The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of Season Awards Season 8

+2
ChequeredJersey
Steven_Sharks
6 posters

Go down

End of Season Awards Season 8 Empty End of Season Awards Season 8

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 31 May 2016 - 18:32

Manager of the Season

Sir Johnny English

Team of the Season

Sale Sharks

Most Improved Team of the Season

Worcester Warriors

Player of the Season

David Pocock

EQ Player of the Season

George Kruis

Academy Player of the Season (Academy aged this season)

Maro Itoje

Find of the Season

Teimana Harrison

Signing of the Season

Tomas Cubelli/WP Nel

XV of the Season (You can't put in any of your own side)

1. Marcos Ayerza (Sale Sharks)
2. Agustin Creevy (Harlequins)
3. Rabah Slimani (Sale Sharks)
4. Maro Itoje (Sale Sharks)
5. George Kruis (Harlequins)
6. CJ Stander (Sale Sharks)
7. David Pocock (Northampton Saints)
8. Billy Vunipola (Northamtpon Saints)
9. Aaron Smith (London Irish)
10. Dan Carter (Gloucester)
11. Nemani Nadolo (Sale Sharks)
12. Damian De Allende (Bath Rugby)
13. Malakai Fekitoa (Sale Sharks)
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder (Worcester Warriors)
15. Ben Smith (Newcastle Falcons)

Last edited by Steven_Sharks on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 13:27; edited 1 time in total

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

End of Season Awards Season 8 Empty Re: End of Season Awards Season 8

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 31 May 2016 - 20:03

mark
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 31 May 2016 - 20:49

Manager of the Season

SJE. His side was probably favourite at the start of the season but to lose 1 league game and win both of the trophies on offer is very impressive. Shows the strength of the whole squad to remain unbeaten until the last week and then the quality of the first team to win both finals on neutral grounds.  

Team of the Season

Sale. For reasons shown above. On paper I didn't (and possibly still don't) think the squad is the strongest in the league but the balance is perfect and they never field a weak side during international windows or injury periods.

Worcester. They have improved incredibly this season. At the start of the season during the World Cup I think they were the strongest side in the league and they just seem to have strengthened immeasurably with a very good summer last year in terms of recruitment which has improved the side.

Player of the Season

David Pocock - I think the player who has stood out most when predicting is probably David Pocock. He just wins any breakdown battle straight up and he has really impacted on my predictions as much as any individual has. Shame for Chris he has committed to Japan.

EQ Player of the Season

Billy Vunipola - A beast for England and another who makes the Saints back row look unrivalled in the league. Has come on so much this year and looks like he is only going to improve.

Despite a quiet start to the season, Maro Itoje has come in to be a first name on the team sheet for England and Sale. He has really come of age. Him remaining as an academy player is a big boost to the Sale squad for next season.

Find of the Season

I'm going to go a bit left field here and say Josh Beaumont. He was nowhere really until this season and he is now a very good EQ options for Bath and would have been very close to an England 23 place had he not suffered a nasty injury.

Signing of the Season

Remember thinking that Connor Murray to Saints was a very good piece of business by Chris so will pick that.

1. Eddy Ben-Arous (London Waps)
2. Guillem Guirado (Saracens)
4. Maro Itoje (Sale Sharks)
5. Thomas Lavanini (Gloucester) 
6. CJ Stander (Sale Sharks)
8. Billy Vunipola (Northampton Saints)
9. Gareth Davies (Worcester Warriors)
10. Dan Biggar (Worcester Warriors)
12. Maa Nonu (Exeter Chiefs)
13. Jesse Kriel (London Irish)
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder (Worcester Warriors)
15. Ben Smith (Newcastle Falcons)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 31 May 2016 - 21:29

Beat me to it fella!! Will try to get mine in Friday!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 1 Jun 2016 - 11:22

Manager of the Season

Got to be SJE. Double winners, by far the strongest team in any given week and it was difficult to see where they could really be challenged. Only defeat was with a weakened side against my strongest side, and even then not a massive margin! Smart deals with the likes of Stander brought in early doors shows the eye for a player too, and they'll be tough to stop next season

Team of the Season

Can't be anyone other than Sale, given their status as double winners. Quins a close second given how close they got in both of the main competitions

This was close between Worcester and Saracens. Sarries have risen from 9th to 4th, but that bunch of sides is so closely matched that a few results can make all the difference. I'll go with Worcester, for similar reasons to Steve. The signings prop made at the beginning of the season really pushed his side on, and although results went against him in the 2nd half of the year, they were well safe and a RCC place is up for grabs

Player of the Season

Think I have to go with David Pocock too. He really is the dominant force in one of the key areas of the game, and Chris had the edge in near enough every breakdown battle this season. Teams set out entire paragraphs in tactics dedicated to dealing with him, and that for me just shows the impact that he brought to the game this season

EQ Player of the Season

I was very close to going for Billy Vunipola or Maro Itoje, but I'm going to go with George Kruis. Since the beginning of the season, he's been on a tear in real life, dominating line outs and putting himself about on the field. He took that to another level in the 6N, and is arguably the best lineout caller in the game at the moment, Whitelock being his main competitor. Steve had the advantage at the lineout regularly, and used it to full effect in his tactics. I can only see him pushing on further from here

Has to be Maro Itoje .. what a season the lad has had. Won every tournament he participated in, and I saw a stat that he hasn't lost a game he's started in since last summer. That continued on here, and he was a huge factor in the lineout and around the park for SJE

Find of the Season

Difficult one to judge. I think I'll go with Teimana Harrison. From being released by SJE at the end of last season, Pooly picked him up in releases with little competition, but he's had an excellent season leading to an England spot. Will be very interesting to see if he kicks on again over the summer, and next season

Signing of the Season

This is one from last summer, but WP Nel to Worcester stands out. I had my eye on him as a foreign, but SJE picked him up in releases and sold him on to prop (not that I'm bitter or anything  Wink ). Nel was arguably the best tighthead in the RWC, and has been rock solid at the scrum and offers some decent ball carrying for a prop too

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Agustin Creevy
3. WP Nel
4. Maro Itoje
5. George Kruis
6. CJ Stander
7. David Pocock
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Aaron Smith
10. Dan Biggar
11. Nehe Milner-Skudder
12. Matt Toomua
13. Malakai Fekitoa
14. Santiago Cordero
15. Damian Mckenzie

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 1 Jun 2016 - 11:27

Manager of the Season

Has to be Johnny. First double in the game, great achievement. There's better squads in the league but none are managed as well as Sale this season.

Team of the Season

Sale.

Worcester. Prop has done a great job and is a few players away from competing for a top 4 spot. Noteable mention to CJ who's certainly improving Wasps.

Player of the Season

Dan Carter - fantastic year

EQ Player of the Season

George Kruis - nailed on England stater

Maro Itoje - I was unsure if he would kick on so quickly, I was wrong. One of the first names on the Sale team sheet.

Find of the Season

Ellis Genge - looks a real find

Signing of the Season

Naholo - what a player, big fan

1. Beast
2. Creevy
3. Slimani
4. Retallick
5. Kruis
6. Stander
7. Pocock
8. Vuinipola

9. Smith
10. Carter
11. Naholo
12. De Allende
13. Fekitoa
14. Cordero
15. Ben Smith

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 1 Jun 2016 - 18:57

Manager of the Season

SJE

Johnny has kept Sale near unbeatable despite other quality squads and deviations in form through every window, internationals and injury, and always produces strong tactics as well as a strong squad. Honorable mention to Steve

Team of the Season

Sale - simply cannot look beyond them winning both cups and dominating the league

Worcester are miles ahead of where they were and can beat anyone now. Really good acquisitions by prop there.

Player of the Season

At times it has looked like being Hughes, Pocock is up there, Smith, Carter, Kruis. I'll go for Pocock

EQ Player of the Season

Kruis, makes the lineouts one sided

It has to be Itoje, adds so much in every facet

Find of the Season

Harrison was good. I think I got the inform Taylor for a steal. Thacker will be a huge one for Mat soon, I think. My final choice is Thacker, he's been playing really well for Tigers and Mat got him nice and young for only 1m

Signing of the Season

I'm pretty happy with the improvements Lealiifano and Cubelli have brought to me, but overall I'd say Nel has given Worcester a huge platform and the basis for their excellent season.

15- Piutau (Falcons)
14- Veainu (Saracens)
13- Fekitoa (Sale)
12- Giteau (Saints)
11- Naholo (Worcester)
10- Carter (Gloucester)
9- Davies (Worcester)
8- Vunipola (Saints)
7- Pocock (Saints)
6- Stander (Sale)
5- Itoje (Sale)
4- Kruis (Quins)
3- Nel (Worcester)
2- Creevy (Quins)
1- Ayerza (Sale)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 2 Jun 2016 - 18:00

Manager of the Season

SJE

Doing the double is a tremendous effort and for the first time in this league's history. Sje has been on fire all season and got a very balanced squad.

Team of the Season

Sale - doing the double means it can only be Sale.

I'm going to go for Wasps/Now Bristol, CJ really got into some top deals recently and his tactics make him a force to be reckoned with next season.

Player of the Season

I'm going to go for Kruis, seeing his name on the teamsheet really makes a huge difference to a pack, you know he won't let you down.

EQ Player of the Season

Has to be the same as above.

Itoje, cracking breakout season for this guy, going to be a sought after player in this league.

Find of the Season

Going to go for Harrison, had a quality season and a bargain for Pooly at the start of the year.

Signing of the Season

In preparation for next season I will say Cubielli, a great acquisition who really helped Wasps get closer margains towards the end of the season.

15- Piutau (Falcons)
14- Veainu (Saracens)
13- Fekitoa (Sale)
12- Giteau (Saints)
11- Nadolo (Sale)
10- Carter (Gloucester)
9- Smith (Irish)
8- Vunipola (Saints)
7- Pocock (Saints)
6- Stander (Sale)
5- Itoje (Sale)
4- Kruis (Quins)
3- Slimai (Sale)
2- Creevy (Quins)
1- Ayerza (Sale)
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 11:50

Anymore for these before I tot up results? Will probably get round to that next week sometime.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 11:51

I will chuck mine in somewhen.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 17:00

Manager of the Season - SJE
Tough one here, this is truly between two guys who for me have led the way in progressing their sides. Two quick honourable mentions go to Pete (ozzy) and Pooly. Pete created an awesome squad and left his Irish side up their with the best of them. Pooly also has done a remarkable job of turning around the Saracens. However back to the winner, for me this goes to SJE for his efforts in creating a truly remarkable squad and winning an unprecedented double. 

Team of the Season - Sale Sharks
A real mention has to go to Steve and his Quins side, who for me, probably play some of the best games in this league and getting so close to finishing with a trophy, with such a young and exciting side is a joy. However the way in which SJE's Sharks have dominated the season is impressive, and highly unlikely to be repeated, and for that the double winning side collect this award. 

Most Improved Team of the Season - Saracens
This again had a number of guys, who probably could win this award. Big nods go to Prop, who managed to get Warriors into the Champions Cup, as well as Bam who turned Falcons around and won the Challenge Cup. The winner though is Pooly's Saracens, who just beat Falcons to a top 4 spot, but the transformation of that side from their lowly position means they win this one. 

Player of the Season - David Pocock
A good few names I have looked at teamsheets and hoped that they wouldn't be playing me, or have to come up with something in my tactics to prevent them from playing. Hughes, Kruis, Carter and A Smith, however Pocock's ability to individually change a game and swing things in his sides momentum was dangerous. 

EQ Player of the Season - George Kruis
Quite simple this one. Probably benefited from a full season with Saracens IRL during the RWC and has grown into a truly unplayable player now for Steve. His engine and ability at the line out makes him a stand out lock of the modern era. 

Academy Player of the Season (Academy aged this season) - Mario Itoje
Has grown exponentially for Club and country, and SJE has reaped the rewards. A fantastic athlete and leader for such a young age, as long as he isn't messed around, could become a genuine world beater and asset for the Sharks and the national side for years to come. 

Find of the Season -  Teimana Harrison
After being released by SJE at the end of last season, Pooly got hold of him and he has grown ever since. A great option across the back row and a real steal. 

Signing of the Season - Tomas Cubelli
Was a great signing by CJ, which immediately helped close the gap in terms of predicting games, making his side much more organised and effective. Will be interesting if that effect is still felt next season, however it was an astute signing which, despite being relegated, transformed the prospects of CJ's side. 

1. Eddy Ben-Arous (Wasps)
2. Guillem Guirado (Saracens)
4. Mario Itoje (Sale Sharks)
5. George Kruis (Harlequins)
6. Jerome Kaino (London Irish)
8. Billy Vunipola (Northampton Saints)

9. Aaron Smith (London Irish)
10. Dan Carter (Gloucester)
12. Damian De Allende (Bath Rugby)