The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should the Scottish leg of the 7s be played?

Go down

Where should the Scottish leg of the 7s be played? Empty Where should the Scottish leg of the 7s be played?

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 pm

There was a story in the Scotsman about 10 days ago saying that this year's tournament at Murrayfield would be the last to be held there and that it was being moved to Scotstoun in Glasgow.
Part of me can understand why - 15/20,000 rattling around the stadium doesn't give the best atmosphere but, restricting capacity to 10,000 per day, will lose about 10,000 spectator or so over the weekend. On the plus side, taking it to Glasgow would try to build a base of interest so that, when the 7s appear in the Coomonwealth Games (at Ibrox, I think), there may be a few more bums on seats.
Take it to Melrose? Nah, I think they should keep that special for their own 7s.
Lastly (and without wanting to sound patronising) there maybe players from the likes of Russia, Spain, Portugal etc who really want to play at Murrayfield as they will have sen it on TV.
Where do you think the event should be held?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down