  possible."

I can't think of more dic-ish and classless ways.  **cough**
you're right... Phil could have dropped his drawers and mooned Watson... but he was to classy for that... So he just publicly eviscerated and humiliated Tom instead...

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm

Danny Willets brother not being too clever Click Here

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:11 pm

Is it super?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:15 pm

Robo: Just wondering, Did you actually read my first post on the Phil Topic.?

Or did you just read the author like you sometimes do?

Please go back and read it at the top of the page. In particular the paragraph that starts with "IMO". I said Phil could have been more diplomatic.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:14 am

GPB wrote:Robo:  Just wondering, Did you actually read my first post on the Phil Topic.?

Or did you just read the author like you sometimes do?

Please go back and read it at the top of the page.  In particular the paragraph that starts with "IMO".  I said Phil could have been more diplomatic.  
yes I read it, but he wasn't more diplomatic now was he?  I don't object to Phil being a voice for change...  What i object to is the way Phil went about purposely eviscerating Watson when there were 1000's of other ways he could have made the case for change and IMO every bit as effectively. It was totally classless then just as it was totally classless today when he gave Sutton the same treatment.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 2:13 am

1000's of other ways. More hyperbole. SIGH

What I am trying to say that he might have already gone the diplomatic route, and didn't get any satisfaction from the Old Guard at the PGAofA.

The PGAofA powers that be might not have listened to him. Its Phil being Phil. Throwing Watson under the Bus might have been his last resort. To say it a public forum. It might have been the only way to evoke change. IMO, we don't have Paul Harvey's Rest of the Story.

And again, I don't remember reading much criticism from the other US players or even the vice-Captains at the 2014 Ryder Cup. That tells me there is a lot that we don't know.

BTW, I have been blogging with you on a nearly a daily basis for the last 730 days. Now, suddenly, you start ripping on P-Mick. I don't remember this rhetoric from you in Oct-2014. Of course the blogs have been deleted so it can't be cited one way or another.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Sep 2016, 7:59 am

GPB wrote:1000's of other ways.  More hyperbole.  SIGH

What I am trying to say that he might have already gone the diplomatic route,  and didn't get any satisfaction from the Old Guard at the PGAofA.

The PGAofA powers that be might not have listened to him.  Its Phil being Phil.  Throwing Watson under the Bus might have been his last resort.  To say it a public forum.  It might have been the only way to evoke change.  IMO, we don't have Paul Harvey's Rest of the Story.

And again, I don't remember reading much criticism from the other US players or even the vice-Captains at the 2014 Ryder Cup.  That tells me there is a lot that we don't know.

BTW, I have been blogging with you on a nearly a daily basis for the last 730 days.  Now, suddenly, you start ripping on P-Mick.  I don't remember this rhetoric from you in Oct-2014.  Of course the blogs have been deleted so it can't be cited one way or another.

How could he have tried 1000's of other options in the half hour between losing the Ryder Cup and appearing in the post match conference?
If the USA had won, do you think he would have had anything to complain about?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:00 am

I'm never wrong wrote:Danny Willets brother not being too clever Click Here

Seems like a good summation of American golf fans. Shame on Danny because he's going to cop it by the exact same type of person his brother has highlighted, proving the point.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:37 am

super_realist wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:Danny Willets brother not being too clever Click Here

Seems like a good summation of American golf fans. Shame on Danny because he's going to cop it by the exact same type of person his brother has highlighted, proving the point.
Bad timing nevertheless. Must be a distraction for Danny.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:38 am

robo/gbp

Are you talking about phils comments about Hal Sutton and the 2004 RC? Got to say it is pretty odd for phil to dredge that up.

Super

The article by Willett's brother is a lot more imbecilic than your average baba boey shouter.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:52 am

Ironically, PJ Willetts comments on American golf fans are probably more likely to fire up their players than the absurdly stupid "task force" is. Own goal.

Mac, PJ Willet isn't saying any of those things whilst golf is in play.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm

GPB wrote:BTW, I have been blogging with you on a nearly a daily basis for the last 730 days.  Now, suddenly, you start ripping on P-Mick.  I don't remember this rhetoric from you in Oct-2014.  Of course the blogs have been deleted so it can't be cited one way or another.
Then you weren't paying attention in 2014.... remember the cartoon below I cobbled up and posted?   It was apropos to Phil and Watson then as it is to Phil and Sutton today...

Bottom line is this... As you alluded to... I really came to like Phil when I felt he'd pretty much morphed away from his FIGJAM persona starting in the later part of the last decade, and defended him against what I considered were unwarranted attacks.  But I was VERY vocal and critical about him ambushing Watson in 2014.  But I didn't remain fixated on it for the last two years because I have no overall burn against Phil and overall I'm WAY more of a fan of his than a critic.  

Now if you want to conjure up and keep repeating some evidenceless "last resort" fairy tale that justifies Phil being a dic in the way he handled the Watson deal then be my guest.  But sorry, I ain't buying. Either that it was his last resort or his behavior that day was justified even if it was.

And now...  him acting as much of if not even more the pompous arse the last month or so, I'm criticizing him again, because IMO he deserves it again.  That's the way I roll... I call 'em as I see 'em.  When praise is warranted, I praise... but when criticism is warranted, I criticize. And right now... Phil deserves the criticism he's getting from so many directions... NOT just mine. 
PGA Tour: Georgia On My Mind: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Phil-w10

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:52 pm

Anyone want to start a RC thread?

I'll write some notes but this has been an unusual week and they'll be late.

Maybe even change the title of sirbenson's European Tour thread?? Could post match-ups there also.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:56 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Anyone want to start a RC thread?

I'll write some notes but this has been an unusual week and they'll be late.

Maybe even change the title of sirbenson's European Tour thread?? Could post match-ups there also.
please start a new thread. Problem with adding on to existing threads with high page counts is they're harder to navigate on mobile

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:33 pm

pedro wrote:http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/heated-debate-chamblee-duval-leadership-vs-execution

This is good
Duval: "Well having actually been out there and done it, there's more to it than just what the stats say."

Chamblee: "You think that actually having to be out there to do it, determines whether or not you can pass judgement on it or not? I wasn't at the Boston Tea Party but I can tell you all about it."
Typical Chamblee. An A-rated A-hole.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Navy - Obviously, works hard and gets the ratings the GC needs, but I find him to be as you describe! Not my cup of tea.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 2:09 pm

Robo:

I have been reading the post 2014 RC Presser.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=103079

For your convenience I have cut/pasted questions Phil answered.

Spoiler:

Sorry, I don't see "evisceration", "humiliation", "ambushing".

I do see Phil answering the questions asked, and giving credit to Azinger and his system

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 29 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

What is truly priceless is Mahan's reaction
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2014/sep/29/phil-mickelson-us-ryder-cup-captain-tom-watson-video

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

In that video, Mickelson is focusing on what Azinger did right, and NOT what Watson did wrong.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

America have been saying that sort of stuff all the time.

"This time we're more of a team"

"This time we have a strategy"

It's getting tiring.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

super_realist wrote:America have been saying that sort of stuff all the time.

"This time we're more of a team"

"This time we have a strategy"

It's getting tiring.

I wonder what golf forums would be like if posters could not repeat the same sort of stuff all the time.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 3:22 pm

You 9chin lickspittle
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 29 Sep 2016, 3:27 pm

Reported by the BBC Sport website http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/37157479

Ryder Cup veteran Phil Mickelson apologises to former captain Hal Sutton for criticism of his leadership in 2004. The five-time major winner was critical when asked about the importance of captains, using the example of Sutton's decision to pair him with Tiger Woods on the opening day at Oakland Hills when they lost both matches and never played together again.

Phil Mickelson said not wrote:I was totally in the wrong. I never should have brought that up. I used an extreme example the way decisions can affect play and I never should have done that because it affected Hal.

EDIT: Scooped by Robo on the Real Ryder Cup thread

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 01 Oct 2016, 9:04 pm

Rory got a fan kicked out. Apparently he asked security to eject a guy that shouted "suck a d**k Rory" in his face coming off the 8th.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4