The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!!

2 posters

Go down

Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!! Empty Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 03 Sep 2016, 11:39 am

At the height of the hatred towards Boxing's towering Black heavyweight champion there was Luther Mccarty. ..

A Handsome..Young..Farm hand that could more importantly fight...

Nat Fleischer : " Lute McCarty the great white hope champion would have fought Johnson instead of Willard had he not died"

Dewitt Van Court : "Unquestionably the greatest prospect since John L Sullivan"..

Ny Times Jan 1913 : "McCarty has figured in 22 bouts and stopped 16 opponents....However it is extremely doubtful that those 6 could last against him now..Willard might but he'd have few backers"..

McCarty was due to fight Johnson in New Mexico on independence day 1913...When he collapsed in the first round during a warm up fight against Arthur Pelkey...Coroner ruled that a fall from a horse in the weeks before the fight probably caused his cerebral haemorrhage..Those in attendance would state it was a nothing punch that felled the kid with the matinee idol looks......

The stadium was burned down the next day by grief stricken fans..

Would he have beaten Johnson ??...I doubt it !!...

Notable fights include ;

Ko16 Fireman Jim Flynn
ND10 Jessica Willard...

Died on the 24th May 1913 aged 21....... rose

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!! Empty Re: Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!!

Post by milkyboy Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:17 am

Never heard of the guy truss, but considered it an outrage that you try and do a historical thread and no-one replies.

I hope Rowley's ashamed of himself.

Might as well do another mayweather thread. Or was their a floyd angle in this one I missed?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!! Empty Re: Luther Mccarty (1892-1913) - Boxing's greatest ever White Hope !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:31 am

What do you mean try ??.... Cool ..

I appreciate your gesture though.... and it didn't come from any old poster....

But the King of the Winkers !!.....I'm honored.... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down