The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock?

+3
HornetsYellowArmy
Crimey
Brady12
7 posters

Go down

Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock? Empty Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock?

Post by Brady12 Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 am

A follow up to the earlier article in the week....

The biggest draw in wrestling history vs The biggest movie star in wrestling history??

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock? Empty Re: Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock?

Post by Crimey Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am

It has to be Stone Cold, he was the Attitue Era's Hogan.

The Rock always seemed eager to rid himself of his wrestling past as he tried to break into movies. Fair enough to him, even if he hadn't done that, I still think Austin did more for WWE.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock? Empty Re: Who has done more for WWE.... Stone Cold or The Rock?

Post by HornetsYellowArmy Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 am

I think stone cold probably did more at the time, but rock will do more long term

HornetsYellowArmy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:32 am

Stone Cold did more for the WWE in terms of being the man and carrying the company over WCW in the ratings battle; he defined his era.

I can't discount The Rock's impact, when he wrestled he was a huge draw and is undoubtedly the most successful 'crossover' star. He still brings publicity to the WWE which they both crave and need.

On balance I'd still stick with Austin, who was the face of the WWE in their most successful period.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 am

Its too hard to pick. Its like putting Katie Price and Kerry Katona in front of me and telling me i only have one bullet.

There are so many reasons for vote for either guy, they have both done masses for the WWE, but i'd NARROWLY go for Austin purely because he's been a longer servant and he was the one who changed everything back in 96.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 am

I would go with Stone Cold but if the rock comes back long term after Wrestlemania 28 could pass Austin.

As it Stands though id go with Mr 3:16 and thats the bottom line....

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Mr H wrote:Its too hard to pick. Its like putting Katie Price and Kerry Katona in front of me and telling me i only have one bullet.

There are so many reasons for vote for either guy, they have both done masses for the WWE, but i'd NARROWLY go for Austin purely because he's been a longer servant and he was the one who changed everything back in 96.

You could always pistol whip the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm

I'll buck the trend again I think, Austin was brilliant and was a main reason the WWF overtook WCW but by 1999 I was over Austin and for me Rock carried the WWF a lot that year, Rock also put far more people over

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Mr H wrote:Its too hard to pick. Its like putting Katie Price and Kerry Katona in front of me and telling me i only have one bullet.

Love the analogy Mr H!!

It is a tough one but I think The Rock may surpass Austin if he has a decent run with Cena.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down