The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who gets on your wick....

+40
hampo17
Soul Requiem
JDizzle
Luckless Pedestrian
Samo
Pal Joey
Uryu Ishida
Luke
Cardiff Dave
mikey_dragon
Dolphin Ziggler
lfc91
Beer
LionsV2
Tattie Scones RRN
JuliusHMarx
SecretFly
President Trump
superflyweight
Hero
Mad for Chelsea
kingraf
lostinwales
dyrewolfe
dummy_half
Galted
Hammersmith harrier
navyblueshorts
rIck_dAgless
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Steffan
ShahenshahG
aja424
Pr4wn
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
Scott is Back
44 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 14 Empty Who gets on your wick....

Post by Scott is Back Fri 12 Feb 2016, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

After seeing Kanye spouting all his rubbish on twitter, his new Homeless Look clothing range....and his video game of his mom trying to get into Heaven, could this man actually be any more of a b3ll3nd!

Tell me people.....who gets right on your t!ts!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 14 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mountain man Fri 16 Dec 2022, 11:02 am

Harry and Meghan.

They are so tired of press and media intrusion but do Netflix series documenting their lives and promoting it endlessly.

mountain man

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 16 Dec 2022, 3:25 pm

If you thought you'd been treated unfairly, and you were given the opportunity to give your account of things, would you accept it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 16 Dec 2022, 3:26 pm

I don't say this as a 'fan' by the way, I find the royals tedious, but I think they're entitled to have their say.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Dec 2022, 3:31 pm

mountain man wrote:Harry and Meghan.

They are so tired of press and media intrusion but do Netflix series documenting their lives and promoting it endlessly.

Both pointless non-entities, living lives of extreme privilege and wealth, whilst whining about how unfair everything is and draping themselves in the blanket of victimhood.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts, mikey_dragon and mountain man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 16 Dec 2022, 4:08 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I don't say this as a 'fan' by the way, I find the royals tedious, but I think they're entitled to have their say.

I don't mind most of the Royals to be honest, Charles seems sensible and Will and Kate decent. (my claim to fame met them, had a chat etc). Fundamentally I'm in favour of the monarchy.

However, H&M going on and on and on about how media and press hassling them has ruined their lives yet instead of issuing a statement asking to be given privacy they activately literally beg for more coverage by being all over tv/press/internet.
Hypocritical, tedious nobodies. Would bleedin Meghan be interested in him if he wasn't a prince? Not a hope. She's a second rate actress who hit jackpot.

All these veiled claims of racism and exclusion by/from Royal family but nothing actual factual. Just teasers to get interest so they can bag another $50m from Netflix.

Their life must be awful living in a $20m mansion in California, poor lambs.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Dec 2022, 4:44 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:If you thought you'd been treated unfairly, and you were given the opportunity to give your account of things, would you accept it?
Yeah, while your own production company signs off on clearly manipulated elements of the production. Pathetic. And to think they've been whining about inaccuracies etc in the damned series. Hope they sod off to the US and we never see/hear from either of them ever again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 16 Dec 2022, 6:51 pm

The worst of the UK always seems to head to the US; James Corden, Nish Kumar, Harry and Meg… sadly, they often come back (get kicked out).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Dec 2022, 7:20 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:The worst of the UK always seems to head to the US; James Corden, Nish Kumar, Harry and Meg… sadly, they often come back (get kicked out).

P*ers M*rgan.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 16 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm

I was waiting for someone to mention him Smile.

mikey_dragon

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 20 Dec 2022, 11:59 am

What the ... is Nish Kumar doing in the US - an unfunny whiny lefty 'comedian' doesn't seem like a good fit over there.

Still, quite happy for them to keep him, along with Piers Morgan. For a while, it seemed like he was going to the the BBC's next favourite son, but then they fairly quickly moved on to the nearly equally annoying Joe Lycett.

Can't we just have comedians be funny, whether they are political (Ben Elton was a funny comedian with strong political views) or more about day to day life (Billy Connolly).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Dec 2022, 12:31 pm

dummy_half wrote:What the ... is Nish Kumar doing in the US - an unfunny whiny lefty 'comedian' doesn't seem like a good fit over there.

Still, quite happy for them to keep him, along with Piers Morgan. For a while, it seemed like he was going to the the BBC's next favourite son, but then they fairly quickly moved on to the nearly equally annoying Joe Lycett.

Can't we just have comedians be funny, whether they are political (Ben Elton was a funny comedian with strong political views) or more about day to day life (Billy Connolly).

Unfortunately Sean Lock was the only funny person in the UK who was actually paid to be funny, now that he's gone the rest are exposed for the mediocrities they are.  I find most threads on this forum funnier than anything that appears on the television these days, especially when the golf thread gets political.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 20 Dec 2022, 4:19 pm

Galted wrote:
dummy_half wrote:What the ... is Nish Kumar doing in the US - an unfunny whiny lefty 'comedian' doesn't seem like a good fit over there.

Unfortunately Sean Lock was the only funny person in the UK who was actually paid to be funny, now that he's gone the rest are exposed for the mediocrities they are.  I find most threads on this forum funnier than anything that appears on the television these days, especially when the golf thread gets political.

I think defining good comedy is very difficult, because often it depends on the audience being in sync with the performer - I quite like John Bishop and Michael McIntyre, because I can relate to the minor family dramas that their humour is based on. Younger comedians, not so much...

However, I think everyone can agree that Nish Kumar is an unfunny kn0b.

dummy_half

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 21 Dec 2022, 12:05 pm

In contrast I can't stand Bishop or especially McIntyre. Totally unfunny to me. And annoying to boot.

I quite like satire, pee taking and Have I Got News for You often hits spot. The quick wit of Hislop and Merton very good I find.

However, what's funny to one person isn't to another which I guess is good. Be boring if all the same.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 22 Dec 2022, 8:57 am

I was particularly referencing stand up comedy. Another example is Peter KAy. Some people and a lot of the media have him as being basically the second coming, but I just don't get it, in ths case despite being in his likely demographic.

HIGNFY used to be a fine show, but has got stale and isn't helped by it becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish reality from satire. Similar to the problems the rebooted Spitting Image had - the likes of BoJo and Trump are essentially caricatures to begin with.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 24 Dec 2022, 9:51 am

Well in fairness HIGNFY been going for about 150 years or so so keeping it totally fresh a challenge.

Peter Kay superb, if not seen I highly recommend watching Phoenix Nights. Really good. Plus of course the Car Share series.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 24 Dec 2022, 1:25 pm

Galted wrote:

I like Rhod Gilbert but sadly he could be going the same way as Sean Locke soon.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 03 Jan 2023, 11:23 am

Romesh Ranganathan. Has a less amusing comedian ever had so much work thrown his way? I'm not sure a day goes by where I don't see him in a trailer for something or other.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 03 Jan 2023, 12:45 pm

Also, can 2023 please be the year Brian Blessed stops getting voiceover work?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 04 Jan 2023, 9:54 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Romesh Ranganathan. Has a less amusing comedian ever had so much work thrown his way? I'm not sure a day goes by where I don't see him in a trailer for something or other.

Bit like Ugo Monye, he's in just about everything. I'm sure he'd go to the opening of an envelope. I wouldn't mind if he was any good at his actual so called speciality.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 04 Jan 2023, 2:30 pm

mountain man wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Romesh Ranganathan. Has a less amusing comedian ever had so much work thrown his way? I'm not sure a day goes by where I don't see him in a trailer for something or other.

Bit like Ugo Monye, he's in just about everything. I'm sure he'd go to the opening of an envelope. I wouldn't mind if he was any good at his actual so called speciality.

And he wasn't really all that as a rugby player, at least by the standard of international wingers - wonder why him rather than Jason Robinson (for example)?

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 04 Jan 2023, 4:39 pm

Well he was a Lion, in fairness - albeit a Lion who spilt the ball over the line in a Test match, as I recall it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jan 2023, 11:36 pm

Judging by the extracts of Prince Harry's book, he's had a complete breakdown. Burning every bridge he ever had with his family. If Meghan leaves him he'll have nothing.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Jan 2023, 3:45 am

Maybe his family were awful to begin with.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 06 Jan 2023, 8:28 am

Duty281 wrote:Judging by the extracts of Prince Harry's book, he's had a complete breakdown. Burning every bridge he ever had with his family. If Meghan leaves him he'll have nothing.

Nah, I reckon if she leaves him etc they'll welcome him back with open arms. It's her that's causing all the trouble I reckon, either directly or indirectly. Giving him the bullets to fire.
She won't ditch him though, he's the money ticket. A 2nd rate "actress" who no-one had heard of before marrying him and has now struck the jackpot.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Jan 2023, 10:44 am

mountain man wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Judging by the extracts of Prince Harry's book, he's had a complete breakdown. Burning every bridge he ever had with his family. If Meghan leaves him he'll have nothing.

Nah, I reckon if she leaves him etc they'll welcome him back with open arms. It's her that's causing all the trouble I reckon, either directly or indirectly. Giving him the bullets to fire.
She won't ditch him though, he's the money ticket. A 2nd rate "actress" who no-one had heard of before marrying him and has now struck the jackpot.

Well that's good enough for me!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Jan 2023, 1:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Maybe his family were awful to begin with.
Maybe they were pretty much like any other family behind the scenes? Arguments, disagreements etc etc. Nothing to see here...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Jan 2023, 1:36 pm

Does anyone really care? Even former military are telling him he should stfu now. Far more people than him, in far worse straits than him. Wish he'd just sod off to California and grow up old.

Death of his mum at that time in his life must have been very, very difficult. However, IMO, there are other ways to deal with it than become a hypocrite for 30 pieces of silver and trash your family in public, possibly beyond all hope of recall.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 06 Jan 2023, 3:29 pm

British royal family in " racist and arrogant" shock. Who would have guessed? When "prince" Andrew raped a minor, I don't think the public were quite so bothered.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 06 Jan 2023, 3:34 pm

Why? Because of the media coverage.The same media that chased his mum to her death.
If I came from the same family who still colludes with said media, then I would leg it too, with a hot woman.
The same family who made him walk behind his mum's coffin for what must have seemed an interminable amount of time, because it's ,you know, protocol.
The sooner we rid ourselves of the parasitical and abusive family,the better!
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 06 Jan 2023, 4:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Does anyone really care? Even former military are telling him he should stfu now. Far more people than him, in far worse straits than him. Wish he'd just sod off to California and grow up old.

Death of his mum at that time in his life must have been very, very difficult. However, IMO, there are other ways to deal with it than become a hypocrite for 30 pieces of silver and trash your family in public, possibly beyond all hope of recall.

I didn't care, but since reading parts of his book, I've come to realise that Harry is very mentally ill. What will be left for him in ten years time?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 06 Jan 2023, 4:46 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:Why? Because of the media coverage.The same media that chased his mum to her death.
If I came from the same family who still colludes with said media, then I would leg it too, with a hot woman.
The same family who made him walk behind his mum's coffin for what must have seemed an interminable amount of time, because it's ,you know, protocol.
The sooner we rid  ourselves of the parasitical and abusive family,the better!

He hasn't legged it though. He said he would, but he actually seems intent on keeping himself on the front pages with his weird stories about himself, and revealing private information about his brother and father (presumably they don't deserve privacy).

The paparazzi were scum, no doubt, but it wasn't exactly helped by the driver being drunk and goading the same paparazzi. Nice to know that Harry has recreated the journey to give himself peace of mind.

BIB - He also hasn't done this.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Jan 2023, 4:57 pm

I really don't understand why everyone cares so much. They're all awful. Every single one of them.

The sooner Britain rids itself of its ridiculous monarchy, the better. Seeing King Charles have the stones to talk about the cost of living crisis when his family receive over £80m per year, plus extras from the taxpayer for just existing is vomit-inducing.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 06 Jan 2023, 6:40 pm

There's the nub.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Jan 2023, 7:07 pm

Yeah, sorry. Not having that one here.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:01 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Yeah, sorry. Not having that one here.

Prince William made me say it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:26 pm

I must admit, the thought that a bereaved son is driven through the same space his parent died on purpose in the hope of understand the event, out-weirds Alan Partridge going to see his books getting pulped!
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:51 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:I must admit, the thought that a bereaved son is driven through the same space his parent died on purpose in the hope of understand the event, out-weirds Alan Partridge going to see his books getting pulped!

Not sure it's fair to judge unless you've somehow found yourself in that same position, to be fair.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Nothing personal Prawn (Laugh), but:

Pr4wn wrote:
Derek Smalls wrote:I must admit, the thought that a bereaved son is driven through the same space his parent died on purpose in the hope of understand the event, out-weirds Alan Partridge going to see his books getting pulped!

Not sure it's fair to judge unless you've somehow found yourself in that same position, to be fair.
So no-one can comment as no-one can possibly be in exactly the same situation? I don't think so.

Pr4wn wrote:I really don't understand why everyone cares so much. They're all awful. Every single one of them.
Really? Interesting.

Pr4wn wrote:The sooner Britain rids itself of its ridiculous monarchy, the better.
Sorry, I disagree. The Monarch is fine as a Head of State. I agree the hangers on should be cast off, but to suggest that we'd want another ****ing useless election of some fatuous political tw@t as a President (or whatever) is beyond agonising. People of this country can't be bothered to engage with politics as it is and yet it's thought they'd want yet more elections? Careful what you wish for...

Pr4wn wrote:Seeing King Charles have the stones to talk about the cost of living crisis when his family receive over £80m per year, plus extras from the taxpayer for just existing is vomit-inducing.
Ah yes, this old argument. You can only possibly 'understand' anything if you've first-hand experience of something. Yes, it can help, but the idea that someone wealthy can't comprehend the situation of someone struggling is daft. In Charles's case, I suggest it's more than daft, given the myriad of people, of all spectrums, that he's spoken to. People like Tony Benn clearly should never have been anywhere near the Labour party then, as they clearly could never have understood the issues of working people...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 07 Jan 2023, 12:43 am

1. I didn't say no-one could comment. I do, however, think it's unfair to make fun of him for doing that.

2. Ok....

3. My opinion is that the monarchy entrenches the outdated and brutally unfair class system in Britain. The monarch is a fine head of state until he/she isn't. The fact that we have Charles and not Andrew is basically an accident.

4. You're completely missing my point. They received a royal grant last year totally £86.3m. That is absolutely ludicrous. It also rather softens his point about poverty, when he and his family are take so much out of the British public purse despite the fact that they're all already fabulously wealthy. It's nothing personal against Charles. I don't know him. But if he felt that strongly about poverty, maybe the royal family could tighten its belt a bit too, along with the rest of the British public. But they won't. That's my point.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 07 Jan 2023, 1:34 am

Going by the excerpts, although I don't believe Harry deliberately chose to go through*that* tunnel, it wouldn't be the maddest thing he's done. He's not a bright man. Another good argument that in-breeding and the hereditary principle is a bad idea
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 07 Jan 2023, 1:20 pm

After the way his mother and wife were/are both treated by the media I dont blame him at all for wanting to get his side of his story out there on his terms, rather than the usual character assassinations by the gutter press.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 07 Jan 2023, 2:58 pm

Samo wrote:After the way his mother and wife were/are both treated by the media I dont blame him at all for wanting to get his side of his story out there on his terms, rather than the usual character assassinations by the gutter press.
Re. his mother, I think you're forgetting that there were absolutely two sides to the idea that she was solely 'hounded' and didn't court the press when it suited her. Plenty of the media drooled over her. Doesn't even Hooray Henry apparently reference the briefings off from both of his parents' offices?

Re. Markle, there was at least as much positive press as negative, especially before their obvious pre-planned decision to 'withdraw' from any public service, but apparently while wanting to retain all the trappings.

navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 07 Jan 2023, 3:19 pm

Was you dere,Charlie? Was you dere?
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 07 Feb 2023, 3:08 pm

Chris Sutton. Need I say more?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 13 Feb 2023, 9:07 am

Sonja McCloughlin.

Worlds worst rugby interviewer. Was on the BBC rugby podcast and embarassingly couldn't pronouce half the players names properly.
Add in her terrible line of goading questions post match to a losing captain, see Farrell last year for details.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 03 Oct 2023, 12:14 pm

Most drivers w/ personalised number plates. I especially dislike ones such as the following, that I've seen recently:

MR V1P
BIG BO55

Actually, the above made me laugh out loud. Idiots. Probably lacking somewhere...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 03 Oct 2023, 6:00 pm

It's always struck me as being the ultimate waste of money.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 03 Oct 2023, 9:22 pm

Pr4wn wrote:It's always struck me as being the ultimate waste of money.

Yeah, I've always thought they were OVE R8D.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

superflyweight and navyblueshorts like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 23 Nov 2023, 8:17 am

Hannah Fry, she presents the BBC program The Secret Genius of Modern Life and it's very good. Interesting and entertaining but blimey she is so smug. Yes she is smart but wants everyone to know it. Last night her very first words to James Dyson(of vacuum fame) were "I've got a Phd in fluid dynamics".

Good presenter? Yes.

Modest and self deprecating? Absolutely not.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 23 Nov 2023, 9:35 am

mountain man wrote:Hannah Fry, she presents the BBC program The Secret Genius of Modern Life and it's very good. Interesting and entertaining but blimey she is so smug. Yes she is smart but wants everyone to know it. Last night her very first words to James Dyson(of vacuum fame) were "I've got a Phd in fluid dynamics".

Good presenter? Yes.

Modest and self deprecating? Absolutely not.

There was a spate of youngish presenters presenting wildlife shows a couple of years back who seemed to think that they, and not the wildlife, were the point of the show.  Cue multiple close-ups of the presenter holding binoculars to his/her chest, shots of distant wildlife in the background with the presenter looking thoughtful in the foreground, and more close-ups of the presenter nodding while somone off-camera describes what you should be watching.

Far prefer the Attenborough method of a quick chat at the start of the show so you can see that he's still alive, an hour of well-narrated scenes and the ending of him telling you not to bother because you've personally f*cked up Planet Earth anyway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum