The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 8 Homepage IV

+8
Steven_Sharks
CJB
prop_lyd
Driver
pullthestrings
SirJohnnyEnglish
Fluxy
BamBam
12 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 8 Homepage IV Empty Season 8 Homepage IV

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Season 8 Homepage IV Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Sale Sharks beat Harlequins in a thrilling game at HQ to complete a historic double

Season 8 Homepage IV Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2015/2016 - Sale Sharks
2014/2015 – London Wasps
2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 8 Homepage IV 12Sale Sharks2219215955148160387188
2Season 8 Homepage IV 7Harlequins2215255905266456394573
3Season 8 Homepage IV 9Northampton Saints **2216245715145749353372
4Season 8 Homepage IV 11Saracens 2211385615293250363861
5Season 8 Homepage IV 8Newcastle Falcons    2212195535302343421859
6Season 8 Homepage IV 5London Irish2211011547561-14394121056
7Season 8 Homepage IV 57Worcester Warriors 229211536554-18424611152
8Season 8 Homepage IV 2Gloucester   *2210012534550-16434201251
9Season 8 Homepage IV 1Bath Rugby227312534551-17424801246
10Season 8 Homepage IV 4Leicester Tigers227114520554-34314401343
11Season 8 Homepage IV 48Exeter Chiefs  **224216518577-59355001432
12Season 8 Homepage IV 6London Wasps222020479578-99265501422

Welcome to Season 8 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 23 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1993.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will receive two additional bids to be used exclusively on academy age players. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by the RFU on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by the RFU against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.
    Player Draft
    Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will participate in a player draft beginning the week of June 22nd. Both sides will be allowed to draft two players each. The draft picks will go as follows; 1. Worcester 2. Wasps 3. Wasps 4. Worcester.

Round Bidding
    There will be two rounds of bidding. The first window will run the week starting June 29th and the second the week starting July 3rd. All sides will be allowed to sign one player each during the window. These bids are not protected if you do not have the funds in place to bid during the window you will lose the bid.    

Open Bidding
    From July 13th the foreign market will be open to all bids similar to previous seasons. Due to the world cup the window will remain open till the end of September.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will pm the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
Bonuses will be awarded on a scaled basis i.e. 2m for 5 games, 1.6m for 4 games and so on
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Homepage IV Empty Re: Season 8 Homepage IV

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:57 pm

I think he's seen a pic of me in my uniform, it does have that effect on some people.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I think he's seen a pic of me in my uniform, it does have that effect on some people.

Mainly men by the looks of it !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Think Lee has struggled a fair bit this season, just doesn't look fit which is unsurprising given how he was rushed back for the RWC .. would have started Francis over him

I like Evans though

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:57 pm

The few times I have seen Lee he has looked good. There is not much between them in tight but Lee better in loose. Francis does very little in loose play.

Th there to scrum first so not an issue. Both Lee and Francis need to be a lot fitter. They are improved in this area but not there yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:59 pm

anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I think he's seen a pic of me in my uniform, it does have that effect on some people.

Beggars can't be choosers Matt.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:

To be fair it's really odd that chap following you across the forum. What goes through some people's minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 am

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/bold-france-pick-four-debutants/

France side is odd.
I know it's Italy and they will pick a different side against other nations but seriously medard at FB???

Danty could be a star and him and fickou could be exciting:

Laurent decent also but Bezy at 9 and a few other calls odd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:23 am

It's a very good France team!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:31 am

Though I'm not sure about the backrow and halfbacks
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 am

anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:

To be fair it's really odd that chap following you across the forum. What goes through some people's minds.

Working in Psych at the moment. The answer is all kinds of things!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:25 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:

Working in Psych at the moment. The answer is all kinds of things!

Extremely odd . The ignore feature works well as I never actually see what he writes, his name just keeps popping up, I honestly don't know what goes through these peoples minds.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 am

anonmattyt wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/news/bold-france-pick-four-debutants/

France side is odd.
I know it's Italy and they will pick a different side against other nations but seriously medard at FB???

Not because he's my player at all...  Whistle however Medard has been doing quite well at fullback. 

I do think that the French time looks dangerous, apart from maybe France now lacks a 7 much like us now!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 am

It's certainly Toulouse heavy. You go with what you know though I guess.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:01 am

Actually looking forward to seeing Bezy at 9. Been pretty impressive the last two years and if they are looking at an expansive attacking game hes probably their best option. For the sake of my squad on here I hope that midfield lights the competition up! Danty not in as good form as last year but Fickou one of the form players of the whole Top 14

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi chaps.

Hope you're all well.

Who do you think will have the kicking duties for France this weekend? For ESPN Fantasy of course Whistle

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:06 pm

How are we going to get on against Scotland tomorrow? I'm really not sure, the Scots are looking the more settled side and Jones could only have had 8-10 sessions to stamp his way of playing on the side - have concerns with the midfield as can't see where we will get over their defence. Could be a very tight game, but wouldn't be surprised if the Scots got a win.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Fluxy wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/news/bold-france-pick-four-debutants/

France side is odd.

Not because he's my player at all...  Whistle however Medard has been doing quite well at fullback. 

I do think that the French time looks dangerous, apart from maybe France now lacks a 7 much like us now!

Medard has always been shaky and for me should be nowhere near France squad. French team does look dangerous in part with bonneval a tidy player but not sure about the back 3
At all.

Danty and fickou have real potential and I was keen to get Danty when sje went for them.

The front 5 looks tasty with jedrasiak a pick for the future.
Looks a player.

Just think the half backs back 3
And some bench picks are plain weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:10 pm

For me Chris I don't believe jones has had a enough time to get us playing the way he wants hence him picking a steady side.

Also conditions could be poor so gone for a big side that can look
To control.

That said I want to see some urgency and intent that was all too
Lacking under Lancaster.

The way we approach it is important.

Care for youngs is great. Youngs never gets us going and does not understand tempo when playing int rugby.

Farrell will kick at goal and having 2 kickers could help territory game.

We could lose but hope we squeak it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Get in Glos. How kvesic not an England player beyond me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:47 am

The England questions http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/12143674/Six-Nations-2016-Five-questions-England-must-answer.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 pm

The French look clueless so far.

Spoke too soon, try for France. Bezy is having a mare with the boot.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Bezy struggling with the boot but got them playing at a good tempo ball in hand. Camara and Danty been very impressive in contact and the 7s winger going well. Defensive system come undone a few times though. 

Parisse lucky not to see yellow for the hand in the face

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Not so sure about Bezy, he looks a bit clueless. Italy really showing up, pack is looking strong.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm

So unlucky Italy....why is Parisse attempting a drop goal on 82mins when they need 3pts to win???

France were dire.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:43 pm

I can't believe Quins lost that match, idiocy at the end

Parisse showed that for all his skill, he is arrogant and selfish and not a team player. Never should have gone for that drop goal. He deserves chewing out
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Scrum looks much better, very solid against a great Scotland outfit. Ford misses touch...aagghhh!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Ford isn't having a great game.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Can't blame him for that penalty though, was doomed with that chase
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:26 pm

He just seems to be making a lot of unforced errors. Poor passing, missed touches and knock ons. You can see he's not in great form.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:29 pm

I agree I'd rather be playing Farrell
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Phew.

Looking ok, need to sharpen up a bit in attack. I'd be looking to take Ford off early in the 2nd if he doesn't pick up, he's not offering much.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Defence has been great so far, nice turnover from Cole. Great hands by Mako for the try.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Wouldn't have taken Care off, would put Farrell at 10
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Billy V motm, well deserved. Thought Haskell was very impressive, as was Hartley.

Very happy with that win.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:00 pm

THought all the starters were solid at the very least, thought England were solid and did what they had to. Can't call it poor, Scotland were deemed favourites by many and we won quiye comfortably, handling to work on, discipline in first half wasn't great.

I am biased but I thought Brown was better and back to his usual self or nearly in the air and in running the ball into contact - he did kick poorly though. He's also better at rucking than most forwards. Care was miles and miles ahead of Youngs, quicker pass, made Laidlaw think about him and even kicked better. Marler was solid, held the scrum so that Mako could come on and do damage against tired opposition in the loose and set piece. Robshaw was better than Haskell who mostly seemed to late tackle the halfbacks, but neither was their best or poor. Clifford was decent in his cameo, didn't do much.

Ford was a bit shaky, still missing his confidence, and I'm not sure what our eventual attack will be. Billy V was the best player on the pitch. Kruis also had a very good game, Lawes was better than I expected, Cole was a menace on the floor, Launcbury solid, Hartley solid, Youngs slow slow slow but not dreadful. Farrell ok but not a natural 12, and not sure why he needed to push Laidlaw, also lucky with several high tackles. Joseph better than at Bath, one great man and ball tackle and some steps. Watson and Nowell both worked hard.

6/10 start, which will do, look to build over the tournament.

Would play:

Brown
Watson
Joseph
Hill/Devoto
Nowell
Farrell
Care
Vunipola
Haskell/Kvesic
Robshaw
Launchbury
Kruis
Cole
Hartley
Marler

George, Vunipola, Brookes, Itoje, Clifford, Youngs, Ford, Daly

next match
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Haskell was better than Robshaw for me, hence why Eddie took Robshaw off for Clifford and mentioning him as an excellent performer after the game.

Neither scrum half played well but Youngs was much worse than Care, I thought he was really poor when he came on.

Scrum was excellent for most of the game, as was the line out. Few stupid pens, notibly Cole picking up the ball and Lawes offside. I actually thought the ref was pretty awful, that pen against Cole for clearing out was bizzare.

I'd stick with the same side but drop Ford to the bench and play a 12. Maybe get Itoje on the bench for Lawes.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Haskell still not anywhere near the answer for the no7 shirt though, he tackles and he carries but we desperately need that link man and breakdown specialist. Would like to see Clifford start against Italy.

The Bath backs all looked well out of sorts, JJ did nothing to suggest Daly shouldn't be given a start instead, Watson looks off with timings and Ford's confidence isn't there, but at least he was taking the ball flatter than he has been at Bath.

Would certainly start Mako next week, Marler seems out of sorts and Nel gave him a hard time at the scrum. Also Brookes could be pushing Cole very closely for a start, he seems to give some silly penalties away.

Thought BV was brilliant today and Kruis, Hartley and Nowell all had good games - Lawes, Mako and Clifford all came off the bench and played well too. Overall pretty good start as Scotland isn't an easy game.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:13 am

Agree on Haskell. he's not the future but played really well. Cole played well, odd stupid pen but was strong in the scrum and breakdown. Brookes is well short of match fitness too, he lasted about 20mins befor hanging about of his hoop last week.

Marler didn't struggle in the scrum. Mako is better as an impact sub, his scrummaging is poor at Int level and it can be targeted less at 50mins onward.

I'd drop Ford for a 12 but pretty much keep the same team. Bring Itoje onto the bench for Lawes maybe.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 am

Brookes played well against Quins yesterday - both our starting props need to up their games, Mako for me should start against Italy, his scrummaging has come on massively at Sarries.

Thought McGeechans article in the Telegraph summed up the game very well - was v positive about England's performance and liked the Ford/Farrell combination as if won us the possession and territory game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/12144886/Six-Nations-2016-England-uninspiring-Not-at-all-this-was-an-excellent-display-against-Scotland-at-Murrayfield.html

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:15 am

Ford was pretty poor throughout, he's bang out of form and shouldn't have started really.

Mako is still a very hit and miss in the scrum. His technique is not good and he relies on power alone. He goes down much more than Marler does, the scrum becomes a 50/50 gamble.

With Marler on we have a solid platform rather than an attacking weapon. Mako will either drive a guy back or fall flat on his face and give away a pen. He's much more use an impact sub.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am

Thought Nel gave Marler a pretty tough time yesterday, Marler for me hasn't had a good 12 months, same as Cole as the WC demonstrated, we badly under fired there. Hartley will help the scrum a lot, as will George but Mako has clearly come on a lot, so I'd disagree with you there.

Ford will come good, did some nice things yesterday and a few poor executions but solid enough alongside Farrell - it's not the greatest combination but Jones will keep the same starting XV - would like to see Daly for Goode on the bench, can't see Lawes losing his bench spot as was impressed when he came on.

Certainly a performance to build on.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:09 am

Happy to disagree, seen enough of Mako yesterday to know he still has issues. Scotland have a very good scrum and we more than held our own yesterday, probably even got on top. I imagine this will only improve as time goes on.

It's often easy to shine coming off the bench, especially against the Scottish replacements who were a big step down in quality.

Ford needs to make way until he gets in some form imo. The 10/12 axis offered next to nothing and Farrell is the better FH at the minute. International rugby is not a place to find your form.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:30 am

The 10/12 played the way Eddie Jones wanted them to, there's only one way they can play and that is giving us territory and getting big runners off of them, it was never going to be open and expansive, but we made Scotland play 60-70 metres from our try line for most of the game and Jones had his tactics spot on.

I agree Ford is out of form/confidence, but at the same time is throwing Deveto in at no12 the answer when he's not first choice at Bath, similar with Hill at Exeter who rotates quite a bit. Other option would be swapping Ford with Cipriani. I'm not sure we have many alternatives at the moment other than to keep on with Ford/Farrell as a stop gap, just such a shame Slade isn't fit.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:18 pm

SJE

I left my laptop at my friends house and he's gone away for the weekend not sure if I'll get it back in time too predict.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:13 pm

I'd prefer Farrell and an actual 12. Ford isn't playing well in the slightest, there's little point playing him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 pm

I think Farrell and a ball playing 12 is our best option.

9.Care
10.Farrell
11.Nowell
12.Devoto
13.Joseph
14.Watson
15.Brown

I'd pick that for Italy.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Cant see Eddie Jones making that change though, Joseph has been playing equally as poorly for Bath, Watson only a little better and Pooly you've also mentioned how poorly Deveto has been playing so is he the option there?

I'd stick with what we had, until we get better options in and give Jones time to stamp his mark on the team so we can start playing a more expansive style - eventually I'd like to see Ford, Tuilagi and Daly playing, with Slade as the bench option.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Devoto hasn't been as bad as Ford.

I'd also go with that backline Driver. We need a 12 option, Farrell is not the answer. JJ was decent yesterday from very little good ball from the 10/12 axis.

I can't see how we can stick with Ford after that dire showing yesterday.

Ireland really getting on top in the scrum, Bigger off is huge for Ireland.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:That scrum is going to take a hiding. Should be a good game, can't wait for the weekend!

The exact opposite has happened Evans and Lee
Destroying their opposite numbers. Wales scrum dominant.

Good half of rugby.
Roberts and faletau impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next