The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia

+7
doctor_grey
mikey_dragon
greenandpleasantland
majesticimperialman
BamBam
neilthom7
Rugby Fan
11 posters

Go down

Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia Empty Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 06 Aug 2016, 4:49 am

On Saturday morning, the Brumbies issued a statement saying Lealiifano had been diagnosed with leukaemia after a brief illness. Lealiifano is currently in hospital in Canberra. The news has devastated the playing group, the coaches and the staff at the Brumbies headquarters.

"At the moment it's just a matter of ensuring Christian receives the best care and support he can at this time," Brumbies chief Phil Thomson said. "He is one of the most respected players within this group and this news has come as a huge shock to all of our players, coaches and staff. Everyone knows that Christian is an amazing young man, an important member of this team and of the Canberra community.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Christian and his family at this time."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-06/christian-lealiifano-diagnosed-with-leukaemia/7697038

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia Empty Re: Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia

Post by neilthom7 Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:52 am

Horrible to hear, it's an awful disease. Hopefully he will be able to recover from it, definately wishing him the best of luck.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia Empty Re: Wallaby Christian Lealiifano has Leukemia

Post by BamBam Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:58 am

Awful news, best wishes to him

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 06 Aug 2016, 9:00 am

It is a shame really. Hope he can recover from this and carry on playing.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 06 Aug 2016, 9:55 am

Speaking as someone with the chronic myeloid version of leukaemia it's amazing how good the treatments are. The disease sucks if I'm honest and my thoughts and hopes are with him and his family. He can beat this the TKI drugs that are now used are incredible.
Good luck to him and hope I will get to watch him play again soon

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Aug 2016, 11:05 am

Always thought he was a good player, and the typical Aussie utility back who could play well across the backline. I hope he makes a swift recovery as I'd love to see him playing out on the rugby field again.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Aug 2016, 9:12 pm

Kind of amazing he just played for Wallabies. Hoping his cancer was caught early, is one of the easier forms to treat, and his medical team nails it cold.

To me, every form of cancer is evil.  Leukemia is more so because it attacks the very cells in our bodies we need to fight infection.  I know some research scientists who look for cures.  These are some of the real brilliant people in medicine.  

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:34 am

I can only echo what's been said above. Fantastic player and I thought he'd be an automatic pick for the Wallabies for some time. Hopefully he'll make a decent recovery and we'll see him play again.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:34 am

All the best to him in his recovery. I was pretty shocked when I saw Jamie Roberts tweet his best wishes to him and then found out why.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:57 am

Horrible news, best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 08 Aug 2016, 2:55 pm

That's sad news to hear. Excellent player and best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down