The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator

+5
ShahenshahG
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
hazharrison
9 posters

Go down

Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator  Empty Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator

Post by hazharrison Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:29 pm

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/10143959/anthony-joshua-to-be-handed-ibf-world-title-eliminator

Carlos Takam - nice work if you can get it.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator  Empty Re: Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 2:08 pm

Takam would be a decent step up for AJ and good fight for him to take, regardless.

Strong & heavy, if small for a HW, but better than anything AJ has fought so far.

Wouldn't be too soon for him, though the follow up versus Martin might. Weak Yank champ who doesn't deserve the belt, but looks like he could have some skills and I'd not want AJ to fight him without a couple of good learner fights first.

No reason he couldn't make that for the end of 2016 though.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator  Empty Re: Joshua Offered IBF title eliminator

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

We all knew it would be the IBF...Win that get out a few substandard cheques on Sky sport for Fury/Haye and fight stiffs on PPV for five years. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:29 pm

Joshua needs a bit more experience before he starts fighting title eliminators, few more rounds under the belt.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:48 pm

Why does he need more experience and who is going to give it to him ???

Chisora is looking for a big payday.......These past it decent former fighters don't need the aggravation of a long beating when they know deep down it's over anyway..

Two rounds at the most Joshua - Chisora......He learns diddly.

Why waste time....He hammers Martin now....and anyone else in the IBF top 10.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why does he need more experience and who is going to give it to him ???

Chisora is looking for a big payday.......These past it decent former fighters don't need the aggravation of a long beating when they know deep down it's over anyway..

When Joshua comes up against someone who can take a punch,(and he will) and goes into the later rounds, it will be interesting to se if he's in control or blowing like a beached whale because of the lack of rounds, which he would get from fighting durable fighters instead of  knocking over tomato cans.

Time is on Joshua's side no rush needed.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm

Give an example of a durable fighter that will give AJ rounds?

Kingpin failed, having taken Fury, VK, Chis and Charr the distance, Chis hasn't looked like he's the chin or the fitness to be considered durable anymore since Haye.

Who's left? Zack Page....??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm

Berny Stiv?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Give an example of a durable fighter that will give AJ rounds?

Kingpin failed, having taken Fury, VK, Chis and Charr the distance, Chis hasn't looked like he's the chin or the fitness to be considered durable anymore since Haye.

Joshua has 30 rounds under he's belt in 15 fights,3 of the best, Ali, Tyson, Holmes 25 plus fights before they fought for a world title, what's the rush with Joshua, times on his side, can't see the problem.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:40 pm

He hits like a mule and if the rumours were true (about him being dehydrated against wilder) then he might get off his chubby titties and smack Joshua for a last chance at glory. Big no no. Ideally someone who can take a punch but not punch back.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm

What is it they are waiting for with Joshua? Put him in now, there's now way he will get further on in his career and we will look back and be glad he got more "experience"...... piffle.

The HW number 1 is Fury for Gods sake, grab the belts now while your young and can dominate, seem to have this softly softly approach you British fight fans?? It baffles me.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:49 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:He hits like a mule and if the rumours were true (about him being dehydrated against wilder) then he might get off his chubby titties and smack Joshua for a last chance at glory. Big no no. Ideally someone who can take a punch but not punch back.
The big problem with that though, Shah, is that if Stiverne did have to go sit in a sauna for Lord only knows how long, then the indications are that he's not the best disciplined HW and is unlikely to get off the aforementioned chubby titties and smack AJ about after taking him a few rounds.

Don't get me wrong, I like Joshua but he's nowhere near the finished article however, as has been pointed out, outside of the top guys, who is there to give him the experience he needs? He could sit around smacking doormen and guys looking for a payday around for a couple of years with the crowd lapping it up but, like Hatton, there comes a time when they want to see their man up against the best and there's only so much guff they'll stand for before it gets ugly. He could, on the other hand, also go out and win the IBF belt and then have to "learn on the job" but given the lack of talent at HW, outside of a unification fight (which if he gets the belt isn't happening anytime soon), he may as well continue smacking around doormen and guys looking for a payday (who are now suddenly given a fabulous) world ranking and get paid big money for doing it whilst being a HW title holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:49 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why does he need more experience and who is going to give it to him ???

When Joshua comes up against someone who can take a punch,(and he will) and goes into the later rounds, it will be interesting to se if he's in control or blowing like a beached whale because of the lack of rounds, which he would get from fighting durable fighters instead of  knocking over tomato cans.

Nico you're the eternal optimist..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:53 pm

Get him in with Ibeabuchi, eh Nico?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:58 pm

Takam Joshua is almost 50/50 for me. Would be exciting and a big win for either one of them. Takam is far better than Whyte.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Nico you're the eternal optimist..
I'm a Boro supporter, so having watched them get relegated on numerous occasions, my optimism left me years ago.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:05 am

shenglong2015 wrote:What is it they are waiting for with Joshua? Put him in now, there's now way he will get further on in his career and we will look back and be glad he got more "experience"...... piffle.

The HW number 1 is Fury for Gods sake, grab the belts now while your young and can dominate, seem to have this softly softly approach you British fight fans?? It baffles me.
Piffle, I apologise for having an opinion, I'll confess and say 3 hail Mary's.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:10 am

No point messing around now for AJ, fighting opponents that may punch back, but are basically punch bags. I feel his skiils could suffer and his motivation to train hard will diminish if he knows his opponents are going to be a walk over. Not training seriously over a long period of time will damage him. I say go for this fight now and'strike whilst the iron is hot'.
I know heavyweights peak at about thirty odd generally nowadays, but at the moment AJ still has his youthful athleticism which won't be there in 4-5 years time.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:15 am

Nico the gman wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:What is it they are waiting for with Joshua? Put him in now, there's now way he will get further on in his career and we will look back and be glad he got more "experience"...... piffle.

And I too have an opinion, and I think its piffle to hold him back, are some peoples opinions worth more than others around here?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:33 am

Nico the gman wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Give an example of a durable fighter that will give AJ rounds?

Joshua has 30 rounds under he's belt in 15 fights,3 of the best, Ali, Tyson, Holmes 25 plus fights before they fought for a world title, what's the rush with Joshua, times on his side, can't see the problem.

That's not an example though, is it?

Bit like saying poor people should sell unicorns so they have more money.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:54 am

shenglong2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

And I too have an opinion, and I think its piffle to hold him back, are some peoples opinions worth more than others around here?
No but that seems to be the case, if you don't agree with others opinions.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 27 Jan 2016, 1:32 pm

Tony Thompson might fancy another crack at a British prospect and show up to win, although is he banned for a failed test?

Pulev would show up to win and still has something to offer if AJ fancied a risk yet.

Povetkin will give anyone rounds, might be a bit too much yet though.

There are non world title fights available to AJ still.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

bellchees wrote:Tony Thompson might fancy another crack at a British prospect and show up to win, although is he banned for a failed test?

Pulev would show up to win and still has something to offer if AJ fancied a risk yet.

A useless muppet that was 40-33 down against a 38 year old Wlad after 4 rounds or a middle aged guy looking for a last payday....

What's the point ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 2:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
bellchees wrote:Tony Thompson might fancy another crack at a British prospect and show up to win, although is he banned for a failed test?

A useless muppet that was 40-33 down against a 38 year old Wlad after 4 rounds or a  middle aged guy looking for a last payday....

What's the point ??

Agree with Truss, what are we as fans or even AJ getting from these sorts of fights?

Do you lot enjoy watching substandard boxing or something? Get him in with the big boys now, am I missing something?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 27 Jan 2016, 3:05 pm

Pulev would beat Joshua. No way they take on a fight like that until a belt is on the line

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down