The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
kingraf
Dolphin Ziggler
seanmichaels
Adam D
Galted
Rowley
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
14 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

rick_dagless wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Why would they advise not to kill them? Not that anyone listens I guess but why would they advise that?

They keep the mosquito, cockroach, silverfish, etc... numbers in check. They are always open for spider donations from the general public for venom milking purposes.

Good answer. Very well said.

Cheers TLD, I learnt from the best...

I know that, but I just find it odd that there is actually specific advice on the subject.

It must be fact you actually have an arthropod world worth talking about.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 am

You could well be right Alistair, especially if it goes soft all way around. It is the most open National for a long time with probably a dozen horses who you can make a strong case for. Just hope it is a good race and they all get round.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:37 am

Yes, absolutely.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:58 am

I always forget that sports related talk always means a michaelsing here...

1) Thread split day

2) when is CC 3.0?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 pm

1) Ambitious

2) First we need the teaser trailer, then the first trailer, then the full trailer, then the TV spots. I reckon it could be next week.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I always forget that sports related talk always means a michaelsing here...

1) Thread split day

2) when is CC 3.0?

Culture Cup III is certainly something that I am pondering.

In fact, this very lunchtime I have been perusing Round 4 of the Culture Cup 2.0 in the film section. Cracking thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Celine Dion, would you?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Alistair wrote:Celine Dion, would you?

No, not even with yours.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Hmm, I think you are right Jules, Ambitious indeed.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:02 pm

1 x ham roll (white)
1 x cheese roll (white)

1 x Walkers salt and vinegar crisps

1 x Wagon wheel

4 x jelly babies

1 x coffee (black)

7.8895/10

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Chicken burrito, no soup as I am in the soup negative zone, coffee.  3/10  no hotties, and one crazy guy who works in my team who is the most straight laced religious guy ever, and never stopped asking me questions as he is inexplicably going to Amsterdam for a day on one of those over night 1 day cruise jobbies...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Cheese salad sandwich, bag of Frazzles, can of coke zero. Still undecided on calling into shop on way back to work and getting a Mars Bar. Leaning towards a yes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Rowley wrote:Cheese salad sandwich, bag of Frazzles, can of coke zero. Still undecided on calling into shop on way back to work and getting a Mars Bar. Leaning towards a yes.

Frazzles.

I bloody love them. I bloody love you again for eating them, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:21 pm

They are spectacularly good. I am not sure I could ever be friends with anybody who does not love Frazzles.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Frazzles or Bacon Fries?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Frazzles > Bacon Fries

Bacon Fries are a bit too clacky for my liking...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Rowley wrote:They are spectacularly good. I am not sure I could ever be friends with anybody who does not love Frazzles.

F*ck you jeff

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Sorry shah. You get an exemption. It's part of cc diversity policy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I am pretty sure there is something in the various religious tomes that explicitly allows Frazzles Shah... Verse 10 or something.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:46 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I am pretty sure there is something in the various religious tomes that explicitly allows Frazzles Shah... Verse 10 or something.

And if it doesn't they will just make it up to suit whatever they are pontificating about.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm

I can knock up an appendix and reference it back to some prophet who said something that is widely open to interpretation if you want?

Shouldn't take long

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:I am pretty sure there is something in the various religious tomes that explicitly allows Frazzles Shah... Verse 10 or something.

And if it doesn't they will just make it up to suit whatever they are pontificating about.

In the book of our Lord, who art in heaven, chapter 666 verse 69. The lord sayeth thus:

''Wherever men and beasts roam within my creation know that there are three truths contained therein

1. I am your lord.
2. You are my servants.
3. Tino is a c*nt who should get the sh*t kicked out of him so badly that no one can tell where in the resulting pile of faecal matter Tino begins and the sh*t ends.

And truly I am merciful above all''

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:01 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I can knock up an appendix and reference it back to some prophet who said something that is widely open to interpretation if you want?

Shouldn't take long

Don't push me rick. My inside voice is always with me.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:I can knock up an appendix and reference it back to some prophet who said something that is widely open to interpretation if you want?

Shouldn't take long

Don't push me rick. My inside voice is always with me.

Just trying to help out mate, frazzles are not to be sniffed at.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:58 pm

If I could only eat one variety of crisps for the rest of my life there is a strong possibility it would be Frazzles. One of my favourite things in life is a Crisps sandwich, so automatically you can rule out the softer type crisps such as Quavers and Spicy Tomato Snaps, much as l love both of them they are simply too soft to make a nice sandwich, texturally it simply doesn’t work. For a good sandwich a crisp needs a bit of crunch to it.

I would also rule out the higher end crisp such as Sensations, as they are too firm and thick to make a pleasing sandwich. A crisp I do like are Seabrooks, not sure if they have made their way down south yet, but if not you’re truly missing out on one of the norths greatest products. Flavoursome, thick and you get a decent amount in a bag. Canadian Ham Seabrooks would almost certainly be a contender was I only to ever eat one variety of crisp for the rest of my life. Their Salt and Vinegar are also exceptionally good. The world of the Salt and Vinegar crisp is an extremely crowded marketplace, to stand out amongst such strong competition speaks volumes of their quality. They are strong of flavour without being as tart as Discos of the same flavour.

I’m also a big fan of a Pickled Onion Monster Munch, they also make a good sandwich from a flavour and crunch perspective. The problem is they are quite thick though and so you can’t quite cram as many into the bread as you’d like. I think this would probably rule them out of the running for me. Walkers make a nice crisp but I suspect the fact Gary Lineker irritates the hell out of me stops any of their otherwise laudable crisps from being serious contenders. The thought that every time I ate the only crisp variety I was ever going to eat I ran the risk of thinking about that jug eared bell end is just not one I can countenance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Rowley wrote: Canadian Ham  

I've had a bit of that from time to time.

Great post, Jeff. Educational, informative and quite clearly heartfelt.

Well done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Rowley wrote:If I could only eat one variety of crisps for the rest of my life there is a strong possibility it would be Frazzles. One of my favourite things in life is a Crisps sandwich, so automatically you can rule out the softer type crisps such as Quavers and Spicy Tomato Snaps, much as l love both of them they are simply too soft to make a nice sandwich, texturally it simply doesn’t work. For a good sandwich a crisp needs a bit of crunch to it.

I would also rule out the higher end crisp such as Sensations, as they are too firm and thick to make a pleasing sandwich. A crisp I do like are Seabrooks, not sure if they have made their way down south yet, but if not you’re truly missing out on one of the norths greatest products. Flavoursome, thick and you get a decent amount in a bag. Canadian Ham Seabrooks would almost certainly be a contender was I only to ever eat one variety of crisp for the rest of my life.  Their Salt and Vinegar are also exceptionally good.  The world of the Salt and Vinegar crisp is an extremely crowded marketplace, to stand out amongst such strong competition speaks volumes of their quality. They are strong of flavour without being as tart as Discos of the same flavour.

I’m also a big fan of a Pickled Onion Monster Munch, they also make a good sandwich from a flavour and crunch perspective. The problem is they are quite thick though and so you can’t quite cram as many into the bread as you’d like. I think this would probably rule them out of the running for me. Walkers make a nice crisp but I suspect the fact Gary Lineker irritates the hell out of me stops any of their otherwise laudable crisps from being serious contenders. The thought that every time I ate the only crisp variety I was ever going to eat I ran the risk of thinking about that jug eared bell end is just not one I can countenance.  

There are two you've missed, Prawn cocktail and Sea salt hand cooked crisps from M&S are absolutely amazing between two breads but nothing can match the Mini Cheddars (apart from the Salt and Lineker from walkers)

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:22 pm

A mini cheddar sandwich!!!! Never tried it but can't imagine it would work. M and S do make a great crisp to be fair.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Also you gotta be careful which spread you use. Utterly Butterly, I can't believe it's not butter and anchor Spreadable are absolutely gorgeous. If you use flora margarine, you deserve to die. Also worth 10 seconds in the microwave to stop the crumbs flying everywhere.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:37 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Utterly Butterly, I can't believe it's not butter and anchor Spreadable are absolutely gorgeous.

Could you be any more camp?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Utterly Butterly, I can't believe it's not butter and anchor Spreadable are absolutely gorgeous.

Could you be any more camp?

Twice a year is enough.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Changed my tips in the end, Rick...

L' ami Serge
Apples Jade
Cue Card
Annie Power
On the Fringe
Dandridge
La Bague Au Roi

Needless to say i'm winning.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

I tried Rick. I really bloody tried.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Not nough people about to make a real go of it. Especially with Tino being a whiny c*nt.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Top crisps in no particular order

Golden Wonder - Cheese and Onion
Real Crisps - Roast Ox
Discos - Salt and Vinegar
McCoy's - Cheese and Onion
McCoy's - Bacon Sizzler

Seabrook's Canadian Ham is just posh smoky bacon

Anyone, Rowley might know this little factoid....Seabrook's Crisp came about due to an error. The creator of the company was a Mr C. Brooks and when he asked for a sign to be made for his company, it came back as "Seabrook's" and he decided (probably cos it was too expensive to do it again) just to leave it be. I used to live over the road from one of their factories up in Allerton..it was shut down but the neighbours told me that occasionally the smell from the cooking process would make them ill...not as bad as living/working near the abattoir down the bottom Wakefield Road, but certainly not great. Used to work near the abattoir nearly 25 years ago and the firm I worked for had air conditioning but no windows you could open. One day the smell pumping through the office from up the road was so bad it make people puke and they sent us home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:16 pm

Shouldn't take long
I can take out an appendix with a biro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:34 pm

M&S Cheese Tasters deserve to be mentioned.

And excellent music choice, Jeff. It always puts an extra bit of swag into my swagger on my way to the station in the morning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Thanks galted. Tomorrow's is awesome. The songs are a reflection of my mood at the time so there is always the possibility it might change.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Adam D wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Well done Adam.

Just one more registered user to reach 6000... have you seen?
I did notice and was considering setting up a fake account with a funny name to take the claim. Suggestions welcome. In fact, feel free to set up a fake account without fear of reprisal. But only account 6000. If you are too late, you get a lifetime ban. if I can be bothered. So most probably nothing will happen. Or will it? Nah.

Done.
Not a particularly funny name but a fictitious legend I used to know. Brian Westlake.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 am

FIST NOTCHES

Good morning Restive Rick and Troublesome TLD, all goods in the respective hoods?

Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train
And I's feeling nearly as faded as my jeans.
Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained,
It rode us all the way to New Orleans.

I pulled my harp from and my dirty red bandanna,
I was playing soft while Bobby sang the blues.
Windshield wipers slapping time, I was holding Bobby's hand in mine,
We sang every song that driver knew.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,
You know feeling good was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

From the Kentucky coal mines to the California sun,
Hey, Bobby shared the secrets of my soul.
Through all kinds of weather, through everything that we done,
Hey Bobby baby kept me from the cold.

One day up near Salinas, Lord, I let him slip away,
He's looking for that home and I hope he finds it,
But I'd trade all of my tomorrows for one single yesterday
To be holding Bobby's body next to mine.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing, that's all that Bobby left me, yeah,
But feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,
Hey, feeling good was good enough for me, hmm hmm,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

La la la, la la la la, la la la, la la la la
La la la la la Bobby McGee.
La la la la la, la la la la la
La la la la la, Bobby McGee, la.

La La la, la la la la la la,
La La la la la la la la la, hey now Bobby now Bobby McGee yeah.
Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na na
Hey now Bobby now, Bobby McGee, yeah.

Lord, I'm calling my lover, calling my man,
I said I'm calling my lover just the best I can,
C'mon, where is Bobby now, where is Bobby McGee, yeah,
Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lord
Hey, hey, hey, Bobby McGee, Lord!

Yeah! Whew!

Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy Lord
Hey, hey, hey, Bobby McGee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the vein of our new tradition and its founder (Rowley), My daily contribution starts in tribute to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juaWZluqC6I

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:18 am

Today's song does not get a lot of radio play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20Oz9Yr_So

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:23 am

Rowley wrote:Today's song does not get a lot of radio play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20Oz9Yr_So

I'm proud of you Rowley. Getting your bitches in line is a proper man's job. Today you are forgiven the manb*g and become northern again. Amen.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=62807

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20