The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+23
Blueschief
dragon999
Steffan
2ndtimeround
Tattie Scones RRN
ScarletSpiderman
George Carlin
LordDowlais
geoff999rugby
thebandwagonsociety
RubyGuby
GavinDragon
VinceWLB
mikey_dragon
munkian
Dolphin Ziggler
Cardiff Dave
bedfordwelsh
PhilBB
RiscaGame
wayne
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
27 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:51 pm

With Warburton, I can only conclude that they like him as captain because of how he deals with referees. He's very respectful towards them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:53 pm

wayne wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Does anybody believe this 'One True Region' nonsense?

It's 67% owned by the chaps who owned Swansea RFC in 2003.
Phil for as long as it keeps winding up one man in particular and many others it seems, I'm really happy for the ONE TRUE REGION to carry on Smile

Collosal hypocrisy from you given your feelings about LIARS
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:With Warburton, I can only conclude that they like him as captain because of how he deals with referees. He's very respectful towards them.
Yeh Gatland came out with that gem when he made him captain, what exactly has it gained us?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Well we have won a fair bit while he's been captain. I'm not saying we've been successful because he's been captain, but you have to admit he's very good with referees. Alun Wyn is more confrontational (for want of a better word).

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Well we have won a fair bit while he's been captain. I'm not saying we've been successful because he's been captain, but you have to admit he's very good with referees. Alun Wyn is more confrontational (for want of a better word).
Yes he does appear to have a good rapport with referees, but what decisions have been changed because of this stance, I don't believe I've ever seen any, as for AWJ being confrontational, possibly, but so were M Johnson and even POC, and Richie McCaw was nothing like WRUburton in his attitude to them. As for winning a fair bit, yes, I wonder what their records are like when captaining Wales? Genuinely don't know.
Taking my obvious bias into account, I know who I'd rather follow onto a pitch.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:30 pm

wayne wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Well we have won a fair bit while he's been captain. I'm not saying we've been successful because he's been captain, but you have to admit he's very good with referees. Alun Wyn is more confrontational (for want of a better word).
Yes he does appear to have a good rapport with referees, but what decisions have been changed because of this stance, I don't believe I've ever seen any, as for AWJ being confrontational, possibly, but so were M Johnson and even POC, and Richie McCaw was nothing like WRUburton in his attitude to them. As for winning a fair bit, yes, I wonder what their records are like when captaining Wales? Genuinely don't know.

Dan Evans?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 pm

wayne wrote:
Just looked it up Sam W  P22 W9 L13, AWJ P1 W1, don't think it is up to date though, so perhaps a bit unfair to judge on that.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Just to fuel the superiority argument, the last player to captain Wales from the Dragons area was Michael Owen, and basically he wasn't a Dragon because he had only just left the Celtic Warriors, but the real plaudits for his being captain are with Pontypridd and the fact he was only captain because Gareth (Alfie) Thomas was injured. You have to go back years to your now esteemed coach Kingsley Jones who captained Wales the massive number of one. Since Michael Owen captained Wales, 3 Ospreys have.
You really don't have to think very hard to realise if you want to get on in Welsh Rugby, you need to move in a westerly direction.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:20 pm

wayne wrote:Just to fuel the superiority argument, the last player to captain Wales from the Dragons area was Michael Owen, and basically he wasn't a Dragon because he had only just left the Celtic Warriors, but the real plaudits for his being captain are with Pontypridd and the fact he was only captain because Gareth (Alfie) Thomas was injured. You have to go back years to your now esteemed coach Kingsley Jones who captained Wales the massive number of one. Since Michael Owen captained Wales, 3 Ospreys have.
You really don't have to think very hard to realise if you want to get on in Welsh Rugby, you need to move in a westerly direction.

Right. So that drivel you wrote about Ryan Jones last night was more hypocrisy then.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 pm

That was definitely worth your time typing. Great read, many thanks.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:23 pm

wayne wrote:Just to fuel the superiority argument, the last player to captain Wales from the Dragons area was Michael Owen, and basically he wasn't a Dragon because he had only just left the Celtic Warriors, but the real plaudits for his being captain are with Pontypridd and the fact he was only captain because Gareth (Alfie) Thomas was injured. You have to go back years to your now esteemed coach Kingsley Jones who captained Wales the massive number of one. Since Michael Owen captained Wales, 3 Ospreys have.

Which NGD players, since Owen, should have captained Wales?

PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm

PhilBB wrote:

Better still, you have to go back to 1984, remember that date? Spikey Watkins was the last proper Captain of Wales whist playing in that area, and even then it was only for 4 games.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:33 pm

See Robin Davey seems to be backtracking and now thinks Amos is now staying down Rodney Road

7 hours ago - Twitter
Am assured Hallam Amos is happy at NGD, is under contract for 2 yrs after this, is going nowhere and WRU/WG wld not direct him anywhere else

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 pm

RiscaGame wrote:See Robin Davey seems to be backtracking and now thinks Amos is now staying down Rodney Road

7 hours ago - Twitter
Am assured Hallam Amos is happy at NGD, is under contract for 2 yrs after this, is going nowhere and WRU/WG wld not direct him anywhere else

Or he means that Morgan is off.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Well, I am pretty certain that is happening. But apparently he said Amos was off too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:58 pm

wayne wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Better still, you have to go back to 1984, remember that date? Spikey Watkins was the last proper Captain of Wales whist playing in that area, and even then it was only for 4 games.

Owen captained the Lions as well mind Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Right. So that drivel you wrote about Ryan Jones last night was more hypocrisy then.
So at least you've recognised the monumental error for first of all letting him go and then with at least 2 seperate opportunities to get him back, either you didn't try very hard or he came to the obvious conclusion that his best interests lie in moving in a westerly direction, just to let everybody know Ryan Jones started his first class Rugby career with Newport RFC, he played one game, (that's right 1) against Bridgend RFC and then the only team to see the promise was the team he played against Bridgend RFC where he signed for at the end of that season, when Regional Rugby came along even though he was a Gwent boy he stayed within the area he was at by signing for Celtic Warriors, another opportunity arose for the area he originated when the following season they disbanded and there was an open shop for all the other teams left to come in for former CW players, did NWG come in? Who knows, probably they did but so did another Region further west (see where this going) the rest is History, he knew his best interests lay in that direction.
To be quite honest nothing has really changed has it, Lydiate when he came back he didn't want to end up there for numerous reasons, Faletau is off and when he comes back, unless he's in his dottage will go anywhere bar there.
Let's ask this question, what player that has played West of NGD has made a conscious decision to come there has had the effect of Ryan Jones not only in Regional Rugby but for the National .Team as well

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

So at least you've recognised the monumental error for first of all letting him go and then with at least 2 seperate opportunities to get him back, either you didn't try very hard or he came to the obvious conclusion that his best interests lie in moving in a westerly direction, just to let everybody know Ryan Jones started his first class Rugby career with Newport RFC, he played one game, (that's right 1) against Bridgend RFC and then the only team to see the promise was the team he played against Bridgend RFC where he signed for at the end of that season, when Regional Rugby came along even though he was a Gwent boy he stayed within the area he was at by signing for Celtic Warriors, another opportunity arose for the area he originated when the following season they disbanded and there was an open shop for all the other teams left to come in for former CW players, did NWG come in? Who knows, probably they did but so did another Region further west (see where this going) the rest is History, he knew his best interests lay in that direction.
To be quite honest nothing has really changed has it, Lydiate when he came back he didn't want to end up there for numerous reasons, Faletau is off and when he comes back, unless he's in his dottage will go anywhere bar there.
Let's ask this question, what player that has played West of NGD has made a conscious decision to come there has had the effect of Ryan Jones not only in Regional Rugby but for the National .Team as well

Let's ask this question instead. Why don't you just and write those drivel on on a toilet wall where it belongs Wayne?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Fair laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Why's the Connacht game on a Thursday?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Let's ask this question instead. Why don't you just  and write those drivel on on a toilet wall where it belongs Wayne?
Now who's getting angry? Why don't you just and write those drivel on on a toilet wall where it belongs Wayne?

WTF is that supposed to mean? Why don't you get a decent education and then come back boy

What is "drivel" about that article regarding Ryan?
I'll answer for you, Nothing
As an organisation you haven't moved on since before the Millenium, as recent events portray

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 pm

wayne wrote:

Let's ask this question instead. Why don't you just  and write those drivel on on a toilet wall where it belongs Wayne?
Now who's getting angry? Why don't you just and write those drivel on on a toilet wall where it belongs Wayne?

WTF is that supposed to mean? Why don't you get a decent education and then come back boy

What is drivel about that article regarding Ryan?
As an organisation you haven't moved on since before the Millenium, as recent events portray

I'm not angry, I'm bored of your twaddle. Unlike you, I have more post grad qualifications than Dan Evans has Welsh caps, and tuning in to another barrage of your witless, illiterate, illogical, fatasist, farts-higher-than-his-own-4rse attempts to make some nebulous and vapid point that only you in the entire world care about, is getting a little old.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 pm

I mean you'd think he'd be embarrassed coming on here giving it large about the Ospreys, given the ownership info noted above confirms that the NGD are 17% more regional than the One True Region.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

I'm not angry, I'm bored of your twaddle. Unlike you, I have more post grad qualifications than Dan Evans has Welsh caps, and tuning in to another barrage of your witless, illiterate, illogical, fatasist, farts-higher-than-his-own-4rse attempts to make some nebulous and vapid point that only you in the entire world care about, is getting a little old.
So in other words you've lost the argument, by not being able to counter so you have to go back to your normal abode, make sure you put the lid back down when you've flushed.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:45 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

So in other words you've lost the argument, by not being able to counter so you have to go back to your normal abode, make sure you put the lid back down when you've flushed.

I can't even tell what language your 'argument' is meant to be written in, let alone what point it is you're trying so poorly to prove. My three year old would write more coherent points on his Innotab.

Last edited by Stone Motif on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Stone Motif wrote:I mean you'd think he'd be embarrassed coming on here giving it large about the Ospreys, given the ownership info noted above confirms that the NGD are 17% more regional than the One True Region.

16.666% recurring, isn't it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:I mean you'd think he'd be embarrassed coming on here giving it large about the Ospreys, given the ownership info noted above confirms that the NGD are 17% more regional than the One True Region.

16.666% recurring, isn't it?

I stand corrected.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

I can't even tell what language your 'argument' is meant to be written in, let alone what point it is you're trying so poorly to prove. My three year old would write more coherent points on his Innotab.
Let's really hope he is more coherent than you then, but that wont be hard, you even had to edit your last post to get your reply in.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Why's the Connacht game on a Thursday?

Who doesn't love a Thursday night?

I think they don't want to clash with the U20s tomorrow and have three games on top of each other also (County home Sat, Newport Sun).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:34 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

I'm not angry, I'm bored of your twaddle. Unlike you, I have more post grad qualifications than Dan Evans has Welsh caps, and tuning in to another barrage of your witless, illiterate, illogical, fatasist, farts-higher-than-his-own-4rse attempts to make some nebulous and vapid point that only you in the entire world care about, is getting aț little old.

Let's really hope he is more coherent than you then, but that wont be hard, you even had to edit your last post to get your reply in.
So what, you daft old sod?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:39 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Why's the Connacht game on a Thursday?

Who doesn't love a Thursday night?

I think they don't want to clash with the U20s tomorrow and have three games on top of each other also (County home Sat, Newport Sun).

Who's "they"?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

I'm not angry, I'm bored of your twaddle. Unlike you, I have more post grad qualifications than Dan Evans has Welsh caps, and tuning in to another barrage of your witless, illiterate, illogical, fatasist, farts-higher-than-his-own-4rse attempts to make some nebulous and vapid point that only you in the entire world care about, is getting aț little old.

So what, you daft old sod?
Classical Yahoo laughing

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

The board. I meant clash with the under 20s on Friday too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Stone and Wayne. Stop. Or I'll just ban you both for a couple days so everyone else can have some peace.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 pm

RiscaGame wrote:The board. I meant clash with the under 20s on Friday too.

Probably down to tv though isn't it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:29 pm

We aren't on tv, as far as I'm aware.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 pm

RiscaGame wrote:We aren't on tv, as far as I'm aware.

Pobol y Cwm instead, i'm afraid to say. There we are.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am

The NGD chose to play this Thursday.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:49 am

PhilBB wrote:The NGD chose to play this Thursday.

Source ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Skybet have us slight favourites tonight. Pretty shocked by that. I'd have thought Connacht would be heavy favourites.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

munkian wrote:

Source ?

Robin Davey's Twitter?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:18 pm

If you play like you did against Ulster, you should win, imo. Be worried about the Connacht's front 5 they mullered Scarlets. You will need another strong game from the likes of Brok Harris and Landman (hopefully he doesn't get red carded this time steam ).

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Yep, bit disappointed we didn't start Boris to try matching their pack more.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:27 pm

I have actually been impressed by Phil Price's scrummaging which is much improved this season. Only in one or two games can I remember him being mullered

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:29 pm

GavinDragon wrote:I have actually been impressed by Phil Price's scrummaging which is much improved this season. Only in one or two games can I remember him being mullered

He's been mullered in all matches at least once. I'm worried about LH next year seeing as Stanko is rumoured to be off (no it isn't from Davey's twitter before the two boneheads ask).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:16 pm

munkian wrote:

Source ?

Chris Kirwan.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:16 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I didn't take Davey's word as gospel, I never have done. That's PhillBB's job.

You do love telling lies, don't you?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:I have actually been impressed by Phil Price's scrummaging which is much improved this season. Only in one or two games can I remember him being mullered

He's been mullered in all matches at least once. I'm worried about LH next year seeing as Stanko is rumoured to be off (no it isn't from Davey's twitter before the two boneheads ask).

Compared to previous seasons he has been much improved. Stankovic, while an awesome scrummager, is clearly winding down for retirement and is quite a liability in the loose after 30 mins.

Underwhelmed by our rumoured signing of hobbs.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

GavinDragon wrote:

Underwhelmed by our rumoured signing of hobbs.

Why? He'll be significantly better than anything presently in the squad.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next