The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher

+12
MontysMerkin
SmithersJones
Roller_Coaster
GPB
Shotrock
wiretapper
pedro
super_realist
McLaren
navyblueshorts
robopz
kwinigolfer
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Sep 2016, 5:37 pm

1).Davis Love made the fairly predictable choices last Monday of Fowler, Holmes and Kuchar as his first three "picks" for Team USA and seemed pretty pleased with himself. But now comes the hard part. You don't have to study too hard to read what's between the lines of his pga.com interview, as he has his Holmes but not his, or anyone else's it seems, Watson:

2)."These are the three guys we want right now." Which translated means: We didn't want Bubba.

3).We're looking for "guys we think are going to handle this stage and fit in with the group, be ready to play under that pressure". Not have a career singles record of 0 - 3, eh Bubba? (The same as Spieth's Pres Cup / Ryder Cup singles record, as it happens, the answer to the age-old trivia question: What do Messrs DeLaet, McDowell and Leishman have in common?) And, with this somewhat cliquey group, perhaps Bubba doesn't "fit in"?

4)."Rickie had a big schedule, with a lot weighing on him and he missed the Tour Championship by half a point," said Davis.
Bubba, on the other hand, played the same number (8) events from July 1st thru last week, outplayed Rickie in the Olympics, has won on Tour this season and is ranked higher in the owgr's. Oh, and Bubba didn't miss the Tour Championship, he made it comfortably.

5).I don't think the Task Force did Love any favours breaking up the timing of his Captain's Picks. He's clearly dissed Bubba and made it very difficult for Love to go back and choose him now.
On the other hand, Bubba could win the Tour Championship - how would he then feel about playing on a Team that has made it obvious that they don't want him?

6).Big sympathies for Bubba here, but what will Capt Love do now?  
New blood? The punditry seems to think he'll choose a young gun, Berger or Thomas - and one would think Thomas's relationship with LoveIV and cliquey best buds with Fowler and Spieth will help him if he can only help himself in Atlanta.

Or an Old head? Possibly Furyk, but I'd go with Dufner, 6 wins against 2 losses in his Presidents/Ryder Cups career, including 2 - 0 in singles. And a proven partner for Zach Johnson. Not to mention that Dufner would take the situation in his stride,

7).The wTF four-tournament action resumes in Boise, Idaho, where it's just warming up again after some frigid temps.
You know the score: The Top 25 money winners in this series, who have not already earned their Tour card via the web.com regular season, earn Tour cards for the 2016/2017 season. And the more money they earn, the higher their status with the stragglers probably only getting to play two of the first eight events, and likely only 2 of the following 8 also.

8).This is the fourth year for wTF and the 25th man on the past three money-lists has earned no less than $42K and no more than $44.3K.
So let's say $45K should get you a card, which would mean DeChambeau, Gonzales, Lindheim and Etulain already have their cards assured.
European standings after one event:
T11: Norlander
T13: Gonzo
T24: Johnston
etc.

9).Gregory Bourdy is throwing his chapeau into the wTF ring this week, joining Andrew Johnston and Aphibarnrat as potential European Tour defectors. Easily forgotten that highlights of Bourdy's season included T18 finishes in the US Open and PGA Championship. Bon chance.

10).Congrat's to Dustin Johnson on his BMW win and he joins Rory and Tiger as three-time FedEx Cup Play Off winners.
Meanwhile, Bubba Watson must be thrilled he championed the US cause in Rio when the Jordans and Dustins stayed at home. It sounds as if Bubba embraced the whole experience, proud to represent USA on the world's second biggest international stage. But the good old USA is not embracing Bubba, despite his 8th-place finish, and that's a shame which might make potential candidates for the Tokyo golf action think twice about playing in four years' time.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:15 am

Moved from other thread to here...

Doug Ferguson is reporting Rory Sabbatini (age 40), Geoff Ogilvy (39) & Carl Pettersson (39) have all applied to use their top-50 careerr money exemption. Sabbatini almost assuredly won't need it as he had a good finish in the first WTF event and one or two more made cuts gets his card back. Ogilvy considered playing the WTF but decided against it.
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/doug-ferguson/notes-ogilvy-39-use-career-money-exemption/

robopz

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Elementary Bubba Watson: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:32 am

Interesting format for the ET co-sanction "World Super 6 Perth". I'm not quite sure the format will "revolutionize golf" like they seem to think, but I'm all for trying something new.

Generally it's a 4 day event, first 2 days results in a traditional cut after 36 holes of traditional stroke play, then another round of stroke play (and playoff if necessary) to reduce the field to 24 players.

This is where it gets interesting. "Those remaining players will then earn their places in the six-hole shoot-out.

Any matches tied after the six holes will be decided by playing the new Knockout Hole - a purpose-built 90-metre hole which will be constructed at Lake Karrinyup, with a new tee placed adjacent to the 18th fairway and utilising the 18th green.

The Knockout Hole will be played once and if a winner is still not decided, the competitors will return to the new tee and take on a nail-biting decider, with the victor decided on a nearest-the-pin contest where only the first shot counts.

That player will then progress to the next round of the match play or, in the case of the final match, win the tournament."

I see some potential issues with this format, but I appreciate out of the box thinking in an attempt to increase interest in golf, so will give it a watch before I criticize. Only thing I wonder now... how do they reduce a field from 24 to a winner using knockout 6-hole matches? Are there some bye's or something?

Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016014/news/newsid=308526.html#uVhLTl3jtww5CoaO.99

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:36 am

Hi robo,

Appreciate the update on Top 50 exemptions.
Pettersson has had a terrible year, had 3 x w/d's and not played since July, not even Greensboro where I believe he's still on the Board - can't understand why he wouldn't take his web.com exemption, plus Past Champion starts and s/e's and get his form and health back. Having said which, perhaps he feels it's now or never and that exemption might not be there in any future year!

Sabbatini also a puzzler; he took two months off (medical? or suspension??) and now back playing. But why would he take the career exemption now? As you say, it might be a moot point.

Ogilvy I get, but would still think he'd use other channels rather than use his safety net now.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:09 am

Good writeup as usual Kwini. From a European point of view, if DLIII doesn't pick Bubba, that would seem to be a bad thing. I'm not sure I share the sympathy if Bubba misses out though. The RC is a team event and if DLIII doesn't see Bubba as a team player...
Personally, I'm not sure why the RC captains don't have 12 picks.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Sep 2016, 10:33 am

Navy, I can see why you would say the captain should have 12 picks certainly compared to a qualifying system and picks mix. If you want to use a qualifying system then design it to work for slots 1-12, why abandon it at a particular point? If they want to use picks why not leave it all to the captains judgment then at least there would be a point to having a captain.

Kwini - nice write up thumbsup

As a Sherlock fan I love the title. Not so keen about Gerry's association with Dr Watson.

Again on the same page as Navy, no sympathy for Gerry. He is a thoroughly unlikable chap and given the choice you would surely keep him away from the team. I am sure many of the US team don't hold particularly progressive views, but Gerry has been stupid enough to voice his.

Who is Moriarty?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 10:36 am

Wasn't Watson voted the biggest bumhole on Tour by this peers?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Sep 2016, 10:53 am

super_realist wrote:Wasn't Watson voted the biggest bumhole on Tour by this peers?

Given his views on the gays I doubt it is.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 11:10 am

Although he is a horrid person, given that many of his peers come from the same branch of intolerant, poorly educated, ignorant, uncultured, southern redneck, , republican voting, religious nutterdom has he does, he must be a particularly nasty person to gain such a title.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 15 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Wasn't Watson voted the biggest bumhole on Tour by this peers?

Given his views on the gays I doubt it is.
Laugh Sorry, I shouldn't laugh.... Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 12:25 pm

I think those "peers" who voted Bubba "the biggest bumhole on Tour" must have included the US Task Force (kinda surprising as Fowler goes back quite a long way with Watson, but why have Fowler on the Task Force in the first place?), Love and all the Team.
Bubba was also 9th on their points list, with 30% more points than anyone who's likely to be the twelfth man.

Just think it's a silly system which is more likely to engender more bad feeling if Bubba has a strong finish at an East Lake course he admittedly doesn't much care for.

Not to mention his Olympic participation and $hundreds of thousands he's given to charity these past few weeks.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Sep 2016, 12:33 pm

A multi millionaire giving to charity to ensure passage to becoming immortal in a paradise is a slightly hollow gesture. drumroll
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:18 pm

Quite probably Mac, and my post got a bit jumbled.
But for all his stupidity and tone-deafness Bubba is a force for a lot of good on the PGA Tour and with its charitable endeavours.
And: I still think the Olympic thing is a big deal - in purely golf terms he's been screwed.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:25 pm

I don't think you can grant Watson a Ryder Cup berth just because he might have given money to charity or because he played in the Olympics.

Who cares if he played in the Olympics, he didn't get a medal, so he failed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:32 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Quite probably Mac, and my post got a bit jumbled.
But for all his stupidity and tone-deafness Bubba is a force for a lot of good on the PGA Tour and with its charitable endeavours.
And: I still think the Olympic thing is a big deal - in purely golf terms he's been screwed.

Maybe, but he knew it was top-8 and 4 picks. Why have 4 picks at all if #9 has to be in? I kind of agree a bit re. his Olympics, where he represented the U.S.A., as the RC team does. I would have thought that might have helped his case a bit, if not hugely.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:45 pm

super,
No, but he knew he was in a vulnerable position re Ryder Cup points and still was outspoken in his determination to go and represent the US when the Jordans and Dustins wussied out. Plus he has outperformed Fowler, for instance, in every possible criteria except that of career-long Mr Nice Guy.

I'm not arguing so much for Bubba as I am against a system that was badly flawed and inevitably subject to Murphy's Law, not to mention that he now has a dozen or more Tour players who he knows don't want any part of him.

And all will be forgotten if Europe lose.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:57 pm

Still think the Olympics is irrelevant. Choosing to go to the Olympics doesn't mean you should get preferential treatment over someone who didn't go.

The whole point of the Captain's pick is to pick someone who will be good for the team, not where they ranked on previous events, qualification table, how much they give to charity or how much they claim to love America.

I don't think the system has an issue here. Watson doesn't appear to be wanted, and given that his game's not in good shape, he has a terrible RC record and that he's not well liked and isn't a team player it seems that Watson's possible exclusion from the RC has nothing to do with the system and everything to do with Rev Watson.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

super_realist wrote:Although he is a horrid person, given that many of his peers come from the same branch of intolerant, poorly educated, ignorant, uncultured,  southern redneck, , republican voting, religious nutterdom has he does, he must be a particularly nasty person to gain such a title.
wow... Just wow.

Last edited by robopz on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:28 pm

robopz wrote:
super_realist wrote:Although he is a horrid person, given that many of his peers come from the same branch of intolerant, poorly educated, ignorant, uncultured,  southern redneck, , republican voting, religious nutterdom has he does, he must be a particularly nasty person to gain such a title.
wow... Just wow.

Been watching too much Hollywood Robo? That's right out of the same clichéd handbook as "That's what I'm talking about" and "Really?"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:37 pm

super_realist wrote:
robopz wrote:
wow... Just wow.

Been watching too much Hollywood Robo? That's right out of the same clichéd handbook as "That's what I'm talking about" and "Really?"
no... Just couldn't help but to notice while you maintain your anti religion thing.... Seem you have your own "holier than thou" thing down pat.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:39 pm

Nothing to do with religion, just that it's one of the many similarities Watson has with his peers, yet, despite this and all the other things many of them have in common with him, they don't seem to like him or want him on the team, hence, Watson is at fault for his non-inclusion.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:45 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Quite probably Mac, and my post got a bit jumbled.
while I certainly think the over the top ignorance of some of Bubba derision on this board is beyond the pale... Bubba's made his own bed. I honestly think the guy has made a legitimate effort to be less of a d##k and his charitable efforts are genuine.... But that doesn't mean his efforts to be a better man are entirely working or un-does the past.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:48 pm

super_realist wrote:Nothing to do with religion, just that it's one of the many similarities Watson has with his peers, yet, despite this and all the other things many of them have in common with him, they don't seem to like him or want him on the team, hence, Watson is at fault for his non-inclusion.
I certainly agree with the last part if that... And seems it could have been originally stated as such minus all the other invective.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

I thought it important to distinguish that the reason he isn't liked or wanted is nothing to do with the many faults he has, as they are not unique to him and often repeated amongst his so called peers.

This is just more evidence of how disunited the United States team is that they close ranks so much to oust someone, whilst the people on the "task force" couldn't come from a worse group of Ryder Cup losers if you tried.

Imagine if America put this much effort into actually winning?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

Super

Odd that you complain about the right wingers on the team when you are one. For a young Scottish man you are incredibly right wing.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:03 pm

Actually Mac, I'm largely apolitical rather than party political.

Furthermore, being Scottish doesn't mean you ought to be left wing.

I'm just not as liberal as you are. Doesn't mean I'm right wing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm

Historically only a-holes paid tithe.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm

Kwini... In the long term Bubba has out performed Fowler... But over the last 4-6 months hard to make that case. Honestly, I don't see what Bubba brings to the table right now other than his length. If anyone has earned that last spot on form... It's probably Moore, but his issue is he's shirt off the tee. I don't think you have to be a bomber for Hazeltine... But short ain't good

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:18 pm

Wise move not to pick Bubba.

When Casey was pipped (as 6th in the owgr) it wasn't only because he didn't prioritise the ET. It was also because he wasn't well liked by some veterans.

Knox being pipped also has to do with team dynamics and gel'ing with the others (that sounded a bit poof?).

So it won't be unprecedented if Bubba is left out.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm

Balls in the air in Boise, Idaho, (polar opposite politically of Vermont if you're wondering) for Event #2 of this year's web.com Tour Finals.
And they're teeing off in the remnants of a polar airmass, temps in the 30's though it should warm up into a decent weekend.

Agree to disagree with all Bubba opinions - still think he got shafted, like him or not, by Love, the Task Force and PGA.robo,
All I'm saying is that Love (and his 11 best mates) is in a pickle; not likely that Bubba wins next week, but if he does . . . . . what does he do? Still go with Justin Thomas or Berger?? Far better to have gone with all four picks when he had the chance. (I'm a fan of Moore but can't see Love choosing him unless he wins in Atlanta.)

On a somewhat related topic, the Golf Digest Undercover Pro reckons Sullivan and Willett are anything other than best friends, apparently a grudge from way back. Anyone know what that's all about?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm

super_realist wrote:I thought it important to distinguish that the  reason he isn't liked or wanted is nothing to do with the many faults he has, as they are not unique to him and often repeated amongst his so called peers.
then talk about his percieved faults if you wish... Just don't be so ignorant to paint so many others with the same broad brush.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:35 pm

Kwini... Agree to the extent that 4th pick can be a curse. When it was originally decided to hold one back... I thought there would be 2 more events, not just one. IMO that pretty much mitigates the Horschel factor by at least half.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:43 pm

pedro,
Agree about Casey, but that was a Montgomerie thing, no sense that it was a decision in collusion with the organization or the rest of the Team.

Ironically, no doubt DC wishes he had had a a fourth "pick"!

robo,
Can't find a stretch over the past six months when Rickie outplayed Bubba, pretty much a wash - whatever the measurement is.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:48 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:On a somewhat related topic, the Golf Digest Undercover Pro reckons Sullivan and Willett are anything other than best friends, apparently a grudge from way back. Anyone know what that's all about?

Never heard that before. Did the undercover pro say if it was related to golf or on personal terms?

If you google Sullivan all you get are tabloid columns about him dumping his partner and mother of his children by text. Maybe Willett was a friend of his ex partner.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:51 pm

I also heard Sullivan got caught rodgerising someone when his wife turned up on tour unannounced.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:51 pm

"He and Willett will never be partners at the Ryder Cup. They really don't like each other. Goes back to their amateur days apparently."

That's all it says.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Thu 15 Sep 2016, 4:33 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:"He and Willett will never be partners at the Ryder Cup. They really don't like each other. Goes back to their amateur days apparently."

That's all it says.

Apologies Kwini I can shed no further light on the Willet / Sully spat but kinda on topic David Howell was on Sky Sports a fews weeks back talking about his Ryder Cup experiences and he said there was plenty of players on the team that didn't like each other but for the week would put it all behind them, become best buddies only to go back to hating each other when it was over.

The topic came up beacause they were discussing why the European teams have this perceived togetherness that the US team doesn't and his repsonse was you just knew to put to the back of your mind, not bring it up at all and get on with the task in hand.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 6:39 pm

Interesting wire.

Surely not a coincidence that the only European Team to lose during the past 15+ years was Faldo's crew in 2008, and there was little or no sign of camaraderie there - perhaps the cliquey US Teams should take note of what Howler says!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:07 pm

I, for one, am glad that Bubba is not (yet) on the US team.

Worry about any "message" it sends to him? Not me ... if you didn't earn your way on to the team, then you really should not take any offense if not selected (Paul Casey).

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

What's the general view in America SR? Are people backing a particular player or are they actually wanting him on the team?
Leaving it until 25th seems a bad way to integrate a player into the team given that it's only a few days before first tee. Another American clanger?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

Can't speak to the general view ... but, IMO, another epic "overthink" by the US capn's.
These guys would would rewrite a STOP sign.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:32 pm

How long until America actually recruit a European ex player/captain to get their ship in order?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

Fred Couples

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:40 pm

They're too stubborn to bring back Azinger who has actually won the thing.
(And, no, I'm not advocating a return by Crenshaw.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:14 pm

Kwini, if you think last six months are so important, why was Lee Westwood picked and not Russell Knox?

Apparently Darren Clarke's wildcard pick of Lee Westwood should not be questioned, but DL-III's Rickie pick and Bubba's non pick should be carefully scrutinized.

If Lee Westwood can be picked because of his positive presence in the team room why can't Rickie be picked because of his positive presence in the team room.

And if Paul Casey wasn't picked because Euro players didn't like him, why can't Bubba be snubbed because US Players don't like him?

Last edited by GPB on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed "picked" to "snubbed" in the last paragraph)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm

Pretty sure Paul Casey cannot be picked because he's not a member of the ET. Maybe I'm wrong?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:17 pm

Re: Nick Faldo as RC Captain 2008

Peter Kostis wrote:"Whether he knows it or not, Faldo has done the next European captain a great service. By leaving Clarke and Montgomerie off the team, he has pushed Sergio Garcia, Lee Westwood and Padraig Harrington into leadership positions. No matter who makes the team for Celtic Manor in 2010, the European side would seem to be assured of having leadership, experience and talent. In the long run, Faldo has ensured that the Euros will remain strong by making this the year of transition."

(Bolding mine)

-September 2008 (before the 2008 Ryder Cup was played)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm

Shotrock wrote:Pretty sure Paul Casey cannot be picked because he's not a member of the ET. Maybe I'm wrong?

Correct, I was talking about his non-pick in 2010.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:20 pm

GPB, Westwood was picked because if it had been Knox or Kjeldsen that would mean 7 "rookies"
Nothing really to do with form and everything to do with consolidating some experience and nouse into the team. Knox was also seen as an outsider and one dimensional game.

Westwood has the advantage of having a positive record in terms of points accumulated. Fowlers record is dreadful, so even if he lifted the team, he gives away more points than any "lifting" of the team could gain.

Casey can't be picked because he doesn't meet the criteria to be picked.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:27 pm

super_realist wrote:GPB, Westwood was picked because if it had been Knox or Kjeldsen that would mean 7 "rookies"
Nothing really to do with form and everything to do with consolidating some experience and nouse into the team. Knox was also seen as an outsider and one dimensional game.

Westwood has the advantage of having a positive record in terms of points accumulated. Fowlers record is dreadful, so even if he lifted the team, he gives away more points than any "lifting" of the team could gain.

Casey can't be picked because he doesn't meet the criteria to be picked.

Yes, I know, Darren Clarke's picks SHALL NOT be QUESTIONED, because .... well... Just because.

But DL-III's picks will be scrutinized! because....well....just because.

and again, I am talking about Monty's non-pick of Casey in 2010.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next