The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salford

3 posters

Go down

Salford Empty Salford

Post by davidl1061 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 9:36 am

What a performance last night.

Completely dominated Saints, granted without James Roby to lead them round the pitch.

Could Salford be a force this year or is it just another false dawn for them?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Salford Empty Re: Salford

Post by Steel Fri 12 Feb 2016, 10:19 am

Was easily the best I've seen a Salford team play

To say the week before hull gave them a bit of beating it's a complete turnaround.

I think to become a force they'll need to work on their consistency shipping in 40 points against hull last week to scoring 40+ points this week is like polar opposites, I was impressed by Dobson and lui if they can keep that pairing going I think they could be a surprise package.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 11:56 am

I thought Murdoch-Massila was very impressive, he will cause defences issues all season playing like that.

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:52 pm

It was a very impressive performance, especially the first half.

You seem alot better balanced this year, have more workmen like players who will get stuck in, and who'll give more consistent performance's than bigger named players who are good one week non existent the next. And you seem more of a team thís season.

I don't think you will be a force thís season, more for the same reason as my team in that it's hard to see who in the top 8 were going to replace. Plus you, like us, need to sort out our away games.
But I think your going in the right direction, and there's no reason a trip to Wembley can't happen.
It must be nice though, after the last couple of years to just be concentrating on the pitch rather than having the off field stuff as well.

In a side note, I really miss going to the Willows, are they ever going to sort out the stadium (when I've been, no shop & a small bar dosn't help with it being in the middle of no where)?

And whilst taking nothing away from Salford, just how poor were Saints, absolutely hopeless.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:09 am

Im not a Salford fan but wanted to comment on how well I thought they played.

I do agree though that the stadium is in the middle of nowhere, so annoying!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:57 am

They pinned there hopes on getting that slip road from the motorway which doesn't seem to have happened, I agree it is in the middle nowhere and awful to get there. The function room they have there generally has a band or dj on before though which is pretty decent for an hour. If it's slightly cold on the day it's normally freezing in that ground it's a real wind tunnel

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down