The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 22

+11
Bathite
king_carlos
formerly known as Sam
doctor_grey
Scottrf
HongKongCherry
lostinwales
propdavid_london
yappysnap
Geordie
LondonTiger
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 22 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 22

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 9:25 am

Sat 7th May 16 15:30

Bath Rugby  v   Leicester Tigers
Gloucester Rugby  v   Northampton Saints BT Sport
Harlequins  v   Exeter Chiefs BT Sport
Newcastle Falcons  v   Sale Sharks
Wasps  v   London Irish
Worcester Warriors  v   Saracens

Matters at the top and bottom of the table are pretty much sorted. London Irish are relegated and unlikely to be reprieved by Bedford, while in the play-offs Saracens will host Leicester and Exeter and Wasps will meet. The only thing to be decided is the venue for that second semi final.  Meanwhile seven of the sides know this will be the end of their seasons. BT Sport have chosen to concentrate on the matches that will dictate who take the last spots in the ECC for 2016/17.

Sale hurt their chances of making the top 6 last Friday with a disappointing defeat at home to Gloucester. They need to travel across the country to Newcastle, secure a win against a Falcon's team playing only for pride and hope other matches go in their favour. Quins host an Exeter Chiefs team that knows they probably need to win if they are to secure a home semi with Wasps. Meanwhile Quins have a final against Montpelier the following week that offers them both a chance at silverware and a second shot at ECC qualification. Finally Saints travel to Gloucester who continue to confound. With both sides misfiring it could be a game the revolves around goal-kicking and referee interpretations.

I expect wins for Sale, Exeter and Saints - meaning Quins will have to beat Montpelier to play in the Champions Cup next season.

In the other games Leicester travel to a Bath side who have had an appalling season and will hope to at least end on a positive note. Wasps host relegated Irish and will look to pick themselves up from what was perhaps their worst display of the season at Sandy Park. The United Nations of Worcester host what will probably be a second string Saracen's team.

Probably 3 home wins in these fixtures with much changed teams involved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 22 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 22

Post by Geordie Tue 03 May 2016, 10:07 am

I think we'll beat sale.

We're safe and I think we'll throw the ball around and try to finish in style.

Id start the same academy based team and keep Willis at 10.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 May 2016, 10:20 am

Shouldn't there be three tv games?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 10:22 am

yappysnap wrote:Shouldn't there be three tv games?

With all the games at the same time and limited channels just 2 makes sense. Balanced by 4 games last weekend.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 10:23 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:I think we'll beat sale.

We're safe and I think we'll throw the ball around and try to finish in style.

Id start the same academy based team and keep Willis at 10.

I just feel Sale have quite a bit more quality. However play as poorly as they did on Friday and Falcons stand a real chance.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 03 May 2016, 10:27 am

LT - is there still a playoff for European champions cup this season - 7th Jeff place playing 7th place T14 side for qualification?
Quins have an awful record against Chiefs, I think it might be a big ask...however both sides have motivation and it really depends on who Quins select and what their priorities are.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 May 2016, 10:33 am

propdavid_london wrote:LT - is there still a playoff for European champions cup this season - 7th Jeff place playing 7th place T14 side for qualification?  
Quins have an awful record against Chiefs, I think it might be a big ask...however both sides have motivation and it really depends on who Quins select and what their priorities are.

No play off this year. Concession to the RWC impact, so Quins would go through to the main event if they win their challenge cup final

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 10:34 am

lostinwales wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:LT - is there still a playoff for European champions cup this season - 7th Jeff place playing 7th place T14 side for qualification?  

No play off this year. Concession to the RWC impact, so Quins would go through to the main event if they win their challenge cup final

What he said.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 03 May 2016, 11:51 am

Thanks guys. Playoffs resumed next season?
I guess having 2 shots at Europe is helpful....and playing a big Chiefs unit is ideal prep for a big French/SA outfit.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 12:16 pm

In theory play-offs resume next season - however I truly hope they do not. Winners of Challenge Cup deserve a decent reward rather than just more matches.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 03 May 2016, 12:43 pm

The Glaws v Saints game won't revolve around goal kicking, or at least Glaws' game plan won't. We need a 5 point win and hope Sale lose without a BP to stand any chance of Champions Cup qualification - we'd then need Quins to lose against Chiefs but beat Montpellier in the Challenge Cup. It's such a far fetched notion that we'll qualify, you could almost say it was a 5000-1 shot... Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 1:11 pm

The gameplan may not HKC, but from what I have seen recently Glaws would need a lot of help from Saints to gain the fluency needed for 4 tries.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 03 May 2016, 1:22 pm

LondonTiger wrote:The gameplan may not HKC, but from what I have seen recently Glaws would need a lot of help from Saints to gain the fluency needed for 4 tries.
Have you seen our attempts at tackling and risky offloads?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 May 2016, 1:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:The gameplan may not HKC, but from what I have seen recently Glaws would need a lot of help from Saints to gain the fluency needed for 4 tries.

TBH I have usually fallen asleep waiting for Saints to move the ball from the breakdown by then Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 03 May 2016, 3:48 pm

That's very polite of you LT, however, what you should have said is that we couldn't score in a brothel! It is no wonder Nick Walshe is leaving us as we look completely inept in attack and the loss of May and Sharples show how reliant we are on their moments of magic to break down teams. We stand absolutely no chance of scoring 4 tries.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 03 May 2016, 4:59 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

TBH I have usually fallen asleep waiting for Saints to move the ball from the breakdown by then Run
C'mon man, not that bad. All our 9s need is a quintuple shot of espresso right before each half. It will either get them moving faster or their heart will explode from the sudden rush of energy. And if indeed their hearts explode, the ball will come out just as slowly as before.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 May 2016, 7:52 pm

Tigers
Saints
Exeter
Sale
Wasps
Worcester

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 May 2016, 8:54 am

doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

C'mon man, not that bad.  All our 9s need is a quintuple shot of espresso right before each half.  It will either get them moving faster or their heart will explode from the sudden rush of energy.  And if indeed their hearts explode, the ball will come out just as slowly as before.  
Signed a new 9, Nic Groom. Seems to confirm Kahn is off.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 04 May 2016, 9:19 am

Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

C'mon man, not that bad.  All our 9s need is a quintuple shot of espresso right before each half.  It will either get them moving faster or their heart will explode from the sudden rush of energy.  And if indeed their hearts explode, the ball will come out just as slowly as before.  

Rumours to Bath. The home of over hyped scrum halves these days. Matawalu being a prime example.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 04 May 2016, 12:04 pm

Bath - Tigers is hard to call. On form from season Tigers should take it but with it being a game to nothing Cockers has already admitted that he will rotate the squad. Plus Bath will be desperate to end a terrible season on a high against their old rivals at the Rec.

Manu and Fitzgerald won't be risked, Harrison and Burns are out for the season. Ayerza and Cole should get a week off too. Barrow has been running himself into the ground as well. The side will probably be a mix of guys who need game time before the play-offs and youngsters who deserve a chance. My best guess...

Genge, Bateman, Balmain, Slater, Kitchener, Croft, Will Evans, Fonau
Youngs, Williams, Goneva, Smith, Jack Roberts, Thompstone, Bell

Bench: Thacker, Brugnara, Mulipola, De Chaves, Crane, Kitto, Oli Bryant, George Catchpole

Guessing there that Owen Williams will play in the hope he'll find some rhythm with Youngs and Tommy Bell will be at full back because he's now our reserve 10 for the play-offs so needs game time.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 05 May 2016, 12:06 am

Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Who the f*** is Nic Groom? A Stormers/WP product. Anyone see him play?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 05 May 2016, 3:12 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

TBH I have usually fallen asleep waiting for Saints to move the ball from the breakdown by then :run:

Rumours to Bath. The home of over hyped scrum halves these days. Matawalu being a prime example.

Home? Stringer probably the most under rated. Cook also. Matawalu awful yes, but we've have good 9s for a while

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 05 May 2016, 9:01 am

Bathite wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Home? Stringer probably the most under rated. Cook also. Matawalu awful yes, but we've have good 9s for a while

Young, Roberts a few the Welsh lad you signed from the dragons who was supposed to have bags of potential but never played. Cook doesn't count as he's an academy player and recently a yellow card magnate. Stringer was great for you guys the exception though why you didn't try harder to get him to stay I don't know.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 05 May 2016, 12:04 pm

Youngs and Roberts both signed as third choice back ups and did fine as exactly that

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 May 2016, 6:05 pm

Only 2 matches left, with Exeter knowing they need to focus on their AP SemiFinal too? Don't really see why Quins need to focus on only one of these next two matches? We rested key players the last few weeks, I expect to go full out for this match (though possibly still lose) and the Challenge Cup final as well!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 May 2016, 6:08 pm

Cook is underrated?!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 05 May 2016, 6:29 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Who the f*** is Nic Groom?  A Stormers/WP product.  Anyone see him play?

Wiki says:

"A winner of the Varsity Cup with UCT in 2011, Groom received a swift call up to the Stormers side at the tail-end of the Super Rugby season to replace the injured Dewaldt Duvenhage and Ricky Januarie and he made a couple of substitute appearances. The next 18 months were to see him limited to Western Province appearances and he was a Currie Cup winner with the Streeptruie in 2012. 2013 saw the departure of Duvenhage and Groom was now in a one-on-one fight with Louis Schreuder for the Stormers and Province number 9 jersey and as a result he saw much more game time.He was a Currie Cup runner up in 2013 and he largely had to make do with appearances from the substitutes bench as Schreuder stole a march in the battle to be first choice scrum-half. However, he was to become a Currie Cup winner again in 2014, this time against the Golden Lions in a season which had seen him edge ahead of Louis Schreuder both at Super Rugby level where he started 12 of 16 games in a tough campaign and also domestically where he started 7 of 9 games and scored 1 try in the process"

So a current Stormers 1st choice; can't be that bad.

Not watching Super Rugby, I do not know what style Stormers play, but Saints generally have tried to play a sort of SA power game over the last few years, so he may be an ideal choice.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:07 am

Tigers line-up:

Genge, Ghiraldini, Balmain, Slater, de Chaves, Croft, Evans, Crane, Youngs, Williams, Catchpole, Roberts, Betham, Thompstone, Tait

Thacker, Mulipola, Bateman!!, Barrow, Pearce, Kitto, Bell, Worth

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:09 am

Bath team much closer to full strength:

Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers

15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Matt Banahan
10 George Ford
9 Will Homer
1 Nathan Catt
2 Rob Webber
3 David Wilson
4 Charlie Ewels
5 Dave Attwood
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw (c)
8 David Denton

Replacements

16 Tom Dunn
17 Max Lahiff
18 Kane Palma-Newport
19 Dom Day
20 Leroy Houston
21 Chris Cook
22 Rhys Priestland
23 Jeff Williams

Anothe big win for Bath I fear.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:14 am

Gloucester Rugby:

15. Tom Marshall; 14. Ollie Thorley, 13. Billy Twelvetrees, 12. Mark Atkinson, 11. Elliott Creed; 10. Greig Laidlaw (capt), 9. Willi Heinz; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. John Afoa; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Jeremy Thrush; 6. Ross Moriarty, 7. Matt Kvesic, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Darren Dawidiuk, 17. Nick Wood, 18. Paul Doran-Jones, 19. Gareth Evans, 20. Lewis Ludlow, 21. Callum Braley, 22. Lloyd Evans, 23. Jacob Rowan

Two academy wingers and just two backs on the bench including an academy 10 show the injury issues Glaws are struggling with.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:16 am

SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY GLOUCESTER
Aviva Premiership Rugby R22
Kingsholm
Saturday, May 7th, 2016
Kick off 3:30pm

15 Harry Mallinder
14 Ken Pisi
13 George Pisi
12 Luther Burrell
11 George North
10 Stephen Myler
9 Lee Dickson (capt)
1 Alex Waller
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Courtney Lawes
5 Christian Day
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Tom Wood
8 Teimana Harrison

16 Dylan Hartley
17 Campese Ma’afu
18 Paul Hill
19 Victor Matfield
20 Ben Nutley
21 Kahn Fotuali’i
22 Sam Olver
23 James Wilson

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:17 am

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Winston Stanley
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Ross Chisholm
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care©

1. Mark Lambert
2. Dave Ward
3. Will Collier
4. George Merrick
5. Charlie Matthews
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Jack Clifford
8. Nick Easter

16. Rob Buchanan
17. Owen Evans
18. Kyle Sinckler
19. Sam Twomey
20. Mat Luamanu
21. Karl Dickson
22. Ben Botica
23. Joe Marchant

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 06 May 2016, 11:18 am

LondonTiger wrote:Tigers line-up:

Genge, Ghiraldini, Balmain, Slater, de Chaves, Croft, Evans, Crane, Youngs, Williams, Catchpole, Roberts, Betham, Thompstone, Tait

Bateman covering TH Erm Hopefully Baltrain lasts a full 80, which will do his fitness and confidence some good. Might get to see Thacker at 7 with 2 hookers on the bench.

Likely the last Tigers appearance for Seb De Chaves and possibly Crane as well if he goes to Brizz. Glad to see Catchpole and Roberts getting a game. George Worth is a terrific talent as well.

With the side Bath have put out this should be a heavy defeat for Tigers. I just hope that the set-piece stays competitive otherwise it could get ugly and will be a very dull end to the regular season.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:20 am

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS
15 Phil Dollman 14 Jack Nowell 13 Henry Slade 12 Sam Hill 11 James Short 10 Gareth Steenson 9 Dave Lewis 1 Alec Hepburn 2 Jack Yeandle (capt) 3 Harry Williams 4 Mitch Lees 5 Damian Welch 6 Dave Ewers 7 Julian Salvi 8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie 17 Ben Moon 18 Carl Rimmer 19 Geoff Parling 20 Kai Horstmann 21 Dave Lewis 22 Ian Whitten 23 Olly Woodburn

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 May 2016, 11:21 am

Glaws' team is:

McAllister, Murphy, Lindsay, Thomas, Galarza, Hudson, Hicks, Stooke, Latta, Batley, Kalamafoni, Hook, Burns, Protheroe, Meakes, Trinder, May, Sharples, Purdy, Halafonua, Reynolds, Cook, McColl... oh no, hang on that's the injury list Erm

The actual team is as per LT's post.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:24 am

Newcastle Falcons team to face Sale Sharks (Saturday, 3.30pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Simon Hammersley
14 Alex Tait
13 Chris Harris
12 Juan Pablo Socino
11 Marcus Watson
10 Mike Delany
9 Michael Young
1 Rob Vickers
2 Rob Hawkins
3 Mike Cusack
4 Calum Green
5 Will Witty
6 Mark Wilson
7 Dan Temm
8 Nili Latu (captain)

Replacements
16 Scott Lawson
17 Alex Rogers
18 Taione Vea
19 Kane Thompson
20 Richard Mayhew
21 Sonatane Takulua
22 Craig Willis
23 Belisario Agulla

Sale Sharks

15 Mike Haley
14 Will Addison
13 Sam James
12 Johnny Leota
11 Nev Edwards
10 Danny Cipriani
9 Peter Stringer
1 Eifion Lewis-Roberts
2 Tommy Taylor
3 Vadim Cobilas
4 Bryn Evans
5 Andrei Ostrikov
6 Cameron Neild
7 David Seymour (captain)
8 TJ Ioane

Replacements

16 Neil Briggs
17 Ross Harrison
18 Brian Mujati
19 Jonathan Mills
20 Mark Easter
21 James Mitchell
22 Joe Ford
23 Mark Jennings

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:26 am

Wasps team to play London Irish

15. Charles Piutau
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Siale Piutau
11. Josh Bassett
10. Ruaridh Jackson
9. Joe Simpson
1. Matt Mullan
2. Ashley Johnson
3. Lorenzo Cittadini
4. Joe Launchbury
5. Bradley Davies
6. James Haskell (c)
7. Thomas Young
8. Nathan Hughes

Replacements:
16. Edd Shervington
17. Tom Bristow
18. Phil Swainston
19. Will Rowlands
20. Sam Jones
21. Dan Robson
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Rob Miller

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:27 am

London Irish Team:

15 Greig Tonks, 14 Alex Lewington, 13 Fergus Mulchrone, 12 Johnny Williams, 11 Aseli Tikoirotuma, 10 Theo Brophy Clews, 9 Brendan McKibbin, 1 Johnny Harris, 2 David Paice, 3 Ben Franks, 4 Elliott Stooke, 5 Matt Symons, 6 Luke Narraway (c), 7 Joe Trayfoot, 8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Tom Cruse, 17 Leo Halavatau, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Jebb Sinclair, 20 Rob McCusker, 21 Darren Allinson, 22 Chris Noakes, 23 Ciaran Hearn

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 May 2016, 11:28 am

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Andy Symons
12 Ryan Mills
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Tom Heathcote
9 Luke Baldwin
1 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schonert
4 Donncha O'Callaghan
5 Dan Sanderson
6 Sam Betty
7 Carl Kirwan
8 Phil Dowson (C)

Replacements
16 Jaba Bregvadze
17 Ryan Bower
18 James Johnston
19 Charlie Hewitt
20 Matt Cox
21 Charlie Mulchrone
22 Ryan Lamb
23 Alex Grove

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 06 May 2016, 11:32 am

king_carlos wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Tigers line-up:

Bateman covering TH Erm Hopefully Baltrain lasts a full 80, which will do his fitness and confidence some good. Might get to see Thacker at 7 with 2 hookers on the bench.

Likely the last Tigers appearance for Seb De Chaves and possibly Crane as well if he goes to Brizz. Glad to see Catchpole and Roberts getting a game. George Worth is a terrific talent as well.

With the side Bath have put out this should be a heavy defeat for Tigers. I just hope that the set-piece stays competitive otherwise it could get ugly and will be a very dull end to the regular season.

Bateman played a few times @ TH for Exeter and quite a bit for Welsh.

Although i imagine the 20 team being:
1) Genge
2) Bateman
3) Logo
4) Barrow
5) De Cheaves
6) Croft
7) Thacker
8) Pearce
9) Kitto
10) Bell
11) Catchpole
12) Roberts
13) Tait
14) Thompstone
15) Worth

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:41 am

Have to admit I'm struggling to understand why Youngs, Williams and Betham are playing when the main purpose of the team selection is to rest players and avoid injuries.

Aside from that it's a good move, outside chance of picking up a massive confidence boost from a shock win with no real loss of momentum from a very much expected loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 May 2016, 11:50 am

So Witty and Hawkins playing. Is that the final salute to Both??

Witty to Glos and Hawkins retired to join the police.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 06 May 2016, 12:02 pm

Youngs and Williams need to find some fluency as a partnership before the playoffs hence they're playing. Betham seems full of beans so moving him out on to the wing shouldn't tax hin too much and see him ready for the play offs.

Should be another Bath victory by a hefty margin but those young guys should be chomping at the bit to get amongst the Bath pleas and stake a claim for first team rugby next season, or laying down a marker before heading to new clubs.

Worth played centre for the England under 20s so we might see him there in the second half. Handy utility player in the making. I remember a certain LV game at the rec where a much stronger Bath team were edged out by a youthful Tigers outfit, Ford was at ten and Lewington on the wing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 06 May 2016, 12:06 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:So Witty and Hawkins playing. Is that the final salute to Both??

I have seen nothing other than your comments and a couple of others on Shedweb saying Witty to Glous why so certain?

He follows glous on twitter but he also follows every other club on it in fact Tigers was is the latest team he is following.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 May 2016, 12:09 pm

Plus a number of other players potentially getting a send off who are on the bench.

Mayhew, Thompson, Mike Cusak loan is finished.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 06 May 2016, 12:09 pm

I don't think any one can question LI's commitment last week. Quins have 4 players missing this weeks game because of concussions from that match, and Visser hurt his knee. Bloody physical game.

Any way it's a strong team, I think the absence of Horwill will effect us a lot though as he's very good as a counter mauler, and helps add more weight in the scrum. Likewise Wallace has been out standing and will be a loss.

In the backs Lowe does so much unseen stuff, but Stanley had his best game for Quins last time he played.

Fingers crossed.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 May 2016, 12:10 pm

Welly wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:So Witty and Hawkins playing. Is that the final salute to Both??

I have seen nothing other than your comments and a couple of others on Shedweb saying Witty to Glous why so certain?

He follows glous on twitter but he also follows every other club on it in fact Tigers was is the latest team he is following.

Talk at the ground aswell Welly. Might be pure tosh, but seems to be gathering a bit of pace.

I hope not.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 May 2016, 12:22 pm

Welly wrote:

The chap that first mentioned it on Shedweb does have a very good track record on these things, so I'd be surprised if it isn't true
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 06 May 2016, 6:08 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Who the f*** is Nic Groom?  A Stormers/WP product.  Anyone see him play?

Wiki says:

"A winner of the Varsity Cup with UCT in 2011, Groom received a swift call up to the Stormers side at the tail-end of the Super Rugby season to replace the injured Dewaldt Duvenhage and Ricky Januarie and he made a couple of substitute appearances. The next 18 months were to see him limited to Western Province appearances and he was a Currie Cup winner with the Streeptruie in 2012. 2013 saw the departure of Duvenhage and Groom was now in a one-on-one fight with Louis Schreuder for the Stormers and Province number 9 jersey and as a result he saw much more game time.He was a Currie Cup runner up in 2013 and he largely had to make do with appearances from the substitutes bench as Schreuder stole a march in the battle to be first choice scrum-half. However, he was to become a Currie Cup winner again in 2014, this time against the Golden Lions in a season which had seen him edge ahead of Louis Schreuder both at Super Rugby level where he started 12 of 16 games in a tough campaign and also domestically where he started 7 of 9 games and scored 1 try in the process"

So a current Stormers 1st choice; can't be that bad.

Not watching Super Rugby, I do not know what style Stormers play, but Saints generally have tried to play a sort of SA power game over the last few years, so he may be an ideal choice.
From The Stormers web site wrote:
Nic Groom

The nippy scrumhalf made his DHL Stormers debut back in 2011, which was the same year he won the FNB Varsity Cup presented by Steinhoff International with UCT.

He went on to win two Absa Currie Cup titles and one Vodacom Cup with DHL Western Province, and became a regular in the DHL Stormers starting XV in 2014 and 2015. One of the newer members of the senior leadership group in the WP Rugby set-up, he is a true competitor but a team man to the core and got the opportunity to captain DHL Western Province in the 2015 Absa Currie Cup, being named as DHL Western Province MVP at the end of the season.

Groom was an excellent schoolboy waterpolo player and still loves the water… in fact, he can be found near the ocean on his days off or, perhaps, at a local coffee shop with family or friends.
OK, he is nippy and likes water. This will help him during a typically wonderful English winter.
STATS

• Position: Scrumhalf
  • Physical: 1.73m, 84kg
  • Born: 21/02/90, King Williams Town
  • Province: Western Province
  • Provincal Caps: 59
  • Provincal Points: 50
  • Provincal Debut: 2011 v Golden Lions
  • Super Rugby Cap: 43
  • Super Rugby Points: 15
  • Super Rugby Debut: 2011 v Cheetahs
  • * all statistics are as of January 2016

I have to find a match he played in and watch a replay to see how he went.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 06 May 2016, 6:26 pm

If you live in the UK you cannot get much further from sea water than Northampton.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next