The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
MIG
compelling and rich
jeromedubois
spencerclarke
owen10ozzy
President Trump
S.o.F
Rowley
Geordie
Galted
ShahenshahG
Scott is Back
kingraf
dyrewolfe
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
Y I Man
Born Slippy
dummy_half
hampo17
Crimey
sirfredperry
Stella
Alistair
Corporalhumblebucket
pedro
Breadvan
guildfordbat
GSC
nathan
Duty281
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
westisbest
Holymiky
Nico the gman
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Ent
Atila
Dolphin Ziggler
47 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm shocked!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 01 May 2016, 5:29 pm

Van Gaal just came out with the best line ever in a post match interview.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 01 May 2016, 5:30 pm

I saw it as Rooney should have been off, Mahrez one was a pen, Huth pulled Fellaini's hair so I really dont care for complaints from either side, Drinkwater was rightly off, Simpson/Lingard was a coming together.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 5:46 pm

Southampton 3-1 Man City

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 01 May 2016, 5:49 pm

I thought the Drinkwater one was soft in terms of how the game has become.

Saints crusing at the moment.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 01 May 2016, 5:56 pm

4-1 Southampton. City preparing for the Bernabeu in style

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 01 May 2016, 6:02 pm

Seems sad not to give Aguero 10 minutes...he wants to be top scorer

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 01 May 2016, 6:06 pm

4-2. Iheanacho with a lovely goal. Quietly going about becoming a very good striker that lad

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 01 May 2016, 6:17 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I saw it as Rooney should have been off, Mahrez one was a pen, Huth pulled Fellaini's hair so I really dont care for complaints from either side, Drinkwater was rightly off, Simpson/Lingard was a coming together.
I can agree with that other than drinkwaters, it was soft and if we penalise those every game well be down to 5 a side

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 6:24 pm

I am not condoning any specific refereeing incident, but sometimes a referee will give a card after a number of similar situations have been overlooked or after a number of warnings.  So for some cards it is rather an accumulation of infractions (minor or otherwise), rather than for the specific card awarding incident itself (or final straw incident).

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 01 May 2016, 6:32 pm

Very true, I do sometimes wonder if football should have a TMO just like Rugby.

It would hopefully take a lot of the guessing out of a refs mind as let's be honest, they have a difficult task.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 01 May 2016, 7:10 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Van Gaal just came out with the best line ever in a post match interview.

However much I want him gone from Utd, that interview brought a tear to my eye.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 7:15 pm

Hero wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Van Gaal just came out with the best line ever in a post match interview.

However much I want him gone from Utd, that interview brought a tear to my eye.

His interviews have been legendary. That stern look is a thing of beauty.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 02 May 2016, 12:31 am

Just seen highlights of Utd v Leicester game. Schmeichel could possibly have done better with the goal but more than made up for it. Not just the low down save that Shearer raved about but also his awareness and speed of reaction in coming out to balls on the edge of or outside the area. Reminded me of his dad when getting to the ball - all that concerned him was to get the ball away from danger and if it didn't look pretty, that didn't matter.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 May 2016, 10:31 am

Jamie Vardy wins Football Writers Association player of the year. Combination of his fine season and recognition of his journey from non-league to Premier League glory.

No "recognition" of his questionable character

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 May 2016, 10:49 am

Whoever voted for Danny Simpson needs to be culled from society
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 02 May 2016, 2:42 pm

Travelling up to Upton park next Sat with the Swans. I've done a bit of research from awayfans.com but any other useful tips Dolphin?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 May 2016, 3:52 pm

To be honest I'd expect there's nothing you really need to know. The place will probably be a bit odd as a good few will have this as their last ever game.

urine before you go in, that's as obvious as I can think. The away end is rather undignifying. Can't see it being anything but a nice day, you don't need anything, there's no animosity there anyway, and people will be more interested in the ground itself than most other things.

There's one pub close to the ground that is one side for away fans and one for home but I'd suggest drinking away from East Ham for as long as possible.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 02 May 2016, 4:18 pm

lol..ta
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 May 2016, 7:42 pm

If Everton do sack Martinez, they could do worse than asking Sean Dyche if he'd be interested
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 02 May 2016, 8:36 pm

Should Spurs be down to 10 men?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:39 pm

Walker? No.

I enjoyed that from Vertonghen, riling Costa then not reacting to the reaction.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:39 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Walker? No.

So pulling of a shirt is okay?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 May 2016, 8:40 pm

It's not ok but it's not even close to a red card.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:41 pm

If it's on Diego Costa I have zero issues with it, he gets exactly what he deserves.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:42 pm

Just because he has a "reputation" for playing on the edge, so it's okay for players to overstep the rules to rile him up so he can react and get sent off?

I know it wasn't Nando, worthy of a yellow.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:43 pm

Holymiky wrote:Just because he has a "reputation" for playing on the edge, so it's okay for players to overstep the rules to rile him up so he can react and get sent off?

I know it wasn't Nando, worthy of a yellow.

Yes it's perfectly ok, he's been trying to do himself for years and it isn't a reputation he's a vile player.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:43 pm

I wonder if you would say that if he was a Utd player to be honest.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:44 pm

I wonder if you'd be defending him if he wasn't a Chelsea player.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 May 2016, 8:44 pm

2-0 Spurs - HM Son

This isn't a surprise ive got £5 on 4-0 Spurs Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 02 May 2016, 8:45 pm

Oh when the Spurs go marching in....

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 May 2016, 8:45 pm

Willian vs Rose

Ding Ding round 1.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:46 pm

Let me guess HH, that tackle from Danny Rose was okay too?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 May 2016, 8:47 pm

Moussa Dembele with the eye gouge on Costa

3 match ban imminent.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:47 pm

Holymiky wrote:Let me guess HH, that tackle from Danny Rose was okay too?

Chelsea fans crying already?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 8:47 pm

3 game ban, yes please

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 May 2016, 8:48 pm

Chelsea are legit awful at football and terribly awful losers and niggly too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:49 pm

They're just a scummy whingy team Olly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 May 2016, 8:50 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:They're just a scummy whingy team Olly.

I pity whoever has to manage them next - maybe with terry leaving the player power will wane a little, but that's a club run by the dressing room not the managers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 02 May 2016, 8:51 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Walker? No.

For kicking a player on the ground and then his second yellow. Didn't think I've seen an eye gauge in football before

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:51 pm

To be completely honest, most of you only comment on Chelsea games when we are losing anyway first of all.

Second, our season has not been good full stop, Of course i hoped we could at least not lose tonight but at the moment it's not looking likely.

Finally, i was making a point HH, you made a point about it being okay for Costa to be fouled etc just so he can react so i was asking the question.

I don't know how you can say awful at football Olly when your team is fighting relegation and this group of players won the title last season.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 02 May 2016, 8:53 pm

Leicester need not worry; even if they don't get sorted it against Everton, Chelsea will let them win!

And then the bizarre media love-in for Jamie Vardy can carry on, as well as the nauseating love-in for the club as a whole.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 02 May 2016, 8:54 pm

That last sentence is such a typical Chelsea retort, ignoring how damn awful they've been this season with the resources they have.

It is perfectly fair for Costa to be fouled and I applaud Dembele too, treat him like he treats others, I also do not defend Fellaini who is almost as bad.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 May 2016, 8:55 pm

Holymiky wrote:To be completely honest, most of you only comment on Chelsea games when we are losing anyway first of all.

Second, our season has not been good full stop, Of course i hoped we could at least not lose tonight but at the moment it's not looking likely.

Finally, i was making a point HH, you made a point about it being okay for Costa to be fouled etc just so he can react so i was asking the question.

I don't know how you can say awful at football Olly when your team is fighting relegation and this group of players won the title last season.

I see with my eyes that Chelsea have been awful at football this season - nowt to do with Norwich is it really? Everyone who doesn't have a guide dog knows we're Poopie like
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 02 May 2016, 8:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:Leicester need not worry; even if they don't get sorted it against Everton, Chelsea will let them win!

And then the bizarre media love-in for Jamie Vardy can carry on, as well as the nauseating love-in for the club as a whole.
It's because it's a change from the norm of a clubs spending money to win titles

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 02 May 2016, 8:56 pm

I'm not ignoring anything, did you not read the sentences before that when i said that our season has not been good Laugh

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 May 2016, 9:01 pm

I'm fully expecting Spurs to go full Spurs second half and this finishes 2-2
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 9:01 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:I'm fully expecting Spurs to go full Spurs second half and this finishes 2-2

I hope so, Golly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 02 May 2016, 9:02 pm

nathan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Leicester need not worry; even if they don't get sorted it against Everton, Chelsea will let them win!

It's because it's a change from the norm of a clubs spending money to win titles

Well that's true, if you ignore the £55 million spent by Leicester over the last two seasons.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 02 May 2016, 9:06 pm

Duty281 wrote:
nathan wrote:

Well that's true, if you ignore the £55 million spent by Leicester over the last two seasons.
Lol, which is still a lot less than the bigger clubs

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 02 May 2016, 9:12 pm

nathan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
nathan wrote:

Lol, which is still a lot less than the bigger clubs

Yes, but it rather defeats the media myth that Leicester are some gallant penny-pinching club, striking a blow against those dastardly established clubs, a true David v Goliath story.

In reality, Arsenal have choked. Chelsea and Man City have had horrific seasons. United and Liverpool are in transition for an eternity (it seems). And Leicester have got some players in form, kept things simple, and profited from the worst quality season I can remember in my life - I mean West Ham could still get top 4!!!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next