The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS!

+13
eddyfightfan
The Galveston Giant
Sir. badgerhands
ONETWOFOREVER
Young_Towzer
azania
coxy0001
Fists of Fury
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
Daz
17 posters

Go down

Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS! Empty Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS!

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

Afternoon all.

Looks like Andre Berto has taken a leaf out of Floyd Mayweathers books and accused Victor Ortiz of taking PEDS:

Another day, another juicy Twitter war taking place in the Twitterspehere. Today, it's Andre Berto and Victor Ortiz mixing it up, in a manner just as hardcore as the display they put on when they tangled on April 16 in Connecticut.

You'll recall there were knockdowns aplenty, and while both men hit the deck, it was Ortiz, a clear underdog, who got the nod, via UD12 (scores were 114-111, 114-112, 115-110). In his welterweight debut, he took Berto's WBC welterweight crown on that night.

Berto responded to a Tweet from one "Twash-Bag," who wrote, @AndreBerto "did they drug test ortiz? I've never seen him that strong before... Looked like vargas vs de la hoya."

Berto responded, "Yo this is the main question I get from fans and boxing people. Did they drug test Ortiz? Let me clear the air now!! Your right there is a reason why Ortiz had so much energy, a reason he could take my heavy shots and keep ticking. N there is a reason why he came into the ring 165 pounds. I know people close to him and his camp and I know exactly we he was taking. it wasn't Flintstone vitamins!! But it is what it is I should of beat him anyways but it wasn't me that night. Ortiz wasn't him either lol. Lesson learned time to forget about the past and look forward to the future.

When confronted that he was indulging in a sour grapes session, Berto wrote: "Never bitter never sour Ortiz fought a good fight and got the W. I take my L like a man n come back better Iam lookin forward 2 the rematch."

For his part, so far, Ortiz has maintained his composure. He replied, "Berto needs to stop I'll have to hurt him again. Me I guess im not too bad for not havin a heart or courage Wink"

Brand new world we live and write in, my friends...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/12672-andre-berto-seems-to-imply-victor-ortiz-used-ped

He has since tried to joke about it:

Last night, Andre Berto went back to Twitter and tried to soften his stance, so to speak, on his earlier allegations that Victor Ortiz used performance-enhancing drugs in his April 16 defeat of Berto:

It's a little tough to buy that Berto was being a comedian if you've ever read his Twitter, because frankly he's just not very funny, and, you know, everyone saw everything he had said earlier. Of course he didn't make any direct allegations, but this is nothing new to the modern boxing climate. As Berto's trainer Tony Morgan said, "take the test" is the new hot deal:

"There's so many accusations from so many people that it's sad. All it does is hurt the sport. Come on, we're men here. They both go in, they both work their butts off. I look at it for what it is; he came in and he put on a hell of a performance. Can I take that away from him? No. Until I can prove something different, than maybe I might think of something different. Nobody's proved anything on anybody. Everybody talks. 'Take the test' is the new thing, but it's sad but there is probably people cheating."

... "I know the fact of it all. Berto's head, for some reason, just wasn't there that night. Everybody knows Berto is a lot better fighter than that. It was Victor's night and it wasn't Berto's night. It happens. Welcome to the sport of boxing is what I tell everybody. That's what makes the sport so great is the upset. If anybody knows Victor and what he came from, you gotta take your hat off to him," said Morgan.

Morgan also says that of course there are people cheating in boxing, and of course, yes, there are. Someone out there is cheating -- someone significant. I have no idea who is or isn't, as I've said before, but I have absolutely zero doubt that one of your favorite fighters and one of my favorite fighters isn't on the level. It's a reality of the sports world in 2011, and is especially likely in a sport where testing is such a rotten joke.

I have my doubts that anyone will buy Berto's "explanation," but he offered it anyway. The worst part is I cynically (even more than I've said already) read it as, "Wow, ha ha, can you believe everyone thought of steroids and stuff? I wasn't saying that (but hey, everyone else said it, so it makes ya think, doesn't it?)" I'm not saying that's what he meant, but the whole thing still reeks of desperate, baseless accusation.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/6/2/2202499/andre-berto-victor-ortiz-peds-steroids-tony-morgan-quotes

This is pretty bad from Berto - why can't he take his defeat like a man. Looks like these kind of accusations are becoming more common place in boxing, Mayweather/Pacman, Hopkins/Pascal and now these two.

Something defintely needs to be done, but what?

Cheers
Dazstarr

Daz

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS! Empty Re: Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS!

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

He makes himself look like an idiot.

IMO it was more Berto fighting poorly with stamina issues that lost him the fight rather than Ortiz looking super human.

Maybe he's trying to talk up hype for a rematch but looks like a sore loser to me.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS! Empty Re: Andre Berto insinuates Victor Ortiz on PEDS!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

Cowardly talk.......Not sour but the guy beat me hint hint a lot of people thought was on peds....hint hint..

Didn't know peds could help you take a shot..was he doing chin curls or something.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Big time Valero. 6 weeks later as well!! You think he would be focused on his next fight instead of making up baseless accusations.

It was a cracking fight though. Best I've seem so far this year infact.

A rematch would bring in alot of revenue but he is going about it the wrong way.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

Just read this too on Boxingscene. Seems like PED accusations are the new black. Sour grapes from a guy who was shown up. Poor show from Berto.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cowardly talk.......Not sour but the guy beat me hint hint a lot of people thought was on peds....hint hint..

Didn't know peds could help you take a shot..was he doing chin curls or something.

Some people can never bury rumours like this - he is tainting Ortiz for many years to come. Very low. Ortiz took some huge shots - and like you say Truss - an injection cannot give you a better chin. I have lost a lot of respect for Andre.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

I thought drug tests were manditory?

Ortiz did look freaklishly big and strong compare to the Maidana fight, but he did really come in the ring at 165? Doesnt one of the orginisations have a rule were only 10 pound can be gained from between the weigh in and the actual fight?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

Jealousy. Just like FMJ was jealous of Pacquaio usurping him as boxings number 1 man, Berto is clearly jealous of the acclaim Ortiz has since received.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I thought drug tests were manditory?

Ortiz did look freaklishly big and strong compare to the Maidana fight, but he did really come in the ring at 165? Doesnt one of the orginisations have a rule were only 10 pound can be gained from between the weigh in and the actual fight?

That was a while ago and Ortiz has since moved up to Welter. He might have been weight drained in the Maidana fight - who knows? He is quite a big Welter any way. He is quite young so may have filled out - but accusing someone of peds is terrible unless there is solid proof. It's hard to shake rumours like this.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Why does Berto say "there's a reason Ortiz came into the ring at 165lbs"? Does he really think PEDs helped Ortiz put the weight on after he made the weigh-in??

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Why does Berto say "there's a reason Ortiz came into the ring at 165lbs"? Does he really think PEDs helped Ortiz put the weight on after he made the weigh-in??

That is laughable.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Tick tock before this descends into the usual arguement and goes off topic.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Drug testing should be mandatory and random in all world belt fights and major fights. Hair samples, blood tests, uring samples and saliva tests before and after bouts should be taken. I have no idea if Ortiz was tested or not. I suspect Berto knows that he was or wasn't tested and as such the insinuation is crass.

Berto is not copying FMJ as it wasn't him who initially doubted Pac. I believe Malignaggi was the first to question pac and Pac's ridiculous excuses not to take random blood tests added fuel to the fire.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

I'm holding out hope, Coxy, as mr D4 is conspicous in his absence recently!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

The only thing Ortiz was on that night was another planet to Berto. He wanted it more, the way he flew out of the blocks and sparked him in the 1st round in the corner was unbelievable, he then outspeeded, outfought, outboxed and outhustled Berto from then onwards, i don't think Berto fought bad, but he was battered. He's a disgrace for saying this as well, Ortiz should sue him

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

There are UN-DETECTABLES out there these days.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

You have to believe me.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Sorry chaps. I'm going to lock this thread and prune it. I'll re-open it shortly. No more potentially libellous accusations please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

Unlocked.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

So, about those drug cheats...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

Steven_89 wrote:The only thing Ortiz was on that night was another planet to Berto. He wanted it more, the way he flew out of the blocks and sparked him in the 1st round in the corner was unbelievable, he then outspeeded, outfought, outboxed and outhustled Berto from then onwards, i don't think Berto fought bad, but he was battered. He's a disgrace for saying this as well, Ortiz should sue him

I dont know what substance you are on but I dont want any. It was a close fight and an exciting fight. 2 KDs each and exciting exchanges throught. The better guy one. The difference was not that great as you suggest, even with the silly hollywood poor scripwriting stuff. They both wanted it hence they both got up from KDs and tried to win. Berto was not battered. he lost a close but fair decision.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

SSM? Toney?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

azania wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:The only thing Ortiz was on that night was another planet to Berto. He wanted it more, the way he flew out of the blocks and sparked him in the 1st round in the corner was unbelievable, he then outspeeded, outfought, outboxed and outhustled Berto from then onwards, i don't think Berto fought bad, but he was battered. He's a disgrace for saying this as well, Ortiz should sue him

I dont know what substance you are on but I dont want any. It was a close fight and an exciting fight. 2 KDs each and exciting exchanges throught. The better guy one. The difference was not that great as you suggest, even with the silly hollywood poor scripwriting stuff. They both wanted it hence they both got up from KDs and tried to win. Berto was not battered. he lost a close but fair decision.

Man - im gona watch that fight again tonight!! It was a barnstormer!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:There are UN-DETECTABLES out there these days.

Are you going to break into your best Don Rumsfield impression OneTwo?

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:

We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

It's scary to think of some of the crazy people that can have so much power at their fingertips
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:

laughing laughing laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm

Dazstarr wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I thought drug tests were manditory?

That was a while ago and Ortiz has since moved up to Welter. He might have been weight drained in the Maidana fight - who knows? He is quite a big Welter any way. He is quite young so may have filled out - but accusing someone of peds is terrible unless there is solid proof. It's hard to shake rumours like this.

I know it was at welter but still putting on a stone and a half in a day does raise some questions, drained or not.

Not accusing Ortiz of anything here, I had him to beat Berto via UD.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

It's sad that a boxer can't be beat these days without claiming someone was juiced, he had plenty rounds to sort Ortiz out but couldn't, so just blame it on PED's. He says he takes his lickings like a man but then comes out with this in nearly the same sentence, i know he may have been encouraged by someone else into saying these things but maybe he should take his own advice and take his defeat like a man. I didn't really like him before this and haven't much respect left for him now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

we should just add the phrase........ "one of the lads down the pub told me"
to the beginning of every sentence and we're in the clear

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:48 pm

azania wrote:Drug testing should be mandatory and random in all world belt fights and major fights. Hair samples, blood tests, uring samples and saliva tests before and after bouts should be taken. I have no idea if Ortiz was tested or not. I suspect Berto knows that he was or wasn't tested and as such the insinuation is crass.

Berto is not copying FMJ as it wasn't him who initially doubted Pac. I believe Malignaggi was the first to question pac and Pac's ridiculous excuses not to take random blood tests added fuel to the fire.

Hair samples? WTF are you testing for - Marijuana? Saliva tests?

Testing is done on blood and urinalysis. Saliva is hugely reflective of your last meal and whether or not you've been chewing Wrigley's extra. Unless fresh/foul breath is listed as performance-enhancing I'm not sure it'll tell us much.

I appreciate that you "believe" Malignaggi was the first to question Manny...but you're wrong. The first to question him was FMS. Daddy-May - after having no problem with Manny before he beat the hell out of his fighter (Hatton) broke his silence to say how disgusted he was that Manny was on Peds - after.

The twisted logic here is that he had no problem with sending his fighter out to be destroyed by a fighter he knew was using performance enhancing drugs.

Makes sense. Nice chap FMS.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

Stay on topic guys! Is about Berto v Ortiz and what they've had to say. We all moaned enough when that muppet was on about him and him all the time, lets not lower down to his level then eh?

Naturally i can't do jack as a mere mortal of the boards, but i have got the monetary backing from mafia bosses (also sick of said poster) to get the admins in my back pocket........

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Stay on topic guys! Is about Berto v Ortiz and what they've had to say. We all moaned enough when that muppet was on about him and him all the time, lets not lower down to his level then eh?

Naturally i can't do jack as a mere mortal of the boards, but i have got the monetary backing from mafia bosses (also sick of said poster) to get the admins in my back pocket........

Haha!

If you're calling in the "green team" I'll back down. I don't like false accusations, that's all.

Anyway - definite case of sour grapes from Berto. Making himself look like a tool. Of the first order of tools.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Anyway - definite case of sour grapes from Berto. Making himself look like a tool. Of the first order of tools.

Spot on am firmly of the position drug testing in boxing is inadequate and needs to be far more robust but it does seem now the default position of any fighter who cannot accept defeat when it comes is to accuse someone of using PED's. If he had suspicions he should have voiced them before the fight and insisted on better tests, as champion he would have probably got them, as it is he just comes across as a graceless moob.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:57 pm

rowley wrote:Anyway - definite case of sour grapes from Berto. Making himself look like a tool. Of the first order of tools.

Spot on am firmly of the position drug testing in boxing is inadequate and needs to be far more robust but it does seem now the default position of any fighter who cannot accept defeat when it comes is to accuse someone of using PED's. If he had suspicions he should have voiced them before the fight and insisted on better tests, as champion he would have probably got them, as it is he just comes across as a graceless moob.

I thoroughly appreciate your use of the insult moob. clap

Same for Pascal-Hoppo. If he wanted the tests why not ask first time round?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

Yup, agreed. Do wonder how they got him so high post weigh-in though in his first fight @ 147 though, probably killing himself to make 140 which had a knock-on effect of his body not re-adjusting to hydration at that weight all that well.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

He apparently walks around at the 170 mark.

Then - I heard the same about Juanma. And think how much further he has to cut!
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:20 pm

Strange Berto comes out with this now, but I think Berto got found out in a way, I mean I think Ortiz figured the only way this guy can really take me is by overpowering me, so he came in at a big weight (Which is always risky) and it paid off, the guy with better boxing technique won imo, and Oritz answered all of those "The Kids Got No Heart" doubts. Fair play, but if Berto wants to know for sure get in the ring again with him and make sure he has a drug test?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

oxring wrote:
rowley wrote:Anyway - definite case of sour grapes from Berto. Making himself look like a tool. Of the first order of tools.

I thoroughly appreciate your use of the insult moob. clap

Same for Pascal-Hoppo. If he wanted the tests why not ask first time round?

In that case Oxy I could kind of see why Pascal would be suspicious after the fight considering Hopkins age and his prior two performances which were fairly lacklustre although he was outfoxed rather than outmuscled which is a by-product of age and experience

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Sounded more like bitter words to me. He was taught a lesson in boxing fair and square - which he didn't appreciate.

That said - any compact straight line boxer should give Pascal trouble. Not enough inside work and too many looped punches.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 02 Jun 2011, 6:00 pm

Bitter words without doubt oxy but your a 28 year old world champion who's just been outboxed by someone 18 years your senior, your going to question it slightly

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 02 Jun 2011, 6:06 pm

oxring wrote:He apparently walks around at the 170 mark.

WTF!!!

Erm

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

Dazstarr wrote:

WTF!!!

Erm

That's a pretty accurate impression of my eyes when I read that.

There's precedence I suppose. Look at Hatton - roughly the size and weight of a baby whale in between fights - then 140lbs day before a fight.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:21 pm

There's precedence I suppose. Look at Hatton - roughly the size and weight of a baby whale in between fights - then 140lbs day before a fight.
He's a brilliant pro to lose that weight how he does and never, ever looked weight drained in any of his fights. Hats off, even if it's a dodgy hat Ricky used to wear!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

think balooning between fights like that whilst impressive, is not good for you and probably contributed to taking the defeats so badly. for me true champions are fighting fit 365 days a year.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:16 am

oxring wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

WTF!!!

Erm

That's a pretty accurate impression of my eyes when I read that.

Haha!! He must look like a right porker inbetween fights! He's tiny!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 12:55 pm

Andre, make sure you're safe before making insinuations.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Sat 26 May 2012, 12:57 pm

azania wrote:Andre, make sure you're safe before making insinuations.
Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down