The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt!

+7
Rowley
mobilemaster8
Baby faced assassin
Steffan
AdamT
Pedro147
shenglong2015
11 posters

Go down

Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt! Empty Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt!

Post by shenglong2015 Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Just read that Robert Helenius is likely to vacate rather than take on Chisora for the second time, to concentrate on a World Title tilt. As such the next two candidates would be Klitschko or Povetkin, who are very unlikely to want to fight for a European belt given they are fighting Fury and Wilder for world titles respectively.

So that leaves Joshua, who is in prime position for a shot at the Euro belt, and Chisora has already said he would relish the opportunity for a big showdown in the UK for the belt he should have won last time out.

Would you like to see this match up? And who would win?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt! Empty Re: Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt!

Post by Pedro147 Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:57 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:Just read that Robert Helenius is likely to vacate rather than take on Chisora for the second time, to concentrate on a World Title tilt. As such the next two candidates would be Klitschko or Povetkin, who are very unlikely to want to fight for a European belt given they are fighting Fury and Wilder for world titles respectively.

So that leaves Joshua, who is in prime position for a shot at the Euro belt, and Chisora has already said he would relish the opportunity for a big showdown in the UK for the belt he should have won last time out.

Would you like to see this match up? And who would win?

Joshua inside 3. Chisora is gone as a fighter and one big shot and he'll go. Whyte was young and hungry with a good chin so could take Joshua's shots. Chisora is too heavy and miles past his best. Has an ok chin but isn't as good as it once was.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt! Empty Re: Joshua to fight Chisora for vacant Euro Belt!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Chisora has a puncher's chance and that's about it. He'll show up in reasonable shape hoping not to get blown away in side two rounds, he's how signs he might give AJ something to think about but when he gets into range he'll fall into AJ and get tied up or smother his own work. It'll be an ugly maul and won't showcase AJ in any way other than to demonstrate he can wipe out a guy who doesn't hold his hands up either through tiredness, laziness or generally poor technique.

Still, the AJ PPV train will keep on rollin'

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:37 pm

If it was the Chisora that fought Haye or Vitali, I would give him a good chance. He hasn't looked great and would be surprised if he lasts 3 or 4 rounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:46 pm

The Chis hasn't looked that good recently but if he gets himself in shape and has some of that good stamina then he could wear Joshua down. I still pick AJ to win it though. But possibly in the later rounds and maybe taking a few punches himself

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Think Chisora has struggled because he has poor power for a HW. Don't really think he's going to test Joshua's whiskers at all. Great fight PR wise for Matchroom.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Don't think his chin is gone but maybe his fire has, that fury fight was diabolical he just didn't have any fight in him

If he let's Joshua Tee off like Fury did can't see it lasting linger than 4 as Whyte showed your chin can only last so long if you keep getting hit in this division
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Also worth noting that David Price is coming back this year and apparently he is super motivated and ready to go.

If he fights Joshua he would probably die.

Would like to see Joshua vs Helenius and Price vs Del Boy.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Can someone be kind enough to point out I said it would be Chisora on the Who will Joshua fight next thread. Obviously I am far too humble to do it myself but similarly I don't want one of the few things I have ever got right on here to go unnoticed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Rowley wrote:Can someone be kind enough to point out I said it would be Chisora on the Who will Joshua fight next thread. Obviously I am far too humble to do it myself but similarly I don't want one of the few things I have ever got right on here to go unnoticed.

Somehow pre-empting Helenius being injured (to pave way for AJ). That is good work.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 am

When you know, you know Haz.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 am

That leaves David Haye with no real opponent. Would you be surprised if he took on David Price? Would be a good money spinner, and could be the last pay day Price needs before retirement, given we all know he doesn't have the tools to make it at a top level.

Haye did hint after his demolition of De Mori that he would like a fight against a taller fighter to potentially gauge against Fury....

Could be Dave versus Dave on Dave.

Sells itself really.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Get ready for a Joshua v Chisora PPV...
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:24 am

Joshua will be PPV from now on I suspect. That is the problem with putting a fight like Whyte on PPV. Joshua is not going to go from earning 2million as a headliner or whatever the number was to earning a quarter of that on regular Sky or as chief support for Frampton Quigg. The whole mind set of promoters and TV companies is wrong when it comes to PPV, they view fighters as PPV, this is wrong, fights should be PPV, not fighters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Just a smaller, lighter punching, cracked chin version of Whyte minus the control of range really. If it goes ahead, very safe fight for AJ obviously inspired by the warning signs of round 2 vs Whyte, who had he come in a little lighter and not stood there in round 1 to take all that punishment, might have had a little more pop to actually drop AJ.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:06 pm

I think its a good fight to make. AJ v Chisora is a good step up for him. Chisora has challenged for a world title, fought good opposition. If AJ does a job and sends a statement it will do his reputation a lot of good. It's not a PPV fight. Eddie will have to get Campbell and Crolla on the card just to justify it.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:34 am

Just heard this fight will be on the 9th April.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 am

Chisora has lost every meaningful fight he's ever had, wasn't that good at his peak,easy win for Joshua, Chisora's just looking for pay days now.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm

themadworldofjb wrote:I think its a good fight to make. AJ v Chisora is a good step up for him. Chisora has challenged for a world title, fought good opposition. If AJ does a job and sends a statement it will do his reputation a lot of good. It's not a PPV fight. Eddie will have to get Campbell and Crolla on the card just to justify it.

Yeah never thought about this, gonna be hard to justify a PPV event out of this!

Who do you fancy will make weight for this inevitable PPV?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down