The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gomorrah

2 posters

Go down

Gomorrah  Empty Gomorrah

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Jun 2016, 8:05 pm

Not sure if anyone else has been watching this, but if not you really should give it a go. I’ll try and avoid spoilers but the story is set in Naples and tells the story of the town’s infamous Gomorrah crime organisation. Am sure some of us will have read Roberto Saviano’s book of the same name or seen the film it inspired, if so you’ll be pleased to know the series is very much in the same vein. It eschews the tendency towards glamorisation that frequently blights Hollywood’s portrayal of the mafia, going for a far more gritty and I suspect realistic portrayal of how things are.

The first series focusses on the Savastano family headed by patriarch and all round scary type Pietro, who is feared and respected in equal measures. He is ably aided by trusted lieutenant Ciro and hindered by his mummy’s boy Son Genny. The series follows their daily struggles for supremacy on the streets of the lucrative but cut throat drug trade, the internal struggles for power and status and the ongoing fight to avoid arrest or murder. Without giving too much away it all builds up to a bloody conclusion.

The first series was good, but the second series which is now reaching its conclusion is even better, it is hard to say too much about series two without giving the outcome of the first away but the second series is even better. The pacing of it is more frenetic, there is not the need to introduce the characters and the rivalries developed in the first series are now fully developed and explored.

The series is Italian so inevitably is subtitled, but if you can put up with this, which I feel adds to its authenticity your effort is very much rewarded. This is comfortably my favourite thing on TV at the minute and a show I genuinely cannot recommend highly enough. Does anyone else feel likewise

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Gomorrah  Empty Re: Gomorrah

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm

Saw the first two or three episodes a few months back & up to the point where he enters that cafe & the bomb goes off. I thought it was brilliant start to the series, but for some strange reason, I just didn't watch any more episodes & don't really know why Laugh. Think I will download that first series at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm

You should mate, it gets better. The second series has been brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 19 Jun 2016, 2:29 pm

watched the first episode on kodi, dont know if it was the version i was watching but the subtitles barely made sense half the time. is it like this all the time or was it just that one. the translation to English was appalling

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Will try give it a go but am currently watching the adaptation of the "Preacher" graphic novel. Friend of mine is massively into all this stuff and showed me a couple of the books. Never followed the comic book fad (certainly not to the degree he did) but it' something that always stuck with me even though I'm unable to say with any certainty how true the tv series is to the original comic.

Rowley, have started reading "The Cartel" by Don Winslow, haven't got that far but am thoroughly enjoying what I've read so far. Am sure it will be as good as his other work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm

Have read it Dave, it is excellent. Personally I think it is better than power of the dog.

CnR, I watched it all on sky and don't recall the subtitles being hard to follow so might have been an dodgy one or something.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:35 am

yeah spoke with a couple of friends and they said it was fine, must have been the one i was watching

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:57 pm

Have managed to download the first season, apparently has hard coded English subs but can't say whether they're any good or have been done by Gino DiCampo ably assisted by Joey Essex.

Next problem will be trying to find time to watch it given my evenings are filled with kids tv, or the wife's Soaps, reality TV and other such sh!te. Nope, looks like late nights in bed tablet watching or when I'm on a late shift...great, I'll start tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum