The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnie Schwarzenegger / John Wayne - Brothers in arms ???

2 posters

Go down

Arnie Schwarzenegger / John Wayne - Brothers in arms ??? Empty Arnie Schwarzenegger / John Wayne - Brothers in arms ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Aug 2016, 12:40 pm

Watched Predator the other day and I was thinking Arnie was one of the few screen idols who you could take seriously taking on an invincible alien...The only other one I could think of was John Wayne..

Both can't/couldn't act but have huge charisma and presence on screen as well as being tall and well built..

Got to thinking that I could see Wayne in all Arnie's roles and vice versa...

For me these two are the two most indestructible powerhouses to ever hit the screen...

Anyone agree or am I a p***k...??

Or maybe you agree and I'm still a p***k..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Arnie Schwarzenegger / John Wayne - Brothers in arms ??? Empty Re: Arnie Schwarzenegger / John Wayne - Brothers in arms ???

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 19 Aug 2016, 3:55 pm

Personally I could never see John Wayne as a futuristic cyborg...probably because I've only ever seen him in Westerns, plus a couple of WWII films.

I don't think he had Arnie's sense of humour and willingness to parody himself...though I could be wrong.

Also I could never see Arnie saying lines like, "Go for yer guns, ya varmint" (at least, not with that accent Shocked ).

So...yeah. I think I'd just advise you to cut down on the cheese before bedtime. Wink Both great actors, but for different reasons and I don't see them as being interchangeable.

On further reflection, I could see Wayne in something like The Expendables. That would have suited him down to the ground I reckon.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down