The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tem of the 6N (alternative)

+6
No 7&1/2
SimonofSurrey
RiscaGame
LondonTiger
dummy_half
Fanster
10 posters

Go down

Tem of the 6N (alternative) Empty Tem of the 6N (alternative)

Post by Fanster Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 9:44

Great idea on the team of tournament thread...

Worst 6N team of the tournament?

1. Castro
2. Hartley
3. White
4. Furno
5. Toner
6. Camara
7. O Donnell
8. Wilson
9. Machenaud
10. Ford
11. Fofana
12. Scott
13. Fickou
14. Cuthbert
15. Mclean

Also a team of the tournament you'd least like your nation to face?

1. Mako V
2. Guirado
3. Nel
4. Kruis
5. AWJ
6. Stander
7. Haskell
8. Billy V
9. Davies
10. Trin Duc
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Campagnaro
14. Vakatawa
15. Brown

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Tem of the 6N (alternative) Empty Re: Tem of the 6N (alternative)

Post by dummy_half Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 10:24

Fan

Hartley at 2? Captain of the GS winners, didn't miss a line-out throw in the last 2 matches and who had a near-exemplary disciplinary record?

Also, while Ford was far from England's best player, he was far better than Plisson or whoever the Italians played at 10, and was pretty much on a par with Biggar.

Castro is a tighthead, so on the wrong side on your team. Not sure who really deserves to be on the LH side - McGrath and Dickinson were probably the best, Rob Evans and Marler went OK and I didn't see enough of the French or Italians to really comment.

As for your dangerous team, I'd put Hogg at 15 ahead of Brown

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 11:38

Hartley isn't the same player if he's not on the edge, Hartley on best behaviour (which he clearly was) is nowhere near the same kind of animal, and tbh I see him losing his spot pretty soon with the talent behind him.

He had a decent lineout stat, helped by a very efficient lineout game, but what else did he offer? very little around the park! So many other options were a touch more, even Ghiraldini who isn't the same player these days was at least passionate and usefull.

Ultimately it was a tough call, and a few fans will feel aggreived their players made my list, rightly so, but non the less on the tight calls like hooker something had to give, and Hartleys floating around the park apologising was it.

Ford - don't be silly, Ford offered little more than an inbetween of 9 and Farell, who ran the show far better! Ford was shockingly poor by his standards, I get Haimona was pish, but at least he had the responsibility of goal kicking, and was ok at it.

Castro was awfull, as was White, I couldn't decide between any of the looeys as Mcgrath was stand out and everyone else was a muchness, so I threw him loosey.

Hogg is the better runner in space, but until he develops his arial game, and defencive capabilities Brown is the more rounded player, plus if you're 9 gets caught on the ground Hogg is liable to vanish from the ruck, we know Brown will happily put the boot to face...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 11:56

worst team:

Mako
LCD
Cole
Lawes
Launchbury
Itoje
Robshaw
Clifford
Youre
Ford
Watson
Tuilagi
Daly
Nowell
Goode

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 12:32

LondonTiger wrote:worst team:

Mako
LCD
Cole
Lawes
Launchbury
Itoje
Robshaw
Clifford
Youre
Ford
Watson
Tuilagi
Daly
Nowell
Goode

???

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 13:28

How does your second team work, when it's one you would least like your nation to face? You're allegedly Welsh, so surely you can't have Roberts or North?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 13:31

RiscaGame wrote:How does your second team work, when it's one you would least like your nation to face? You're allegedly Welsh, so surely you can't have Roberts or North?

I'm not allegedly Welsh, I'm a Welsh heritaged londoner. I'll support the Welsh rugby team but English football team (I know, messed up childhood)!

But thanks for your concern, this is clearly an imagination based game, use it or lose it.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 13:33

So how is it a team that you wouldn't want your Nation to face? I suspect we are a few years away from Roberts and North being able to play against each other.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 13:36

RiscaGame wrote:So how is it a team that you wouldn't want your Nation to face? I suspect we are a few years away from Roberts and North being able to play against each other.

Pretty sure they'll face off this season, probably already have for quins and Northampton respectively.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 13:51

I was basically alluding to them to playing clones of each other, as your second team would appear to suggest, seeing as neither are being dropped from Team Wales soon.

Third time lucky, how can it be a team you wouldn't want your nation to face?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 22:55

Fanster wrote:

Mako
LCD
Cole
Lawes
Launchbury
Itoje
Robshaw
Clifford
Youre
Ford
Watson
Tuilagi
Daly
Nowell
Goode

???

Save your time and breath, Fanster. I think it's an hilarious ironic attempt to select 15 English players (provided 'Youre' is meant to be Youngs), including such talentless no show-ers as Itoje and Watson..

My my, how we laughed.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 8:29

Not as much as I laughed at the inclusion of Hartley in the serious version!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:33

Fanster wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:So how is it a team that you wouldn't want your Nation to face? I suspect we are a few years away from Roberts and North being able to play against each other.

Pretty sure they'll face off this season, probably already have for quins and Northampton respectively.

Already done so this weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35875373

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:34

Fanster wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:How does your second team work, when it's one you would least like your nation to face? You're allegedly Welsh, so surely you can't have Roberts or North?

I'm not allegedly Welsh, I'm a Welsh heritaged londoner. I'll support the Welsh rugby team but English football team (I know, messed up childhood)!

But thanks for your concern, this is clearly an imagination based game, use it or lose it.

Just out of curiosity here, but your team have English, Irish, French, Scottish and Welsh players in it, so does that not mean you are actually Italian?

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't notice Nel in there.)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:47

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:

Just out of curiosity here, but your team have English, Irish, French, Scottish and Welsh players in it, so does that not mean you are actually Italian?

He has campagnaro too, so it's almost as if he's from none of the Six Nations countries. But I wouldn't have asked him, as now you're stupid and/or blind too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 9:51

Lighten up guys. He's just picked a combined team of the best and hardest players to stop, which includes a couple of the better Welsh players.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 10:20

SimonofSurrey wrote:
Fanster wrote:

Mako
LCD
Cole
Lawes
Launchbury
Itoje
Robshaw
Clifford
Youre
Ford
Watson
Tuilagi
Daly
Nowell
Goode

???

Save your time and breath, Fanster. I think it's an hilarious ironic attempt to select 15 English players (provided 'Youre' is meant to be Youngs), including such talentless no show-ers as Itoje and Watson..  

My my, how we laughed.

Actually it was an attempt to show my disdain for selecting any kind of "worst XV" (or best really). Rugby is a team sport and it was quite clear Italy were the worst team, England the best, across this one competition. Thus I selected the worst English (being English so no bias) performer in each position played - Itoje was the worst 6 for example. Was unable to split Youngs or Care

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 11:27

I keep hearing that Hogg's defense need to be better and better under the high ball????

I actually think this 6 nations he was very good

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 11:31

Riskysports wrote:I keep hearing that Hogg's defense need to be better and better under the high ball????

I actually think this 6 nations he was very good

I think in general his defence was pretty good, just the two rather high profile errors that left him on the ground thumping it with frustration. For better, or more likely worse, these images stay with people and can lead to a belief that a guy made lots of mistakes. They also serve as re-inforcement to any prejudices. It is hard to change a first impression as it is human nature to remember things that re-inforce that impression and ignore evidence that should serve as a counterpoint.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 12:21

Hartley in the 'worst' team of the tournament? I'd say he was comfortably the 2nd best hooker after Guirado (and he had his lineout utterly dismantled by England).

I call shenanigans.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 12:42

was he the Irish hooker?
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 13:00

Barney McGrew did it wrote:was he the Irish hooker?

Nah, based on the throwing I reckon that was Rick O'Shea

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 13:23

Griff wrote:Lighten up guys. He's just picked a combined team of the best and hardest players to stop, which includes a couple of the better Welsh players.

I've asked him to explain what he was doing with the second team, in an attempt to be the first to join in and he didn't want to explain. It's no wonder people are hardly taking the post seriously. I agree with Cyril.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 23:33

LondonTiger wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:
Fanster wrote:

Mako
LCD
Cole
Lawes
Launchbury
Itoje
Robshaw
Clifford
Youre
Ford
Watson
Tuilagi
Daly
Nowell
Goode

???

My my, how we laughed.

Actually it was an attempt to show my disdain for selecting any kind of "worst XV" (or best really). Rugby is a team sport and it was quite clear Italy were the worst team, England the best, across this one competition. Thus I selected the worst English (being English so no bias) performer in each position played - Itoje was the worst 6 for example. Was unable to split Youngs or Care

Ah, ok tiger, apologies - I did wonder what had got into you. You were too clever by half., I fear. I agree with you that these kinds of 'worst XV' are a recipe for wumming and tribal pointscoring, unless someone has played extraordinarily badly or unless any poster comes up with an ingenious variation on a theme. So I fully support your worst xv as above in the spirit in whioch you posted it, with perhaps Care and Youngs in the second row and Haskell at 10. On the other hand, you have to wonder if that kind of team still would have beaten poor old Italy this year.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down