The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST

+2
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST  Empty SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun - 11:07

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST SOMERSET THIS EVENING AT TAUNTON.
There wasn't enough room on the bus for 16 Smile
AS guilford pointed out on the main thread there is no place in the squad for davies as well as Amar Virdi
The Surrey squad to play Somerset in the NatWest T20 Blast at Taunton on Friday 10th June:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Dwayne Bravo
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Ben Foakes
Stuart Meaker
Mathew Pillans
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
They always say never change a winning side Very Happy
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST  Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 15:09

I know some here are anti Davies but I'd have him in the squad ahead of Wilson and I do think him not playing means our order lacks a little fire power
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST  Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun - 15:54

jimbobgooner wrote:SURREY HAVE NAMED A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST SOMERSET THIS EVENING AT TAUNTON.
There wasn't enough room on the bus for 16 Smile
They always say never change a winning side Very Happy
over to you chaps thumbsup

Cheers, JimBob. Brilliant ''not enough room on the bus comment''! Laugh clap

Unless someone gets hurt getting off the bus (as Brian Clough said could happen to West Ham's injury-prone Stuart Pearson in the build up to the 1980 FA Cup Final - that's for the Corporal and any other Hammers' fans out there Wink ), I'll be amazed if the team is changed from last night.

Olly - Davies is a better batsman than Wilson but the Irishman is probably a better reserve. As JimBob might say, he's had enough practice! Smile Slightly more seriously, he's a friendly and supportive team man - always happy to have him in my squad, albeit not often in my team. Davies too often goes missing for my liking. I have little time for him.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun - 17:05

Surrey win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun - 17:10

Team as expected

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun - 17:50

jimbobgooner wrote:Surrey win toss and bat

We seem to have won the toss just about every time this season - seriously!

Less seriously, probably explains why we're doing so well. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 10 Jun - 18:15

Risk of faltering after Sanga's explosive innings comes to an end.  If Sibley is pushing the singles we need batsman at the other end to get their eye in quickly and go for it!  Still, extras playing useful mid innings role at the moment.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 18:32

50 for Sibley, but (and I know this will sound harsh) off 40 balls which at Taunton probably isn't quick enough. Really need him to kick on and get us into the 180-200 range
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 18:33

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:50 for Sibley, but (and I know this will sound harsh) off 40 balls which at Taunton probably isn't quick enough. Really need him to kick on and get us into the 180-200 range

4, 4, 6 the three balls after this post Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 10 Jun - 18:56

Seriously irritating home commentators, eg '...unless he hits the next ball for six - let's hope not' and '(excitedly' it's in the air, Gregory's underneath it! ... Err no he's not, it's fielded by vdMerwe and the batsmen take two' steam

Home commentators on BBC local radio are likely to want their team to win - I get that. They're not even describing the action accurately. Surely they could do better than this one-eyed 'two blokes we dragged out of the bar' rubbish we're having to listen to.

Meanwhile, Surrey post 186. Is it enough? Depends how Gayle's feeling tonight: simple as.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun - 18:59

186. Bit concerned that won't be enough. As Olly suggests, you normally need a big score at Taunton, a small ground.

Just looking at cricinfo - Bravo seems to have been rather pedestrian with 15 off 17. I had hoped he would provide the firepower that Olly rightly says we need more of. On paper, Davies may look the answer but not in practice for me given the soft ways he's regularly been getting out.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 19:12

Bring on Sibley plz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun - 20:16

Another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 20:17

So Rampaul bowls 4 overs for 49 but Batty himself bowls 3 overs for 18 and doesn't bowl himself out

Have some faith in yourself Gareth for God sake
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 10 Jun - 20:20

Sounds like we were just a bit short on both bowling and batting front.  At least it was a contest, unlike match against Somerset earlier this week.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun - 20:24

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Bring on Sibley plz
Sibley has back injury so didn't field

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun - 20:47

jimbobgooner wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Bring on Sibley plz
Sibley has back injury so didn't field

Oh didn't hear this - hopefully it's not a bad one!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 10 Jun - 20:52

Fed up with playing Somerset!

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down