The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+17
BamBam
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
TM Moot
Fernando
twelve283
Skyforger
liverbnz
Pr4wn
skins4ever
Lowlandbrit
mikeygnfl
Number-25
Breadvan
GSC
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
21 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 20 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Time for Carolina to pull out some starters me thinks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 20 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:31 am

I think I'm more excited about the offseason now than I would have been about the playoffs if we had won tonight. We'd have been one and done in the playoffs but after that car crash tonight, all bets are off now! There was talk this week that Cousins wanted 26m a year...how can he walk in and ask for that with a straight face after tonight and the Carolina game? Also got outgunned by Dak Prescott twice this season. DJax did nothing to warrant a new contract tonight... all in all he's had a disappointing season. Garçon is the only that merited a new deal.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 20 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by skins4ever Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:32 am

Number-25 wrote:In fairness though, Garçon is money and of all our free agents this upcoming offseason, he's the one we need to keep. Great pro, great route runner, great hands, tough as nails.... gotta keep him.

Couldn't agree more, but now we need a QB who can get the best from him. Cousins is not a franchise QB, and given it will take probably 2 drafts (and hopefully a new DC) to build a D, we need someone who can do something a bit special and we need them quick. Is there any hope in the draft?

PS, so nice of the FOX commentary team to compliment the Skins D in the 2nd half. I'd accept the compliment if they had shown up in the first half. In fact, if they had shown up in any game this season.

1 and done in the post season anyway, so no big loss, and at least we've given Detroit some hope of a SB...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:48 am

New plan... we have 60m of cap space next year... keep Garçon AND Jackson. Keep Vernon Davis too. Find a starting RB worthy of the name in FA or the draft. Re-tool the defense big time.

Oh and let Cousins walk. If you re-sign him, you can't do all of the above.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 3:48 am

Agh!!! This is too exciting!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, if the
Redskins had won tonight, I'd have been wetting my pants ahead of playoff excitement.... but they didn't and they reverted to the typical Redskins team we've seen over the last 25 years...

... this is awesome though... what on earth is Scott McCloughan gonna wake up feeling like tomorrow though....

.... the more I think about it, the more I'm happy we lost... now the powers that be have a lot more room to make potential FAs get real.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 10:43 am

I'm also excited to see Cousins shiny new 140m deal
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

I'm depressed Chip got fired, I wanted to kick his ass in Philly next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jan 2017, 10:56 am

Been saying it all along, you cannot give Kirk cousins a big franchise deal if you want to compete, you just can't do it and expect to get anywhere near a super bowl

People seem surprised McCoy got canned in San Diego
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:04 am

I'm not sure I understand the Chip firing. Yeah they had a bad season but the guy deserves more than 1 season to prove himself. San Francisco are just lost as a franchise.

Tough to see Chip getting another shot in the NFL with his resume. Not sure he'd even want one though. Back to the college ranks for him I think.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:05 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Been saying it all along, you cannot give Kirk cousins a big franchise deal if you want to compete, you just can't do it and expect to get anywhere near a super bowl

Kirk Cousins = Andy Dalton

'nuff said.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

No GM candidate worth anything was working with Chip Kelly.

You could promote Tom Gamble and be in this situation again in 2 years time.

He just isn't a NFL HC, no desire to adapt. Cut your losses and walk.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

I have sympathy for Mike McCoy though. Don't think hes a great coach but dealt a rough hand in SD annually with injuries, playing their last season in SD yearly etc.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:22 am

You gotta allow your new GM to bring in his guy

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly get a role in New England - belichick offered him a role before San Francisco came in with the HC offer
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:23 am

He'll get paid too much as a college HC to have to take a demotion at the NFL level.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:27 am

GSC wrote:He'll get paid too much as a college HC to have to take a demotion at the NFL level.

Missed out on the recruitment cycle in college now I think?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

Takes time to put your program in place anyway
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

Unsurprisingly, Houston vs Oakland put into the Saturday afternoon slot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 02 Jan 2017, 4:54 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:He'll get paid too much as a college HC to have to take a demotion at the NFL level.
Missed out on the recruitment cycle in college now I think?
I think NSD is about a month away, so pretty much.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 02 Jan 2017, 6:02 pm

Number-25 wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Been saying it all along, you cannot give Kirk cousins a big franchise deal if you want to compete, you just can't do it and expect to get anywhere near a super bowl

Kirk Cousins = Andy Dalton

'nuff said.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sign him to a lower value 2 year deal. And see what's there in the draft when they pick. He can't claim top 10 QB money given the last 6 games of this season, and I can't see another team out there paying him stupid money (and their loss if they do). If he doesn't; sign a cap friendly deal, or walks, then hand the reins to McCoy for a year and draft. Either way, big dumb move to resign him for big bucks. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's proven to be just not good enough.

Q - are the 49ers becoming the Browns?...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 02 Jan 2017, 6:09 pm

skins4ever wrote:Q - are the 49ers becoming the Browns?...
Usually with teams run like that you can at least wonder how long the owner is still going to be around for. Jed York's about 15 years younger than Dan Snyder.

On the plus side, the last team to fire consecutive coaches after their first year in charge was also the 49ers, in the years right before they hired Bill Walsh.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jan 2017, 7:12 pm

Chuck Pagano is literally standing in a press conference, after a meaningless comeback win over a 3-13 Jaguars team in Week 17 and saying it proves the "team, coaches and players are heading in the right direction. with the right people"

I love love love the fact Indy are screwing up the prime of Luck's career with this clown and the ultimate dingbat, Ryan Grigson
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 02 Jan 2017, 8:57 pm

So the end of season press conference by the Bills' GM went well...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:22 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:So the end of season press conference by the Bills' GM went well...

Who would've thought a guy who still believes in EJ Manuel could be so inept
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 03 Jan 2017, 11:48 am

Always good when your coach says your 2nd round kicker has to win a job in his 2nd year.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 03 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

He's been clear that every player on the squad needs to win their job next year, he was just asked a leading question.

Who does everyone have as MVP this season? Has to be Rodgers for me. Though Ryan has had a fantastic year, the Packers are toast without Rodgers.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 03 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm

Top 10 for next year's draft is Browns - 49ers - Bears - Jaguars - Titans - Jets - Chargers - Panthers - Bengals - Bills

So, do the Browns take a QB at number 1 or do they let someone else?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Jan 2017, 5:51 pm

Matt Ryan the clear MVP for me - Rodgers stunk for a month and a half at the start of the year. Ryan has been great all year, actually did better with Julio too

By all accounts there is barely a QB worth taking in round one talent wise, so fully expect Cleveland to pass up a generational player like Myles Garrett to draft Mitch Trubisky (you could order a Chinese and have it delivered in the time it takes him to deliver the ball)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 03 Jan 2017, 6:50 pm

No QBs worth taking in round 1.... you still think then that the Redskins should let Cousins walk and try to draft a QB?? That sounds like a crapshoot to me.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Jan 2017, 7:09 pm

Number-25 wrote:No QBs worth taking in round 1.... you still think then that the Redskins should let Cousins walk and try to draft a QB?? That sounds like a crapshoot to me.

Hey look I'm no QB evaluator, there might be the next Russell Wilson/Dak later in the draft.

But I can tell you paying Kirk cousins 20-25m a year will mean Washington keeps itself out of the playoffs for the foreseeable future
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 05 Jan 2017, 1:13 am

MVP = Carr in my books. Look how they have done without him...

Can't see Cousins getting over 15M next year, but they could sign him to a longer average 20-25M back loaded contract. And he never sees the end of it.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:59 am

Well Skins and Saints clearing out coaching positions. Saints situation could mean Payton staying (though hard to see how the assistant HC gets the blame for their D being so bad as he only coached the LB's). Skins had to part with Barry. I know we need talent but there's enough talent to be better than near bottom of the NFL and he failed to make adjustments in crucial games like Detroit. Be curious if they go with a seasoned DC (not sure about Ryan brothers though) or pull someone form the college ranks.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Jan 2017, 5:46 am

I have no idea how Rob Ryan keeps getting jobs in the NFL. Every defence he touches turns to trash.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Jan 2017, 8:22 am

Pr4wn wrote:I have no idea how Rob Ryan keeps getting jobs in the NFL. Every defence he touches turns to trash.

Ditto Rex Ryan.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

Neither of the Ryan brothers will be getting a job in Washington. Why would you want them? Bad personalities to have around and they're simply just not that good.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 07 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm

Oakland might want to realise they're in the playoffs and stop calling the most conservative gameplan ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 07 Jan 2017, 10:10 pm

Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:38 am

Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 08 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

Fairly comfortable wins in the end yesterday for the Seahawks and Texans. Expexting closer games today. The dream of an all-Texas Super Bowl is still on as well.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 08 Jan 2017, 5:40 pm

I expected a closer game out of the Lions. Passing game almost a non-factor.

Raiders showed just how much a difference Carr makes.

Can see the same happening with the Dolphins game. Moore can manage the game, but if the Steelers shut down Ajayi, I expect them to win comfortably.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

Houston Oakland a candidate for worst play-off game either. Raiders at least has injury excuses, Texans had no business being there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:11 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

Seen 6 teams play so far, genuinely don't think we're any worse than 4 of them. Should kill the play-off expansion dead

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=65067
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20